Wind Watch Golf and Country Club Reviews

58 | Hauppauge, NY

58 Reviews for Wind Watch Golf and Country Club

58 Wind Watch Golf and Country Club Reviews

Rachel 路 Getting married on 04/27/2019

We had our wedding here on September 1st and couldn鈥檛 be happier! The venue is beautiful and there are plenty of options for photos along the golf course, as well as right outside the venue. The ceremony spot outside is gorgeous. The menu offers a lot of food choices for cocktail hour and dinner, and the food is really good. Everyone was saying how much food there was during cocktail hour and how delicious it all was. Everyone was also commenting on how beautiful the venue was. Eleanor is great to work with, as well. Everyone was helpful leading up to the day and on the day itself. We also had our post wedding brunch here the day after the wedding which was a great decision, as it was a lot cheaper than having it at the Hyatt hotel next door and a much more beautiful option. We definitely recommend!!

Marie 路 Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful venue

My husband and I just had our wedding here on 11/3/18. Eleanor the wedding coordinator is absolutely amazing. She is on top of everything from the moment you book till even after the wedding!! The food selection and taste are outstanding. We had a roaring 20s theme wedding and she made my visions come to life. The colors/decor of the table settings were exactly what we had wanted and more. Eleanor kept the guest where they were supposed to be prior to the ceremony and absolutely made sure everything went according to plan by 100% . We highly recommend booking this venue for any occasion, best of all is that you get the whole venue to yourself for the day!!!!! No sharing 馃

• User7110262 路 Recently married

I wish it were possible to give this venue and staff more than 5 stars...they are amazing! The venue is beautiful - we were lucky enough to get married outside and it was stunning. Our cocktail hour was inside and outside and the food was delicious. Our reception room was set up exactly how we envisioned it. We originally booked with Kim but after she retired, we were fortunate enough to work with Eleanor. She is wonderful, professional, attentive, responsive and fun to work with! Miguel greeted us as soon as we entered the venue, assisted us with loading our belongings, checked in on us all night and assisted us with pack up the next morning. Since we were busy dancing all night and visiting with our guests, the venue was kind enough to pack up our food and extra dessert. Words could never express how grateful we are to Wind Watch for executing our perfect wedding. I only wish we lived closer to host all our future events with them. But we will definitely be back!

Allison 路 Married on 11/12/2017

By far the best cocktail hour! Kim was so easy to work with, she truly made my wedding the best! The whole staff was great, and paid attention to every detail we spoke about. :)

Mandie 路 Married on 08/05/2017

Kim was wonderful to work with! She took so much time to show my fiance and I the venue and go over every last detail. The venue itself is beautiful and has so many great photo spots!

Amy 路 Married on 07/29/2017

We are so happy we chose Wind Watch Golf and Country Club for our wedding! We've been to so many Long Island weddings and wanted a location that wasn't your typical catering hall and hosted one event at a time. We toured many venues, but when we walked into Wind Watch we knew it was the one. The outdoor ceremony location was beautiful, the views from the floor to ceiling windows in the ballroom were amazing, and the price for a Saturday night wedding was not outrageous. Working with our Event Director, Kim Hint, was such a pleasure. Right from the start she was warm and attentive. She answered all of my questions (there were a lot) in a timely manner, payed attention to every little detail, and kept me calm and happy, which is what a bride needs when planning her wedding. The day of our wedding went so smoothly. Kim, Miguel our Maitre D', and Angela our Bridal Attendant worked so hard to give us the perfect wedding day. All of our decorations were set up the way I envisioned and the room looked more beautiful than I could have imagined. Most importantly we got so many compliments on the food and could not believe how much there was. The cocktail hour rivaled any we've seen at a Long Island wedding venue and people who I know can be critical of catering hall food were raving about it. The wait staff and bar service was wonderful and all of our guests left so happy! We loved everything about our wedding day at Wind Watch and would highly recommend it for your next event!

