Wide Eyed Studios Reviews

Wide Eyed Studios 6
Wide Eyed Studios 7

Erin · Married on 11/10/2018

Stunning Work

Ashley did the photography for my brothers wedding and not only did we adore her product (absolutely gorgeous photos) but we also fell in love with Ashley herself. So was so nice throughout that whole process. So we were already sold and knew we wanted to utilize her as well. Could not be happier. She was so easy to work with. On the day of the wedding she was an absolute joy and we felt so comfortable saying what we wanted and didn't want . So receptive. and per usual her work is absolutely phenomenal. Blow away by the photos.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Letizia Mastrantoni · Married on 11/09/2018

true professional!

Ashley was the best photographer I have had the opportunity to work with. She was gracious yet straightforward. She knew what her clients wanted and made sure it happened. The photographs came out absolutely stunning. Highly recommend and as an added bonus, she travels!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Wide Eyed Studios 9
    Wide Eyed Studios 10

Laura · Married on 10/07/2017

Ashley is magnificent, in the truest sense of the word. She was by far the easiest vendor to work with from start to finish. Meet at a coffee shop? No problem! Discuss options until every question is answered? Sure! I know it's a year and a half until my wedding but I'm wondering about?!?! OK!

I love her unique style. She is able to capture every single moment with joy and color. We decided not to use a videographer and I am so glad - with Ashley around, you'll never forget anything about the big day. She knows how to set up family photos with ease and spends more quality time on the important, in-between moments. She has a fantastic eye (and Adam her shooting partner does too!!!). I now have gorgeous portraits of my family, friends, husband, and myself on one of the happiest days of my life.

Here's an added bonus that I didn't even anticipate - Ashley becomes your day-of-VIP-all-things-wedding-aficionado. She was prepared with snacks, water, and knew exactly how to navigate other people at our venue, in our wedding party, and the general public in order to keep us calm, cool, and collected.

Important note - she is not like other wedding photographers when it comes to turn around time. This is not negative! Don't expect your photos right after your wedding because she is working really hard to edit the RAW images so that you have the best quality product, not just whatever was on a digital camera. Trust me, IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.

Ashley became a friend over this wedding process and I cannot rave about her enough. If you don't book her, YOU'RE INSANE.

Sent on 03/03/2018
    Wide Eyed Studios 11

Michael · Married on 07/01/2017

A picture is worth a thousand words and for that reason, I won't spend the time on this review speaking to the quality of Ashley's work. Go see for yourself! Instead, I will tell you what you will also receive that you may not be aware of. We met with Ashley before hashing out many of our details and during our first meeting, Ashley helped us plot out a timeline. She used her wealth of knowledge and experience to really assist us with developing a framework for our schedule.

Leading up to the wedding, the forecast had been calling for rain. We were planning an outdoor ceremony at a waterfall but the venue had a rain contingency plan that was less than stellar. We were on the verge of becoming despondent about the weather but Ashley was so positive about the situation. Going so far as to explain that even if it rained we would still get amazing misty pictures and it would be fine. She was constantly reminding us what the real focus of the day was. She also advised us to stop looking at the weather because she’s seen it change at the drop of a hat. Sure enough, the morning of the wedding it was raining cats and dogs but cleared up with plenty of time to have our beautiful outdoor ceremony.

Ashley is also an astute observer. She is able to capture genuine moments that truly capture someone's essence. What I was not expecting was for this gift to be put to use in other ways as well. My fiance has had a difficult time with a few family members accepting him. Ashley was able to pick up on some of this and pulled me aside and let me know that if at any time I needed her to get him away from anyone that may be causing him turmoil, to give her a signal and she would pull him away for a photo-op. This one statement means the world and goes to show that her gift is equally matched with a passionate and caring heart.

Do yourself a favor and book Ashley for your events. You will not regret it!

