Whitney's Inn Reviews

Whitney's Inn 6
Whitney's Inn 7
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/13/2019

Where wedding dreams come true!

There isn't a single bad thing I could say about Don and his entire crew at Whitney's. We got married there on July 13 and had the entire place to ourselves and our guests the whole weekend. When we started our search we originally planned to stay close to home (we live about 40 miles north of Boston) but found that every venue we went to was lacking in something.... atmosphere... amenities... food... the price tag... we searched everywhere... and we almost put a deposit down on a place near home just to be done with the search - as it gets so exhausting. But a coworker of mine who'd gotten married at Whitney's suggested we just go up to Jackson as a last ditch look and oh boy are we glad we did. We got married in the wooded area across from the Inn. It was THE PICTURE of wooded fairyland that I had in my head the entire planning process. The staff are INCREDIBLE each and every single one of them. Don (the owner) is a wedding master mind and made us feel so comfortable and at ease through the entire process. And we spent a FRACTION of what we would have for a "one night only" affair back at home. If I could rate Whitney's at 10 stars I would. Leaving on Sunday after brunch I actually wept - pleading with Father Time to go back 72 hours so we could do it all again. Do yourselves a huge favor and go check them out. All our love Don and everyone at Whitney's, Sarah and Paul Higgins

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Alyssia

Alyssia · Married on 12/15/2018

Perfect New Hampshire Venue

I cannot say enough about our experience at Whitney’s for our December wedding. The food, staff and whole experience was more than we could have dreamed. Don and his staff made everyone feel at home at the inn for our wedding weekend. Not one detail was missed and the whole event was so well run we never worried for a second. The venue is the most picturesque New Hampshire mountain location and I cannot say enough about the food (family and friends are still raving) but the most valuable to us was how amazing the staff was. The staff thought of everything and was nothing but kind and responsive. I cannot imagine having spent the most important day of my life anywhere else.

Sent on 12/17/2018
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect rustic chic venue

We've known Don for years and have been to the pub and had multiple parties with him for our office, so I know he does a great job....but what they did for our wedding was above and beyond spectacular! The planning beforehand was so easy entering everything we needed and wanted on a google doc that would update immediately. I swear Don has ESP or something because every time on the wedding weekend I had any question or hesitation about where I needed to be, he would appear and take care of EVERYTHING. The whole team took so much stress off of my plate with their skill and finesse. The food is AMAZING - I've never been to a wedding where the food was really great, but the steak tips and chicken cordon bleu are to die for. And to top it all off the venue was beyond gorgeous with the fall colors and twinkle lights throughout the rafters of the barn. We had multiple vendors who hadn't done any weddings there say they've never seen a venue go so above and beyond and that they will be recommending the Whitney to their clients too! I wish we could get married there over and over!

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 09/29/2018

Best venue! Best location!

I cannot recommend Whitney's Inn enough for your wedding venue! If you luck outdoors, rustic, and fall foliage, a Fall wedding at Whitney's is a no brainer! All of the staff are friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, and you have the entire property to yourself. They have done so many weddings and have so many different options for you, that it makes planning stress free. I'd work with Whitney's over and over again, and don't have one complaint! Tons of our guests said it was the best venue they have ever been to and I have to agree! We had the most amazing wedding weekend, and a lot of that goes to Whitney's and their staff for making it so perfect. Thank you thank you thank you!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Whitney's Inn 8
    Whitney's Inn 9
    Whitney's Inn 10
    Whitney's Inn 11

Megan · Married on 09/22/2018

As we are recently married, my husband and I continue to get the question: "Was your wedding all that you thought it would be?" And we can answer, without a moment of hesitation, that it was so much better than we ever could have imagined. Whitney's Inn and Shovel Handle Pub will forever hold a very special place in our hearts- the rustic setting, incredible food, compassionate staff really made our experience amazing! I am a very detail oriented person and I can honestly say that Don and his staff out did me. Any time I thought, oh! we need to set this up or we need to make sure this special accommodation is made for a guest- Don and his staff were already on it! They work together as a team and pay attention to the little things. The setting (inside and out) is both unique and magical. The entire staff at Whitney's Inn is nothing short of spectacular- not only are they great at what they do, but they are kind and friendly and willing to go out of their way to make it happen! A Whitney's Inn wedding is a one of a kind gig and we are so grateful to have experienced it!!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • NHammond

