Wildflower Weddings Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Shannon
    Shannon F. Married on 09/25/2021

WOW Wildflower Weddings!

April Reardon and Wildflower Weddings brought my floral dreams to life at our wedding at Walker’s Overlook on 9.25.2021! When we started planning our wedding, I knew I wanted real flowers and a lot of them- especially roses and greenery. I spoke with 4 different florists to get pricing quotes, and no one could offer as many flowers as April and beat her price- the value was fantastic! Not to mention she sources a portion of her flowers locally from Bend in The River Farm which guarantees top notch freshness! We ordered a sample centerpiece arrangement for Valentine’s Day before the wedding and were so impressed with the quality of her greenery and flowers- most of them lasted beautifully for 2 weeks! After seeing this arrangement in person I knew our wedding arrangements were going to be fabulous!

For our wedding, April delivered a gorgeous five and a half foot diameter floral chandelier, 25 centerpieces, 5 bouquets, 14 boutonnières, a seating chart floral spray, a welcome arrangement, two boxes of tossing petals, a floral hair pin, flowers for our cake, a complimentary photo box, a floral garland and 2 large ceremony aisle arrangements. April repurposed the two barrel arrangements and the garland from our ceremony for the reception- we really got the most out of our arrangements! She also provided all the vases for our reception centerpieces and vases for the bridal and bridal squad bouquets- this really kept our bouquets looking fresh all day! She also incorporated string lights in all of our arrangements like I asked, helped set up candles on our reception tables and stayed on site through the ceremony to move our garland to our sweetheart table- talk about dedication and fantastic service! She really was crucial in making sure our reception looked and smelled beautiful, and we are so thankful she was a part of our wedding day team!

When I saw my bouquet I was so excited and couldn’t believe it was mine! The bridal squad bouquets complimented my bouquet perfectly, and they were all just the right size with blossoms in perfect bloom! The floral chandelier was definitely our favorite arrangement and really added a natural and elegant touch to our reception. It was obvious that April creates a lot of floral chandeliers, and I’m so glad we trusted her with this focal point arrangement!

At the end of the night April came back promptly to clean up everything and let our guests take home any flowers they wanted. Her help with cleanup and letting us keep the flowers we wanted was the perfect ending to a beautiful floral display. Our arrangements lasted for atleast another week past the wedding which we did not anticipate after they were handled and moved so much! We received so many compliments on our flowers and they were everything I wanted to see at our wedding! It’s no surprise that Wildflower Weddings is a preferred vendor with Walker’s Overlook- April is very familiar with the property and staff, and together they make an excellent team! Thank you so much to April and her team for everything and for bringing our vision to life- we could not have been happier with our flowers and our experience with Wildflower Weddings!

Love, Shannon and Tincen

All Photography Credit:
    Brittany Dunbar Photography
  • Bethany
    Bethany T. Married on 08/07/2021

Gorgeous flowers & executed my vision!

It was such a joy to work with April at Wildflower Weddings! She was so incredibly easy to work with and executed my vision perfectly. Delivery was perfect and the flowers stayed gorgeous all day long. April even suggested ways to cut costs...like using bridesmaid bouquets at our sweetheart table instead of crafting another piece. Highly recommend April and her team!
  • Corinne
    Corinne S. Married on 05/29/2021

Local & Creative & Colorful

April and her team executed our vision for our wedding flowers beautifully! We worked together to create a one of a kind look using local sourced flowers - something that was very important to us. April even let us drop off our own baskets to use at the ceremony site. The Wildflower Weddings team knocked it out of the park for our wedding!

Wildflower Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much Corinne! We loved your style and the fact that you let us be so creative! Congratulations and best of luck! Thanks again for using our services!!
  • Olivia
    Olivia Married on 05/23/2021

Loved our wildflowers!

April and her team did such a wonderful job with our flowers! My husband and I were especially impressed with our freestanding flower arrangements. April was flexible with last minute changes and is a great communicator (we had lots of questions throughout the process!). Set up and breakdown went seamlessly. We're so grateful to have found Wildflower Weddings -- thank you, April!
  • Kristina
    Kristina Married on 05/15/2021

Stunning Work!