Sent on 02/01/2018
    Wide Eyed Studios 12
    Wide Eyed Studios 13
    Wide Eyed Studios 14
    Wide Eyed Studios 15
    Wide Eyed Studios 16
    Wide Eyed Studios 17

Amanda · Married on 05/13/2017

Ashley is great--it's important for your photographer to have a calming, fun personality because they around for your whole wedding day! Ashley's photojournalist style let us enjoy our day while she caught stunning and candid photos.

Sent on 01/20/2018

Madelene · Married on 05/06/2017

Ashley was brilliant to work with and our photos are amazing as a result. Her work is colorful and creative. She has a great eye so you will end up with lovely photos taken in interesting places, and I guarantee everyone will LOVE them. We didn’t want too many formal photos - I think we did around 10 - but wanted to capture everyone having fun and that is exactly what Ashley did. Also she is a miracle worker as I think I look great in every photo :)

Sent on 01/15/2018
    Wide Eyed Studios 18
    Wide Eyed Studios 19
    Wide Eyed Studios 20

robin · Married on 05/14/2016

I could not have imagined anyone else shooting our wedding. Ashley and Rebecca are more like family to us, than hired vendors at our wedding. We love them and plan to have them document many of our life events over the years! It’s funny though, I did not find Ashley on the internet or through a website like this one. I was checking out a wedding at my chosen venue and was there as the bride and groom were being photographed after their first look, but before the wedding. Ashley was their photographer, and I noticed how she was setting up the pictures (I hadn’t even seen any of her pictures yet), and I really liked the way she approached her shots. The next week, I tracked down her contact info from the wedding venue and after meeting with her and seeing her portfolio, we knew that she was the perfect fit. Ashley and Rebecca make photography fun. They don’t just pose you, but focus on documenting you in the moment. We did a quick family shoot (separate from our wedding package) a year before our wedding and an engagement shoot a few months before the wedding. Both times, we were doing things we loved and the pictures show it. Ashley and Rebecca are able to capture the joy we felt in those moments and it radiates through in the photographs. They are also great with kids. Our son was at both the engagement shoot and family shoot and they did a great job making him feel comfortable (as well as encouraging his new love of photobombing) and even taught him a thing a two about taking pictures. As I write this review, I haven’t even seen all the pictures yet from our wedding; however, Ashley did post a few sneak peaks on Facebook and put together a video slideshow of some of her favorites. Oh. My. God. The pictures blew us all away and I felt like I had gone back in time and was reliving our wedding day. The pictures are fabulous. I love Ashley and Rebecca! You would be doing yourself a disservice by not having them shoot your wedding. They are the best!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Alice · Married on 04/08/2016

Ashley was absolutely amazing!!! Guests came up to me throughout the night and said that we chose a fantastic photographer. She did some staged photos to get the traditional photos that we wanted, but the rest of her photos were able to capture the character of our guests and our wedding. For the staged shots she created amazing scenes and made us look like we were truly in a fairy tale. She worked quickly and professionally to get beautiful shots and to keep people from freezing on a chilly April day. She made us all feel important and did a fantastic job guiding us. The candid shots were our main interest, but the staged shots came out being more moving than we expected. She even laid on the ground for some of our outside photos to capture the beauty of the moment for us.

All our photos were amazing and you could truly see how much everyone enjoyed themselves. She not only did a fantastic job professionally, but when she caught me using my inhaler she offered to carry it around in case I needed it- wedding dresses don't have pockets! She even helped me with my dress (corset), and made me feel comforted when I felt anxious about speaking in front of a large group of people. I felt safe having Ashley with me, and she made it very clear that she would do anything she could to help my husband and I.

She went above and beyond in capturing every moment, and I will recommend her to anyone who needs a quality photographer. She was hilarious, comforting, thoughtful, artistic, and personable. The wedding party and our parents loved her too! She was worth every penny; your wedding pictures are not something you want to cheap out on!

