Windy City Hitman Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
    Taylor Married on 11/11/2017
    Gary was such an awesome addition to our wedding day - very responsive throughout the planning process and so nice to work with. Nearly all of my ceremony music was special request and he made sure to get all of it for us.

A few of my guests said it was the best mix of music theyve ever had at a wedding. We definitely recommend windycity!
    Darren Married on 06/11/2017
    Got the recommendation to use Windy City from my mom as one of the DJs had done her wedding years ago! We got Bob as our DJ and he was great. The dance floor stayed packed and he played every song we requested and even took requests with no issues. The only time the dance floor was empty was because people were tired and needed water from all the dancing! Great guys, very accommodating (especially when everything got delayed!) and it was a pleasure working with Bob and Gary.

Windy City Hitman's reply:

Darren,

It was a pleasure to have done your wedding. So glad you enjoyed the music and the packed dance floor with your guests. Thank you for the review.
    The Windy City Hitman
    Caitlyn Married on 08/30/2014
    AMAZING!! kept our dance floor packed, very professional, great songs!!
    Suellen Married on 04/14/2012
    We used Windy City Hitman for our daughter's wedding DJ and were extremely pleased with them! I never realized how important the DJ is, as he emcees the whole night. Our DJ was Gary, who I think is the owner. He spent a lot of time with us, finding out what we wanted and what we didn't want. Choices like if you wanted to allow song requests, or special song ideas - we chose to have all the married couple dance during one song, the he kept announcing how many years you were married to keep dancing - the couple married the longest won - that was really fun! You can also choose if you want the DJ out on the dance floor & more involved or behind the scenes more. He also has state of the art equipment & backup equipment. I would definitely contact them & ask for a information packet!
    David Married on 09/16/2011
    We had our wedding on Sept. 16, 2011. The lighting and music was perfect. Purple lighting on the walls, and stars on the ceiling, left stars in our eyes. Our color was purple and the room setting was fantastic. All our guests were raving about the fantastic job windy city did. Joe our dj was just great. We gave joe our list before the day, and all our requests were met. Even the requests of our guests were done. Joe got everyone invovled in the music. Joe was approachable and accommodating Everything was done professonially and to perfection. If you want your wedding to be what you always anticipated, Windy city hitman is the chose to do so.
  • CandiM
    Candice Married on 06/11/2011
    They are beyond awesome! They made our day so great! Bobby was too good!!
  • W
    Sara Married on 04/30/2011
    Gary did a wonderful job with music and the lighting. He kept people on the floor all night long and worked with me when trying to pick music. I would definitely recommend Windy City Hitman to anyone looking for a DJ.
    Jennifer Married on 10/30/2010
    The Windy City Hitman DJs are awesome! We met with Gary and he showed us all of the packages and details and extras that they offer and really made us feel like we were in control of our wedding music. The packages offer the client to really be as much or as little a part of the planning process as they would like, which was a benefit for me because I had a few "definite" songs and then I trusted them to go forth with the rest. Brian was our DJ and he was awesome! He was great with reading the crowd and leading the night but not being over the top. He picked great songs and played everything I wanted, and those songs that I didn't hand pick were right in line with what I would have wanted anyways. They provided uplighting and special effects lighting for us too, and set up and use of the lights was flawless. We had absolutely no problems or complaints about using this company and would definitely recommend or use them in the future!
    Renayle Married on 10/10/2010
    We booked with Gary in January for our Oct. 10th wedding. Each and every time I had any questions, or had to update infor about the wedding, he responded in a very timely manner. He was also funny and interacted with my husband's niece. He went through my entire list of songs and picked the right ones to play to keep people on the dance floor. What was also cool was when we went to his office and had a demonstration of how the music would sound. Overall, I would defintely recommend Windy City Hitman.
    Johnna Married on 09/03/2010
    This was the best decision we could have made for our reception! Our guests have been raving ever since the wedding about how fantastic our DJ was. Beyond just music, we had the lights, bubbles, etc...that created a fabulous atmosphere for everyone in attendance and made the night that much more special. Gary was fantastic throughout the planning process and did a superb job following our timeline and making sure our other requests were taken care of. The planning process was made so easy since Gary & his company have been doing this for 20+ years, all I had to do was say the word and it was done! Everything went perfectly, just as we had planned. I strongly urge future brides & grooms to use Windy City Hitman for their reception. For all that we got, the price is extremely reasonable & fair...overall, we are extremely pleased that we chose Windy City Hitman for our wedding!!!!
    Lindsey Married on 07/24/2010
    Windy City Hitman allowed me to have the wedding of my dreams. He kept the dance floor packed from start to finish. Thank you for a job well done.
    Scott Married on 05/23/2010
    Windy City Hit Man dj was the best ever! Prompt, cordial, and responsive to the entire crowd old and young. I would totally recommend him for your next event.

