Wilbur Studios Reviews

Wilbur Studios 5
Wilbur Studios 6
  • Jon

Jon Haines · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Awesome photography and really great guy

I found Wilbur Studious (Jason) through a wedding website and reviewed his portfolio and was very impressed. His understanding of how to take a gorgeous picture in complicated lighting situations is incredible. It also helps that he is an expert in getting his subjects in the right poses to take flattering pictures.

As a casual photographer I knew that having two lenses at the wedding was going to be a must, since the likelihood of getting a good shot doubles with two photographers. As a bonus the package that we ordered included an engagement session as well.

Jason was well organized, and very knowledgeable about helping us plan the order of events for the day to take advantage of the lighting for pictures. He really helped us put together a schedule that made the most sense based on the venue timing, and getting great pictures.

On the day of, him and his second lens Ryan showed up early to meet us. My wife says that Jason did a great job during the getting ready parts for her. Ryan his second lens did a really great job with the groomsmen and me, he even helped tie my tie.

One thing I hadn't realized until actually getting married is that on the day of your wedding, you will likely be having conversations with your photographer more so than anyone else that day. We can definitely say that we enjoyed spending a lot of time with Jason and Ryan during our wedding day. They are both really personable and calming people.

They also did a really great job helping advise us on scheduling things during the wedding and helping us stay pretty close to our planned timeline. Which really took a lot of the pressure off of the bride and myself to just enjoy the day.

Wilbur Studios provides excellent photography services at a very reasonable price. When it comes to wedding photography you definitely want to hire someone with a lot of experience, and fit that experience into your budget.

Sent on 04/25/2019

Tina · event on: 06/03/2018

We highly recommend Jason! He was very professional from the beginning to the end of our engagement photo session. He communicated well on how to prepare for the photos and was very timely with getting back to us when we had questions. On the day of, he was very easy to work with and made us comfortable. The photos turned out amazing!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Keson · Married on 03/09/2019

Talented photographer and all around good guy

Jason was seriously one of the best decisions we made throughout our entire wedding planning process. Not only is he super chill and easy to get along with, making the process completely nerve free, but he's beyond professional and very hands on from start to finish. From the first time we spoke with him, to the day of the wedding, we felt like we were in great hands and that's exactly who you want on your team during the craziness of your wedding day. What attracted us to him was his impressive skills and the quality of work in his photography, however, as a bonus, we were beyond impressed by how much direction and organization he had. As someone with high organization skills already, having someone that walked us through everything and made the best decisions for our day with us from the timeline, to pose direction, to various tips from his experience with weddings truly made our experience an amazing one. Our photos came out beautifully, quickly, and his website access is highly efficient. We love love love the quality of his photos and the editing he did. So many of our guests complimented his photo booth and the high quality of those photos as well. His assistants were professional and friendly making the day go by smoothly. We had so much fun with Jason and recommend him to anyone looking for a talented photographer and all around good guy to share your special day with.

Sent on 04/03/2019
    Wilbur Studios 7
    Wilbur Studios 8

Sarah · Married on 02/23/2019

Great Experience!

Jason and his assistant, Ryan were awesome. Our pictures are gorgeous and we got them weeks after the wedding. My bridesmaids loved taking pre-wedding photos and said they were the nicest photographers they had worked with and didn't make us do any awkward poses or stress anyone out by taking over the moment or rushing us. My parents said the family photo process was super seamless and quick and the photographers knew exactly what they were doing and what shots they wanted. You have to spend most of your wedding day with your photographer so you definitely want someone who you get along with and don't mind having around. Jason and Ryan were awesome!

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • Ashlyn

Ashlyn Pierce · Married on 11/01/2018

Beautiful, Romantic & Fun❤️

My husband and I hired Jason to shoot our very small, intimate wedding and we couldn't be happier with the pictures! Jason made it so comfortable and fun and was creative with our poses and positioning. He definitely puts a lot of thought into angles, lighting and capturing the true emotions of the moment. I am so proud to show these photos to my friends and family! I would absolutely rehire him in a heartbeat! Thanks Jason!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Suzette · Married on 10/12/2018

Best Photographer in San Diego!

Jason was an incredible photographer to work with. Since the beginning, he was professional and we felt he was trustworthy for our special day. He captured the best moments at the best angle. He is down to earth and great to work with and very creative. His pictures were high definition and were just spectacular. We would recommend him to anybody and we are looking forward to working with him again for future events/occasions.