Samantha 路 Married on 07/15/2017

The staff at Wind Watch is outstanding! They were so accommodating and helpful during the wedding process. Kim was a dream to work with! She was always available whether it was via email or phone calls she was always there to help out and give useful suggestions throughout the planning process based on her years of experience. I could not be happier with the experience I had with this venue! If you want a beautiful place with an amazing thoughtful staff Wind Watch is the place for you!

Joanne 路 Married on 06/30/2017

We were so happy with this venue, the staff and Kim Hint's professionalism and desire to make it all perfect for us!
    It was a beautiful day spent with those we love the most. Our guests are still talking about the wedding and especially the food. The presentation during the cocktail was just perfect! We are so glad we found this gem of a venue. The ceremony site was simply gorgeous and breathtaking! Thank you all so much!

Catherine 路 Married on 06/03/2017

Kim and her team at the Wind Watch were absolutely AMAZING. I don鈥檛 even know where to begin. My wedding was a little over a month ago and people are still coming up to us in awe of how fantastic the day was. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself; from the outdoor ceremony area, to the golf course pictures, to the room with windows overlooking the North Shore, the location gives the perfect romantic backdrop! Leading up to the wedding, Kim was incredibly organized and thorough 鈥 I am a type A person, but I wasn鈥檛 even the tiniest bit concerned leaving the details up to Kim because I鈥檓 pretty sure she could put together a wedding with her eyes shut! We even dropped off our candy bar items the week before the wedding and we forgot to write the labels, but Kim and Katelyn labeled and arranged everything perfectly. Now, the day of the wedding, little things will go wrong, but the Wind Watch will NOT be one of those things. My husband kept saying that our bridal attendant Katelyn deserved a medal for chasing me around holding my dress while we took pictures (I wanted to finish pictures in time for cocktail hour food)!! And FOOD, omg, so good. My husband and I tried food at a lot of different venues, and we like GOOD food鈥 you will not be disappointed. Our guests literally could not believe that there was a full dinner after the endless cocktail hour!! As the bride and groom, we were honestly too busy to enjoy our food at the wedding, but the staff put together five giant boxes of cocktail, dinner, and dessert foods that we could take at the end of the night! After dancing and talking all night, it was super fun to actually get to taste our food once we left. I also used the recommended vendors, and I HIGHLY recommend each of them (Lana Rowe photography, Crowd Control Entertainment, Flowers by Burton). We will remember our wedding as nothing short of perfect, and it is because of the overwhelmingly kind, organized, and experienced staff at the W.W. TY!!!!! <3 <3

Kim 路 Married on 05/06/2017

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at the Wind Watch and it was wonderful! The Wind Watch was the perfect venue and had everything we were looking for: great menu selection, gorgeous scenery, outdoor space for ceremony, nearby lodging, etc. Since many of our guests were from out of town, it was very convenient to have a large hotel just a short walk across the parking lot. The event manager was such a pleasure to work with, and was always prompt in answering questions I had in the year proceeding the wedding. On the day of the wedding, the service provided was top notch. Here it is two months later, and our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was (cocktail hour, dinner, and desserts!). The bridal attendant and ma卯tre d' were excellent and ensured all our needs were met. The locations surrounding the Wind Watch are absolutely beautiful and provided us with wonderful backgrounds for our photographs. The gorgeous scenery had a lot of variety ranging from a gazebo, trees, ponds, waterfalls, vistas, and golf course scenes. We are so thankful to the Wind Watch team for all their professionalism and highly recommend them.

• User5463538 路 2+ years ago

We just had our wedding last Saturday and we are SO happy we found this hidden gem. Upon visiting the venue, we were blown away by the rolling greens and the beautiful backdrop of the North Shore. It was not until we met Kim Hint, the event planner and day of coordinator, that cemented our decision to go with Wind Watch. I am not going to lie, I have the highest expectations and have a bad case of bridezilla, but Kim was both so easy to work with and very on top of her game. She was organized, calm, detail-ed oriented, and able to multi-task. A lot of brides fail to factor in the importance of a great day of coordinator in their planning, but this may be one of the most important factors for the decision making process, because you have to trust that that person will keep the day organized, smooth, and stress-free for YOU.