April not only brought my Pinterest board to life… she made it even better! I can’t recommend her enough. Her work is absolutely amazing and unique!
    Jenny P. Married on 05/01/2021

So talented and professional

April and her team did an amazing job for our spring outdoor wedding at vineyard. We went for a natural looking neutral theme and they went above and beyond. We received so many compliments on our floral decor and especially the arch for our ceremony. Everything looked absolutely beautiful and April and her team were so easy to work with. They were so professional during the set-up and lovely to have as part of our wedding day. We'd recommend Wildflower Weddings to anyone getting married in the MD-DC-VA area. Thank you April and team for making our wedding so stunning!
  • Audra
    Audra S. Married on 12/05/2020

Beautiful Florals!

All we had to do was tell April the colors that we wanted, and a general theme, and then we gave her creative freedom. (I actually didn’t even fully know what the floral arrangements would look like until the day of the wedding, but I knew we were in good hands so I wasn’t worried in the slightest!). I’m so glad that we gave April the freedom to run with it and do what she does best, because the florals that she designed for us were absolutely gorgeous!! She also made an evergreen garland for our long dinner table, which was so beautiful for our intimate winter wedding! (We actually are still using the evergreen garlands as winter decor in our home! They are such good quality, they still look as good as they did in December!). Another thing that I loved about working with April was that she asked for our floral budget upfront so that she could design something beautiful within our price range. She is also very responsive if you need to get in touch with her! I would highly recommend April to anyone looking for a florist in the Frederick area! You won’t be disappointed!
  • Courtney
    Courtney F. Married on 10/24/2020

April was the MVP of my wedding!!!

Where do I even begin?! April is an absolute LEGEND and by far one of the best decisions I made for my big day. When I had to cancel my big wedding in Frederick due to COVID and downsize for a more intimate gathering in the Annapolis area, April was onboard immediately and ready to help turn our vision into a reality.

Let me start with the flowers. I've never seen such gorgeous arrangements and bouquets in my LIFE. She has such a talent for taking your ideas and turning them into reality with ease. I showed her a couple pictures on our first consultation, and she ran with it from there and provided us with the exact flowers that we were looking for - plus they were reasonably priced as well.

The best part about April is that she's also willing to help you set everything up, and this is really where she saved the day for us. She single handedly turned my childhood home into a wedding venue with her decor - it literally took my breath away when I saw it! She set up flowers on our arch, spread petals along our aisle, strung greenery up and down the staircase, placed candles perfectly around our tables, and so much more completely by herself. And EVERYTHING she did was absolute perfection. She worked her ass off for us that day and still always had a smile on her face.

My mom and I were so nervous when we decided to have the wedding at home that it wouldn't feel like a real wedding, but boy we were wrong, and it was truly all thanks to April. I could never thank her enough for everything she did for us that day, and I would hire her again in a heartbeat.

Hire Wildflower Weddings for your special events and it will be the best decision you will make!

Courtney!
    Such a sweet review! Thanks for letting me big such a big part of your big day. Congratulations on your wedding and wishing you eternal happiness! The dog pic tho...really?? So stinking cute!! APRIL
  • Janea
    Janea G. Married on 09/19/2020

Hire her now!

April is hands down one of the most talented florists I've had the pleasure to work with. She made my wedding dreams come true and provided everything and more than I could have ever envisioned for our day. She was so sweet and nice throughout the whole process, just an overall great person providing amazing services! 11/10 recommend!!!! Hire her for all of your florist needs

Wildflower Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind review! Loved working with you and your Mom! You guys really had a classy wedding and I enjoyed being a big part of your day. Best of luck to you in the future! APRIL
    Ashley H. Married on 12/07/2019

Amazing to work with!

April with Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farms was amazing to work with for my wedding flowers. I went to April with some ideas but she was so helpful in finalizing my vision, especially with something I knew little about. Her ideas were unique and beautiful. Her flowers and arrangements went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. She knew my venue well which was a huge help too. She set everything up with plenty of time to spare. April also has a ton in her collection that was able to rent from her making the process stress-free. I cannot recommend her enough!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful blooms!

