William Hendra Photography Reviews

40 William Hendra Photography Reviews
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing photographer!

Finding a photographer for our fall 2018 wedding was not the easiest part of the wedding planning process for me. Luckily I eventually came across William’s profile and instantly fell in love with his work and his ability to bring each couple’s personalities into his photos. After speaking with William over an initial call he seemed extremely knowledge and flexible to work with. He was an easy choice to hire for our 9/22 wedding.

My husband worked with William twice, the first being our spring engagement shoot in Central Park NY. We had such a great time exploring Central Park with William and particularly loved his suggestion that we rent a row boat to capture additional pictures during sunset- these pictures came out amazing!

We worked with William a second time during our September wedding. William was again wonderful to work with and came armed with locations and pose ideas for our portrait pictures. William was even extremely patient and willing to have us set up time slots to take pictures with our extended family -this is not something most photographers I spoke with would agree to do, but William was supportive and willing to make this happen for us. We received all of our pictures back in less than a month and were blown away by William’s work and by all of the special moments he captured from our wedding day.

William is a joy to work with and will not disappoint!

William Hendra Photography 1
    William Hendra Photography 2
    William Hendra Photography 3

Kaitlin · Married on 09/03/2018

I feel like I have started to write this review five times but cannot figure out where to begin-- I had spent hours and hours researching photographers, and we are SO grateful we found William. We would not change anything. Working with William and his assistant that day was so easy and wonderful. I was a bit anxious about the fact we hadn't met in person prior to the day, though we had a few video calls, but when we met, I felt like I had met him. He is so easy to work with, so polite, so detail-oriented. The two arrived early, were utmost professionals, and everyone in the wedding party loved them. Even the detail of him clasping my shoes before taking a photo of them (this being before I had them on my feet of course), so they looked more put together, stood out to me. William is perceptive and went with the flow of the day so well. We got married in a Catholic church, and we never had to worry about where they were during the ceremony. Having them both, they were able to capture bride and groom at the same time, as well as the congregation. During the reception, they did such a great job of capturing not only the two of us, but everyone on the dance floor, as well as laughter and smiles at the tables. The photos came back to us in under three weeks-- we couldn't believe it, especially during September, a very busy wedding month. The results blew us away. Tears in our eyes as we relived the happy day and were overwhelmed with joy at the photos. Just incredible how he captured moments, reactions, the light--in both daytime and nighttime as well as in a dark church-- I could go on and on!

William Hendra Photography 4
    William Hendra Photography 5
    William Hendra Photography 6
    William Hendra Photography 7

Catherine · Married on 09/02/2018

My husband and I hired William for our 9/2/2018 wedding. His package also included an engagement photo session. For our engagement photos, William gave us a lot of suggestions in choosing a location and was very flexible when it came to scheduling. My husband and I are not great in front of the camera, but William is so easy-going and made us feel comfortable. Between our initial contact and wedding day, he was very quick to respond when emailing which was greatly appreciated during that stressful time. On our wedding day, William and his second photographer Daniel were great- they took all of the pictures we asked for and came up with some creative shots that we wouldn’t have thought of. William got the pictures to us within a couple of weeks and they looked beautiful. We highly recommend William!

Taylor · Married on 09/01/2018

All I can say is WOW!

Will was more than amazing to work with. My now husband and I eloped, and I (last minute) asked every photographer I could find to capture our special day. Will responded very quickly and happened to be available the day I required his services. He's been incredible to work with throughout the entire process and sent us our photos in a very timely matter. I HIGHLY recommend him. His work is beautiful.

Courtney · Married on 08/23/2018

William was the one of the many highlights of our day. My husband and I hit it off with William via FaceTime. We loved everything about his vision and photojournalistic style. From the first moment he walked in my hotel room while I was getting ready, I felt an ease. William made the day go by so smoothly for me. He never asked me to stop and pose for him- he simply captured moments. Looking back at my photos now, I feel like I relieve those moments- from the ceremony, to the guests mingling, to the dancing, to my ABSOLUTE fairytale night picture. William was 100% worth every penny! He will not disappoint you and his passion shows in every photo he takes!