Scott and Kristen Kimbrough
    Natalie Married on 02/27/2010
    They were very professional-from their marketing matierals to forms for organization to their apperance at the reception. It was a pleasure working with Gary and his team.
  • Alden/Donovan
    Nate Married on 08/01/2009
    Could not have asked for a better DJ. The whole process from beginnging to end was very smooth. Very easy to deal with and very professional. Many of our guests complimented us on the DJ. I highly recommend hiring The Windy City Hitman.
    Courtney Married on 07/11/2009
    Simply put... they rocked! Played everything we wanted and nothing we didn't. Spent a lot of time with us, making sure everything was right before the big day, and if they didn't have a song, they will get it, and make sure it's the one you want. Etc... Awesome! Made for a great party!
  • F
    Fran Married on 05/02/2009
    Almost a year afer the wedding we are getting compliments about how great the music was at our reception. Everyone danced all eveing and no one went home early. The DJ was fantastic.
    Mark Married on 04/18/2009
    Windy City Hitman DJs made my wedding reception celebration the best imaginable.
    Valerie Married on 12/27/2008
    Windy City and Gary Templin were wonderful. He let us hand select our music and listened and did everything we asked of him. I would refer him to any family member or friend. Good value for the service provided. Valerie Liosatos
    Vicky Married on 09/20/2008
    I had the Windy Cit Hitman DJ my wedding in September 2008. I was given a lot of feedback and suggestions during our conversations and they were super easy to deal with, which was especially nice since I live in Ohio and the wedding was downtown Chicago. My DJ called me a few days ahead of time to "get to know me" and get a feel for what I was looking for. All my guests loved the music selection and felt very comfortable asking for requests. Would totally recommend them to anyone!!
    Vicky
    Cara Married on 09/13/2008
    Gary, the dj from Windy City Hitman, had the dance floor packed all night! He played everything we wanted and did not play anything we had listed as "do not play." He was extremely professional and kept in contact with us throughout the wedding planning process. My husband wanted to use them because of their great playlists and equipment. We were more than pleased with them and highly recommend!
    Jason Married on 08/09/2008
    Gary was awesome! Everything went perfetct and the dancefloor was filled all night. I don't usually give perfect scores but they desreve it!
    Jillian Married on 06/28/2008
    Windy City Hitman was very enthusiastic about our wedding from the very start... which is a joy to work with someone who is just as excited as you. They accommodated me with everything that I wanted, and were professional and sounded excellent!! I couldn't have asked for a better DJ!!!
    Jeff Married on 06/14/2008
    Going into a party you never know what the guests will want or what music the guests will want to get them moving. The Hitman knew exactly how to read our crowd and made adjustments to the plan so that people had a great time.
  • I
    Derek Married on 05/24/2008
    Very good, they have a HUGE library of music to choose from
    Jennifer Married on 05/17/2008
    I couldn't have asked for anything more when I hired Windy City Hitman to DJ our wedding!!! When we first met with Gary he was very knowledgeable about everything and made sure to explain everything he had to offer - - a lot of things to choose from.

The DJ's were nothing but professional and made sure that everyone was having a good time at the reception. One of my guests at the wedding came up to me and told me how considerate/nice the DJ's were. Their table was right by a speaker and the DJ came up to the table and asked them if it was too loud/quiet and if they had any issues with noise or anything to come and see him. That was one less thing I had to worry about!!!

I had a great time at our wedding and the music was great - - I spent the whole night on the dance floor

I would recommend Windy City Hitman to anybody else who is getting married