Sent on 11/04/2018
    Wilbur Studios 9
  • Sean

Sean Couch · Married on 10/04/2018

Amazing wedding photos

Jason was great to work with & I would recommend him to anyone. He was punctual and worked with our timeline like a true professional. On top of everything he was so easy going & got along so well with everyone which was a huge factor. Getting our pictures from Jason was like Christmas morning. Every picture was just so above and beyond of our highest expectations. We can't say enough good things about him!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Joyce Nemer · Married on 09/29/2018

Engagement and Wedding Photography

I cannot thank Jason enough for all he’s done from our first meeting, to the engagement shoot, to the last minute of our wedding day! Jason is very friendly and professional. Listens to your needs/concerns and executes everything perfectly. He made our engagement shoot fun and guided us throughout the whole process. As for the day of the wedding, I only had a wedding coordinator for the reception and Jason followed a very seamless timeline where he took prep photos, first look, bridal party and family pictures and got us to church on time! I did not have to worry about anything or check the time even once! You cannot go wrong by choosing Wilbur Studios as your wedding photographer! Everything was executed professionally and perfectly and I couldn’t ask for more dreamy pictures! Jason, you are truly the best professional I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Jillian · Married on 08/04/2018

Jason at Wilbur Studios was prompt in his replies to my initial inquiry and all subsequent communication, which I appreciated! He helped with pre-event planning over the phone and by email so there were no questions or concerns leading up to the day. He was friendly, affordable, and most importantly - did great work! He was great with the kids in our group, and was sure to get all of the shots we were interested in while also being efficient, which was great! The photos turned out beautifully, and we were thankful that he captured our special day.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Janelle · Married on 06/02/2018

Jason was amazing! He made us feel very comfortable on the day of the wedding and during our engagement photo session.
    We met with a couple photographers before we decided on him, and we thought he would be the best person to handle our crazy family and friends. He is flexible and rolls with the punches! He was super helpful the day of the wedding.
    He was always quick to respond and we LOVE our photos!

I would definitively suggest him to everyone. For us - it was important to have a photographer that I was going to be comfortable around all day and when I was getting ready, and there was not a moment when I felt uncomfortable.

Thank you Jason for the great photos and helping make our wedding so special and memorable!!

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Wilbur Studios 10
    Wilbur Studios 11
    Wilbur Studios 12

Elizabeth · Married on 05/04/2018

Jason was great from first contact to delivering our wedding album and photos. Picking a photographer is tough with so many choices out there, but Jason is a great choice as he has experience in both videography and photography which allows him to capture things in ways other photographers might not. Everything was done professionally and we are happy with our photos.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Kelly · Married on 04/14/2018

Jason was a top notch photographer! Being a former event and wedding planner myself, I was very specific with what I wanted for my own wedding. Jason far exceeded my expectations and helped us to create the atmosphere we wanted while also capturing amazing pictures!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Annette · Married on 03/16/2018

Starting from our first meeting with Jason Wilbur all the way to our wedding day we experienced his professionalism, preparedness, clear communication, and his positive and proactive attitude! Jason’s communication is impeccable and you know you are in good hands with him! On our wedding day, Jason was in constant communication with us. We had some last minute photo requests and he accommodated them without any hesitation. We love his can-do attitude! We feel very fortunate to have found Jason Wilbur as our photographer for our wedding!

Sent on 04/02/2018

noah · Married on 02/10/2018

If we had to pick one word to discribe our experience with Jason it would be perfect! From start to finish Jason was amazing, and very helpful in the planning and execution of the entire day. His pictures are amazing, we are so happy with them and the album he created for us helps us relive the most amazing day of our lives! He is definitely the best choice for any photography needs you may have and his night pictures are amazing!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Meaghan · Married on 10/14/2017

Jason was an amazing photographer to work with! From the beginning Jason was so friendly, open to all our ideas, and took the time to answer all my questions. When picking a photographer who was going to be such an integral part of our wedding day, I wanted someone who I felt comfortable with and someone I knew had the experience and creativity to capture our special day. Jason was that person! I can't even begin to express how much I love our engagement and wedding photos. Thank you Wilbur Studios!!

Sent on 12/21/2017

joshua · Married on 10/01/2017

Jason is an A+ vendor from start to finish. WORK ETHIC & COMMUNICATION: Jason communicates clearly and effectively. Easy to work with and accommodating to our specific needs. His team was so professional yet totally friendly and fun throughout the process; made our wedding better, for sure. WHY WE CHOSE JASON: When deciding on a photographer, we wanted someone who deeply understood the best wedding moments. Jason has a history in videography for weddings before becoming an amazing wedding photographer. He captured the best moments of the wedding for us to remember forever. WHY WE WOULD CHOOSE WILBUR STUDIOS AGAIN: 100% chance these guys deliver excellent results. My wife and I had zero worries and all positive vibes.

Sent on 12/29/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

Choose Wilbur Studios!

