Who's That DJ? Reviews

159 | Los Angeles, CA

159 Reviews for Who's That DJ?

Who's That DJ? 1
Who's That DJ? 2
Who's That DJ? 3
Who's That DJ? 4
Who's That DJ? 5

Ali Bornstein · Married on 01/26/2019

Amazing!

Matt is THE BEST! Stop looking and just book him. He is the most amazing DJ!!! Our wedding was full of different ages and types of people and everyone came up to us at the end of the night and said how amazing the DJ was. He is truly special! Made the wedding better than we could've imagined! He listened to us, gave great advice and suggestions from his experience, and was just a joy to work with. Honestly I cannot say enough great things about him. THE FREAKING BEST! Stop worrying and just book him asap!

Hannah Smith · Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing nye wedding with matt!

Look no further... this is the DJ you MUST hire for your wedding. Matt was exactly the DJ we had always wanted for our New Year's Eve wedding! He made sure the night wasn't about him but was about the family & friends having a blast on the dance floor. He was able to mix our 2 different musical tastes to create an epic playlist (multiple guests actually asked if they could somehow get it to listen to later). Have you ever heard George Harrison mixed with Cardi B... we have! We gave him the gist of our music and taste and he ran with it the entire night. The dance floor was packed from 9 PM until 1 AM without stop. To top it all off, Matt is just a really good, chill guy (somebody you'd want to hang out with) so it makes him really easy to work with. We obviously needed a few announcements throughout the evening (speeches, dinner served, countdown to midnight). He did these all in a way that was tasteful & chill (not at ALL like the corny ones you often hear at weddings). Matt - thank you so much for making our wedding a HUGE success! Best NYE party to date!!

Gina Brutti · Married on 11/11/2018

Matt is wonderful, professional and will pack your dance floor!

We were so pleased with Matt as our wedding DJ! He was professional, helpful and creative. He was open-minded and listened to our ideas and offered helpful suggestions throughout the whole process. After the wedding we received tons of compliments about the music. Matt kept it upbeat and completely packed our dance floor. At one point, we had to ask our wedding coordinator to push the chairs and tables back a few feet so everyone could fit. He also found a way to weave in songs that our parents could enjoy- my dad was so grateful for the ABBA moment- but were still fun and danceable for our friends. I could not recommend Matt more highly.

• Justin

Justin Benitez · Married on 09/29/2018

Best part of our wedding day!

People may not remember the color of your napkins or the design of their escort card, but one thing they will undoubtedly remember is how good the DJ was. Well, Matt and his team at Who’s That DJ have really earned their company name!

Matt was the hit of our wedding day and made the entire ceremony and reception flawless. He knew just how to get both our older and younger guests on the dance floor, playing a perfect mix of oldies and current tracks that everyone could dance to, without making us do something like the YMCA or electric slide.

He was very accommodating from the very beginning, hopping on the phone to talk about our preferences, the tracks he must play and the ones we want to avoid. They have a very handy client portal where we can fill what we want played at different points throughout the big day.

We still have friends asking us if he has a playlist he could share because they loved every single song.

Book them and book them fast.

Gaby · Married on 09/07/2018

Great ! A+ ! 10/10 ! Would Recommend !

Matt was a professional from planning to execution. We had our fondest memories and fun on the dance floor thanks to the collaboration and expertise with Matt. He was a good listener and provided solutions to our concerns. My husband is Persian and I am Mexican we were worried about how to include all of our guests on the dance floor but with a simple discussion he was able to present us with honest recommendations from his experiences. He walked us through each moment that needed music and made suggestions when we didn't have a clue. Adding and browsing music from their custom playlist database was easy and convenient. We would recommend Who's That DJ/Matt to anyone they were a pleasure to work with!

David A Boorstein · Married on 07/21/2018

Crushfest by Dom the DJ @ Who's That DJ?!

Matt and Dom are amazing! My wife and I were extremely grateful that Matt set us up with Dom. Our conversations with Dom blew us away, his knowledge of music, how it can positively and negatively effect our wedding was extremely helpful. We basically got to the point where my wife and I just said "ok Dom, just have fun." It paid off!! He absolutely crushed it. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dom and Who's That DJ?!!!

Carrie · Married on 07/07/2018

From the minute my fiance and I contacted Matt about our upcoming wedding, he was responsive, helpful, and reliable. When we first met with Ryan (who was our wedding DJ) it was an instant connection. Ryan is fun, lively, talented, and collaborative. It was such an amazing process planning one of the most important parts of a wedding with people we could trust to make our wedding a memorable one! During the wedding, Ryan kept the party going. He knows how to read the room, cater to the dance floor, and plan out the reception so it feels like a party/celebration rather than a process. We will definitely use him again for any events we have in the future!

