128 Reviews for Windy City Mix

Uplighting (3)
Liability Insurance (2)
Projector (2)
127 Windy City Mix Reviews

Rodrigo was great! He showed up on time and had everything ready to go...cocktail hour was perfect and the music was perfect all night! He double checked with us to make sure everything was correct before announcing anything or anyone. He put beautiful lights up all over the room and our monogram was perfect! Thanks for doing such an amazing Job Rodrigo!

Profile Picture Taryn, 6/22/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Windy City Mix was such a pleasure to work with. Rodrigo really made me and my now husband feel like our event was so important. He was the first and only DJ company we met with and we knew right away that we wanted his services. We were not disappointed. Matt, one of his DJs was the best! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night. I never saw less than 20 people out on the floor and people stayed till it was over and still wanted more! He was very professional, on time and kept the night flowing. Countless people came up to me to compliment the DJ and said that it was the best DJ they ever seen at a wedding. There was also a photobooth they set up that all my guests had fun with and we have a book of photos. I would recommend them to anyone and they are very reasonably priced as well! Such a great night. They helped make my wedding magical!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an awesome night. First person I have ever called that picked up the phone the first time every time

Profile Picture Michael], 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Rodrigo and has staff were absolutely wonderful. True professionals and highly organized. We used the DJ and photo booth service. Both were amazing. My event was perfect. Thank you Rodrigo!!!

Profile Picture Angela, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Photography

I can't say enough positive things about Rodrigo and Windy City; the reception was a blast, the dance floor packed and everything flowed perfectly. Thank you Rodrigo!

Profile Picture Eric, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Rodrigo for our wedding, and he was fantastic! Everything was very professional and well done. He played the music for our ceremony and reception. When I was having trouble choosing music for my walk down the isle he told me not to worry and that he would find something nice and make it flow. He did not disappoint! He was a fabulous organizer throughout the evening and made sure everything stayed on time. I have nothing bad to say about his company!

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Let me start off by saying that you should just stop what you're doing and hire Windy City Mix. Rodrigo is AMAZING and their pricing is UNBEATABLE for the level of service and professionalism they offer. We hired WCM in November of 2016 for our 9/9/2017 wedding. As an interracial couple looking for a DJ that was well versed and comfortable with the traditional jewish hora dance and traditional salsa/Spanish music, Rodrigo put all of our worries to rest. We communicated by email which was very helpful with all of the other wedding meetings and both of us working full time. Their online playlist tool is so cool and easy to use. It made the whole process so much easier.

On a personal note - Rodrigo, the CEO and mastermind behind the amazing Windy City Mix, actually missed his daughter's graduation in Florida to DJ our wedding, which shows how dedicated and professional he is. There was a small oversight on our contract asking for him specifically and when we found out that we might have to work with one of his other DJs (they are all amazing but we fell in love w/ Rodrigo) we were adamant about working with him. He accommodated with a smile and put on the best wedding we have ever been a part of . Every single person - from every walk of life - had an amazing time. We also hired their photobooth services which provided some of the best photos of the night.

Our wedding timeline moved around so Rodrigo checked in with me about everything in such a calm manner. He kept us sane the whole night and kept us on track. He also knew exactly what to play in every moment to keep people on the dance floor and calm it down when we needed to toss the bouquet, etc. Their wide array of music and expert knowledge of weddings are enough, but they go above and beyond to deliver the very best. By the end of the night, Rodrigo felt like family. Thank you so much WCM - you made our wedding perfect.

Photo cred: Jeremy Mann Photography

Profile Picture Riva, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Bilingual MC, Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC

Rodrigo was the best! He played all the music we requested.

Profile Picture Mayra, 9/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding was on 9/2/2017. The DJ, Carlos, reacted well with the atmosphere and made smart decisions on what songs to play next. He was also accommodating to the bride and groom while also ensuring that they had nothing to worry about. During our wedding it started to rain and he quickly moved to the indoor portion with ease. I highly recommend this company for your next big event.

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Windy City Mix was GREAT!! With all the planning that needed to be done it was difficult for me to make decisions on the type of music I wanted to be playing for what occasion or even when would be a good time to do it. They really kept things simple and I didn't have to worry about them the day of the wedding. They were very patient with me and gave me good options and advice when I wasn't sure about something. They played an assortment of music that kept everyone on the dance floor having a good time. They even have photo booths that the guest enjoyed to use, best part was that at the end of the night they give you a book with all the photos that were taken that night and can see the fun that everyone was having as well as messages that the guests leave you. I would highly recommend Windy City Mix to anyone that is looking for an experienced DJ that knows what hes doing and can help take a load off your mind. They truly made my wedding a magical night that I was sad to see end.

