Wilmington String Ensemble Reviews

18 | Newark, DE

18 Reviews for Wilmington String Ensemble

18 Wilmington String Ensemble Reviews

Natalie · Married on 07/28/2018

Wilmington strings played at our Hotel du Pont wedding this past July, and they were an INCREDIBLE addition to our ceremony. Kathleen was friendly, responsive, and accommodating when we were choosing our ceremony music from the extensive selection list. The string trio that performed at our wedding was professional and talented, and they really added the perfect romantic and fun ambiance to our ceremony. Thank you, Wilmington Strings!!!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Hi Natalie, Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate it. It was great working with you. Kathleen

Lisa · Married on 07/20/2018

The music was excellent and made our daughter ‘s ceremony all the more special because of it. They were prompt, professional and reliable in all of our communications and in the follow through on providing us with an excellent ensemble of musicians for our daughter’s wedding service.

Sent on 08/08/2018

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. It is very helpful to future clients. It was a pleasure working with you and playing for your daughter's wedding. Kathleen

Denise · Married on 05/05/2018

Wilmington Strings was a complete pleasure to work with. I booked them in 2013 for my sons wedding and when it came time for the next wedding Wilmington Strings was my only call. Kathleen was amazing to work with. Their professionalism is second to none. The quartet sounded amazing outdoors and in the church. If you’re looking to add that something extra special to your event, Wilmington Strings should be your first call. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Dear Denise, Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure playing and working for you. Thank you for your review, it will be very helpful for future clients. Sincerely yours, Kathleen

Cyrus · Married on 03/10/2018

I couldn't have asked for anything more from Wilmington String Ensemble. They were incredibly accommodating learning a musical piece I wrote specifically for my proposal. Their kindness and professionalism helped to make everything run smoothly and made the moment all the more special. Thanks!!

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2017

Used them for my outdoor wedding! They did a great job playing what we requested and everyone loved them!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Wilmington String Ensemble's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!!! I really appreciate it.

Krystina · Married on 11/05/2016

I had dreamed of having Kathleen play at my wedding for YEARS, and felt so incredibly honored to be able to have her there on my special day!! She is so elegant and when she plays the violin, the music almost swirls around you, as it has a very majestic feel. She is so accommodating, professional, caring, and skillful, she can flow seamlessly through any transition. I would highly recommend Kathleen for your wedding or event; I promise, you will not be disappointed!

Sarah · Married on 07/03/2016

We had a trio from Wilmington String Ensemble perform our wedding ceremony music. It really helped make our ceremony magical. They also played a prelude and postlude for our family to enjoy before and after the ceremony. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us on our big day!

Hong · Married on 01/16/2015

I am so happy that we hired Wilmington String Ensemble for my ceremony music. They make my ceremony perfect. Karen was friendly and easy to work with, and I loved every note they played.

• O

olga · Married on 07/26/2014

I hired the Wilmington String Ensemble for my ceremony music. I requested a string trio and got a vocalist from my Church. Katie is amazing! She responds to your questions promptly and even provides feedback on anything you will play during that time. She is a sweetheart! I got a lot of compliments from the music selection and about how well they played!! One of my guests told me that she had them played during her ceremony many years ago and always recommends them to people. I couldn't agree more! They'll play amazingly! They are professional! and will make that day be perfect!

Rebekah · Married on 06/21/2014

I was beyond happy, I was THRILLED with the duo of harp and violin!!! It was beautiful, tranquil and magical to have them playing on our wedding day. Our guests told us it had transformed them to a whole new place to walk in hearing the beautiful music. I could not have asked for a better day, and walking in to Clair de Lune was my dream, which was made come true with these talented musicians. I even made sure to include them on our wedding program, so all our guests knew who Wilmington String Ensemble was!!! Can't help having high praise for such great performances!

The WSE were wonderful to work with! I was in contact with Karen up until the day of. She helped make suggestions and took my own personal requests of music selections and timing of music into consideration. I would highly recommend them for an outdoor wedding...they helped add that extra piece of 'class' we were looking for! They sounded wonderful (I've definitely been to weddings where live music didn't) and I can't say enough about them!

Alice · Married on 05/27/2012

The Wilmington String Ensemble provided the prelude and ceremony music at our wedding. They made sure to ask our music selections for each portion of the ceremony and made sure to coordinate with the reception site so that everything went smoothly. I received many compliments on the performance of the trio that played at our ceremony. They are reasonably priced and helped make my ceremony a memorable one!

Sandy · Married on 05/12/2012

The Wilmington String Ensemble were perfect. They are very professional, and extremely helpful with suggestions. The communication was great. They arranged to practice with our friend who was performing a solo, and it was outstanding. In every way, they were just right.

ann · Married on 10/01/2011

Karen Ahramjian and her ensemble elevated our mass from a traditional Catholic mass to the most beautiful ceremony. We had numerous compliments from our guests who remarked that the music was a wonderful addition to an already joyous occasion. The Ensemble is comprised of a group of very talented and professional individuals--we highly recommend!

Stephanie · Married on 08/27/2011

We chose the Wilmington String Ensemble to play our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour music and I don't think we could have made a better choice! Karen was so helpful from the beginning. She provided a list of musicians which you are free to create your own ensemble from! String quartet? String Duo with a Vocalist? A Harpist? Guitarist or Pianist? Trumpets, even! So, many options to choose from, not to mention at the best prices that we found on the internet. We were sold, the only problem was that our wedding was out in Ambler, PA and we weren't sure if it would be too far or we'd be charged extra for that distance. Karen assured me that the distance was fine and we ended up going for a string trio. She then provided me with lists of plenty of suggestions for prelude music, processional and recessional songs. So awesome! I was able to look up the suggested music online and decide what I preferred. On top of everything, my wedding ended up being the night a hurricane hit the area but Karen contacted me to confirm and sure enough, the string trio made it and my ceremony was wonderful! Thank you to Karen and the rest of the Wilmington String Ensemble musicians!!

Morgan · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful music for our wedding

Wilmington Strings did an excellent job at our wedding. They played for both the ceremony & the cocktail hour and they were a nice touch. They did have a bit of trouble during the ceremony transitioning from once piece of music to the other, but it was a very minor issue that didn't really take away from the experience. Would still highly recommend - wonderful music, easy to work with, and affordable!

Lyssa · Married on 05/28/2016

Thank you for helping to coordinate and plan the string duo performance at my wedding event on 5-28-16. Lisa and Sue were able to find ample shade close to the ceremony site to play the processional and recessional pieces that I had selected. "Concerning Hobbits" sounded even better than I could have hoped for-- the music sounded rich and heartfelt, and I will never forget hearing it that way as my father walked me down the isle. I did hear a couple of guests say that the music was a bit hard to hear, but there was a slight breeze so I imagine the sound was carried a bit that way. If I could do it again, I would reconsider my original choice to not use an amp to project the sound of their instruments. This is in no way a complaint about the quality of the music that Lisa and Sue provided, rather just some honest feedback so you can pass it along to other brides who are asking questions similar to my own. I had approximately 75 guests in total the day of the wedding.