April and her team did my flowers for my 10.12.19 wedding at Walker's Overlook and they did not disappoint! At my first meeting with April, she came up with tons of great flower ideas that went with the vibe I had in mind for the wedding. Since she had worked at my venue before, she gave great recommendations as to where to put flowers in the ceremony and reception space. She then sent a super detailed proposal with pricing and stayed within my budget. And everything came out beautifully! I would highly recommend April and her team for your wedding bloom needs!

Photos by: https://www.greygardencreative.com
    Alison A. Married on 10/12/2019

Creative Genius with Gorgeous Flowers!

I had the joy of working with April for my wedding. I sat down with her at our first meeting thinking I knew what I wanted, then sticker shock happened. April worked with me to get within my budget and came up with very creative ideas that made my wedding absolutely stunning. She had great ideas on how to repurpose things and how to make things look good without upping the price. She is so creative and super easy to work with, I would recommend her to anyone! Thanks April!

Wildflower Weddings's reply:

You are so welcome! Loved how your wedding turned out! The moon gate was soooo pretty and you guys looked great! It was all my pleasure. APRIL
    Katelin Married on 06/29/2019
    April was so great to work with! I showed up to my first meeting with her with a mess of color swatches, dress picks, and Instagram pictures of bouquets. I wasn't even entirely sure of what I wanted, but as we went through my colors and the pieces that I liked and pulled out specific flowers, greenery, and plants she really helped me in pulling it together. She was very flexible with changes I asked for and provided updated quotes promtly. She was by far the lowest quote we got for the amount of flowers we received. She had great suggestions for me and broke everything down flower by flower. I couldn't have been happier with the results! They were amazing bouquets! She got everything I had pictured (from my haphazard presentation that I gave her)...but better!
  • Krystal
    Krystal Married on 05/25/2019

Creative, friendly, personable, beautiful work

We really enjoyed working with April. Her creativity, personality and passion really come through. Her design and quote process is easy to follow and well documented. We were able to give her design quote to our day of coordinator so the coordinator knew exactly how to repurpose our flowers. She is a great value for what we paid. We loved her design and creativity. It was different and fun. We received a lot of compliments on our flowers and flower choice.

April worked really hard for us from setup to take down. We are so glad we hired her. We highly recommend April.
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Married on 05/18/2019

The most beautiful flowers ever!

April is amazing! I got so many compliments on the flowers at my wedding. She has such a vision, eye for detail and completely deigned such beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres, center pieces, my sweetheart table and so much more! I even gave her all the signs I wanted set up for cocktail hour and she took it upon herself to set everything up for me. She is so kind and so fun to work with and she is very mindful of your budget. I wanted a lot of flowers, but didn't want to spend a crazy amount. She came up with ways to reuse all the flowers that were used in my ceremony; they were all used in some way at the reception and/or cocktail hour. April is the best and made my wedding flower dreams come true!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 05/10/2019

Most amazing part of our wedding!

Flowers were easily one of my absolute favorite parts of the day and that's saying something because it was the perfect day! April truly brought my vision to life a million times better than I could have ever imagined. She has the coolest, laid back style and makes beautiful, unique pieces. She was SO easy to work with and clearly knows what she's doing. My planner and I had a million requests for her- we put flowers, garland and greenery everywhere! Seriously everywhere, April did bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, church flowers, cake flowers, tent hangings, greenery on our seating chart, two backdrops and tent entrance, a wreath for the dog, the cutest hoops for flower girls, and the most amazing boho flower crown of my dreams, complete with feather accents. April made it all happen like it was a breeze for her. Also need to mention everyone told me over and over to expect flowers to be the most expensive part of the day but the prices were more than reasonable for the gorgeous work she did. I was so pleased with the cost and cannot recommend her highly enough! I received so many compliments and even both companies preserving my flowers said they have never seen such a unique bouquet (they rarely have sage, which I think is the coolest thing ever)! I wish I could include a picture of every single thing here but there's so many, go look at her Instagram for more beautiful work but also, just hire her!!! You will NOT regret it.
  • Laine
    Laine Married on 02/17/2019

Completely amazing!