I've lived in some of the food capitals of the world and was extremely nervous about country club food. I am not going to lie, I was still nervous after the food tasting at Wind Watch, but during the wedding day, Kim kicked it up a notch and showered my guests with a fresh and sophisticated o'dourves and dinner courses.

Lastly, I was blown away by their pricing. For a Saturday night in Long Island, they were priced below average, but had executed an above average wedding party.

Wind Watch was my the best decision I made through this whole wedding planning process.

Kimberly 路 Married on 08/06/2016

Kim at Wind Watch was a pleasure to work with while planning our wedding. We knew we wanted a smaller venue that wouldn't have multiple weddings at once and Wind Watch fit the bill perfectly. We couldn't be happier with all of the staff we worked with (especially Miguel and Sydney!) on the actual day of our wedding and our guests raved about the attention to detail, food, venue and views. We are so glad we chose to have our reception here!

Val 路 Married on 07/09/2016

Our wedding at the Wind Watch was perfect. Kim was super responsive all through the planning process. The day of the bridal attendant Sydney was so sweet and helpful and the maitre D was also amazing. I barely ate any of the food, but all guests said it tasted it really good. I hope one of my friends gets married at the Wind Watch so I can actually enjoy alllll of the food because there was sooo much of it. :) I would recommend the Wind Watch as a wedding venue to anyone who is looking for a classy and beautiful wedding.

Shayna 路 Married on 06/26/2016

Kim and her team are a pleasure to work with. Everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable. They coordinated with the vendors and everything went so smoothly! Our wedding was absolutely spectacular! The ceremony area is amazing and the venue is well maintained. Everyone loved the food and the setting! Go see it for yourself!

Tina 路 Married on 05/14/2016

The most important feedback I think any couple needs to know is that everything went off without a hitch leading up to and on our wedding day. We fell in love with the venue when we walked in, and meeting Kim locked it down in our minds. We'd visited 9 other venues in the Long Island and New Jersey area before we found Wind Watch, and it was clear right away that this was the one! Not only is the whole golf course property beautiful and well-manicured, the interior spaces are well-designed, well-appointed, and filled with natural light. The service and food were impeccable. We considered the whole experience an excellent value.

Diana 路 Married on 02/27/2016

What a hidden gem!! I am so happy I was told about The Wind Watch because I am not sure if I would have found it in my searches. (The website does not do this place justice, you must go visit!) The second we walked in I was thinking to myself I hope he love it I hope he loves it and he did! We booked it the same day and we were thrilled we did. The place is beautiful and our wedding was in February so I think any time if year would be fantastic at The Wind Watch.

Planning was so easy with Kim she was so helpful and caring. She responded very quickly to any questions and I enjoyed working with her very much.

The place was perfect for us. We had 120 guests and we loved the idea of having the place to ourselves (one event at a time). However we saw the room set for 50 and for over 150 and it looked great at all sizes. The way the room is set up everyone has a good seat, there is a lobby for guests to sit if they want to get away from the music for a bit, and the restrooms were close to run back and forth quickly so you don't miss a beat! There is also a bridal suite with a private bathroom which for some reason was important to me to have my own bathroom!

But most importantly THE FOOD. People are still telling me how much they loved the food. I've heard the cocktail hour was the best they've had and the filet mignon was amazing (it was I had it).

The Hyatt regency is also within walking distance, like a 3 minute walk. This was perfect, we reserved a block of rooms and many of our guests stayed here. We also met for breakfast in the morning which was a nice relaxing way to end the celebration. We had a couple hours between our church ceremony and reception so guests were able to go to their rooms and relax for a bit.

Our guests loved The Wind Watch and everything about and so did we, it absolutely made our wedding the picture perfect day I dreamed it would be!

KayCee 路 Married on 12/11/2015

My husband and I got married this month and it was exactly what I dreamed of plus more. With all of the stress of wedding planning, Kim made it that the venue was the least of my worries. Every detail was handled and she was so great to work with. Her patience, thoroughness and positive energy was so needed and so appreciated. My guests are still raving about the food and how gorgeous the place was!

