Williamson Caterers Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Monica V. Married on 09/25/2021

Great experience with Williamson Caterers

We are so happy that Williamson Caterers was our vendor for our 128 person backyard wedding. Rick was great to work with throughout the entire process - he was very accommodating to any requests or ideas we pitched to him and provided so many different unique and delicious food choices for us to choose from. We really felt like we had the flexibility to create a food menu and experience that worked best for our wedding and Rick always made it seem like anything was possible. In addition to that, the food itself was INCREDIBLE! So many of our guests have commented on how great the food was. One of the highlights that everyone commented on was the mashed potato bar with the potatoes served in martini glasses – it was a hit. Going with Williamson Caterers is a full service option, especially if you are doing a backyard wedding – they will provide linens and table settings, food, service, alcohol and bartenders for a reasonable price and great service. If you are searching for a caterer for your wedding, you won’t be disappointed with Williamson!
  • Lettie
    Lettie Married on 05/28/2021

Thank you Rick & Team!

We are so happy that we chose Rick and his team to cater our May wedding at Brandywine Manor House! Rick worked with us through a 2020 postponement and also made sure that everything was perfect for our new 2021 date. We cannot thank him enough for his patience and kindness over the past year. The food and drinks day of were great and the staff was accommodating and friendly. All of the tables were beautifully set and our cookie table looked amazing! We truly appreciate all of the hard work and behind the scenes work that Rick and his team put into our big day. Last but not least, I was to give a BIG shoutout to Devon! My husband and I were blown away by her. She was always by our side and went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we wanted or needed. We cannot thank her enough for taking such good care of us! If you are looking for a caterer, you will not regret choosing Williamson!
    Carlie Married on 04/25/2020
    Rick was so helpful in guiding us in creating our wedding day. So much I more than He pulled up our venue website and examples of wedding layouts and discussed with us the many options for tents. All was unexpected from a caterer but increbdiky helpful and just what we need, as we are planning the wedding ourselves. Our tasting was delicious and the price is very reasonable!!! Williamsons has 20-30 years of experience in this family run business and I know they have and can handle any situation. We're very excited we chose them as our caterers.
    Denise D. Married on 10/01/2019

Williamson Caterers exceeded our expectations! They went above and beyond!

The best decision we made for my daughter's wedding was to hire Williamson Caterers! This was actually the 2nd time we hired them, the first time was for my son's rehearsal dinner! Rick is the best in the business. He is professional, creative, helpful and provides the most delicious food. The food presentation is perfection as well. We had lots of challenges due to the pandemic and had to change the wedding date but Rick never missed a beat. Rick was able to help us pivot to a much smaller affair than we originally planned on and offered so many great ideas that made our day perfect in every way. We highly recommend Williamson Caterers for your wedding and we will be using them again in the future! THANK YOU RICK and TEAM!
  • Anh
    Anh Married on 09/19/2019

World class service!

Rick and his team have been so amazing from the start. They're professional, friendly, easy to work with, and most importantly they go the extra mile to make your special day extra special. Our guests won't stop raving about how good the food is. I would give them 10 stars if I could!
    Todd O. Married on 07/27/2019

Great food and amazing value

Rick and his team were wonderful to work with!! Not only did they provide AMAZING and DELICIOUS food for the wedding, they were also so easy to work with. We kept making changes to the final menu and Rick and Lindsay were able to make it happen without any issues. We loved how flexible they were. Our family and friends still talk about how good the food was! Thank you Rick and Lindsay for everything!!
  • Sarah
    Sarah F. Married on 05/26/2019

So thankful for this catering team!

Rick and his team are extraordinary. The food is fantastic but what makes them even more unique is that without hesitation they went above and beyond to help us personalize our day with our favorite things and elements meaningful to us such as our favorite beer (from NC!) and a popcorn machine. We were happy that their services can also including bar services, linens, etc.! What more could you ask for?! Would recommend 100%!!!!
    Samantha Married on 03/30/2019

Thank you for making our day beautiful!

Just recently used them for my wedding reception and they were absolutely wonderful! The food was perfect and we are still getting great reviews from our guests. Thank you for making the day so wonderful!
  • Natalie
    Natalie Married on 03/29/2019

Great to work with!

Williamson was so great to work with! So responsive, accommodating and affordable! Everyone loved the crab cakes and apps! Would definitely recommend!
    Jenna Married on 11/10/2018

food delicious but beyond that...