William Hendra Photography 8
    William Hendra Photography 9
    William Hendra Photography 10
    William Hendra Photography 11

Brian · Married on 08/11/2018

William Hendra Photography is absolutely amazing! William is extremely professional and has such an artistic eye. Our engagement photos came out absolutely amazing so we were very excited for the wedding day photos. Words cannot describe how beautiful and perfect the photos from the wedding day turned out. William really understands what the client wants, which was very important to us. Also, we still can't believe the turn around time for the wedding day photos, just one week after the wedding day! Overall, we would highly recommend William to capture sincere and candid moments from a day that will always be remembered. Thank you William!

Kimberly · Married on 07/20/2018

William does an incredible job capturing the big day! He adds a personal feel, and doesn't add to the stressful "production" of the day. His photos are not over-stylized and he does a great job capturing the atmosphere of the day, almost like stills from a documentary (documentary-style!). We would definitely recommend William.

William Hendra Photography 12

Carol · Married on 06/24/2018

William did our engagement and wedding photos. He did an amazing job! He captured our wedding day even better then we could have imagined. William was always quick at responding to our emails and always answered any questions we had. He also had our pictures back to us so quickly! We were very impressed. If you’re looking for a photographer, William is a must! Thank you for everything!

William Hendra Photography 13
    William Hendra Photography 14
    William Hendra Photography 15
    William Hendra Photography 16
    William Hendra Photography 17
    William Hendra Photography 18

Sanabel · Married on 06/17/2018

William was absolutely amazing. If you want amazing photos for your wedding along with an equally amazing photographer - then William is the person you want to work with. He was so thorough, professional, and detail oriented it really made our wedding go smoothly! He was always very responsive and helpful through email and phone calls and totally put us at ease with any questions we had. On the day of, he was on time and completely prepared. I really appreciated that he was able to give direction and get the pictures we wanted within the time frame we had. He did not miss a single moment and captured everything so beautifully. You honestly don't even notice him, but wherever he was he was able to get some awesome photos!! Highly recommend William Hendra Photography.

Nykeisa-Rae · Married on 03/25/2018

I am so glad I picked William as my wedding photographer. I found him honest and easy to work with. He swept in quietly from the moment I arrived at my venue and began capturing special moments from then until the end of our lovely night! Every emotion - laugh, smile, kiss, and every moment he photorgraphed! I am so thrilled with how my wedding photos came out. His edits are also impeccable as the colors were vibrant, skin tones popped and every photo captured the magic of our wedding day with a unique and timeless touch!! I highly recommend Will if you want a photographer who will capture your every moment and who will be reliable. Thank you Will for all your hardwork on my wedding day!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 02/17/2018

Amazing! Hiring William was probably the best decisions I made for my wedding. He was so professional and captured every moment beautifully. You could barely notice he was ever even there, but he never missed a beat. My husband and I were very unsure of how to pose, but William knew exactly how to direct us without making every photo look staged. Honestly I could go on and on about how great he is to work with, but you'll just have to find out for yourself. Don't second guess and hire him!

Joanne · Married on 01/27/2018

William was my photographer for our wedding and his photos captured every second! We only had one photographer and I don’t know if William moves like lightening but he literally caught every beautiful candid moment. We could not be happier with our photos!

Sent on 02/16/2018
    William Hendra Photography 19
    William Hendra Photography 20
    William Hendra Photography 21

William Hendra Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I always try to do my best impression of The Flash for every wedding!
  • Almost Richardson<3

Christine · Married on 01/19/2018

William completely blew us away. He captured the pictures of our wedding in January 2018. Not only was William super easy to work with, but the turnaround time for our photos was very quick!

