William Hendra Photography Reviews

William Hendra Photography 5
William Hendra Photography 6
William Hendra Photography 7

Nichole · Married on 05/13/2017

We got married in May and this review of William Hendra is very much overdue.
    Working with William: William was absolutely incredible to work with from the first skype call last summer all the way through the final photograph of our absolutely perfect wedding day. William is very professional and easy to work with prior to the wedding. We spoke with quite a few photographers and William was an easy pick for us because of his organization and knowledge without the added pushiness. The other thing to mention is that we were planning this wedding from afar and having someone who could remotely make us at ease was really important. In terms of style of photography, he was very flexible and very willing to listen to our preferences. Prior to the wedding, he actually had us put together an album of photos from his previous shoots to give him an idea of our preferred style. I can’t emphasize how awesome William and his second photograph Andrew, were on the day of the wedding. The weather was really bad – the wind was blowing very hard (30-50 mph) and it was raining sideways all day. This made taking photos difficult and we had to do a lot of the photos on the fly and we had to change a lot of plans. This is really where William and Andrew shined. They both took control and came up with tons of unique and creative photos both in our chapel and outside in the rain. It can’t be emphasized how important this was for us. We were already super stressed about the wedding going well and the weather just amplified all of that. William and Andrew being flexible and creative, while also being calming presences, made our day so much easier and allowed us to enjoy it all. They even spent 15 minutes with us in the crazy rain and wind at the end of the night to get pictures of us under an umbrella. It was just so awesome.
    The photographs: The photographs that we received from William are absolutely perfect. They are better than anything we could have ever imagined.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Colleen · Married on 04/23/2017

I'm so thrilled with how our wedding photographs came out and William was awesome to work with. He was extremely flexible, professional and experienced which allowed us to get through the staged photos and family pictures quickly so we could enjoy the day. He was unobtrusive, which means we have so many incredible candid photos. He documented all of the little details and moments throughout the day, like the interactions between guests and our toddler son causing mayhem, that I would have never seen or even noticed on my own. When he sent us our gallery, it brought all of the memories back and even though parts of the day were a blur, I felt like I could recall every detail. Beyond the individual photos, the overall lighting and feel of the pictures perfectly reflects the vibe and atmosphere of the actual wedding and reception. William is amazingly talented and I couldn't possibly be happier with his level of service and the quality of the photographs. I'd highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/08/2017

Courtney · Married on 04/08/2017

William is simply the best! Him and his 2nd shooter are fantastic. Professional, laid back, and talented. Couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture my special day. On top of that he did my engagement shoot and a video, which I am still getting compliments on. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Laticia · Married on 01/28/2017

The best investment of my wedding day!! Wedding- August 5th 2017. William Hendra provided the most amazing photography of my wedding. He arrived early and stayed late. He was professional and made EXCELLENT use of the time. I had a morning wedding and we were always crunched for time. William made every second count, I have a TON of gorgeous photos. He is worth EVERY penny spent. Everyday I look at our photos and I get excited all over again. His journalistic style is complimented by everyone who sees my photo album. His style is unique and makes you feel like you are center stage at the wedding each time you look at the photos. They look so natural yet so vivid. AMAZING.

Sent on 10/16/2017
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 01/07/2017

Where do we start with William? Our big day took place in small town Allentown, NJ and from the beginning, William was so easy to work with. From his communication, professionalism, flexibility, and creativity, William was on point every single part of the day. He and his co-photographer did an amazing job capturing our day from the beginning until the end (we didn't want it to end!). My husband and I, along with family and friends, were extremely impressed with the pictures and how they turned out! I would highly recommend William for one of the most important and special days of your life!

Sent on 07/02/2017

William was a pleasure to work with--he was the perfect balance of organized and flexible. He was so accommodating and willing to make this as smooth of an experience as possible. And the photos turned out wonderfully (as well as very promptly!)--we're thrilled!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Amanda · Married on 12/31/2016

William has a magnificent eye for photography and a very accommodating style. We interviewed many photographers who seemed inflexible, wanted to run the entire wedding, wanted to charge extra for the digital photos, or were worried about family members taking photos during the ceremony. But as soon as we spoke to him, we knew we found the right person. He said he could and absolutely did work around everything else going on at the wedding with ease. Out of all our vendors, he was the one we did not worry about at all. We are couldn't be any happier with our photos and all the ones we printed out look amazing!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Kathetine · Married on 12/11/2016

William was a fabulous choice for our wedding photographer. He captured everything as it happened and kept all the stress out of photography. We really can't say it enough that we didn't feel like were posing the entire time or made ever uncomfortable. One of my bridesmaids even commented that the moments of the day seemed very genuine which was the opposite with how their own photographer went about the day. He didn't just stand in one place at any point and was moving around non stop to capture a ton of different angles of basically every moment. You can't even tell that he was did the entire wedding himself without a second photographer with the variety of photos we have. He send us our photos quickly via a link that we could download the photos from and share with everyone The pictures were gorgeous and we will cherish them forever!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Allyson · Married on 12/02/2016

We chose William Hendra after being referred by a friend and I am so glad we were - he is amazing! Our pictures are stunning and I can't wait to share them with everyone over the holidays! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Rebecca · Married on 11/20/2016

