Wilmington String Ensemble Reviews

33 | Newark, DE

33 Reviews for Wilmington String Ensemble

The WSE were wonderful to work with! I was in contact with Karen up until the day of. She helped make suggestions and took my own personal requests of music selections and timing of music into consideration. I would highly recommend them for an outdoor wedding...they helped add that extra piece of 'class' we were looking for! They sounded wonderful (I've definitely been to weddings where live music didn't) and I can't say enough about them!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Alice · Married on 05/27/2012

The Wilmington String Ensemble provided the prelude and ceremony music at our wedding. They made sure to ask our music selections for each portion of the ceremony and made sure to coordinate with the reception site so that everything went smoothly. I received many compliments on the performance of the trio that played at our ceremony. They are reasonably priced and helped make my ceremony a memorable one!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Sandy · Married on 05/12/2012

The Wilmington String Ensemble were perfect. They are very professional, and extremely helpful with suggestions. The communication was great. They arranged to practice with our friend who was performing a solo, and it was outstanding. In every way, they were just right.

Sent on 05/15/2012

ann · Married on 10/01/2011

Karen Ahramjian and her ensemble elevated our mass from a traditional Catholic mass to the most beautiful ceremony. We had numerous compliments from our guests who remarked that the music was a wonderful addition to an already joyous occasion. The Ensemble is comprised of a group of very talented and professional individuals--we highly recommend!

Sent on 12/07/2011

Stephanie · Married on 08/27/2011

We chose the Wilmington String Ensemble to play our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour music and I don't think we could have made a better choice! Karen was so helpful from the beginning. She provided a list of musicians which you are free to create your own ensemble from! String quartet? String Duo with a Vocalist? A Harpist? Guitarist or Pianist? Trumpets, even! So, many options to choose from, not to mention at the best prices that we found on the internet. We were sold, the only problem was that our wedding was out in Ambler, PA and we weren't sure if it would be too far or we'd be charged extra for that distance. Karen assured me that the distance was fine and we ended up going for a string trio. She then provided me with lists of plenty of suggestions for prelude music, processional and recessional songs. So awesome! I was able to look up the suggested music online and decide what I preferred. On top of everything, my wedding ended up being the night a hurricane hit the area but Karen contacted me to confirm and sure enough, the string trio made it and my ceremony was wonderful! Thank you to Karen and the rest of the Wilmington String Ensemble musicians!!

Sent on 09/14/2011
  • Elisabeth

Elisabeth Westergren · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely beautiful

Our string trio was the best compliment to our outdoor ceremony. The music was beautiful and timed perfectly for our ceremony!
    We highly recommend Wilmington String Ensemble !

Sent on 07/02/2019

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we really appreciate it. I was a pleasure working with you. Our best wishes to you
    Kathleen

Morgan · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful music for our wedding

Wilmington Strings did an excellent job at our wedding. They played for both the ceremony & the cocktail hour and they were a nice touch. They did have a bit of trouble during the ceremony transitioning from once piece of music to the other, but it was a very minor issue that didn't really take away from the experience. Would still highly recommend - wonderful music, easy to work with, and affordable!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Lyssa · Married on 05/28/2016

Thank you for helping to coordinate and plan the string duo performance at my wedding event on 5-28-16. Lisa and Sue were able to find ample shade close to the ceremony site to play the processional and recessional pieces that I had selected. "Concerning Hobbits" sounded even better than I could have hoped for-- the music sounded rich and heartfelt, and I will never forget hearing it that way as my father walked me down the isle. I did hear a couple of guests say that the music was a bit hard to hear, but there was a slight breeze so I imagine the sound was carried a bit that way. If I could do it again, I would reconsider my original choice to not use an amp to project the sound of their instruments. This is in no way a complaint about the quality of the music that Lisa and Sue provided, rather just some honest feedback so you can pass it along to other brides who are asking questions similar to my own. I had approximately 75 guests in total the day of the wedding.

Sent on 06/11/2016