Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm Reviews

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 7
  • Samantha

Samantha Kanekuni · Married on 12/31/2018

April is a visionary!

April was so wonderful to work with for my wedding. She is so upbeat and positive that you can’t help but get excited about flowers when you meet her. April is really great at working within a budget while still delivering absolutely beautiful floral arrangements. I also emailed her several times throughout the year and made changes and every time she just said, “no problem!” When our day came, I trusted April completely to make any last minute changes if needed. In the end, our flowers were absolutely beautiful, our rentals were perfect, and we stayed within a really reasonable budget. April’s creativity, work ethic, and positive attitude made all of the difference in our wedding design. Thank you April!

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 8
  • Fallon

Fallon · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful Flowers!

We got married this November and April was absolutely wonderful to work with! The flowers for our ceremony and reception were absolutely gorgeous and exactly how I had envisioned. The flower organizer she used was extremely helpful while determining what my wedding vision was and she was very accommodating with the several changes we made. I highly recommend using April as your florist!

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 9
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 10

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful Flowers

The flowers were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. April was amazing to work with and was able to stay within my budget.

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 11
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/13/2018

Dramatic Fall Colors and Incredible Floral Artists

April is a visionary and managed to help me develop my fragmented array of ideas into the most beautiful floral designs that truly made me gasp when I saw them. If you are reading this and you need someone to help you shape your hundreds of Pinterest ideas into the perfect wedding arrangements and decor, then go to April! I can't believe what she managed to create with our budget. Every little detail was special, from the beautiful wire cuffs for the mothers and grandmothers corsages to the twine wrapped boutonnieres. My bouquet was my absolute favorite, I told April I wanted dramatic deep plums and reds with gorgeous greenery and she delivered all that and more. Flowers and greenery can do so much to add a finishing touch onto anything and the small addition of smilax vines on signs and on the fireplace mantel completed our rustic fall wedding. A huge thank you to April and Kelsey!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 12
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 13
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 14
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 15
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 16

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm's reply:

Lisa!
    Thank you so much for the kind review! Loved loved your wedding bouquet as well! It was so romantic! Hope you are having a wonderful New Year with your new husband and extended family! Best of luck to you both!

Hannah · Married on 10/06/2018

Great Florist

We used Wildflower Weddings for my daughter's wedding, April and Tim were great to work with. April met with us a few times and was very patient as we made changes and picked the perfect arrangements. We showed her photos of what we wanted and she put her talents to work delivering a beautiful product. On the wedding day Tim delivered the flowers and decorated the arch and centerpieces perfectly. Looking for the perfect flowers for your special day Wildflower Weddings is the place. Couldn't ask for a better team!

Kayla · Married on 09/30/2018

April is a gem to work with and she knows exactly what she’s doing. I can’t tell you how many times I emailed her and changed my mind even two weeks before the wedding. She has a vision and she rocks it. Everything came out better then I ever expected. I can not thank her enough. She’s a rockstar.

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 17

Alexa · Married on 09/15/2018

Highly Recommend Wildflower Weddings

I highly recommend Wildflower Weddings! I was having trouble finding a florist in the Northern Virginia area that matched the loose and organic style I wanted. After coming across Wildflower Weddings, I decided to take a chance, and I could not be more pleased with the results. The process was easy - I sent April my Pinterest board and she sent back a proposal. When I was uncertain about a few of the flowers she proposed, she went as far to send me pictures of the actual flowers from the farm she would be using. Great customer service! The final result matched the vibe and style I wanted and everyone loved the flowers! April was easy to communicate with and her prices were very reasonable for the area. She even worked with me when the original proposal was over my budget. Highly recommend to any bride!

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 18
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 19
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 09/07/2018

April was recommended by our wedding caterer, and I am so happy with everything. She worked with our (pretty low) budget, offering more affordable greenery options and letting us know realistically what we could and could not do. She even offered to re-use the garland on the altar for our head table, so we saved even more money that way. The flowers and the set up were gorgeous. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. The only thing that was hard was that she was difficult to reach via email at times, and it took calling her on the phone to get a response. But that seemed to work well.