I spent forever searching for what to look for in a photographers, looking through lists of questions, and just getting overwhelmed. But after coming across William on Wedding Wire, I knew our search was over right after our first meeting. After talking for an hour, we were 100% comfortable that he was right photographer for us. He is down to earth and was totally honest every step of the way about how the day would go. And looking back now, he was totally right about everything he told us! So many of our friends, guests, and even our priest commented that he was much better than many other photographers they have seen recently in how he carried himself through the day. He helped pull people together and made us get into gear when we really had to, but the day was completely smooth and we were totally at ease. It didn’t feel like photos took up a huge part of our day at all despite William being with us for almost 10 hours. I didn’t mention the photos themselves at all yet, but rest assured they are totally amazing as well and we love them. The set we received is a great mix of showing everything that happened, a ton of really cool artistic shots, and the straightforward ones for our parents to frame. I always imagined ceremony photos of being boring and taken straight down the aisle the entire time but he captured faces, reactions, and moments between us that will last a lifetime! He really encapsulated the party atmosphere of our ceremony and everything else about the day perfectly. There’s so much more than I am able to cover in the review so just know that overall William is amazing!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Jen · Married on 10/08/2016

We used William Hendra for our wedding photographer and he was terrific. He captured some awesome shots and despite being a rainy, grey day, he managed to get some really cool beach shots of us. I definitely recommend William Hendra Photography!

Sent on 11/03/2016
  • I

Imbirai · Married on 09/04/2016

Will took pictures for our wedding, and they are amazing! He tells a good story with the pictures and he did not miss any moments of the day. He arrived way before the arranged time, he was professional, unobtrusive, dealt with wedding hiccups with ease and went above and beyond to deliver quality finished product. We greatly appreciate your service and would love to work with you again on future projects!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Brent · Married on 01/15/2016

William truly did a fantastic job capturing all our special moments during our wedding! He was flexible and let us really enjoy our day while still getting great shots the entire time from the hotel through our reception. He was a great value for the quality of his work and had a ton of really creative shots mixed in with everything else. Those creative ones are what we ended up loving the most and showing off to everyone! My wife and I are very happy to have found him and will recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Sammy · Married on 12/12/2015

William did a superb job photographing both our engagement session as well as our wedding day. He helped us schedule everything when we started feeling overwhelmed and our day turned out perfectly timed without any rushing! He was very professional and made us feel comfortable from start to finish. We got our finished photos back very quickly and love them all. It was a great experience working with him!

Sent on 02/18/2016

Phuong · Married on 11/07/2015

You can’t beat William for the price! We received photos on the same level as our friends who paid significantly more for their photographer. Our main request was photojournalistic shots really getting everyone's faces and emotions and he nailed that with perfect timing on a ton of photos. We will absolutely recommend him to friends and family going forwards.

Sent on 02/18/2016

sally · Married on 10/31/2015

We loved having William cover our wedding and got the best photos from it! He made us feel very comfortable at our preps and we hardly noticed him during our ceremony but he still got amazing shots. He helped us fit in a ton of family and posed pictures around our venue without missing our cocktail hour. We had a really fun group at our reception and he got a ton of candid pics straight through the end that all the guests ended up loving. He photographed our engagement session too and used the time to get to know us while getting some fun photos so once the wedding day came we already knew what to expect. We have only good things to say, his price was great, and every single picture he sent was really special.

Sent on 02/19/2016

We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our wedding day! We love little details and William listened to and fulfilled every request we had from our meetings beforehand. His own ideas were honestly even better though and the photos we got exceeded our expectations. He made us feel at ease, everyone loved him, and he fit right in our budget. Thanks William!

Sent on 02/24/2016

Meghan · Married on 10/24/2014

William was truly a pleasure to work with. The second I took a look at his photos on his website, I knew he had the exact style I was looking for in regards to my wedding photos. When we sat down to meet with him, we were so happy to hear that he was able to work within our budget! Furthermore, it made me relieved to hear that he preferred candid photos over staged photos. I have been in so many wedding where you take hours and hours of endless staged photos! I did not want to spend my whole wedding day that way. I wanted to enjoy myself while my photographer took memorable photos of everyone having a great time! Working with William on the day of my wedding was a breeze! He caught every aspect of our special day and we hardly even knew he was there capturing each and every moment of it! We received out photos back quickly and had to option to order albums with him or create them on our own. We loved our pictures! I highly recommend William Hendra Photography!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Dina · Married on 06/23/2017

I'll be honest to say I didn't know what to expect when I initially hired William. Trying to plan a NJ wedding from VA has been quite the challenge so I rely on reviews and whatever I can find online. I can now tell you that the angles William takes and the expressions/ moments that were captured was just phenomenal. And do you know what I loved the most? We hardly even knew he was there. He will go about his business capturing things that you never even got to see and memorialized them for you. He is so flexibility. He trekked to multiple locations to capture that special moment. William totally surpassed my expectations. If you want someone who creates a story in photography, then William is who you should hire.

Sent on 07/19/2017

William is extremely flexible and professional. We had a very short notice with a limited budget, and he managed all these constraints while still provided the photos with goo qualities. We only booked him for 1 hour but he was nice enough to go a bit over time. He is always very fast in responding emails in a organized way. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a photographer.

Sent on 03/04/2016

Jonah · Married on 10/12/2017

William was recommended to me by my brother in law, who is also a photographer! That in itself already says a lot. William is very accommodating. He would suggest things to do, poses, but he'd also take my requests and use his clever eye to deliver some AMAZING photos. They were absolutely beautiful and captured the intimacy and joy of my wedding day. Friends and family could not get enough of the photos. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/09/2017