• User5519886 路 2+ years ago

When selecting a venue for my daughter, we toured MANY a wedding site. The Wind Watch was the PERFECT choice, and now, having completed the wedding, we are sure of it. Kim and her staff are outstanding. Not only was each member of her staff professional, courteous, and attentive, they instinctively knew how to meet the needs of our guests, ranging from 11 mos. to 94!
    Each detail was handled with care, artistry, and expertise, and Kim is not only delightful, but a leader as well. We used many of their recommended vendors, and Kim's flawless taste resulted in difficulty choosing, but the florist and bakery were magnificent. I will review them later. We selected out our own band, and Kim worked with our outside vendor as though it was part of her usual cast, with finesse and professionalism. The vista, the service, the venue, the smooth transitions from ceremony to cocktails to party were as orchestrated as a symphony. I highly recommend the Wind Watch, particularly because of Kim and her staff. We had unbelievable weather... and a piece of me just wants to thank Kim for arranging that as well. Best Wishes to anyone searching for a wedding location. May your lives together be as filled with love as my daughters, and may all of your wedding dreams come true. They will at the Wind Watch. Magnificent~

Kristen 路 Married on 09/26/2015

Kim at Wind Watch has been amazing to work with thus far; we can't wait for our upcoming wedding!

Jami 路 Married on 09/18/2015

I can not say enough positive things about the Wind Watch Hamlet Golf and Country Club. I booked my wedding there one month before I relocated out of state. Planning a wedding from ten hours away could have been a nightmare but not with Kim and her staff at the Wind Watch. They were extremely helpful, understanding and supportive. The entire staff showed the utmost professionalism and courtesy at every encounter. On the day of the wedding, the staff worked extremely hard to ensure that our day was perfect. Our bridal attendant, Nicole, and our maitre'd, Miguel, were absolutely amazing!!! They took care of us and our guests as if we were their own families. I could not have asked to have a more perfect experience there.

Tina 路 Married on 09/12/2015

If I could give Wind Watch 10 stars in every category I would!! I recently got married there, 9.12.2015 and our guests are still complimenting us on what a great wedding it was! The food, the drinks, the service, all outstanding. Everyone that works at WW is incredibly professional; our maitre'd and bridal attendant were great. Kim, the Private Event Director is AMAZING!! She is the reason why the Wind Watch throws a great wedding (or any event!). From day 1 and every day thereafter she treated us like we were family and advised us on a personal level. Other venus we visited made us feel like we were just another sale, not here! Kim and the entire team at Wind Watch made our wedding day run seamlessly, even with rain moving the ceremony indoors! The day truly was a dream come true! I highly recommend using the Wind Watch for any party!

Kara 路 Married on 06/27/2015

I have absolutely nothing but wonderful things to say about Wind Watch and their amazing staff. Kim Hint was amazing from day one she made herself available for questions at anytime, and answered all my questions promptly. Her staff the day of were extremely attentive to detail and extremely friendly. The food was excellent my guests are still raving about it!!

Mary 路 Married on 06/05/2015

THE WIND WATCH IS ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING. KIM AND HER STAFF ARE THE PEOPLE YOU WANT TO HAVE WITH YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY FOR YOUR WEDDING. KIM IS AMAZING. WE LOVED THE PLACE AND KIM MADE US FEEL CONFORTABLE ALL ALONG THE WAY. WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS HOW THANKFUL WE ARE THAT WE PICKED THEM. LOVED THEM!!!!!!

• User5196595 路 2+ years ago

Our Wedding was amazing!!! Kim made everything so easy. From the moment I stepped into the Venue I knew I wanted it. It was breathtaking. I wanted my wedding to be classy and elegant. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. I can't say enough about KIM and her staff. They were wonderful and very attentive. I got married there. The setting with the blooming June red roses started off the afternoon and evening setting the stage for a beautiful wedding ceremony. I recommend early June!!! The awesome reception followed. Words can't express how happy we are with Our wedding. We have wonderful priceless memories. Thank you Kim and Staff !!!"