Whitewood Photography Reviews

55 | San Antonio, TX

55 Reviews for Whitewood Photography

55 Whitewood Photography Reviews

Alexis · Married on 05/13/2018

Whitewood is the best. Sarah and company were amazingly fantastic. There were two photographers (Sarah and a guy who did still shots - I can't recall his name) and both were really cool and easy to be around. The photographs were ready and back to us by the time we got home from our honeymoon... Wow. Some really beautiful stuff. We also had a lot of fun, which makes the whole experience a lot easier and natural. I would highly recommend Sarah and Whitewood Photography if you want some stunning pictures to remember your occasion.

PRO TIP FROM THE GROOM: Inquire about a boudoir shoot for the bride. It's worth it. Trust me ;)

Megan · Married on 05/12/2018

Sarah did a fabulous job at our wedding! When we initially met her, she was so kind and helpful. She worked with us to make sure we got a second shooter and that it fit within our budget. Throughout the planning process she was very helpful with helping us figure out our timeline and giving us ideas for creative exits. Sarah was quick to respond to her emails and was always very friendly.

On the day of the wedding, Sarah made the process smooth and effortless. I always feel awkward taking photos but with Sarah I was completely comfortable and when needed she did provide direction to make the photo perfect. Sarah captured a lot of candid moments (which is what we wanted) and all of our photos turned out beautiful!

I could not have been happier with Sarah and how well the photos turned out.
    Sarah went above and beyond and I would hire her again for other photo sessions.

• W

W. · Married on 03/10/2018

Whitewood Photography provided my wife and I an amazing experience from beginning to end. The images were gorgeous and all the extra touches she provides are great! Sarah captivated our attention with her portfolio the day we met but we could have never imagined that she would so beautiful capture the little intricacies that made our wedding so special.

Stephanie · Married on 11/17/2017

Sarah was one of the very first people we booked after my husband and I got engaged. Photography was at the top of our list when it came to choosing vendors for our wedding day. We went out on our "search" and were aiming to find someone who would capture us as we are AND someone that we would be happy to share a memory with - as they would be there for some very personal moments, like putting on the dress or a first look. We absolutely found that with Sarah. First, she did a beautiful job with our engagement photos and an even more beautiful job with our wedding. Her expertise when it comes to capturing every moment is obviously conveyed in our gorgeous photos - but the funniest part is that when the wedding wrapped up, I looked at my husband and said "I wonder if there are even that many photos from today. I barely saw Sarah during the ceremony or at the reception." Well, there were tons of photos. That's because she's THAT GOOD. She was busy doing her job while our day unfolded - and she was mostly unnoticed. I don't know about you, but that meant a lot to me and is exactly what I hoped for during our wedding. I can't wait to display her gorgeous work in our home!

Michelle · Married on 11/12/2017

Sarah at Whitewood Photography was AMAZING!!! We are incredibly pleased with out wedding photos and couldn't have chose a better photographer. Our wedding was outside in the rain and she found a way to make all of the photos turn out so beautiful and dreamy, I was worried that the overcast was going to interfere but she is a true professional! She is a very approachable person and was super sweet to us and our families. She is San Antonio's most talented wedding photographer and I'm so glad we found her!

Whitewood Photography 1
    Whitewood Photography 2
    Whitewood Photography 3
    Whitewood Photography 4

Kailee · Married on 11/11/2017

Sarah is amazing! I can't say enough positive things about her! I've personally referred her to all the brides-to-be I know. She does the style that we were looking for, which is beautiful photojournalism while being knowledgeable about portraiture- you have to get the formal family shots while still getting the candid crying shots! She was on time all the time, worked with us on a timeline for the day-of (which was great because we didn't have a coordinator, and it was wonderful to have one less thing to research and worry about), very friendly while very professional, and delivered excellent work! When we received our photos, I was over the moon! She captured those moments I didn't know happened and made everyone look superb. She truly has a talent for photography.

Jacquelyn · Married on 11/04/2017

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WHITEWOOD PHOTOGRAPHY!!! The pictures were BEAUTIFUL!! I was a Maid of Honor and a Sister to the Bride in a wedding and the pictures the day of went extremely smoothly!!! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND WHITEWOOD to anybody looking for photography!! During the reception I didn't even notice them taking photos THEY ARE THAT GOOD!! The moments captured are perfect and flawless!! Well worth MORE THAN 5 STARS!!!

Rey · Married on 08/05/2017

Wow, Sarah was such an amazing photographer for my wife and I save the dates as well as our wedding day. She worked so much with us to make sure everything was perfect. Sarah was able to photograph getting ready, pre-ceremony, ceremony, post-ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, first dance, toasts, and cake-cutting photos. All of the photos she took came out gorgeous. She was attentive and captured all the group photos we for sure wanted, and throughout the night she was moving around capturing picture-perfect shots. I would definitely recommend Sarah to anyone needed a photographer for an event. Thank you so much for everything Sarah it was great working with you!

Ryan · Married on 07/08/2017

Awesome service for my brothers wedding!