The food was delicious and we got so many compliments but the entire experience was BEYOND that. Starting at the ceremony they had pre wedding drinks available with water and apple cider that guests could get while waiting. After the ceremony (not even 5 minutes) we had waiters offering us appetizers while taking photographs because they wanted to make sure we tried everything. During cocktail hour, they had drinks prepoured so the waiting time was a lot less for guests. The waiters were on us all night making sure we had everything we could ever want or need. The service was so above expectation and all the waiters were so sweet and attentive. They were ready to adjust immediately when they heard we were moving speeches around to make sure the attention was on our MOH and Best Man. I also barely ate so they wrapped up a few different dinners for me to take back to the hotel. I was so hungry at the end so when I saw a huge catering tray at my sweetheart table I could've cried.

Before the wedding, Rick even came to our house for our tasting and he made us so comfortable, gave us tips that we never would've thought of, helped with the timeline and just served us delicious food.

100% recommend. You can't go wrong.
    Shannon Married on 06/02/2018
    It was wonderful working with Lindsay Showmaker and Williamson Caterers whom provided attention to detail and excellent service for my daughters recent wedding at Durham Hill Farm. Lindsay and Rick were very accommodating at meeting with us, planning, and discussing details to make it a perfect wedding. The staff was very efficient and friendly, and the food was very tasty.
    Dominique Married on 05/25/2018
    I cannot say enough great things about Rick Williamson, his team, as well as the coordinator Lindsay Showmaker. Rick & Lindsay met with both families for a food tasting, and helped us feel at home. They were more than willing to answer questions, and even connected us to a program "All Seated" that provided us a visual layout of the venue. This was a great asset when trying to decide on seating arrangements for the guests. This company met our every need from food selection, signature drinks, delicious appetizers( guests are still praising those beef tips), as well as the amazing desserts. The staff was always checking in to make sure both myself and husband had some type of food and drink during our busy evening. Rick was very respectful and mindful of those guests in attendance who needed special accommodations. If anyone is looking for an honest caterer who takes pride in their work, I would recommend Williamson Caterers.
    Christina Married on 11/18/2017
    Having Williamson as our caterer was honestly one of the best parts of our wedding. From day one, they went out of their way to accommodate every need, question and concern. Rick and Lindsay were amazing to work with, helped with all of the set up and break down of the decorations and truly made our wedding day perfect. Williamson has the best selection for appetizers, meals, desserts and alcohol AND their food is delicious. I would recommend Williamson to anyone and hope to use them again in the future. Thank you!!!
    Larissa Married on 10/21/2017
    We had a wonderful experience with Williamson. They were very professional, in constant contact with us, and very responsive to our numerous questions. The tasting was fantastic - we were able to sample pretty much our entire wedding menu, which made choosing what we wanted for the final menu incredibly easy. On the wedding day they arrived when they said they would and cooked the food on site, and it was delicious. Lindsay was great; she worked with both the photographer and DJ to make sure everything was on schedule on going smoothly. I would definitely recommend Williamson Caterers for any of your catering needs!
    Sean Married on 07/22/2017
    My wife and I had our wedding reception catered by Williamson and they were beyond fantastic. Their service went so far beyond food service. They made sure our entire evening ran smoothly. The food and drinks were excellent. The staff was friendly and professional. The service was exceptional. I can't recommend them strongly enough.
    Erin Married on 12/17/2016
    I am so happy we chose Wiliamson Caterers for our December wedding! Rick let us choose a custom menu and everyone raved about how good the food was - definitely pick the mini crab cakes as one of your appetizers! His servers were excellent - they even thought to bring appetizers outside for me and my husband while we were still taking photos. We were also extremely happy when we were notified that we would be getting money back after the wedding because our guest count was lower than our estimate.
    Annmarie Married on 11/26/2016
    Everything was perfect for our daughters New Years Eve wedding reception. Rick and his staff were wonderful to work with. The food was fabulous, plentiful and hot. The service was impeccable. I cannot say enough about our experience. As the mother of the bride, I saw quickly that Williamsons had everything under control and I could relax. This was the third wedding we hosted and I must say, it was the smoothest. Thank you Williamsons!
    After the tasting, we didn't consider another caterer. We look forward to hosting more events with Williamsons catering! Thank you.
    Leah Married on 07/08/2016
    Williamson made our wedding day perfect. From linens to food everything was taken care of. The entire staff was so friendly and all my guests couldn't stop raving about the food and service. The staff was always smiling and went out of their way to make sure I was happy. I couldn't have asked for more!