Before we met Jason we were having a really difficult time choosing a wedding photographer. After all, you get one day and want someone to capture the moments and emotions. Once we met Jason and saw his work we immediately felt comfortable and are so happy we chose him! Jason took the time to get to know us and was able to capture all the moments of our wedding perfectly! It was so hard to choose our top photos for our album because they were all amazing. From day one, Jason was professional and had a great attitude. We loved working with Jason and highly recommend Wilbur Studios.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2017

When I set out to find a wedding photographer, I knew that this was an incredibly important decision because my wedding photos will help me relive my wedding day for many years to come. I can happily say that I am so glad I found Jason! When I first came across his website, I immediately loved his work and hoped he was available for my wedding day. I was in luck! I got such a great vibe from him from our first phone conversation. I was nervous to take our engagement photos (not a big fan of taking pictures), but I knew after our session that I would feel confident and comfortable on the big day. He helped me and my husband relax and have a good time; he really has an eye for capturing the fun and laughter we share along with the beautiful landscape. Not only does he take fantastic pictures, he was so incredibly easygoing and was always quick to answer any of my questions. When I got our wedding pictures, I was blown away and so happy with our photos! He captured the beauty of the venue along with the love and excitement of the day so wonderfully. My family and friends have raved about how gorgeous our photos were and I couldn’t be happier with them. Thanks Jason!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Kenneth · Married on 08/19/2017

Jason is a great photographer to work with. He is very responsive when communicating, and was very patient with us. He was also easy to work with when it came to scheduling and working out details. His attention to detail is a plus and didn't hesitate to share with us these detail and minute things that would affect the over all look of our photos.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/16/2017

I can't even put into words the gorgeous photos we got back from Jason shooting our engagement and wedding photos. He was so flexible meeting us when we needed to, visiting the ceremony/ reception site with us so he could get a feel for the area/ help us decide where everything should face to get the best photos. He is professional. And so friendly you feel like your with a friend not a strager which makes taking your photos way easier. He has such a creative mind to get great pictures of all the elements on your big day. I am so happy that we locked him down for our wedding because we now have gorgeous photos to go with our lasting memories.

Sent on 08/12/2017
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/06/2017

Jason is simply amazing!! He is professional, friendly, responsive, creative, and very talented. I was an AZ bride having a destination wedding so I was very nervous about planning a wedding out of state, but I didn't have to worry about a single thing when it came to Jason. I could tell from the moment I met him that I could trust him! I was very nervous for engagement pictures because I had never really been in front of a camera like that before, but Jason got us to let loose and by the end of the session I was more than ready for wedding pictures! On our wedding day he was early and ready to start. He did such a fantastic job. Even my family noticed and two weeks later are still raving about him. Thank you Jason for being an amazing part of our wedding day!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Michelle · Married on 01/28/2017

Jason was an amazing photographer, both with our engagement and wedding photos. We were very impressed by the style and uniqueness of photos taken, plus the quickness of getting our photos back (and our wedding album was absolutely gorgeous)! We had so much fun taking our photos, and we were so grateful Jason was able to work around our busy schedule! We definitely recommend him for any type of event!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Jerry · Married on 11/19/2016

If you've been stressing over trying to find an amazing photographer, have no fear. Your search is over. I must have emailed at least 20 different photographers and interviewed about 6 before I looked Jason up. He is very professional, but also really laid back and friendly, which is something that's hard to find. He was so accommodating to what we needed for our package and he even came all the way to Carlsbad to shoot our engagements, which was definitely out of his way. Not only did he shoot amazing photos, he created a timeline for us for the day of the wedding so every one knew where they needed to be at what time. This allowed us to enjoy our time leading up to the wedding without having to worry about coordinating everyone. Another thing.. Jason had never shot at our wedding location before so he made sure to schedule a walk through with us before the wedding. We picked out the spots we wanted to shoot since the garden was quite large. This was very helpful in that we avoided having to roam the gardens the day of trying to find a spot we liked. So on top of all the positives I've mentioned, his prices were too good to pass up. Plus the quality??? Forget about it! Jason was the absolute BEST and I am forever thankful for him beautifully capturing our day.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Tony · Married on 10/22/2016

Wilbur Studios is one of the best in the business and does not disappoint. Hiring Jason as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He is extremely professional yet personable. Jason’s friendliness and humor really sets him apart from other photographers. He makes you feel like an old friend is taking your photos. He truly knows how to make you feel comfortable in all of the pictures whether it’s just the engagement shoot or your big day!

From the moment we hired Jason as our photographer, we knew that he would be a great fit for us. He was always quick to respond to any e-mails or phone calls we had. Jason was also really helpful in coordinating all of the photo sessions and was accommodating to our busy schedules. As you can see from the examples on his website, Jason’s work speaks for itself. He has a natural talent and a great eye. Everything he shoots looks outstanding no matter what he’s photographing. As for our wedding, the pictures turned out absolutely fantastic! He also provided the photos with a really quick turnaround. Compared to other photographers we’ve heard about, Jason is like Michael Phelps. Super fast and high quality. For the price we paid for everything we almost feel like we were stealing from Jason. All in all, we cannot recommend Wilbur Studios enough. Thanks Jason for helping to capture our special day!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Julia · Married on 10/01/2016

Jason is great! He is easy to work with and the pictures were beautiful.

Sent on 11/11/2016