Sent on 05/01/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/03/2015

There is certainly no better photographer to capture the true emotions of the moment than Ashley. When we first met I told her that the one thing I hated most about Wedding photography were all of the forced pose photos that I see everyone else doing. What I truly wanted were photos that would bring me back to the exact time and place I was in and exactly what I was feeling, and not to moments that were manufactured to fit with what Wedding photography is “supposed” to be. Ashley could not have done a better job in delivering exactly what I had asked for! She always seems to capture whatever it is that is happening... from laughing, crying, singing, dancing or your little dog sticking her tongue out at your guests. She finds a way to get the shot! Watching the short video montage from our wedding never fails to make me happy and absolutely shows just how much fun we had on our day and I can honestly say that I have never been able to look through a set of photos and FEEL what was happening like this before! I wouldn’t trade Ashley for the world and love that all of my closest friends have chosen to have her shoot their wedding as well! We love each and every event we get to see her at and she NEVER disappoints!
    10 thumbs up if I had them for everything Ashley is and does! Absolutely love her and her photography!

Wide Eyed Studios 21
    Wide Eyed Studios 28
    Wide Eyed Studios 29
    Wide Eyed Studios 30

Erin · Married on 09/25/2015

Ashley was a pleasure to work with and is truly an artist. As soon as I saw Ashley’s work I knew she would capture our special day in a unique way than most photographers.

Sent on 01/16/2018

Nick · Married on 05/09/2015

Ashley brought our wedding to the next level and assured we'll have memories forever with the way that she shot our wedding. She took a journalistic approach that captured us for a couple of days prior to the wedding, through the ceremony and the reception, and we capped it off with a day after shoot that resulted in some of the best photos that have ever been taken of me and my wife. I'm forever grateful to Ashley and Wide Eyed Studios for the quality work, endless memories, and amazing experience.

Wide Eyed Studios 31
    Wide Eyed Studios 32
    Wide Eyed Studios 33
    Wide Eyed Studios 34
    Wide Eyed Studios 35
    Wide Eyed Studios 36
    Wide Eyed Studios 37

Kerry · Married on 05/02/2015

Ashley is an amazing artist and photographer! We hired her for our May 2, 2015 wedding after following her on Facebook for a few months and witnessing her amazing talent! By the end of our wedding, she truly felt like part of our family and friends, blowing kisses on her way out! She made the photo taking process painless and is super fast!

Before the wedding, she will ask you about any portraits you want and write everyone's name down so the day of the wedding, she is organized and helps round up everyone! We were so happy with our beautiful wedding photographs, both the portraits and the candid shots. Our only regret was not having her do an engagement shoot for us!

We met her the day of our wedding and she is lovely and has a great personality! I'd recommend to her anyone to capture their wedding/engagement and once she does your wedding or engagement, you will want her to capture any other important family functions/moments! Also, while she is based in PA, she traveled to Wilmington, DE for us and I know she does travel frequently! Follow Wide Eyed Studios on Facebook and I promise you will want to hire her to capture your special day.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Colleen · Married on 11/08/2014

Working with Ashley was amazing. She has such an eye for capturing real moments and the feeling of the space. Her photojournalistic style is just what we wanted for our wedding day, few posed pictures and no stiff moments. The results were incredible. I look back at our photos and see the many emotions of the night. She captured the chill of the air and the warmth of family; the silly moments, like when I was dancing with a cousin and my dress caught on hers, the sweet moments, like my husband gently kissing his grandmother's head, the tears of my dad after the ceremony, and the boisterous laughter that filled the night. She managed to be everywhere but was in no way obtrusive. In fact, I barely noticed her until she pulled us away to take some couple photos after dinner. It was a great suggestion that reconnected us in the evening and provided some truly exceptional couple shots. On top of great skill and service during the wedding, she provided great customer service overall. She talked at length with us about what we wanted and didn't want from our photos. A week after the wedding (I think), she sent us a teaser video of some of the shots. I still watch it from time to time if I want to cry and be super nostalgic. When we got the rest of our photos, every single one was intentional and special. I've seen other brides get nearly 2000 photos back and it's multiples of the same shot, or some that seem like filler. Not so with Ashley. Each of our 400 photos feels like a precious and special moment of that night. I absolutely cannot imagine paying for any photographer other than Ashley ever again. If I'm ever pregnant, you better believe I'll be calling her up. Here's the link for the video she made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFJcNqnLHq8