Nicole · Married on 08/10/2018

We had our wedding at Whitney's Inn on September 30th, 2017. I could not have asked for a more perfect place to have our wedding. We were beyond happy that we chose this place to have our special day at. When we first viewed the venue, we loved Don & his staff and their casual personalities and knew immediately that this place was for us. Don & his staff worked with us for room & food accommodations & also gave great tips & tricks to get rooms booked. We live 2 hours away from the venue so planning for a venue you have only seen a handful of times was difficult. But our recap meeting with Don was beyond helpful & calmed my nerves. Don was in control of everything & it all went smoothly. My husband and I are more than grateful for Don & Whitney's Inn & Shovel Handle Pub. We will forever recommend Whitney's Inn & Don & his staff to future couples getting married!! If Don happens to read this, I hope he knows we are coming back soon to visit & enjoy to the pub again! We will forever love this place!

Sent on 10/13/2017
    Whitney's Inn 12
    Whitney's Inn 13
    Whitney's Inn 14
    Whitney's Inn 15

Catherine · Married on 06/30/2018

I wanted our wedding to be fun and relaxed while still being a special event. Whitney's Inn and it's staff made our wedding everything that I could imagine and ask for. I cannot emphasize enough how helpful and accommodating the staff was. The wedding shoppe package was totally worth it. To really prove my point...I never had a single "bridezilla" or a totally stressed moment throughout the entire journey.

Sent on 07/20/2018
    Whitney's Inn 22
    Whitney's Inn 23
    Whitney's Inn 24

Ally · Married on 06/23/2018

My high school sweetheart and I just got married here on June 23rd, 2018. To say that this is the perfect venue is an understatement. Don and his staff went above and beyond to make sure our day was as perfect as we imagined it would be. Don even calmed me, a bride nervous about the rain, right before the ceremony. He made sure we got the fairy tale ceremony and reception we always dreamt of. Most people may say you can’t go wrong with this venue but I would say you can’t go right unless you have your special day at Whitney’s. If you are looking for a rustic wedding out of a storybook, this is your spot. Everyone at Whitney’s goes above and beyond to make sure your day is special. I can’t say enough nice words about this place because it is the best place ever. Our guests can’t stop talking about how it was the best wedding ever! Even vendors rave about being able to do weddings here, because it is a seamless process and gorgeous as ever. Have your wedding here. I promise it will be the best decision you ever made!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

tia · Married on 06/02/2018

The location, the food, and the owner are amazing! We highly recommend Whitney's inn and the Shovel Handle Pub for your future wedding.

Sent on 06/26/2018

Megan · Married on 05/19/2018

This is the most amazing venue. They are true experts. I was not stressed at all planning me wedding, I trusted Don and his staff fully. Lori was amazing too! The food was out of this world, the staff was nothing short of spectacular. They do not nickel and dime you. Everyone had an amazing time and . This venue is super accommodating and amazing. I am not sure why you would chose to get married anywhere else. If I could do it all over again, I would not change a thing!

Sent on 06/04/2018
    Whitney's Inn 25
    Whitney's Inn 26
    Whitney's Inn 27
    Whitney's Inn 28
    Whitney's Inn 29

Kerri · Married on 04/21/2018

Choosing Whitney's Inn & the Shovel Handle Pub as the location for our wedding was the easiest decision we made. It was the only place my (now) husband and I toured! We fell in love the first time we visited- the location was perfect, the scenery beautiful, and even on that first visit the staff were so helpful and friendly! We loved the fact that everything could be done on site, and that our guests could stay right there at the Inn or sister Inn (The Inn at Jackson). Don was extremely helpful throughout the whole process, offering us tips and was flexible in making sure our day was exactly as we pictured and ran smoothly. Although he wasn't there for our actual wedding day, his staff stepped right up and did an outstanding job ensuring our day was perfect!! Because we held our wedding in April during the Inn's off-season (which saved us a decent amount of money- thanks Don for the Spring Wedding Sale!), the Inn was basically only open for our wedding and our guests, so we had complete access to the grounds and the staff were so accommodating and trusting. They even let my husband and I stay an extra night after the wedding as a mini honeymoon, which gave us some time to collect ourselves, get organized, and enjoy the Jackson area before making the trek home. Honestly, everything about this venue was amazing- the food, the location, and the staff made our big day unforgettable. We couldn't have chosen a better venue. We highly recommend Whitney's Inn!!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Grace · Married on 03/24/2018

