Wilmington String Ensemble Reviews

26 | Newark, DE

26 Reviews for Wilmington String Ensemble

Barry A Criscuolo · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Wilmington Strings

Working with the Wilmington Strings was tremendous. From finding the Stars Wars Throne procession for the violinist to play. To the guitarist writing his one version of "At Last" for our wedding dance. We would definitely recommend them for your wedding or event.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure playing for your wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony.
  • Mary

Mary Sophia Schlauch · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful musicians, great experience

Wilmington Strings was amazing to work with from start to finish. They provided the most beautiful music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and throughout dinner. We opted for a trio, but I am confident any configuration would be great. We handpicked our songs, and they played beautiful arrangements of everything from Bach, to Beauty and the Beast, to the Beach Boys. I can't recommend them more! Totally professional, accommodating, and talented.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Katie · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful music!

Wilmington Strings provided beautiful music to complement my daughter's ceremony and venue for her wedding. Their song selection was wonderful and my guests enjoyed it immensely.
    I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate it. It was a pleasure working with you and getting to play for Katie's wedding.

Norine Kapalka · Married on 01/06/2019

Best Quartet Around

Kathleen is wonderful to work with. My daughter, a violinist, looked at a few quartets; watched or listened to their music. Wilmington String Ensemble was the only quartet that met her expectations. They are the best!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Elyse

Elyse Simpkins · Married on 12/12/2018

Absolutely Wonderful String Ensemble

Such a professional group. Their wonderful music just fills the air to add to the ambiance of our occasion.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure playing for you and working with you. Kathleen
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful music!

We were very happy with Wilmington String Ensemble! They were very easy to work with and played beautifully for our wedding.. we got so many compliments from guests about how wonderful the ceremony music was. We would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Dear Bridget,
    Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure working with you and getting to play at your ceremony.
    Best, Kathleen

Samantha · Married on 09/22/2018

Their music was perfect for our wedding

Wilmington Strings played at our 9/22/18 wedding on lake Nockamixon in Perkasie, PA. The music they played couldn’t have been more perfect. One of the women playing used to be mine and my sisters violin teacher - which made it extra special. It was smooth interactions most via email and their site is super accessible and easy to navigate. They added an air of excellence to our cocktail our as they contnuted to serenade our guests. They were a huge part of our wedding and we were so thrilled the could be a part of it 💕

Sent on 01/11/2019

Dear Samantha,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It was great working with you and getting to be part of your wedding. Thank you for your review and hiring the Wilmington String Ensemble. Kathleen

Natalie · Married on 07/28/2018

Wilmington strings played at our Hotel du Pont wedding this past July, and they were an INCREDIBLE addition to our ceremony. Kathleen was friendly, responsive, and accommodating when we were choosing our ceremony music from the extensive selection list. The string trio that performed at our wedding was professional and talented, and they really added the perfect romantic and fun ambiance to our ceremony. Thank you, Wilmington Strings!!!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Hi Natalie, Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate it. It was great working with you. Kathleen

Lisa · Married on 07/20/2018

The music was excellent and made our daughter ‘s ceremony all the more special because of it. They were prompt, professional and reliable in all of our communications and in the follow through on providing us with an excellent ensemble of musicians for our daughter’s wedding service.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. It is very helpful to future clients. It was a pleasure working with you and playing for your daughter's wedding.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2018

We hired a string quartet from the Wilmington String Ensemble to play at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and we were blown away. The quartet sounded amazing and really added a touch of class, uniqueness, and intimacy to our wedding for what I considered to be an excellent value. We loved getting to pick the different pieces the musicians would play at our ceremony, and they were gracious and accommodating at working with us on the special timing for the bride's entrance down the aisle. We highly recommend Wilmington Strings.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for such a beautiful review Elizabeth. It is so helpful.

Denise · Married on 05/05/2018

Wilmington Strings was a complete pleasure to work with. I booked them in 2013 for my sons wedding and when it came time for the next wedding Wilmington Strings was my only call. Kathleen was amazing to work with. Their professionalism is second to none. The quartet sounded amazing outdoors and in the church. If you’re looking to add that something extra special to your event, Wilmington Strings should be your first call. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Dear Denise,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure playing and working for you. Thank you for your review, it will be very helpful for future clients.
    Sincerely yours,

Cyrus · Married on 03/10/2018

I couldn't have asked for anything more from Wilmington String Ensemble. They were incredibly accommodating learning a musical piece I wrote specifically for my proposal. Their kindness and professionalism helped to make everything run smoothly and made the moment all the more special. Thanks!!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2017

Used them for my outdoor wedding! They did a great job playing what we requested and everyone loved them!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!!! I really appreciate it.

