Wilmington String Ensemble Reviews

36 | Newark, DE

36 Reviews for Wilmington String Ensemble

Lisa LaMarche · Getting married on 05/09/2021

Absolutely beautiful music for our wedding!

Thank you so much for your lovely music during our wedding. Your music added so much elegance and warmth to our ceremony. So many of our guests commented that the violin and cello were a perfect combination and that the music was delightful.

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Karlene

Karlene Hastings · Getting married on 05/01/2021

Absolutely wonderful

Wilmington string ensemble played the ceremony music for my wedding November 6th. They played the most beautiful music exactly how I wanted. Kathleen even wrote my music out that did not originally have a string Part written. They went above and beyond to make my ceremony special. All of the musicians were amazing. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/22/2020

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you Karlene. Your wedding was beautiful. It was wonderful working with you and Joey!
    Best, Kathleen

Jean Snyder · Married on 10/24/2020

Beautiful music

Wonderful addition to my daughter's wedding ceremony! We received many compliments on how beautiful the music was.

Sent on 11/02/2020

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you Jean for your review. We really appreciate it. It was wonderful working with you and your daughter. The ceremony was beautiful.
    Best wishes,

Anabelle · Married on 10/04/2020

They are the best!

Wilmington Strings Ensemble was absolutely incredible!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Hi Anabelle,
    Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure working with you and playing for your wedding. Best wishes, Kathleen
  • Jackie

Jackie Fistori · Married on 03/14/2020

Beautiful Ceremony Music!

We had a string quartet from Wilmington Strings Ensemble perform during our ceremony and it was the perfect choice! We chose several pieces from their large catalog and they were able to accommodate our requests for a couple of songs not already on their list at no extra charge. Kathleen was wonderful to work with and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/01/2020

Nicole Thornton · Married on 11/16/2019

A fantastic choice!

We hired Wilmington Strings (trio) for our ceremony and cocktail hour and we could not have been more pleased! Our venue was the Christiana Hilton and they have done many weddings there, so they were very familiar with the set-up and expectations. Kathleen was exceptional to deal with: pleasant, responsive and very willing to answer any question I had. I highly recommend Wilmington Strings! Our guests were very complimentary of them!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Dear Nicole:
    It was a pleasure working with you. Your wedding was beautiful. Thank you for your wonderful review.
    Best wishes,

Barry A Criscuolo · Married on 11/05/2019

Wilmington Strings

Working with the Wilmington Strings was tremendous. From finding the Stars Wars Throne procession for the violinist to play. To the guitarist writing his one version of "At Last" for our wedding dance. We would definitely recommend them for your wedding or event.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure playing for your wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony.
  • B Bailey

B Bailey · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful Music!

The Wilmington String Ensemble's beautiful music added elegance to the wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. And, they were very easy to work with!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review, we really appreciate it. It was a beautiful wedding, we enjoyed playing for you.
  • Kyra

Kyra Lechmanik · Married on 08/17/2019

Beautiful music & excellent experience

A huge thank you to Kathleen and Wilmington Strings Quartet! Her string quartet performed at my wedding in August at Pomme, not only was the music absolutely beautiful, but Kathleen herself was phenomenal to work with from start to finish. Everyone arrived early to setup for the wedding, which was also appreciated.
    Walking down the aisle and hearing such lovely music made it all the more special.
    Leading up the wedding, Kathleen paid attention to every detail and was very helpful with questions I had around my song selections. She even noticed a song I had forgotten to add on my final selection sheet! For our music selection, I had selected more contemporary music for pre ceremony, and classical for the ceremony itself. Guests came up to me during the night to tell me how moving the music was! I would highly recommend Wilmington Strings for anyone that is looking for a beautiful and seamless experience.

Sent on 09/28/2019

Dear Kyra:
    Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you and playing for your wedding. Our best wishes to you for wonderful years to come!
  • Mary

Mary Sophia Schlauch · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful musicians, great experience

Wilmington Strings was amazing to work with from start to finish. They provided the most beautiful music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and throughout dinner. We opted for a trio, but I am confident any configuration would be great. We handpicked our songs, and they played beautiful arrangements of everything from Bach, to Beauty and the Beast, to the Beach Boys. I can't recommend them more! Totally professional, accommodating, and talented.

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/26/2019

Beautiful music experience

Kathleen was wonderful from beginning to end! She was supper professional and even was kind enough to let me add things in last minute. And not to mention on the day of the wedding the violinist and cello musicians sounded delightful.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much Heather. I really appreciate this. You were wonderful to work with. Our best wishes to you and your husband.

Katie · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful music!

Wilmington Strings provided beautiful music to complement my daughter's ceremony and venue for her wedding. Their song selection was wonderful and my guests enjoyed it immensely.
    I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate it. It was a pleasure working with you and getting to play for Katie's wedding.