The Whitney's Inn was the perfect venue to host our special day. We originally wanted the fall wedding, but a March winter wedding was so much better! The Woodland outdoor ceremony was beyond a fairy-tale. The staff is a family and they are so intentional with their work. Our wedding weekend far exceeded our expectations! Thank you for being a part of our special day, we cannot wait to return to visit!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Erik · Married on 09/23/2017

From our first step onto the property of Whitney's Inn on May 22, 2016 we knew this was going to be our place. The Inn itself has so much character and charm, with each room taking on a personality of its own. The property is stunning and features a pond, a fire pit, multiple spots to chose from to hold your ceremony with their own unique features and benefits, as well as an amazing four level barn. The food was fantastic (steak tips were the best I've ever had) and the staff was friendly and accommodating. My beautiful wife and I had our wedding at Whitney's Inn on Saturday, 9/23/2017. Working with Don and the team at Whitney's Inn was absolutely effortless, such a pleasant experience. We highly recommend Whitney's Inn to anyone looking to have an amazing time with friends and family in such a gorgeous location.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

My fondest wedding planning memory is how my husband's face lit up when he saw the inside of the barn at Whitney's. I knew we found a place we weren't just agreeing on, but loved! We had several tours booked with other venues, saw Whitney's, and cancelled them all.
    What makes this venue stand out above others is it's capacity to provide a whole wedding weekend with family and friends beyond the event itself. We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception there which made things less stressful for us and easy on our guests. From being able to share breakfasts together in the morning and bonfires at night, it was great making memories and being able to have time with our guests.
    Additionally, Don and his staff made us feel like family and were very accommodating. Whitney's will always hold a special place in our hearts! It's a place I can see us coming back to visit for years!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/09/2017

Whitney's Inn made our wedding a literal dream come true! As a very anxious bride, Don's laid back demeanor was a HUGE help throughout the whole process. His calmness kept me calm and reassured, as well as my anxious Dad! :) The setting was beyond gorgeous, and our friends and family have not stopped talking about how amazing it was. We got married in the woodland site, and walking down that long path through the trees felt like an actual fairytale! One of the biggest reasons we chose Whitney's (besides the laidback atmosphere) was because we knew we would be the ONLY wedding for the whole weekend. It's not a wedding factory where there are weddings Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. The inn had our whole attention for the entire weekend, which allowed us and or guests to relax and fully enjoy a weekend away in the white mountains. The food was incredible, which is another thing our guests keep talking about even months later! I honestly can't say enough good things about Whitney's Inn, Don and his staff. They took all the stress away and everything went just the way we had hoped it would! We were even able to honor our Irish traditions of having a whiskey toast instead of the standard wedding champagne toast. If you're looking for a laid-back but very well run affair, this is the place to go! You will not be disappointed, and neither will your guests!!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Andrew · Married on 08/26/2017

My Wife and I think this venue was great! The venue has multiple ceremony sites and a really cool barn to party in after the formalities. Most of our guests were able to stay right on property and that was very important to us. No need to have loved ones trying to navigate mountain roads after a full day of celebrating. The food and service from this close knit staff are top notch too! Reach out to Don and book your weekend soon as the choice weekends will book up far in advance. We got married on August 26th and it was perfect!