Bryan · Married on 07/07/2018

Matt and Dominic were a pleasure to work with from the beginning. Highly recommend Who's That DJ? to anyone looking for an amazing night of great music!

Aaron · Married on 06/30/2018

When my wife and I were looking for someone to DJ our wedding, the choices seemed overwhelming. But Who’s That DJ caught our eye — first, because of their fun name, and second, because of their great reviews. I contacted Matt, and he got back to me the same day. We talked on the phone for a lengthy amount of time. He was friendly and genuine. He asked what my (then) fiancée and I were looking for in a DJ, what kind of music we enjoyed, etc. — he really wanted to get to know us, and give us the experience that fit us (most of the other DJs we spoke to didn’t even ask these questions, which seems insane). We were sold!

Cut to three months or so before the wedding. We met with Dominic, the DJ that Matt had assigned to us. Dominic came to us (he drove all the way across the valley to meet us in Echo Park, which was very cool of him). We talked more about the wedding, our song choices, the order of events, etc. Like Matt, Dominic was friendly and collaborative and open to ideas. (He was also VERY enthusiastic, and clearly a music lover, which were big plusses). Between then and the day of the wedding, we traded emails with Dominic, finely tuning everything.

On the day of the wedding, Dominic showed up on time, worked well with the day-of coordinator, and emceed. We were very clear with Dominic about what we needed (and he asked lots of questions), so he came prepared with everything. He set up speakers and wireless mics for my wife and I and the officiant. There were no technical difficulties.

Of course, the most important question of all: HOW WAS THE MUSIC? My wife and I provided Dominic with a playlist of songs we wanted played, which he expertly shuffled together. There was never a lull in the evening. Everyone had a blast and RAVED about Dominic.

From that first phone call, to the moment Dominic played the last song of the night, our experience with him, and Who’s That DJ, was EXCELLENT. I would heartily recommend them.

Marcel · Married on 06/09/2018

Matt Gudis and the Who's that DJ team exceeded my wife and I's expectations. Our wedding was off the hook with Matt's rocking tunes. He hosted the event, guided the night with his cues and kept the party going even past our venue's closing time. Guests were having so much fun with Matt's orchestrating. I am very particular with music selection and Matt found a way to balance out his playlist, catering to the mix of guest age ranges, while playing all the songs my wife and I requested.

I was very impressed at how professional Matt was. Despite only engaging with him a few times to plan our wedding, he made our event one night we'll never forget.

Thank you very much Matt and team!

Malorie · Married on 06/08/2018

Matt was the DJ/MC at my wedding, and he was the best!! Leading up to the day, he gave me access to a client login site where I could customize which songs I wanted, or didn't want to be played. If I wasn't sure on what songs, he had a HUGE selection of all kinds of music as suggestions, or "top picks" which made it super easy especially when there are so many other decisions to make with wedding planning in general.
    The night of I let Matt pick the music because I was so confident he would be great. He feels out the vibes of your guests, and the whole night! I danced all night long to great music!!! My guests are still telling me what a great party we had! Thanks Matt!

Danielle · Married on 05/27/2018

Matt is incredible. You must book him for your wedding. I think it's important to note that my now husband is not a fan of dancing so we initially focused on having great music to entertain our family and friends. Matt met with us and accommodated every request we had. He took the time to understand what kind of music we like and the vibe we wanted to create at our wedding. Ultimately, he was able to create the perfect playlist and incorporate everything we wanted to hear. It was fantastic! It felt like the whole evening was just one fun, crazy dance party for us. Needless to say, we loved every minute of it (even my dancing-averse husband)!

Brian · Married on 05/25/2018

Honestly, Matt is a stud. From the first call you have with him, you can tell he is a pro and actually has done this before. That made us feel much more at ease than we did with any of our other vendors. You get a link to a database where you log on your songs you want, and then send him Spotify playlist to give him the vibe, and he works his magic. We used him for the ceremony music, the pre-dinner dancing (yes, actually a thing, which was his suggestion, which set the tone that people where there to get loose and it totally worked), and then the dance party. Our guests love to dance, and submitted the most random requests for music, and he mixed so much of it together (Country, Tropical House, Pop hits, 90's Rap, etc.) and made it a great time. We got sooo many compliments on the music and how much energy he had injected into the wedding, that he totally surpassed his expectations. He is professional before and after the event as well, on time, prepared, and makes it one less thing you have to worry about. Even when the wedding party decided to make their grand entrance early (thanks, Tequila), he totally saved it, defusing the tension, and getting everyone laughing after. Great DJ, MC, and overall dude. Highly recommend, you won't be disappointed.