Norine Kapalka · Married on 01/06/2019

Best Quartet Around

Kathleen is wonderful to work with. My daughter, a violinist, looked at a few quartets; watched or listened to their music. Wilmington String Ensemble was the only quartet that met her expectations. They are the best!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Elyse

Elyse Simpkins · Married on 12/12/2018

Absolutely Wonderful String Ensemble

Such a professional group. Their wonderful music just fills the air to add to the ambiance of our occasion.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure playing for you and working with you. Kathleen
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful music!

We were very happy with Wilmington String Ensemble! They were very easy to work with and played beautifully for our wedding.. we got so many compliments from guests about how wonderful the ceremony music was. We would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 01/19/2019

Dear Bridget,
    Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure working with you and getting to play at your ceremony.
    Best, Kathleen

Samantha · Married on 09/22/2018

Their music was perfect for our wedding

Wilmington Strings played at our 9/22/18 wedding on lake Nockamixon in Perkasie, PA. The music they played couldn’t have been more perfect. One of the women playing used to be mine and my sisters violin teacher - which made it extra special. It was smooth interactions most via email and their site is super accessible and easy to navigate. They added an air of excellence to our cocktail our as they contnuted to serenade our guests. They were a huge part of our wedding and we were so thrilled the could be a part of it 💕

Sent on 01/11/2019

Dear Samantha,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It was great working with you and getting to be part of your wedding. Thank you for your review and hiring the Wilmington String Ensemble. Kathleen

Hannah Simeone · Married on 09/15/2018

Hire for your Wedding!

I cannot fully express how happy I am that Wilmington String Ensemble (string quartet) played at my wedding. One of my #1 desires was to have strings during our ceremony. The ceremony was a catholic mass and Kathleen was wonderful to work with. She provided a song list for different parts of the mass, gave me plenty of options, and provided recommendations when asked. She was very responsive by email. On the day of the wedding, I was blown away. The string quartet was beautiful. Walking down the aisle was even more memorable because of the beautiful sounds of the strings. I received so many compliments on the music. I cannot write enough good things! They have a wonderful and extensive repertoire. You could also have some of their players present for cocktail hour (if you so choose). Thank you to Wilmington String Ensemble for contributing to my wedding! Everyone (especially me) LOVED the music! Beautiful!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much for all your kind words. I really appreciate it. Reviews help so much. Kathleen

Natalie · Married on 07/28/2018

Wilmington strings played at our Hotel du Pont wedding this past July, and they were an INCREDIBLE addition to our ceremony. Kathleen was friendly, responsive, and accommodating when we were choosing our ceremony music from the extensive selection list. The string trio that performed at our wedding was professional and talented, and they really added the perfect romantic and fun ambiance to our ceremony. Thank you, Wilmington Strings!!!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Hi Natalie, Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate it. It was great working with you. Kathleen

Lisa · Married on 07/20/2018

The music was excellent and made our daughter ‘s ceremony all the more special because of it. They were prompt, professional and reliable in all of our communications and in the follow through on providing us with an excellent ensemble of musicians for our daughter’s wedding service.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. It is very helpful to future clients. It was a pleasure working with you and playing for your daughter's wedding.

Elizabeth · Married on 06/30/2018

We hired a string quartet from the Wilmington String Ensemble to play at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and we were blown away. The quartet sounded amazing and really added a touch of class, uniqueness, and intimacy to our wedding for what I considered to be an excellent value. We loved getting to pick the different pieces the musicians would play at our ceremony, and they were gracious and accommodating at working with us on the special timing for the bride's entrance down the aisle. We highly recommend Wilmington Strings.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for such a beautiful review Elizabeth. It is so helpful.

Denise · Married on 05/05/2018

Wilmington Strings was a complete pleasure to work with. I booked them in 2013 for my sons wedding and when it came time for the next wedding Wilmington Strings was my only call. Kathleen was amazing to work with. Their professionalism is second to none. The quartet sounded amazing outdoors and in the church. If you’re looking to add that something extra special to your event, Wilmington Strings should be your first call. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Dear Denise,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure playing and working for you. Thank you for your review, it will be very helpful for future clients.
    Sincerely yours,

Cyrus · Married on 03/10/2018

I couldn't have asked for anything more from Wilmington String Ensemble. They were incredibly accommodating learning a musical piece I wrote specifically for my proposal. Their kindness and professionalism helped to make everything run smoothly and made the moment all the more special. Thanks!!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2017

Used them for my outdoor wedding! They did a great job playing what we requested and everyone loved them!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!!! I really appreciate it.

Krystina · Married on 11/05/2016

I had dreamed of having Kathleen play at my wedding for YEARS, and felt so incredibly honored to be able to have her there on my special day!! She is so elegant and when she plays the violin, the music almost swirls around you, as it has a very majestic feel. She is so accommodating, professional, caring, and skillful, she can flow seamlessly through any transition. I would highly recommend Kathleen for your wedding or event; I promise, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/03/2016

We had a trio from Wilmington String Ensemble perform our wedding ceremony music. It really helped make our ceremony magical. They also played a prelude and postlude for our family to enjoy before and after the ceremony. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us on our big day!

Sent on 07/29/2016