• I

Isabel · Married on 07/08/2017

Sarah with Whitewood Photography is absolutely amazing at her work. She captured our engagement and wedding day pictures and blew us away with our photos. She will not disappoint, guaranteed!! She is professional, always got in touch with me right away with any little questions and i had a ton. Thank you so much again!!

elena · Married on 06/17/2017

When I sat down with my husband to make our list of must-haves v. nice-to-have in our wedding, we knew that working with the right photographer was top priority to us. We wanted our pictures to tell a story and capture each moment perfectly, especially because my in-laws would not be able to join us to celebrate our wedding. Our pictures would be the only way for them to experience this day.

After researching many options we always came back to Sarah: there was something so serene and deliberately spontaneous about her pictures, and it was exactly how we wanted to remember our wedding. We're so glad to have worked with Sarah: she captured every detail in our ceremony and reception that we worked on for months to make sure it was gorgeous, but most importantly - how delighted and happy our guests were to be with us! Some of her shots had me thinking "how did she get that?!" because I never felt her hovering over us or even sensed that she was nearby.

Sarah was probably the easiest to work with of my wedding vendors. Her experience shows: Sarah provided a detailed timeline of pre and post ceremony photos (with our input) that I was able to plug-in directly to my day-of run-of-show, she maximized our time for each session, took on the director role to help us find the right angles for posed photos, was incredibly agile with a large group of people and on all fronts very professional in the way she treated us. I appreciate that she was honest and worked within our budget. We were contemplating a second shooter for the ceremony which would have been an additional cost, and Sarah reassured us she could handle both our guests and us to get those real/candid shots of us all in the moment. And she did!

We can't wait to work with Sarah again. I'm already thinking of anniversary photos...family pictures...everything special that we want to capture about our life.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 06/03/2017

Sarah was so helpful and amazing during the months leading up to our wedding! I can't say enough how great she is. She always answered my questions and concerns regarding the fine details and made sure that I was informed about everything that would happen the day of. She did a fantastic job with our wedding photos as well as my bridals. I highly recommend Whitewood photography! Sarah is incredibly talented and it shows through her work.

Rozlyn · Married on 06/01/2017

Thank you for helping us make Emily's (6/1/17) day special!

kara · Married on 05/20/2017

I would absolutely recommend Whitewood Photography for anyone looking for a photographer! Sarah was always quick to reply to emails and texts with a friendly solution. She captured all of the perfect moments of our wedding and seemed like she had a good time doing it! She gave great direction for photos.

Michael · Married on 05/20/2017

I loved the outcome of the photos from our wedding. The photographers were both very nice and helpful. I would highly recommend them.

Paul · Married on 04/15/2017

Whitewood photography did an outstanding job for our wedding. Our pictures turned out amazing. I would highly recommend using Sarah services for your photography needs. She will give you first class service.

Lisa · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I were married in San Antonio in March 2017. I am so glad we found Sarah to photograph our wedding! First, and foremost, the photographs turned out beautiful. She captured so many special moments throughout the day of friends and family that we will treasure forever. If you are looking for a very natural, photojournalist style of photography for your wedding, this is your girl! She was professional, kind, very organized, anticipated our needs, and was on top of communication from the first time we contacted her through receiving the final photos. I highly recommend Whitewood Photography!

Jennifer · Married on 03/25/2017

Sarah from Whitewood Photography is a top-notch photographer. She is friendly, easy-going, and very professional. She and her assistant recently photographed my daughter's wedding and did a fantastic job, we couldn't be happier with the results... beautiful and unique shots that we will treasure forever!

• W

wanda · Married on 03/25/2017

Our son was married last month at a beautiful Mission Church in San Antonio and the photograpy was amazing! The interior of the church was captured with all its intricacies and magic. The photos of our son and his beautiful bride were captured beautifully from the church, and reception. I would definitely recommend Whitewood..

• User5530500 · 1+ year ago

Sarah and her husband John did a wonderful job capturing the important moments without being intrusive. I never once noticed either of them during the ceremony. After it was over, they had a plan and moved through the wedding party photos quickly and efficiently. They were both friendly and professional and their photos turned out gorgeous.

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2016

Sarah is absolutely fantastic! From the first time we met, my husband and I fell in love! We loved how down to earth she is, and how she really got to know us on a personal level. Her work is truly amazing! We booked Sarah for our engagements, bridals, and day of wedding. With each session we received photos extremely fast! I loved how she let us be ourselves in each one of our photos, and really loved how she utilizes the natural light in her work as well! You can really see all of the hard work she puts into each photo! I highly recommend Whitewood Photography for anyone in search of a photographer. Truly AMAZING!!

Carla · Married on 10/15/2016

Do it! Whitewood Photography was awesome.

Vanessa · Married on 10/01/2016

I had no idea where to start for photography but after seeing Sarah's reviews and photos online and prayed she was available for our wedding. From Day 1, she was very accommodating and responsive. We're a pretty shy couple but our engagements and wedding photos will tell you otherwise. They came out incredible and Sarah captured everything I didn't know I wanted. I will definitely use her in the future and recommend her to everyone!

Brian · Married on 09/03/2016

Sarah did a wonderful job capturing the best moments of our wedding. Whatever crazy idea I had, she made it happen ! Thank you Whitewood. -Brian McClellan 9.3.16 Sunset Station

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2016

Whitewood captured the most amazing moments of my friends special day. It was truly a magical day , and Sarah captured some amazing moments! #Kare&Brian 9.3.16