April is a floral genius. End of story. She made all of my floral dreams come true, made my vision come to life, and much more. April was incredible to work with and brainstorm ideas. I had this vision to create an arch for my wedding on the venue's windows and April made it better than the inspiration picture. My bouquet was to die for and my bridesmaids' bouquets were equally as gorgeous. Not to mention, April and her crew helped to set up/clean-up. They were efficient and made the space beyond magical. I do not have enough good things to say!
  • Samantha
    Samantha K. Married on 12/31/2018

April is a visionary!

April was so wonderful to work with for my wedding. She is so upbeat and positive that you can’t help but get excited about flowers when you meet her. April is really great at working within a budget while still delivering absolutely beautiful floral arrangements. I also emailed her several times throughout the year and made changes and every time she just said, “no problem!” When our day came, I trusted April completely to make any last minute changes if needed. In the end, our flowers were absolutely beautiful, our rentals were perfect, and we stayed within a really reasonable budget. April’s creativity, work ethic, and positive attitude made all of the difference in our wedding design. Thank you April!
  • Bora
    Bora Married on 11/24/2018

Best florist of all time!

April is PHENOMENAL. I don't even know where to begin..

First of all, she is the most adorable person ever with the best style. She is truly so talented and her creativity blows my mind. On top of all this, she is kind, fun, and full of energy.

April delivered everything I wanted AND SO MUCH MORE. Not only does she supply the flowers for your event, but she comes and decorates for you too. When she told me this, I was sold. If you ever stop by Velvet Lounge or her office, you know that both those spaces are so beautifully decorated.

I went back and forth several times on colors and April was super accommodating each time. I also had a huge fiasco with my venue happen less than 16 hours before go time. I immediately called April and she calmed me down and on the day of, did everything she could to accommodate the change and even added extra candles and decorations to make the space look that much better.

April- THANK YOU, Tim and Kelsey for everything that you all did! Your team is amazing and I will be forever grateful to have worked with such a great team of people!

10/10 recommend Bend in the River Farm!!

Wildflower Weddings's reply:

Bora! Thanks so much for the nice review! I'm so happy we were able to deliver 110%. You were great to work with and we wish you the best of luck in the new year ahead!
  • Fallon
    Fallon Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful Flowers!

We got married this November and April was absolutely wonderful to work with! The flowers for our ceremony and reception were absolutely gorgeous and exactly how I had envisioned. The flower organizer she used was extremely helpful while determining what my wedding vision was and she was very accommodating with the several changes we made. I highly recommend using April as your florist!
    Lisa Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful Flowers

The flowers were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. April was amazing to work with and was able to stay within my budget.
  • Lisa
    Lisa Married on 10/13/2018

Dramatic Fall Colors and Incredible Floral Artists

April is a visionary and managed to help me develop my fragmented array of ideas into the most beautiful floral designs that truly made me gasp when I saw them. If you are reading this and you need someone to help you shape your hundreds of Pinterest ideas into the perfect wedding arrangements and decor, then go to April! I can't believe what she managed to create with our budget. Every little detail was special, from the beautiful wire cuffs for the mothers and grandmothers corsages to the twine wrapped boutonnieres. My bouquet was my absolute favorite, I told April I wanted dramatic deep plums and reds with gorgeous greenery and she delivered all that and more. Flowers and greenery can do so much to add a finishing touch onto anything and the small addition of smilax vines on signs and on the fireplace mantel completed our rustic fall wedding. A huge thank you to April and Kelsey!

Lisa!
    Thank you so much for the kind review! Loved loved your wedding bouquet as well! It was so romantic! Hope you are having a wonderful New Year with your new husband and extended family! Best of luck to you both!
    Hannah Married on 10/06/2018

Great Florist

We used Wildflower Weddings for my daughter's wedding, April and Tim were great to work with. April met with us a few times and was very patient as we made changes and picked the perfect arrangements. We showed her photos of what we wanted and she put her talents to work delivering a beautiful product. On the wedding day Tim delivered the flowers and decorated the arch and centerpieces perfectly. Looking for the perfect flowers for your special day Wildflower Weddings is the place. Couldn't ask for a better team!
    Kayla Married on 09/30/2018
    April is a gem to work with and she knows exactly what she’s doing. I can’t tell you how many times I emailed her and changed my mind even two weeks before the wedding. She has a vision and she rocks it. Everything came out better then I ever expected. I can not thank her enough. She’s a rockstar.