Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm Reviews

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 5
Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 6
Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 7

Katelin · Married on 06/29/2019

April was so great to work with! I showed up to my first meeting with her with a mess of color swatches, dress picks, and Instagram pictures of bouquets. I wasn't even entirely sure of what I wanted, but as we went through my colors and the pieces that I liked and pulled out specific flowers, greenery, and plants she really helped me in pulling it together. She was very flexible with changes I asked for and provided updated quotes promtly. She was by far the lowest quote we got for the amount of flowers we received. She had great suggestions for me and broke everything down flower by flower. I couldn't have been happier with the results! They were amazing bouquets! She got everything I had pictured (from my haphazard presentation that I gave her)...but better!

Sent on 11/21/2016
  • Krystal

Krystal G · Married on 05/25/2019

Creative, friendly, personable, beautiful work

We really enjoyed working with April. Her creativity, personality and passion really come through. Her design and quote process is easy to follow and well documented. We were able to give her design quote to our day of coordinator so the coordinator knew exactly how to repurpose our flowers. She is a great value for what we paid. We loved her design and creativity. It was different and fun. We received a lot of compliments on our flowers and flower choice.

April worked really hard for us from setup to take down. We are so glad we hired her. We highly recommend April.

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 05/18/2019

The most beautiful flowers ever!

April is amazing! I got so many compliments on the flowers at my wedding. She has such a vision, eye for detail and completely deigned such beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres, center pieces, my sweetheart table and so much more! I even gave her all the signs I wanted set up for cocktail hour and she took it upon herself to set everything up for me. She is so kind and so fun to work with and she is very mindful of your budget. I wanted a lot of flowers, but didn't want to spend a crazy amount. She came up with ways to reuse all the flowers that were used in my ceremony; they were all used in some way at the reception and/or cocktail hour. April is the best and made my wedding flower dreams come true!

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 8
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 9
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/10/2019

Most amazing part of our wedding!

Flowers were easily one of my absolute favorite parts of the day and that's saying something because it was the perfect day! April truly brought my vision to life a million times better than I could have ever imagined. She has the coolest, laid back style and makes beautiful, unique pieces. She was SO easy to work with and clearly knows what she's doing. My planner and I had a million requests for her- we put flowers, garland and greenery everywhere! Seriously everywhere, April did bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, church flowers, cake flowers, tent hangings, greenery on our seating chart, two backdrops and tent entrance, a wreath for the dog, the cutest hoops for flower girls, and the most amazing boho flower crown of my dreams, complete with feather accents. April made it all happen like it was a breeze for her. Also need to mention everyone told me over and over to expect flowers to be the most expensive part of the day but the prices were more than reasonable for the gorgeous work she did. I was so pleased with the cost and cannot recommend her highly enough! I received so many compliments and even both companies preserving my flowers said they have never seen such a unique bouquet (they rarely have sage, which I think is the coolest thing ever)! I wish I could include a picture of every single thing here but there's so many, go look at her Instagram for more beautiful work but also, just hire her!!! You will NOT regret it.

Sent on 06/05/2019
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 16
  • Laine

Laine · Married on 02/17/2019

Completely amazing!

April is a floral genius. End of story. She made all of my floral dreams come true, made my vision come to life, and much more. April was incredible to work with and brainstorm ideas. I had this vision to create an arch for my wedding on the venue's windows and April made it better than the inspiration picture. My bouquet was to die for and my bridesmaids' bouquets were equally as gorgeous. Not to mention, April and her crew helped to set up/clean-up. They were efficient and made the space beyond magical. I do not have enough good things to say!

Sent on 03/12/2019
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 17
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 18
  • Samantha

Samantha Kanekuni · Married on 12/31/2018

April is a visionary!

April was so wonderful to work with for my wedding. She is so upbeat and positive that you can’t help but get excited about flowers when you meet her. April is really great at working within a budget while still delivering absolutely beautiful floral arrangements. I also emailed her several times throughout the year and made changes and every time she just said, “no problem!” When our day came, I trusted April completely to make any last minute changes if needed. In the end, our flowers were absolutely beautiful, our rentals were perfect, and we stayed within a really reasonable budget. April’s creativity, work ethic, and positive attitude made all of the difference in our wedding design. Thank you April!

Sent on 01/18/2019
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 19
  • Fallon

Fallon · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful Flowers!