• Beth & David

Beth · Married on 08/25/2018

Couldn’t be happier!!

April and her team at Bend in the River Farms completely blew my expectations away at our wedding this past summer. During the consultation, I was surprised with how much time April took to really sit down and work with our vision as well as our budget. Our flowers were STUNNING and I still look at pictures of them and want to cry with how much beauty they added to our wedding day. Not to mention, April is literally the sweetest person to be around and have the pleasure of working with! Thank you!!

amanda · Married on 05/18/2018

April is simply amazing.
    She is an artist through and through. She worked with my budget and delivered everything I asked for and more. We had a few last minute changes due to the weather and April was right there with suggestions. She was able to really bring everything together with her attention to detail. I loved looking back at my photos of my wedding and noticing all the little things she took the time to set up. Not only is she amazingly talented, but her personality really made the whole process thoroughly enjoyable. Bottom line...April is a rockstar and anyone would be lucky to have her involved in their event.

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 20
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 21
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 22
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 23

Kristina · Married on 05/12/2018

I absolutely loved working with April at Wildflower Weddings! As soon as we had our initial meeting, I knew she was the perfect florist for me. She did a fantastic job with my wedding flowers and was able to work within my budget.

I told her the look and feel I wanted, and she was able to take that and make my floral dreams come true. She also provided a list of what kind of flowers she was thinking of using, which was great because although I wouldn't see the bouquets til day of, I knew they would be exactly what I was looking for. She also made a gorgeous flower piece for my hair that was everything I wanted.

She also thinks about EVERYTHING. As we were talking flowers, she made a ton of great suggestions on areas to add flowers to and ways we could "recycle" the ceremony flowers as reception decor. She is very responsive, a master at her craft, and an overall great vendor to work with, I highly recommend her!

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 24
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 25

Hillary · Married on 05/12/2018

April is the real deal. From the first time she meets with you, she really gets a sense of what you're looking for and knows the perfect flowers or greenery to get it done. We went through several rounds of edits and tweaks - April was always willing to accommodate and make suggestions along the way. Our wedding day florals (centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres, everything) couldn't have been more perfect! Do yourself a favor and hire April who is an expert and so fun to work with :-)

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 26
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 27
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 28

Haley · Married on 04/21/2018

My flowers were my FAVORITE part of my wedding! April was a delight to work with. From the start, she understood the exact look I was going for, and was able to make my flowers look amazing on a budget. On the day of our wedding, she made sure everything looked perfect. I could not recommend Wildflower Weddings more highly to any bride and groom in the area.

• Marlee

Marlee · Married on 04/14/2018

Succulent bouquets

April is amazing (and that is an understatement). I walked into my first appointment knowing I love succulents and knowing that they are expensive. April helped me figure out where to save and splurge and helped me pick out my other flowers (and now I also love ranunculus).
    April sent a spreadsheet and a document with images of what I wanted my flowers to look like. They were so clear and easy to understand.
    April allowed us to drop off our decor with her before the wedding and she set everything up for us. I am so grateful that I could spend my time on my wedding day with family and friends instead of decorating.
    As an aside, my dad recently reached out to April to request flowers for my grandmother's funeral. They were gorgeous and unique, and it meant the world to our family.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm's reply:

Marlee thanks so much for the kind review! SO glad your family liked the funeral arrangements too. Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of your wedding day and thanks so much for reaching back out to me to help with the arrangements for your grandmother. Best of luck to you and please let me know if you ever need anything else! APRIL

Brittany · Married on 12/30/2017

April + team are such a phenomenal group to work with! From the first time I met with April, she immediately understood my vision, and was very flexible with our flower budget. My wedding bouquet was the most beautiful flower arrangement I have ever seen. She sent my husband and I a super detailed breakdown of everything, and remained organized through the entire process. I even threw some last minute changes at her and she never bat an eye! If you're looking for someone who is easy to work with, organized, fun, and has a unique vision - then I HIGHLY recommend Wildflower Weddings @ Bend in the River Farm.