• Richard

Richard · Married on 05/19/2018

Do yourself a favor and book Who's That DJ! Our guests were on the dance floor nonstop with a little bit of everything for our mixed crowd. They facilitate a website were you can add songs to your 'must play' and 'don't play' lists. Dom from Who's That DJ met with us to go over every detail. We were not only on the same page but we vibed excellently on music choices (we essentially bonded over Tuxedo & 80s classics). He was on point on his cues for introductions, grand entrance, first dance, spontaneous requests, and everything else. We had a Soul Train and 80's sections to which he MC'd to the tea.

Since getting engaged and throughout the wedding preparations, Ricky and I wanted to ensure our vendors were LGBT-friendly. We are proud to say Who's That DJ are professionals and allies.

Greg · Married on 05/19/2018

Matt was the one vendor that was unwaveringly totally pro for our wedding. He went above and beyond for us and even helped us set up for live perfornce during our wedding ceremony. The music was spot on and his sprocess for getting to know our music preferences was seemless. He was the voice and mc as our reception progressed and made everthing flow. Matt has real magic with this - everything just flowed and everyone danced until last call. Really couldnt have asked for more. Thank you Matt!!! Linda and I are so grateful youbwere referred to us!

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2018

My husband and I had 2 priorities when it came to throwing our perfect wedding: an open bar and a great dance party. It's a stressful thing to decide on a band or DJ for the most important party you'll ever throw, but let me tell you, Matt was hands down the best decision we made! We had a pretty specific request in terms of the types of music and style we were looking for, and Matt totally delivered. We wanted all of our guests - regardless of age or music preference - to be on the dance floor all night, so we asked Matt to do more of a mash-up style, mixing everything from Michael Jackson to Motown, and 90s hip hop to Whitney Houston. We didn't necessarily want full songs played, so Matt would roll from one to the next, seamlessly, never giving anyone a reason to leave the dance floor. We have been told repeatedly by so many of our guests how great the music was, and the fact that the dance floor was literally packed for 150 straight minutes, is a testament to how great Matt was at reading the audience and giving us all an epic dance party. People were even chanting "one more song" when the music had to end. I'll also note that he was the perfect kind of emcee - NOT AT ALL cheesy or over-the-top, which we definitely didn't want. He did his part in introducing the 2 of us and our parents to the dance floor and introducing the speakers, and that was about it. He just got into the music and totally nailed it! Matt - thanks for helping to make our wedding the party of our dreams!

Linda · Married on 05/05/2018

Are there SIX stars? Imagine a stressed out Bride and a tired Groom deep in wedding planing mode and all the stress and drama that seems to come with planning a wedding and wanting everyone to enjoy it. Imagine working with vendors that can be challenging and you get to the point where eloping is looking like a great idea.... in comes Matt "Who's That DJ?" and he listens to you, understands you and makes the WHOLE experience STRESS FREE? Then when the actual wedding day arrives and even more things go sideways... there is Matt - calm, cool and collected with that calm look "I got you" - well this was our experience of Matt. He went above and beyond to make our wedding special, stressless and a great party! Once Matt started spinning everyone in our wedding was dancing till he ended for the evening. He has a natural talent for creating wonderful dancing for all the ages - we had 15 years old to 81 years old! All our guests loved the music and the seamless evening! Really - can't thank you enough Matt and to say I recommend him would be an understatement!! HIRE him then relax ... from his website where we got to choose our own music to the video set up which was a special surprise for my new husband - Matt rocked it! Thank you soooo much Matt! Makes me want to get married again ... well almost!
    L&G

Darren · Married on 04/07/2018

We asked a lot out of Matt when it came time for him to DJ our wedding. Our families have very different tastes (Frank Sinatra vs. Jimmy Buffett), and we really wanted a mix of music that would be fun for everyone at the wedding: recent hits, '90s hip-hop, '80s pop, music that would get our elders dancing, music to keep the young people on the dance floor until late at night. Matt's brilliance as a DJ made our special night extra, extra, EXTRA special. He figured out a just-right combination of our favorite songs with music that kept the energy flowing all night. Planning a wedding is a very stressful experience, but Matt came very highly recommended from one of our friends, and from the moment we started working with him, he made the whole process painless—very open to our opinions and ideas, very confident in his ability to deliver an evening of fun. We trusted him completely, and the results were truly spectacular.