We got married this November and April was absolutely wonderful to work with! The flowers for our ceremony and reception were absolutely gorgeous and exactly how I had envisioned. The flower organizer she used was extremely helpful while determining what my wedding vision was and she was very accommodating with the several changes we made. I highly recommend using April as your florist!

Sent on 12/15/2018
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 20
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 21

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful Flowers

The flowers were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. April was amazing to work with and was able to stay within my budget.

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 22
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/13/2018

Dramatic Fall Colors and Incredible Floral Artists

April is a visionary and managed to help me develop my fragmented array of ideas into the most beautiful floral designs that truly made me gasp when I saw them. If you are reading this and you need someone to help you shape your hundreds of Pinterest ideas into the perfect wedding arrangements and decor, then go to April! I can't believe what she managed to create with our budget. Every little detail was special, from the beautiful wire cuffs for the mothers and grandmothers corsages to the twine wrapped boutonnieres. My bouquet was my absolute favorite, I told April I wanted dramatic deep plums and reds with gorgeous greenery and she delivered all that and more. Flowers and greenery can do so much to add a finishing touch onto anything and the small addition of smilax vines on signs and on the fireplace mantel completed our rustic fall wedding. A huge thank you to April and Kelsey!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 23
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 24
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 25
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 26
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 27

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm's reply:

Lisa!
    Thank you so much for the kind review! Loved loved your wedding bouquet as well! It was so romantic! Hope you are having a wonderful New Year with your new husband and extended family! Best of luck to you both!

Hannah · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Florist

We used Wildflower Weddings for my daughter's wedding, April and Tim were great to work with. April met with us a few times and was very patient as we made changes and picked the perfect arrangements. We showed her photos of what we wanted and she put her talents to work delivering a beautiful product. On the wedding day Tim delivered the flowers and decorated the arch and centerpieces perfectly. Looking for the perfect flowers for your special day Wildflower Weddings is the place. Couldn't ask for a better team!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Kayla · Married on 09/30/2018

April is a gem to work with and she knows exactly what she’s doing. I can’t tell you how many times I emailed her and changed my mind even two weeks before the wedding. She has a vision and she rocks it. Everything came out better then I ever expected. I can not thank her enough. She’s a rockstar.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 28

Alexa · Married on 09/15/2018

Highly Recommend Wildflower Weddings

I highly recommend Wildflower Weddings! I was having trouble finding a florist in the Northern Virginia area that matched the loose and organic style I wanted. After coming across Wildflower Weddings, I decided to take a chance, and I could not be more pleased with the results. The process was easy - I sent April my Pinterest board and she sent back a proposal. When I was uncertain about a few of the flowers she proposed, she went as far to send me pictures of the actual flowers from the farm she would be using. Great customer service! The final result matched the vibe and style I wanted and everyone loved the flowers! April was easy to communicate with and her prices were very reasonable for the area. She even worked with me when the original proposal was over my budget. Highly recommend to any bride!

Sent on 10/20/2018
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 29
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 30
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/07/2018

April was recommended by our wedding caterer, and I am so happy with everything. She worked with our (pretty low) budget, offering more affordable greenery options and letting us know realistically what we could and could not do. She even offered to re-use the garland on the altar for our head table, so we saved even more money that way. The flowers and the set up were gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The only thing that was hard was that she was difficult to reach via email at times, and it took calling her on the phone to get a response. But that seemed to work well.

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Beth & David

Beth · Married on 08/25/2018

Couldn’t be happier!!

April and her team at Bend in the River Farms completely blew my expectations away at our wedding this past summer. During the consultation, I was surprised with how much time April took to really sit down and work with our vision as well as our budget. Our flowers were STUNNING and I still look at pictures of them and want to cry with how much beauty they added to our wedding day. Not to mention, April is literally the sweetest person to be around and have the pleasure of working with! Thank you!!

Sent on 01/20/2019

amanda · Married on 05/18/2018

April is simply amazing.
    She is an artist through and through. She worked with my budget and delivered everything I asked for and more. We had a few last minute changes due to the weather and April was right there with suggestions. She was able to really bring everything together with her attention to detail. I loved looking back at my photos of my wedding and noticing all the little things she took the time to set up. Not only is she amazingly talented, but her personality really made the whole process thoroughly enjoyable. Bottom line...April is a rockstar and anyone would be lucky to have her involved in their event.

Sent on 06/14/2018
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 31
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 32
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 33
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 34

Kristina · Married on 05/12/2018

I absolutely loved working with April at Wildflower Weddings! As soon as we had our initial meeting, I knew she was the perfect florist for me. She did a fantastic job with my wedding flowers and was able to work within my budget.