    Krysta Married on 06/25/2016
    Williamson catered our wedding on June 25, 2016. Rick was so easy to work with and made the whole process easy, from the initial tasting to the end of our event. They made the process of choosing linens so simple, and there were tons of colors and options to choose from! We had a buffet and the food was incredible. Our guests are still raving about the lamb chops and all of the hor d'oeuvres. The staff for the day of the event were very helpful and professional. We had an open bar for the cocktail hour as well as the reception and we were able to have the signature drinks we wanted which our guests loved! We definitely recommend their services!
    Jenn Married on 01/02/2016
    Rick and his team were incredible. Not only was the food delicious, but his team did an amazing job with switching our room over during the cocktail hour and making sure that everything was perfect on our wedding day. Rick was a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process. I highly recommend Williamson Caterers to anyone looking for a caterer.
    Samantha Married on 09/26/2015
    We used Williamson Caterers to cater our wedding on 9/26/15. They were incredible!! We met with Rick because he was a preferred vendor for our wedding venue and now we understand why! Our guests have been raving about how delicious our cocktail hour and reception food was. We went with a buffet and I always think it is more difficult to serve delicious food that way...but Rick and Williamson Caterers pulled it off :) Rick was a joy to work with throughout the entire process. We were over an hour and a half drive from him...so he came to us for all our meetings! He came to our home for our first meeting and he even came to our home for our tasting which I thought was amazing service. He also allowed us to taste plenty of options...he has so many food options, especially when it comes to the appetizers and we wanted to try a lot to be sure! His packages are extremely flexible...you can create a package that has whatever you want and he is very flexible with making substitutes. He was also very flexible with me (bride). I am a picky eater so he made me a special salad and added egg to my families salad, etc. Even though he was feeding 200 people he still made sure to accommodate our specific requests! Your caterer provides one of the biggest services at your wedding so you want to make sure you choose right! Rick and Williamson Caterers are the best choice for your wedding!
    Ken J. Married on 09/12/2015
    Williamson is delicious! Williamson catered our wedding and was terrific. They are true professionals and provided an amazing assortment for our wedding. They are timely, fast, efficient, and work well with food allergies. We cannot thank Williamson enough for the terrific service they provided for our wedding. We would absolutely recommend them for any event. Thank you Williamson Caterers!
  • User2391268 2+ years ago
    We used Williamson catering for our August wedding and couldn't of been happier with our choice. Rick and his crew were professional and flexible. Rick traveled to my parents house for our tasting which was a treat. The cost was included in our down payment when we decided to book with them. We had 125 guests and were able to chose from a variety of food options and serving style within our budget. We chose a buffet style and were not dissappointed by the quality and quantity. Our guests loved our food and we did too!
  • Nancy
    Nancy Married on 07/25/2015
    Rick Williamson and his team were perfect from start to finish! My husband and I were planning our wedding from North Carolina, but Rick made the process easy and stress-free. Rick was easy to contact and efficient when replying to emails. We chose the stations package to give our guests diversity in their dinner, and they loved it! The food was delicious, well-prepared, and neatly displayed. I had guests telling me it was the best wedding food they ever had! The Williamson staff were also incredibly professional and courteous; they would ask my husband and I throughout the night if there was anything we needed or anything they could do for us. The bartenders also did a great job in providing the drinks that my guests wanted and doing so in a timely manner. Overall my experience with Rick Williamson and his team was phenomenal, and I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of catering services!
    Abbie Married on 07/04/2015
    Joe and I highly recommend William Caterers. We can't even keep track of how many people raved about the food and absolutely loved it. There were nothing but great reviews. I never felt worried or stressed at any moment because the staff were so organized and helpful. If I had a question, it was answered immediately and they were always there to offer help. Two staff members even walked out into the muddy cornfield just so we could have a chance to taste our hors d'oeuvres during pictures! We couldn't believe it, but we were sure glad they did. Many of my guests, and myself as well, couldn't believe how attentive the staff was--my father noticed it all night and was just blown away by everything. Overall, the staff and the incredible food was a large part of why the day was perfect. Nothing went wrong and people just really enjoyed themselves. Joe and I can't thank them enough and we wanted to make sure everyone is aware of how much the professionalism and great quality of their work was noticed. They will always be highly recommended!!