Sent on 09/06/2017

jackie · Married on 08/26/2017

Cannot say enough good things about this venue. BOOK IT! We found this venue from attending a friends wedding and we hope someday someone from our wedding gets married there too! The Whitney's Inn staff are professional, accommodating, and an absolute pleasure to work with. The entire wedding planning process from start to finish was a breeze. Don, the owner, runs the show as your day of wedding coordinator, he was flexible and gave us the direction we needed. And boy, trying to coordinate and mobilize an entire wedding party is like trying to herd a bunch of cats, but he did it with ease and a smile on his face. I am happy to say that all the vendors they recommended were wonderful to work with as well. The wedding weekend went off with out a hitch. The grounds were beautiful and it feel like it was our home. The fire pit is a wonderful amenity. We loved having our guests stay onsite. No one would had to get behind the wheel after the festivities which was a relief and a blast. It was great for everyone wake up in the morning and congregate in the dinning room for breakfast at their leisure. We got married in the woodland ceremony site and it was AMAZING. Our guest keep remarking about what a magical ceremony we had and it was so unique and like no one else's! The barn is a PERFECT back drop for pictures. There is not much you have do to do inside site to make it nice- all the twinkle lights inside are amazing. Love the different levels of the barn; there are some great vantage points. Now lets talk about the highlight of my weekend....THE STEAK TIPS. All of the food was amazing, from apps to dinner, but the steak tips are the best you'll ever have. You cannot not go wrong with these. We even stayed Sunday night and went back to the Pub for more steak tips :) Anyways , the entire pub staff are great. They are hard workers and its obviously they really care about what they do. My husband and I can't wait to go back to the Whitney's Inn and Shovel handle Pub.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Caitlin · Married on 07/08/2017

The food is fantastic. The grounds are stunning. The staff became family for the weekend.
    Our ceremony was outside at 4:30. At 4:29 the skies opened up and it POURED. Don and his staff were able to get the guests, who were already seated, back across the street and dried off. As soon as the rain stopped they went out and dried all the benches off, got the guests reseated, and had me walking down the aisle to the gorgeous ceremony we were hoping for in no time. They literally did not miss a beat.

Our guests are still talking about what a good time they had. Everyone had a enjoyed exploring the different levels of the pub during the reception. The dance floor was always packed, and the charming white Christmas lights wrapped around all the gorgeous woodwork made for some fabulous photos.

The food is just fantastic. The bacon wrapped scallops were fresh, the steak tips were cooked perfectly. I loved that I didn't have to bring in a caterer, they really make everything easy. We had signature cocktails, and when we asked for a fresh mint mojito they said "Sure, we'll just use some from our fresh mint garden!" Seriously. They have a MINT GARDEN.

More than anything, it was their attention to detail that really won us over. I had several special needs for family members and a kids meal in another room, and they accommodated seamlessly. They did small things I didn't even think to ask them to do ( moved my paper straws from the cocktail bar into the pub, arranged mine and the girls' bouquets on a little table so we wouldn't loose them. They even wrapped up my husband and I's dinner and put it in our room! ). There was so much care in everything they did. We felt the love!
    It really was a fairy tale. I will talk about this place for the rest of my life. Don and his staff are certainly in the right business, and it was truly a wonderful thing to know everything was taken care of on our special day.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Leannea · Married on 05/21/2017

Don and the whole team at Whitney's are absolutely amazing. That can't even begin to explain it, but they are truly outstanding and everything went more than perfectly!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Lindsay · Married on 05/13/2017

Whitney's Inn was absolutely the best place for a wedding! Don and all the staff are all so wonderful and accommodating. They really do their best to make all your wishes a reality and make the Inn and Pub feel like your own home for the weekend. All of our family and friends commentated on how great the venue was and what a relaxed and fun filled wedding weekend we had due to all the staff and amazing venue. We can't say enough about how happy we are that we chose Whitney's Inn for our wedding and we will forever be grateful that we did! If your looking for a beautiful, charming and rustic setting where you can have all your family and friends stay for the weekend to celebrate the best day of your life, then this is the place!!! Not only is the venue amazing, there are multiple options for the ceremony site, the food is outstanding and pricing is very reasonable. We would absolutely recommend having your wedding here, you won't regret it!!!

