Windwood Equestrian Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Allison
    Allison A. Married on 03/25/2022

A dream come true!

When searching for a venue, my partner and I wanted a beautiful venue we didn't need to decorate too much. We had viewed venues for hours one weekday and in fact, I had contemplated canceling with Windwood, I was so tired of looking. However, we didn't, and it was the biggest blessing we didn't. As soon as we pulled through the gate, we both said, "this is it, this is our venue". It's like finding the perfect dress! Not only is the venue breathtaking all on its own, the staff and owners are precious. William was so welcoming from day one. I remember the night before the wedding, we rented the Airbnb, and he came up late at night to help us with something. Lyndsey was there every step of the way, managing the space while also helping my own wedding planner. I cannot recommend them enough. It was truly a dream come true!
    Sarah M. Married on 01/01/2022

Incredible!

Windwood is amazing! Highly recommend!
    Jennifer M. Married on 12/11/2021

A dream come true!

Windwood Equestrian made me and Austin’s wedding day dreams come true. They saved us when the weather was not on our side and Lyndsey was beyond perfection, helping us every step of the way. It was a magical night made perfect by a lot of amazing staff and a unbelievable venue. Windwood brings option after option to use as your wedding day setup. Book here and be assured your day will be everything you dreamed it would be.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Stevie Married on 12/04/2021

Best venue!

This venue is perfect! Super easy to work with and beautiful! Got married in December and the greenery was perfect!
    Laura Married on 03/13/2021

Absolutely Gorgeous

This was the perfect place!! Every detail was taken care of and it was a stress free day! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. My guest were amazed at the natural beauty and loved everything about this venue! They were great people to work with!

Windwood Equestrian's reply:

Laura, it was an honor to be a part of your big day! The entire Windwood events team wishes you the absolute best in your marriage.
    Anna T. Married on 09/22/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding venue ever!

Windwood Equestrian was more than my husband and I could have ever dreamed of. Any dream or idea that we had was able to come to life since Windwood is so versatile. The venue can truly fit any style. Choosing Windwood as our ceremony and reception venue was the easiest decision that we made throughout our entire wedding planning process. They help you every step of the way. Arden, Will and the entire Windwood staff don't just treat you like a customer, they treat you like family
    Betrice Married on 09/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Windwood Equestrian was everything we imagine and more.. Will and Arden Upton are the best!!! They service your every need and make sure your day is everything you expect and more!! I truly recommend anyone to have their wedding there!! #UptonAreAwesome
    Lauren Married on 04/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I had a wonderful experience at Windwood for my wedding. The venue is gorgeous and the staff make everything so easy. Arden was great to work with and my wedding flowed so well. I received so many compliments on the venue and horses. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding or rehearsal dinner!
    Kelly Married on 04/02/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We got married at Windwood Equestrian a few weeks ago and our experience with Mo from beginning to end was wonderful! The venue is absolutely beautiful and was just the perfect backdrop for what our guests say was the "perfect wedding!"
    Sally Married on 10/17/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Choosing to have our reception at Windwood was the easiest and best decision we made during our wedding planning process! William, Arden, Mo, and the entire Windwood staff were amazing to work with and they did everything possible to make our reception a dream. Even when we had unexpected rain pop up a few days before our wedding, they handled all the last minute rearrangements and additions seamlessly and kept me stress free (thank you!!). The grounds are immaculate and it's obvious that no detail is overlooked. Hands down the best wedding venue in the area!
    Patti Married on 05/29/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    What an absolute dream venue Windwood is. From the beautiful gate that you pull up to, the incredible winding drive that overlooks all the beautiful fields, to the amazing barns that hold the special event, it is all perfect in every way. I have known about WIndwood Equestrian for about 3 years and I use to tell my mom that no matter what, I would get married there. When I got engaged I immediately called to verify a date and got to planning. Any question I had, William and Arden were right there with a response. They made sure that everything about our wedding was perfect. They made sure all the details were taken care of and it was as stress free as possible. The actual wedding day was an absolute BREEZE! There is not 1 complaint I could think up about this place. All of my guest complimented how beautiful it was and they'd never seen anything like it. It has a beautiful southern, sophisticated feel to it complete with being able to pet all the horses in their stalls. It was such a perfect added touch. The reception area was incredible and made for the perfect place to dance the night away!! I would do it all over again 100 times if I had the chance and I suggest Windwood to ALL of my friends!
    Staci Married on 05/29/2015
  • User2017458 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    What an incredible sight! The winding roads that lead to the most beautiful setting for a wedding. It is breath taking and a dream come true for any bride. I worked directly with William, the owner. My circumstance was difficult having to plan a wedding from another state but he was awesome to work with and took care of every detail. Such a great guy! Weddings can be stressful but William goes out of his way to do what ever it takes to make it easy and unforgettable. Friendly and thoughtful goes a long way. He went the extra mile! Thank you William and Megan for meeting all our needs!!
    Alex Married on 10/25/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We fell in love with this venue and I'm so glad we chose it! Now to be honest, we did have some communication issues with Handley but when she quit the venue to pursue her own business 3 weeks before my wedding, William and Arden stepped up to the plate and they were amazing! The other person who was just unbelievable was Megan who took over as our day of coordinator....she is perfect for the wedding industry! She is a real gem!
  • User2187855 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Staff at Windwood did and amazing job working on our wedding. The wedding day was rainy all morning but with the staffs help everything turned out perfect. Not only did they work with my outdoor wedding wishes but they made everything come together seamlessly despite raining all the way up until 3pm. I would recommend Windwood to any of my friends. They place is beautiful and easy to work with!
    Abby B. Married on 11/06/2021
    4.8 out of 5 rating

Enchanting!

I knew the first time we looked at Windwood that it was special. It was only the second venue we viewed but I didn’t need to look any further. All my equestrian dreams as a little girl came to life. Covid completely threw all of our wedding plans off to the point where I didn’t even want to have a reception. Windwood worked with us to make sure our dreams had a chance to come true. Not only is this venue enchanting but William, Arden, and Lynsey make you feel at home and make the process as easy as possible! You won’t be disappointed in this venue!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa C. Married on 07/10/2021
    4.6 out of 5 rating

A Bride's Perspective on Windwood

If you're looking for a venue that has the "rustic/barnlike" feel but desire something a little different than popular barn wedding vibes, Windwood is the perfect place. We settled on this venue because the site offers a wide array of options regarding ceremony site. The reception area is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The stables are immaculate and having the horses there made it extra special for me. The greenery in the summer is gorgeous, and the staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and like family. Our wedding coordinator there met with us prior to the wedding to ensure that our dream day could become a reality. If you're looking for an outdoor wedding venue, I highly recommend Windwood Equestrian farms.

illustration stars