Sent on 01/04/2018

Ashley was on my wedding photography team and I loved her so much, I used her for a bunch of work events and my business headshots! Ashley has a way of bringing out your truest self so your photos are fun, artful and natural. I used so many of her shots on my webpage and I get the same reaction from everyone - they say they feel like they know me before they even meet me because of the pictures on my site! It was EXACTLY what I was looking for - something more than the equivalent of school pictures in front of a cloudy grey back drop!

Wide Eyed Studios 38
    Wide Eyed Studios 43
    Wide Eyed Studios 44
    Wide Eyed Studios 45

Carrie · Married on 05/31/2014

What can we say about Ashley? We found her via a mutual friend. I was always adoring her family's photos and asked her who her photographer was. Low and behold we met Ashley. Little did we know she'd not only photograph our wedding in 2014, but also the birth of our daughter and countless other memories in the last four years. I know this is a wedding-centric sight but she does not stop at weddings. (You will want her to document your entire life. Trust me. She was literally in the hospital room with me when my daughter was born.) But back to the wedding. My husband and I had actually been married for 10 years, but we eloped and threw a "wedding" ten years later. But we wanted it to be perfect and photos were a huge part of it. Ashley was so easy to work with and I'm one of those people who HATES to be photographed. (Did I mention I invited her to our daughter's birth?) She put us at ease almost immediately and completely disappeared into the background. On some level I remember her being there, but she was so unobtrusive that she got shots that make me say, "How did you get that shot?" My wedding photos are hands down some of the best I've ever seen. And now tons of our family friends use Wide Eyed Studios for general family photography (becuase we book at least two sessions a year they see a LOT of our photos.) Expect lots of color, fun angles, and tons of giggles. It's hard to pic my favorite pictures (I literally now have hundreds of "Ashley favs.") But here are a few from our engagement shoot and wedding. There are so many more. So, so many more. As long as Ashely doesn't move to California or something (don't move to California) she'll probably be shooting our family for decades to come.

Sent on 01/09/2018
    Wide Eyed Studios 46
    Wide Eyed Studios 47
    Wide Eyed Studios 48
    Wide Eyed Studios 49
    Wide Eyed Studios 50
    Wide Eyed Studios 51

Wide Eyed Studios captured our special day with such talent I don't regret not getting a videographer! Ashley was able to catch all the details and moments without even being intrusive. It is so special to be able to look back on our day. We especially love the moments. The posed photos are great but the unposed moments take our breath away everytime.

Sent on 03/23/2015

Ariel · Married on 09/27/2013

I can't say enough great things about Ashley. Many photographers promise to capture the candid moments that really make an event special, but Ashley truly delivers. She painted a perfect picture of the perfect day, and I guarantee you will not regret working with her. She's professional, endlessly creative, and (perhaps most importantly) she has a sense of humor! Book her already.

Sent on 03/31/2015

James · Married on 10/05/2012

Ashley took photos of my wedding and did an incredible job. She and Rebecca were professional and energetic, and really made us feel at home. The group shots were smooth and easy, like a well choreographed machine. And the final shots turned out amazing!

Lynne · event on 08/25/2012

Review of Engagement Shoot

Lynne says: Like our first date all over again! Ashley is a great photojournalist who knows how to capture and create a story. Not only did her friendliness put us at ease immediately, but she seemed to instinctively know how to bring out the best in us as a couple so that she was recording more than just our exteriors. She really got inside us, so that her photos helped tell our story. Our guests are just as excited as we are to see her in action, and we're confident she will be able to commemorate all the meaningful moments during our special day. At first, I thought the engagement shoot would just be fun, and I was right. Afterward, I realized she'd couldn't possibly make as much magic during our event without this one.