We loved his laid-back approach to pictures. Nothing was forced, and we didn't feel as though a ton of our time was being used on the pictures. Throughout the night, I feel like I hardly saw William, but he somehow captured every special moment of our day. And the pictures are so incredible - they are edited to really enhance the photos without looking like they are completely redone.

We literally could not be happier with William, and would recommend him to any-and-everyone. Thank you SO much!

Sent on 01/30/2018
    William Hendra Photography 22
    William Hendra Photography 23
    William Hendra Photography 24

William Hendra Photography's reply:

Thank you :) One of my favorite compliments is being hardly noticed despite being beside everything going on for the entire day!

Kate · Married on 10/22/2017

William is just incredible. I was really nervous about the whole photography thing at my wedding—my husband and I are awkward people who take VERY awkward photos. William was patient with us and listened carefully to what we were looking for from our photos and holy hell, did he deliver. When we got our pictures back, we were thrilled to see how natural we looked. We were also over the moon with all of the candid shots he got of our ceremony and reception. He always seemed to know where the action was and captured so many of the moments that we missed. There's one picture in particular of my mom trying to sneak a taste of the wedding cake that makes me laugh every time I see it. Beyond his technical expertise, William is also an amazingly nice dude who is an absolute pleasure to have around on a very stressful and busy day. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

William Hendra Photography 25
    William Hendra Photography 26
    William Hendra Photography 27
    William Hendra Photography 28

Becky · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I booked William for our wedding in October, and it was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding! He is super responsive and captured every moment. Planning a wedding has you take on so much, but he was there and captured our vision and provided us with countless memories through our photos. We look back through them often, and it's like we are right back in that moment. We definitely did our research, and William was by far affordable, and worked with us completely along the way! If you have the opportunity to book him for your wedding, or any event really. Do it!

William Hendra Photography 29

Bruce · Married on 10/14/2017

William was awesome. We wanted to hire a photographer for our wedding who would naturally and candidly capture our special day without us having to pose for a million pictures. William took amazing photos, and most of the time we didn't even know he was there. He was easy to work with and provided us with a link to our final photographs faster than we anticipated. Highly recommended!

Ecaterina · Married on 10/01/2017

William did an unbelievably amazing job both for our Engagement photos and for our Wedding on Oct 1 2017 at the Grand Marquis in Old Bridge NJ. We were so thrilled with the quality of the photos, the high attention to detail and precision, and the artistic eye that William has! He was very professional and patient with us as well as our requests. We greeted our family during the wedding, so William took photos of us with pretty much all of the guest. We will have memories that last forever and for a very reasonable price.
    He was extremely helpful with helping us choose a location for our Engagement photos and Post wedding photos, since we were not from the area! He is adventurous and will go far to provide quality service; we snuck into a field of corn and green beans to take pictures in the sunset, and he was there with us, climbing through the field and crawling into uncomfortable places just to find those perfect angles.
    We were beyond satisfied with the outcome!

valery · Married on 09/15/2017

My husband and I had the luck of finding the perfect photographer for our wedding in September. We were looking for high quality photos, and some video for our big day, that would not break our budget. Never would we imagine that not only was William and his second photographer, Andrew be professional, friendly, attentive and budget friendly, but provide the most beautiful photos (hundreds!) and a highlight video that we are still crying over because it was perfect! I think the best compliment is that the day of the wedding, at the ceremony and reception, I forgot they were there. Yet somehow they managed to capture every important moment and a lot of spontaneous fun and moving moments as well. I can not say thank you enough to this team. Brides, you will not be sorry!

William Hendra Photography 30
    William Hendra Photography 31
    William Hendra Photography 32
    William Hendra Photography 33
    William Hendra Photography 34
    William Hendra Photography 35

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2017

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding day (besides of course saying yes and getting married!). William was calm, professional and incredibly easy to work with. In addition, he was very timely in his responses which made us very comfortable, knowing that capturing our special moments were going to be taken care of.