Seth · Married on 11/04/2017

Our DJ Ryan was amazing and I’m very happy we chose him for our wedding. Our reception was half indoors and half outdoors, and this presented a challenge in having music heard in both areas. Ryan worked with our venue and coordinator to make sure that everything was set properly to accommodate the entire space. The setup worked perfectly and he was able to control the crowd no matter where the party moved to. And the sound quality was excellent! The best part was we felt comfortable having Ryan because we trusted he would make the right decisions in the moment, and he did. We would recommend him to anyone looking for high quality entertainment and professionalism.

Who's That DJ? 6

Julia · Married on 10/21/2017

One of the best wedding decisions we made was to hire Matt with Who's That DJ. From the very first conversation, we knew it was the right choice. He was so laid back but personable and genuinely excited to be part of our wedding. And on the day of, he knew exactly what to play and when, to keep the party going. His energy and talent is exactly what you want for your big day. I will recommend him to anyone planning an event! He is by far the BEST!!!

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

We hired Dominic to be our wedding DJ and he went above and beyond what we expected of him. He was very responsive, respectful and did a great job with the playlist. Also, he did a great job working with our coordinator to make sure everything was on schedule and going according to our wedding agenda. Our dance floor was on fire the whole night! We would highly recommend Who's that DJ!

Carolyn · Married on 09/17/2017

I did not want a cheesy wedding DJ so this was an important decision! Who's That DJ was the BEST choice for our wedding. We were lucky enough to get Matt as our DJ and he did not disappoint. Everyone who attending our wedding commented on our music and was on the dance floor. Music is not my forte so Matt was able to work with me without giving him much guidance and it was perfect! Thank you Who's That DJ for the best wedding music!

Jessica · Married on 09/16/2017

I can't thank Matt enough for providing the soundtrack to the happiest and funnest night of my life! From planning to execution he was there every step of the way with answers to questions, gentle suggestions, and an obvious amount of experience that I so relied on. There was not one guest that didn't mention at some point in the evening how awesome the music was. Wedding planning is full of tough decisions, booking a DJ doesn't have to be just go with Matt. He. Is. The. Best.

• Y

Yasmin · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I had very high expectations for our wedding DJ, and not only did Who’s That DJ not disappoint, they went above and beyond. Matt and Dominic were so helpful, friendly, and professional from the get-go: they were responsive and attentive to our questions and requests, understanding in working with us and our budget, and communicative and receptive in making sure we were all on the same page in terms of the atmosphere we were trying to achieve. Any bride and groom knows that wedding planning can be a stressful experience, but Matt and Dominic took so much stress off our shoulders and put our minds at ease; we were totally assured we were in good hands.
    When our wedding day rolled around, Who’s That DJ delivered—the reception was phenomenal. Dominic played our requests, but also mixed in some excellent music choices that had everyone on their feet from start to finish (there was not a single moment when people were not turning up on the dance-floor). My husband and I come from families of different cultures who speak different languages, but Dominic managed to create an effortless fusion of music that had both of our families dancing and mingling, which is so important when celebrating a marriage! At the end of the night, we were thrilled to hear so many positive remarks about Dominic’s DJ set. In short, look no further: Who’s that DJ is 5-star, standout, and they will make your wedding everything and more!

Roarke · Married on 09/01/2017

We’ve now been to 3 weddings (including our own) with Dom as the DJ. When looking back at a wedding, there are three common key areas that a guest judges on. 1) Atmosphere, 2) Food, and 3) Music. Arguably, the music is what makes or breaks the memories. If you have a bad DJ, you’re likely not gonna have the best time, irregardless of the food or atmosphere. The first wedding with Dom, we walked away saying what an amazing wedding and how good of a time it was and that we never stopped dancing. At the second wedding, we had the same exact review and asked our friends afterwards, only to find out that yeah, they got their DJ from our friends wedding because he was so good. When it came to ours, we went with a tried and trusted source and really didn’t look anywhere else. My brief to Dom was that we were going to have a tequila based bar and we wanted the wedding to build up from dinner into the dance hall; once we start dancing, don’t let it stop. The entire night, we never sat down and it was exactly what we wanted. Dom read the crowd and kept everyone on their feet. I can’t thank Who’s that DJ enough and appreciate the care and time they put into hearing what we wanted our night to be and bringing that to life. It’s hard to trust people with something as important as your wedding, but we had 110% confidence in Dom and Matt and would hire them time and time again.