Jamie says: Wide Eyed Studios provided a super fun atmosphere for our engagement photos. The whole endeavor was well-planned and set up specifically for me and my fiance to let loose and have a great time. Thanks to the perfect combination of professionalism and spontaneity, it felt more like a fun 'date' than a planned photo shoot. It was great getting to know Ashley throughout the shoot as well, and she really made us feel at home (in various locations). I wholeheartedly recommend checking out Wide Eyed Studios, even if you're unsure about whether or not to have an engagement shoot. Our experience was super rewarding, and we have the photos to relive the memories and tell the story.

Lynne continues: In terms of wedding photography (on 10/5/12) Ashley and her co-shooter Tracie went way over and above in both quantity and quality. We were promised 500+ images and received a CD of over 1,250 absolutely breathtaking photos. Every shot captured our precious moments in a way that widened the viewer's eyes in the moment and in the memory. Thank you Wide Eyed Studios!

Sent on 03/29/2013
  • selleinad

Danielle · Married on 04/20/2012

My review for Wide Eyed Studios is based on me being part of the wedding party. I was a bridesmaid for a friend and Ashley was her photographer. From day one, I heard nothing but great compliments towards Ashley. My friend was so excited about her work, it lead me to search her site and in the end use Wide Eyed Studios as my photographer for my new born sons first pictures! I was very impressed with Ashley's artistic abilities, her overall attention to detail, her amazing ideas for awesome shots, and most of all her professionalism!! I wished I'd found her first for my wedding photographer!! She's superb! We can't wait to see her again to capture our special moments in time.

Sent on 04/03/2015

Adrienne · Married on 04/20/2012

Ashley and been such an asset to our family. It all began with our engagement pictures six years ago! I love having her document some of the most important days of our lives. We will have these memories forever. The only regret I have is not having her with us on the day I delivered our daughter, I wish that I had photos of that experience to look back on! You will be more than pleased with Ashley’s work!

Wide Eyed Studios 52

Samantha · Married on 09/16/2011

Ashley photographed my wedding in 2011 as well as my husbands surprise party in 2012. I couldn't have been happier with the results. She creatively captures moments in a completely special way. I had no issues trusting her to provide me with amazing photographs because of the connection we made prior to the wedding. It was wonderful seeing my wedding through her lens. I will definitely be hiring her to photograph more special moments in my life!

Sent on 04/10/2013

Marissa · Married on 08/27/2011

If you're looking to capture those real, in-the-moment pictures of your wedding day (or any special occasion), look no further than Ashley at Wide-Eyed-Studios. From your first meeting to the day she delivers your final images, she'll be with you every step of the way. The final product is unique and absolutely stunning - none of that generic posed stuff!! She's got an amazing sense of adventure and isnt' afraid to take a risk for that perfect shot...like running outside in the middle of a hurricane (true story). I highly recommend Ashley for any of your photography needs - you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 03/25/2013

Allison · Married on 04/16/2011

Ashley was absolutely amazing with helping me in all the days leading up to our wedding as well as on the actual big day. She eased every concern I had, constantly was in contact with me regarding the photos I wanted, what I expected of my photographer and executed on everything beyond my expectations. She was so organized and helped me to think about the pictures I would want on our big day and organize it all in my mind as well as take charge on the actual day. My husband and I together have a very large family so having someone that could pull everyone together, get the pictures we wanted as well as ones we didn't even know we wanted was crucial to documenting our big day. After the event, she was always in contact with us, making sure we were getting the pictures we wanted, finishing them to perfection and then scheduling time to review the photos and all the different products I could purchase. I can't say enough good things about Ashley, her professionalism and her flexibility to give us exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 04/23/2013