I told her the look and feel I wanted, and she was able to take that and make my floral dreams come true. She also provided a list of what kind of flowers she was thinking of using, which was great because although I wouldn't see the bouquets til day of, I knew they would be exactly what I was looking for. She also made a gorgeous flower piece for my hair that was everything I wanted.

She also thinks about EVERYTHING. As we were talking flowers, she made a ton of great suggestions on areas to add flowers to and ways we could "recycle" the ceremony flowers as reception decor. She is very responsive, a master at her craft, and an overall great vendor to work with, I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 35
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 36

Hillary · Married on 05/12/2018

April is the real deal. From the first time she meets with you, she really gets a sense of what you're looking for and knows the perfect flowers or greenery to get it done. We went through several rounds of edits and tweaks - April was always willing to accommodate and make suggestions along the way. Our wedding day florals (centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, everything) couldn't have been more perfect! Do yourself a favor and hire April who is an expert and so fun to work with :-)

Sent on 06/25/2018
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 37
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 38
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 39

Haley · Married on 04/21/2018

My flowers were my FAVORITE part of my wedding! April was a delight to work with. From the start, she understood the exact look I was going for, and was able to make my flowers look amazing on a budget. On the day of our wedding, she made sure everything looked perfect. I could not recommend Wildflower Weddings more highly to any bride and groom in the area.

Sent on 05/24/2018
  • Marlee

Marlee · Married on 04/14/2018

Succulent bouquets

April is amazing (and that is an understatement). I walked into my first appointment knowing I love succulents and knowing that they are expensive. April helped me figure out where to save and splurge and helped me pick out my other flowers (and now I also love ranunculus).
    April sent a spreadsheet and a document with images of what I wanted my flowers to look like. They were so clear and easy to understand.
    April allowed us to drop off our decor with her before the wedding and she set everything up for us. I am so grateful that I could spend my time on my wedding day with family and friends instead of decorating.
    As an aside, my dad recently reached out to April to request flowers for my grandmother's funeral. They were gorgeous and unique, and it meant the world to our family.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm's reply:

Marlee thanks so much for the kind review! SO glad your family liked the funeral arrangements too. Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of your wedding day and thanks so much for reaching back out to me to help with the arrangements for your grandmother. Best of luck to you and please let me know if you ever need anything else! APRIL

Brittany · Married on 12/30/2017

April + team are such a phenomenal group to work with! From the first time I met with April, she immediately understood my vision, and was very flexible with our flower budget. My wedding bouquet was the most beautiful flower arrangement I have ever seen. She sent my husband and I a super detailed breakdown of everything, and remained organized through the entire process. I even threw some last minute changes at her and she never bat an eye! If you're looking for someone who is easy to work with, organized, fun, and has a unique vision - then I HIGHLY recommend Wildflower Weddings @ Bend in the River Farm.

Sent on 01/22/2018

Madelyn · Married on 12/02/2017

April was great to work with! I sent her a request of items I wanted with pictures and budget and she sent me a proposal back with EXACTLY what I asked for! I did not even need to make any edits. The only negative was that the flowers were about 30 minutes late the day of the wedding, BUT this ended up not being a big deal as we just took other pictures first. I only mention it because I know this could be a bigger issue for some people. The quality of the product was even better than the pictures and April upgraded the items that she did not think were sufficient when she put together the arrangements. Everyone commented on how beautiful our bouquets were.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Maggie · Married on 11/18/2017

April is so creative and friendly, she was just what I was looking for in a wedding florist. She took my small scale ideas and made them into beautiful masterpieces. She can do anything, and will do it with a flare you never could imagine. 10/10 recommend this vendor!!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Kristin · Married on 09/09/2017

April has a way of understanding and executing your vision even if you don’t know exactly what your vision is. She was so helpful during our in person planning meeting! Within an hour we had a full plan put together and it was amazing! If you can’t meet in person, don’t worry! She will work with you over email as well. She provides a breakdown of costs to help with your budgeting and her prices are very reasonable. She’s such a fun easy-going person to work with and all of the flowers were absolutely gorgeous! I highly recommend this true artist!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Tracey · Married on 09/03/2017

April made the perfect bouquets for our wedding. The flowers were so beautiful and totally matched our whimsical romantic theme. She's an artist! Love her work and loved working with her!

Sent on 09/30/2017