We had a small, intimate ceremony on the beach and the weather was a bit touch and go for the few days leading up- William was so go with the flow if plans needed to change, not to mention, he just hopped right in with the family to direct capturing some great shots. We also got our pictures back incredibly fast! Thank you to William, we are incredibly happy with the results.

Nichole · Married on 05/13/2017

We got married in May and this review of William Hendra is very much overdue.
    Working with William: William was absolutely incredible to work with from the first skype call last summer all the way through the final photograph of our absolutely perfect wedding day. William is very professional and easy to work with prior to the wedding. We spoke with quite a few photographers and William was an easy pick for us because of his organization and knowledge without the added pushiness. The other thing to mention is that we were planning this wedding from afar and having someone who could remotely make us at ease was really important. In terms of style of photography, he was very flexible and very willing to listen to our preferences. Prior to the wedding, he actually had us put together an album of photos from his previous shoots to give him an idea of our preferred style. I can’t emphasize how awesome William and his second photograph Andrew, were on the day of the wedding. The weather was really bad – the wind was blowing very hard (30-50 mph) and it was raining sideways all day. This made taking photos difficult and we had to do a lot of the photos on the fly and we had to change a lot of plans. This is really where William and Andrew shined. They both took control and came up with tons of unique and creative photos both in our chapel and outside in the rain. It can’t be emphasized how important this was for us. We were already super stressed about the wedding going well and the weather just amplified all of that. William and Andrew being flexible and creative, while also being calming presences, made our day so much easier and allowed us to enjoy it all. They even spent 15 minutes with us in the crazy rain and wind at the end of the night to get pictures of us under an umbrella. It was just so awesome.
    The photographs: The photographs that we received from William are absolutely perfect. They are better than anything we could have ever imagined.

Colleen · Married on 04/23/2017

I'm so thrilled with how our wedding photographs came out and William was awesome to work with. He was extremely flexible, professional and experienced which allowed us to get through the staged photos and family pictures quickly so we could enjoy the day. He was unobtrusive, which means we have so many incredible candid photos. He documented all of the little details and moments throughout the day, like the interactions between guests and our toddler son causing mayhem, that I would have never seen or even noticed on my own. When he sent us our gallery, it brought all of the memories back and even though parts of the day were a blur, I felt like I could recall every detail. Beyond the individual photos, the overall lighting and feel of the pictures perfectly reflects the vibe and atmosphere of the actual wedding and reception. William is amazingly talented and I couldn't possibly be happier with his level of service and the quality of the photographs. I'd highly recommend him.

Courtney · Married on 04/08/2017

William is simply the best! Him and his 2nd shooter are fantastic. Professional, laid back, and talented. Couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture my special day. On top of that he did my engagement shoot and a video, which I am still getting compliments on. Highly recommend.

Laticia · Married on 01/28/2017

The best investment of my wedding day!! Wedding- August 5th 2017. William Hendra provided the most amazing photography of my wedding. He arrived early and stayed late. He was professional and made EXCELLENT use of the time. I had a morning wedding and we were always crunched for time. William made every second count, I have a TON of gorgeous photos. He is worth EVERY penny spent. Everyday I look at our photos and I get excited all over again. His journalistic style is complimented by everyone who sees my photo album. His style is unique and makes you feel like you are center stage at the wedding each time you look at the photos. They look so natural yet so vivid. AMAZING.

• Mary

Mary · Married on 01/07/2017

Where do we start with William? Our big day took place in small town Allentown, NJ and from the beginning, William was so easy to work with. From his communication, professionalism, flexibility, and creativity, William was on point every single part of the day. He and his co-photographer did an amazing job capturing our day from the beginning until the end (we didn't want it to end!). My husband and I, along with family and friends, were extremely impressed with the pictures and how they turned out! I would highly recommend William for one of the most important and special days of your life!