Wild Poppy Reviews

31 | Georgetown, TX

31 Reviews for Wild Poppy

3.0

Amazingly helpful with decorating the ceremony and reception!! We wanted string lights in a place where we were not able to tape, nail, or tack. Rebecca was amazing and figured out how to get them up magnetically! The flowers were beautiful!!

Sent on 01/13/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/01/2011

4.2
      2.5

Wild Poppy was my florist for my wedding. The flowers turned out absolutely gorgeous! When we first met, she walked through a questionnaire to get a feel for what type of wedding my husband and I envisioned. I had a few ideas in mind for the centerpieces but also let Rebecca come up with some of her own ideas. She emailed me sketches of centerpieces that she thought I would like and they were absolutely spot on and even better than what I wanted! They also turned out gorgeous on our wedding day! I was so impressed with how she was able to piece together my description of the type of wedding I wanted and create arrangements that were absolutely beautiful!

When I arrived at the wedding venue, everything was already set up. The centerpieces were complete, the wedding bouquets were waiting in the brides room in vases, and the flower girl's wreath, boutonnieres and mother's courages were neatly boxed and in the appropriate room.

My only complaint about Wily Poppy is response time with communications. Because she is such a great florist, she's extremely busy and communication is not always timely. There were a few emails that I sent that did not receive a response for a couple of weeks, sometimes longer. Being a bride dealing with the stress of planning a wedding, a delayed response is not ideal.

Overall, Wild Poppy is reasonably priced for the gorgeous arrangements they provide. If you're a high-stress bride who needs to receive responses back immediately, Wild Poppy might not be ideal. But if you're ultimately concerned with having a florist who exceeds your expectations in floral arrangements, then Wild Poppy is a perfect fit!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Allie · Married on 05/17/2014

4.2

Wild Poppy was great! Rebecca found the most beautiful peonies for my wedding day and was on hand to help the ENTIRE day. Book her!

Sent on 10/22/2014

3.6
      3.0

We used wild poppy as our florist and the flowers were BEAUTIFUL. Could not have asked for a better florist. I was a little concerned because I had not heard from them too much before the wedding, but when it came down to it Rebecca hit the nail right on the head and the flowers were exactly what I had envisioned!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Kristopher · Married on 03/30/2014

3.4
      3.0

Overall, we were very satisfied with the day-of work performed by Rebecca and her team at Wild Poppy. Rebecca is very pleasant and personable. They did a very nice job on the sweetheart table, which was draped with moss and flowers, and the cocktail table centerpieces they created were lovely.

Our pain points were:

1. Communication. Although we booked our date with an employee of Poppy within days of our engagement in July, we had to chase after them 7 months later to get things moving. The original employee who booked us was suddenly not available to talk or meet with us, leaving everything up in the air as late as 30 days before the ceremony, which gave us only a week or two to get everything settled, starting again from scratch. It was very stressful and disappointing. Also, they provided a complimentary a toss bouquet on the day of the wedding - but neglected to tell anyone where it was before they left. The first time we actually saw it was in photos of a side table, a month after the wedding.

2. Lateness. They arrived 40 minutes late on our wedding day.

3. Not providing the correct flowers/colors for the bridal bouquet. One of the most disappointing things was that the bridal bouquet was not the right color. It was supposed to be a mixture of white and purple floral, but it was all white instead. Poppy apparently was unhappy with the purple flowers they received from their grower, and decided to omit them completely, without telling us before hand. I understand that you can't guarentee the exact look of a flower, but another purple flower could have been used to maintain the desired look. We would have appreciated it if they had simply called us to ask what we wanted, instead of deciding on their own to change the bouquet. An all-ivory bouquet against an ivory dress lacked the color we were going for, and made for boring photos. Disappointing.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Staci · Married on 06/02/2012

2.4
      3.5
      1.5
      2.0

It's very hard to rate this company. Leading up to the wedding I enjoyed her vision, friendliness, responsiveness, etc. Everything was great.
    The day of the wedding I look out the window at the venue and see her and her partner literarily running around because they still had so much to do (this was 1 hour before the vows!). My parents were asking if they needed any help, etc. They got the bulk of everything finished but many things were done only barely. The memory table was not finished. Photos were on it but it had no table cloth and wasn't arranged at all. The favor table was not set up other than to simply put the favors on it, which was not what was agreed upon. Basically I still had boxes of things that I had given them, told them what and where it was going (also it was clearly labeled) and they assured me they would get it all done and had never seen a bride as organized as me and how easy I was making their life. But a lot of the things I gave them never made it out of the box.
    They may have floral and design skills but not time management.

Sent on 02/15/2013