Krystina · Married on 11/05/2016

I had dreamed of having Kathleen play at my wedding for YEARS, and felt so incredibly honored to be able to have her there on my special day!! She is so elegant and when she plays the violin, the music almost swirls around you, as it has a very majestic feel. She is so accommodating, professional, caring, and skillful, she can flow seamlessly through any transition. I would highly recommend Kathleen for your wedding or event; I promise, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/03/2016

We had a trio from Wilmington String Ensemble perform our wedding ceremony music. It really helped make our ceremony magical. They also played a prelude and postlude for our family to enjoy before and after the ceremony. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us on our big day!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Hong · Married on 01/16/2015

I am so happy that we hired Wilmington String Ensemble for my ceremony music. They make my ceremony perfect. Karen was friendly and easy to work with, and I loved every note they played.

Sent on 01/24/2015
  • O

olga · Married on 07/26/2014

I hired the Wilmington String Ensemble for my ceremony music. I requested a string trio and got a vocalist from my Church. Katie is amazing! She responds to your questions promptly and even provides feedback on anything you will play during that time. She is a sweetheart! I got a lot of compliments from the music selection and about how well they played!! One of my guests told me that she had them played during her ceremony many years ago and always recommends them to people. I couldn't agree more! They'll play amazingly! They are professional! and will make that day be perfect!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Rebekah · Married on 06/21/2014

I was beyond happy, I was THRILLED with the duo of harp and violin!!! It was beautiful, tranquil and magical to have them playing on our wedding day. Our guests told us it had transformed them to a whole new place to walk in hearing the beautiful music. I could not have asked for a better day, and walking in to Clair de Lune was my dream, which was made come true with these talented musicians. I even made sure to include them on our wedding program, so all our guests knew who Wilmington String Ensemble was!!! Can't help having high praise for such great performances!

Sent on 06/28/2014

The WSE were wonderful to work with! I was in contact with Karen up until the day of. She helped make suggestions and took my own personal requests of music selections and timing of music into consideration. I would highly recommend them for an outdoor wedding...they helped add that extra piece of 'class' we were looking for! They sounded wonderful (I've definitely been to weddings where live music didn't) and I can't say enough about them!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Alice · Married on 05/27/2012

The Wilmington String Ensemble provided the prelude and ceremony music at our wedding. They made sure to ask our music selections for each portion of the ceremony and made sure to coordinate with the reception site so that everything went smoothly. I received many compliments on the performance of the trio that played at our ceremony. They are reasonably priced and helped make my ceremony a memorable one!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Sandy · Married on 05/12/2012

The Wilmington String Ensemble were perfect. They are very professional, and extremely helpful with suggestions. The communication was great. They arranged to practice with our friend who was performing a solo, and it was outstanding. In every way, they were just right.

Sent on 05/15/2012

ann · Married on 10/01/2011

Karen Ahramjian and her ensemble elevated our mass from a traditional Catholic mass to the most beautiful ceremony. We had numerous compliments from our guests who remarked that the music was a wonderful addition to an already joyous occasion. The Ensemble is comprised of a group of very talented and professional individuals--we highly recommend!

Sent on 12/07/2011

Stephanie · Married on 08/27/2011

We chose the Wilmington String Ensemble to play our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour music and I don't think we could have made a better choice! Karen was so helpful from the beginning. She provided a list of musicians which you are free to create your own ensemble from! String quartet? String Duo with a Vocalist? A Harpist? Guitarist or Pianist? Trumpets, even! So, many options to choose from, not to mention at the best prices that we found on the internet. We were sold, the only problem was that our wedding was out in Ambler, PA and we weren't sure if it would be too far or we'd be charged extra for that distance. Karen assured me that the distance was fine and we ended up going for a string trio. She then provided me with lists of plenty of suggestions for prelude music, processional and recessional songs. So awesome! I was able to look up the suggested music online and decide what I preferred. On top of everything, my wedding ended up being the night a hurricane hit the area but Karen contacted me to confirm and sure enough, the string trio made it and my ceremony was wonderful! Thank you to Karen and the rest of the Wilmington String Ensemble musicians!!

Sent on 09/14/2011

Morgan · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful music for our wedding

Wilmington Strings did an excellent job at our wedding. They played for both the ceremony & the cocktail hour and they were a nice touch. They did have a bit of trouble during the ceremony transitioning from once piece of music to the other, but it was a very minor issue that didn't really take away from the experience. Would still highly recommend - wonderful music, easy to work with, and affordable!

Sent on 10/22/2018