Sent on 04/14/2018

Hilary · Married on 05/06/2017

From the start, my husband and I knew we wanted to get married in the mountains of New Hampshire. A friend recommended Whitney's Inn with strong praise! We searched the website and checked out some photos. That was it! We immediately emailed Don, the owner of Whitney's Inn and our professional relationship began. Don had great advice for us as we were just beginning our wedding planning. He helped us choose the right date, and we booked site unseen. This was early December, 2015. We weren't able to visit until mid-January. We pulled up to the inn where the ground was covered in slush and it was pouring rain, however as we walked inside, we felt like we were home. My husband and I immediately knew we had chosen the right venue for our wedding in that moment. From the moment we sat down with Don for our first face-to-face meeting we felt comfortable in his and his staff's capable hands. Don is accommodating and always makes sure that his wedding couples are as happy as possible. over our 18 months of planning, I had a hundred questions, yet Don and his staff, including Joe and Michele, always had an answer for me. The Whitney's Inn staff helped me stay calm in moments of bridal crisis. When the big day came, it was raining yet again. My dream was to get married at the gorgeous woodland setting across the street. Don assured me he would have his staff on-call to switch to an indoor ceremony at the drop of a hat (or within a half hour of the ceremony). He let me push it down to the wire, and though we got rained in, the staff set up an amazing ceremony space in the Birches Room for us. It was the most beautiful day ever! Our guests had a fabulous time. Everyone raved about the food and drinks! The Shovel Handle Pub food was magnifique! We were given autonomy over the sound system as well, and we danced the night away! Thank you Whitney's inn for everything! Don, Joe, Michele, and everyone on staff involved in our wedding, we couldn't have done it without you!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Michelle · Married on 12/03/2016

I can't put in words how grateful & happy I am with my experience with Whitney's Inn. Through the entire process, Don and his team really had our wedding planned like a well oiled machine. From the time I met Don, I had 115% trust in him and the team. Planning process things worth noting: 1. You are provided a Google Doc where you can monitor who is booking hotel rooms. 2. They ask you to complete a detailed questionnaire covering all the little details, from your set up to late night pizza. I felt like every single person at the Inn knew every detail of my wedding because of this (and was MUCH appreciated). 3. You are able to attend a food tasting, where you get a true feel for all the appetizer & entree options. It is worth mentioning again... their food is incredible. It is not wedding food, it is amazing restaurant food. Everyone was raving! 4. Another major piece worth noting is that Don, the owner, works with you through the planning process. I do not know any other venue where the owner is so hands on and involved. This provided a major piece of mind for me.
    The wedding weekend was so far beyond anything I could hope for, highlights including: 1. Don was there handling all the logistics. He personally escorted our wedding party to where we needed to be. He really runs the show, and you will be so glad he did. Don is an expert in what works, provides great suggestions while also listening to your wants/requests. 2. The staff were caring and helpful to both me and our guests. For me personally, it was the little things. Jen bringing a plate of apps to me and my new hubby when we needed a quick break to breathe. Or how I was nervously waiting the ceremony, Dana brought me a glass of champagne.

To sum things up: Whitney's is a venue that has a relaxed atmosphere, are executional experts, care about your wedding as much as you do, will make your weekend more special than you can dream and will show your guests an amazing time. Look no further!

Sent on 12/26/2016

S · Married on 10/29/2016

My husband and I recently got married at Whitney's Inn and it was an unbelievable experience for us both. Don, Jen and staff were incredibly accommodating and welcome to us, our friends and family. All events from when we arrived on Friday to left on Sunday were top notch. The Whitney's staff worked to make everything seamless and natural to who we were as a couple. This is just what we were looking for in a venue. It rained quite a bit during our wedding day and thanks to the accommodating staff we were able to transform the dining room to fit my wishes (perhaps tall wishes) with no questions asked. I didn't think about the rain for another second after talking with Don and the inside ceremony was beautiful. We knew we would love the reception in SHP as it is a restaurant we frequent while in the area. The food is amazing and the atmosphere was beautiful. Don also recommends vendors in the area and those we used were phenomenal. I can't say enough good things about Whitney's Inn.

Sent on 11/12/2016
  • Halley

Halley · Married on 10/22/2016

From the minute my (now) husband and I walked into Whitney's Inn and met Don, we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. Don and his staff were so accommodating and flexible with any and all ideas we had for our wedding weekend. The grounds were beautiful, with many options to hold the ceremony and 27 guest rooms onsite so we could hold half of our guests there, and they held their sister inn down the road (Inn at Jackson) for our guests as well. The ambiance in the Shovel Handle Pub is just the right mix of elegant and cozy (perfect for the rustic elegant theme we were looking for), and the food is delicious! The day/night went off without a hitch (even with mother nature's fury). The team at Whitney's Inn were so patient with me while I decided whether or not to keep the ceremony outdoors or move inside for plan B. Even though there is a wedding there every weekend, they made us feel like we were the only bride and groom they knew this year! Our guests are still raving about the ambiance, the personal inclusive feel and of course the food! I would definitely recommend Whitney's Inn to anyone planning a wedding in the white mountain region.

Sent on 12/11/2016