Profile Picture Natalie, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Rodrigo made our wedding such a party!!!! He was incredibly open to our requests, happily attended our walk through, and provided everything we could ask for for our ceremony and our reception! He was able to keep our party moving with ease and kept MANY people dancing on the dance floor all the way until closing time. We have already recommended Windy City to several of our other friends also getting married in Chicago! Book Windy City and your wedding will truly be the party all of your friend are talking about, even months later!!

Profile Picture Morgan, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I seen Windy City Mix at my friend's wedding and I knew I had to have them for mine they were the first thing I booked after picking a venue. Very fun, beautiful up lighting, personalized monogram. They had quality props for the photo booth everybody loved it. Our wedding was so much fun the people from the wedding next door kept trying to crash our wedding.

Profile Picture LAURA, 11/19/16, 1 Review
1.2

I booked Windy City Mix a year prior to our 10/1/16 wedding at the Garfield Park Conservatory, based on the glowing wedding wire reviews. When we went to meet with the owner (6 days before our wedding), he didn't show up. He was able to be there about 15 minutes after we called him. He seemed very nice and apologetic, so we forgave him and moved on.
On the day of the wedding, the DJ started off by making comments/jokes about who has kids before we were introduced. We were literally yelling at him to stop from the entrance area because having no kids at the wedding was a huge point of contention with our guests. That started things off pretty badly for me.
Next, we walked out after we were introduced and he played the wrong first dance song. We requested "I can't help falling in love with you" by Elvis, and he started playing "Fools Fall in Love" by Elvis. I actually had to walk over to the DJ, stop the song and ask him to play the correct one.

The other major "blunder" was that he played "Friends in Low Places" by Garth Brooks, which was one of the few songs on our do not play list.

Overall, I was told by several guests that the music was boring and the dance floor was only full for one song - the cha cha slide which I picked myself.

This must be some sort of exception to the rule, since they have so many good reviews. I was very disappointed in the music selection, the wrong first dance and the do not play issue. I would not recommend them to any of my friends.

EDIT 12/22/16: I have gone back and forth with Rodrigo regarding my "issues" several times. He promised me a partial refund in writing, and then decided to change his mind because he thinks my DJ did a great job, DESPITE PLAYING THE WRONG FIRST DANCE SONG. He also claims he has "footage" of my reception and everyone having a great time, even though we did not use their videography services. I am now considering making a case in small claims court.

BEWARE OF THIS VENDOR!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Justine, 10/1/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Photobooth
4.3

Planning a wedding in the city of Chicago can add up really fast! Consider the value of using Windy City Mix. For a very fair price i booked a DJ package and photobooth for my wedding. Pricing it out separately or via other vendors was several hundred dollars more expensive, but I saved by bundling and paying cash. If budget isn't a concern, then consider the quality and professionalism of Windy City Mix! From the first meeting with Rodrigo and Kenneth (our DJ), I could tell they were serious about their work. They have quality props, great packages and their online portal system was great for a Type A bride like me. I was SUPER worried about the music for our wedding given we were mixing cultures (my family is Mexican, his is not), age groups and extremely different tastes in music. I would never have believed they'd get both of our parents on the dance floor. Literally everyone who attended was dancing at some point and that by far some of the best memories of the entire wedding!

Profile Picture User5428868, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

My husband and I worked with Rodrigo from Windy City Mix and he was absolutely FANTASTIC! He was a pleasure to work with and very flexible with our schedules. He catered to exactly what we wanted, and our wedding reception was unforgettable! We had a younger age range among our guests that attended the wedding and my husband and I knew we wanted an upbeat atmosphere on the dance floor, and that is exactly what we got. Our dance floor was filled for the entire evening and I owe it all to Rodrigo. His song choices ranged from different genres and eras so all guests could enjoy their time. I would highly recommend working with Rodrigo and the Windy City Mix team. You will definitely not regret it!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great DJ and photo booth services! I booked Windy City Mix for my June wedding through a recommendation and was not disappointed! Rodrigo kept the dance floor busy all night with a mix of 80s, 90s, 2000s, and salsa music that appealed to our guests. Wilfredo was a great help with the photo booth and props-a surprise to most of our guests-and he made sure everyone signed our photo booth scrapbook. Our wedding would not have been the same without him!

Profile Picture Callie, 6/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Photobooth, Projector, Uplighting, Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

1,000% Recommended. Rodrigo addressed my concerns right away. He talked a big game and came through. Their experience shows tremendously. They worked around the Mariachi band that my mother brought in, almost last minute. I can confidently say that the party would NOT have been the same with any other DJ. Ceremony was classy and the reception had people, who cannot even walk well, dancing until it hurt! He read the crowd well, as he said he would, and the night was amazing and unforgettable. 1 million thank yous!