Madelyn · Married on 12/02/2017

April was great to work with! I sent her a request of items I wanted with pictures and budget and she sent me a proposal back with EXACTLY what I asked for! I did not even need to make any edits. The only negative was that the flowers were about 30 minutes late the day of the wedding, BUT this ended up not being a big deal as we just took other pictures first. I only mention it because I know this could be a bigger issue for some people. The quality of the product was even better than the pictures and April upgraded the items that she did not think were sufficient when she put together the arrangements. Everyone commented on how beautiful our bouquets were.

Maggie · Married on 11/18/2017

April is so creative and friendly, she was just what I was looking for in a wedding florist. She took my small scale ideas and made them into beautiful masterpieces. She can do anything, and will do it with a flare you never could imagine. 10/10 recommend this vendor!!!

Kristin · Married on 09/09/2017

April has a way of understanding and executing your vision even if you don’t know exactly what your vision is. She was so helpful during our in person planning meeting! Within an hour we had a full plan put together and it was amazing! If you can’t meet in person, don’t worry! She will work with you over email as well. She provides a breakdown of costs to help with your budgeting and her prices are very reasonable. She’s such a fun easy-going person to work with and all of the flowers were absolutely gorgeous! I highly recommend this true artist!

Tracey · Married on 09/03/2017

April made the perfect bouquets for our wedding. The flowers were so beautiful and totally matched our whimsical romantic theme. She's an artist! Love her work and loved working with her!

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 29
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

Ashley is an artist. I already had a vision in mind, but wasn’t sure how to execute it. I wanted something simple for the ceremony, mostly greenery and decorations for a wooden arche that my venue provided. It wasn’t much, but Ashley immediately knew how to make my vision a reality. I showed her a few photos and she was quickly able to give me a quote and suggestions of what would look best. She is extremely flexible and did not push me to get anymore than what I wanted or needed. She was extremely timely, and so easy to work with.

Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 30
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 31
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 32
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 33
    Wildflower Weddings at Bend in the River Farm 34

Lexi · Married on 07/02/2017

The flowers were AMAZINGLY beautiful, April and her team did an incredible job putting my vision together. The flowers and centerpieces were stunning and she was so easy to work with, and very reasonably priced.

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

I was so happy to have April as my florist! Our wedding was in June of 2017, and we met for the first time to discuss in December 2016. April reviewed my inspiration photos and worked them directly into the flower contract to make sure the flowers were what I wanted. She worked within my budget to provide everything I wanted. April even did research on her own to find wooden rounds to complete my centerpieces. We met with April in advance to drop off supplies, and she set everything up on the day of the wedding - above and beyond what I expected! Most importantly the flowers she provided were absolutely gorgeous and were exactly what I wanted. The bouquets really popped in photos and the reception area was beautifully decorated. I was so happy with what April put together and she is wonderful to work with - I cannot recommend her enough!

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2017

April is the florist you want. Trust me! If you find a photo of something you love - she'll replicate it identically. If you are having trouble coming up with a look, she will come up with a plan that blows you away! She's not your average florist. I felt as if I had a wedding planner/decorator as well. She is such a visionary, patient, accommodating, timely, and just such a sweet person. I must have changed my mind a million times but April took all my changes into consideration and helped me create the look I was trying to achieve all along. She'll give you a breakdown of everything so you know exactly where your money is going and most of all you can rest easy on your wedding day knowing it will be extremely beautiful and the florals will go off without a hitch!

Susanna · Married on 05/06/2017

I came in with a difficult task for April- I told her that I didn't really have a vision for the flowers, but that I didn't love roses. She came up with a beautiful vision and created the best flowers for my wedding that I could have ever imagined! In talking things over with her, she thought of every area where I might need flowers and designed them based on my needs and preferences. I seriously could not recommend her more! Absolutely stunning work and an incredible personality made our wedding day that much more special!