Profile Picture Jeremy, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer

We had Rodrigo as our DJ for our wedding reception and he did a wonderful job! His company is very affordable and cheaper than most other DJs, especially since the quality of his service is unbeatable. Rodrigo provided us with DJ services, uplighting , and a red carpet photo booth. We had a custom made backdrop for our photo booth that we loved. 2 copies of the photo booth pics were made- guests received 1 copy of their photo booth pic and the 2nd copy went in a scrapbook to us, which is a wonderful gift to the bride and groom! Our guests absolutely loved us having a red carpet photo booth. Rodrigo stayed in communication with us during our wedding planning and was very responsive to questions we had. It was important to my fiancé and i that the delivery and setup went smoothy on the day of our wedding, and Rodrigo definitely delivered on that promise! I would highly recommend Rodrigo as they are affordable, provide all services that you could need, and deliver on quality service!

Profile Picture Kristen, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Where to begin... We met Rodrigo 5 years ago at a wedding and knew that day if we were to ever get married that he was our guy. Two weeks ago our day finally came and as expected it was nothing shy of amazing. At the ceremony, his assistant stepped in as a coordinator to make sure everyone was walking in at the appropriate time. At the reception, we received multiple compliments on the mix of country, hip-hop, R&B and everything else in between. Although Rod did not play my Grease Mega-Mix (I forgive you Rod

Profile Picture Samantha, 11/13/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Rodrigo from windy city mix did a beyond amazing job at our wedding. His staff is so generous and helpful. They are all so talented and friendly. The dance floor was filled all night whether it was an upbeat song or a slow dancing song. Rodrigo picked all the best songs and every person at our wedding had an absolute blast. We had guest come up to us and say, " I don't usually like to dance but I was on the dance floor the whole night at your wedding" the happiness was contagious. We highly recommend Windy City mix if you want a night you'll never forget. They are the absolute best around! Don't even bother looking elsewhere. They are the real deal!!

Profile Picture Danielle and Jonathan, 10/30/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Windy Cindy Mix is the way to go if you’re looking for a wedding DJ. While researching DJ’s, we came across WCM and set up an appointment. On the appointment day, we met with Rodrigo (company owner) and Andres (who was the DJ available for our day). They sat with us for over an hour patiently and thoroughly going through all our questions!
As the day approached, the hubby and I checked in periodically with questions/ event details. Rodrigo and Andres always replied timely and professionally.
On the day of our wedding, Andres just blew us away. He not only was an AMAZING DJ, he took care of us and checked in periodically to make sure we were happy with the music, pace of the agenda, etc. Seriously, Andres, you went ABOVE AND BEYOND!
We had a few music requests ahead of time, but otherwise gave him free reign to play the crowd. Based on the few requests we had beforehand and reading the crowd – HE ROCKED it and kept the dance floor full all night! Andres was also very versatile – he mixed top 50, all kinds of Spanish music (bachata merengue, cumbia, etc.), 80’s, Arabian music, and more flawlessly! I would recommend Windy City and Andres to anyone looking for a solid DJ for their upcoming event! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture nadia, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Rodrigo, you were amazing! The dance floor was crowded all night and everyone had such a good time. Your price was the most reasonable out of anyone I met with, and I don't think any of their services would have even compared to how great you were. I want to get married again, because it was so much fun! Thanks again!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Windy City Mix did an amazing job on our wedding day. They were not only our DJ, but also provided the photo booth and did our uplighting. Rodrigo was so attentive during the entire evening and was very good at making sure we were always on schedule. He was so professional to not bother us too much, but just enough to know that he's on top of everything. I can't remember how many of our family and friends came up to us at the end of the night saying how great of a job he did. Definitely recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture User4552014, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

After looking at various Dj's across the city we met with Windy City Mix and since day one they made us feel comfortable. These guys don't mess around, they know what they are doing. Our wedding was September 12, 2015. My fiancee at the time and I had a call with Rodrigo first and since the first time we spoke, we both got really excited to work with him, he was very professional. When we met things got even better, The packages they offer are at a great price and they also offered a photobooth!
Once the wedding was approaching Rodrigo was always available to answer any questions via email almost instantly. The quality of service they provide is excellent and I doubt it can be found elsewhere.
The day of the wedding, they were already set up and ready to go. Our Dj was Andres.
Andres was nothing but professional and throughout the night kept coming to my husband and I to offer us drinks, if we needed anything. During the speeches, i was not able to hold my tears and he was so kind to bring me towels to wipe my tears. Its the little things that make a difference. Andres and Rodrigo were both great and attentive to our needs.
I highly recommend these guys. You will not be disappointed on bit.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would highly recommend Windy City Mix for your event. Rodrigo was beyond helpful, and promptly responded to all of my emails. They are such professionals and know how to get a party started, and then keep it going all night! We had so many complements on our DJ throughout our wedding reception, and the dance floor was full the whole night. I also recommend using their photobooth service. It was such a fun addition to our reception and our guests had a blast using it. We have two other friends who have used Windy City Mix for their wedding receptions and they had the exact same amazing results we did.

Profile Picture Colleen, 9/5/15, 1 Review