Whiteface Club & Resort Reviews

106 | Lake Placid, NY

106 Reviews for Whiteface Club & Resort

Michael · Married on 09/04/2016

Whiteface Club & Resort is a rock solid wedding venue. You will get what you pay for and your guests will love it!

Sent on 05/29/2017

4.2
      3.0

Whiteface Club and Resort is the place for the small, intimate wedding. They even let me have my dog there, which was a deal breaker for me. The food was wonderful. They even made custom cocktails for me, but they charged me extra. This place is wonderful, just made sure if your contract that for the price you agree you it includes everything you want, or they will charge you extra after.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Alana · Married on 08/20/2016

4.2
      3.5

Amazing venue for a wedding, just gorgeous! The staff was friendly, helpful and aiming to please, Kristin was so happy to make the family happy and worked so well with the planner for an amazing day/event!!!!!. The location itself is incredible and super wedding friendly! Only draw was the sister property spa The Spa at Mirror Lake, sadly had to redo all the bridesmaids make up at home which meant little time for bride make up/ get ready time, and it was expensive. No other draw back, so if you are looking for an Adirondack wedding than congrats, you have found your location, and Whiteface Club and Resort is it!! Just amazing you will not regret it!! Did I mention I loved this place, the people and the amazing gardens? :)

Sent on 10/26/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2012

3.8
      2.0

My wedding was in September 2012, usually September is not known for rain. Of course, 90% chance of rain in the forecast. The staff where accomodating in moving the ceremony inside the boathouse. The rain did stop for about 25 minutes for the ceremony and where were able to move it back out Lake side. Kristin was great, instructing everyone on what to do. It was very difficult getting everything organized because the rain stopped about 10 minutes before the ceremony started. Leading up to the wedding, she was very easy to get in touch with and always had a quick response to any questions I had. The quality of the food is fantastic,We had Steak, Chicken Fontina and Pasta Primavera. I was able to customize our hors d'evores to fit my fall theme. The chef was great in creating some of my different requests! Although, I was upset with the way my cake was handled. I brought in my own cake and was told there was no refridgerator room to store my cake overnight and they would not be able to stack the tiers the day of. I had to find a outside location to store my cake, and have someone come in the put the cake together. I also had to bring in my own boxes to take any leftover cake. I brought in my own Maple Syrup to have feature shots at the bar mixed with Southern Comfort and I was informed that the do not serve shots due to a liability and can only service mixed drinks and beer. We ended the night with a bonfire & Smores & Tess the owl even made a appearance!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/18/2010

3.6
      3.5

Great Location for both wedding and reception for the price. It is right on Lake Placid and nice grounds near the Moose Lodge and where the weddings take place. Only drawback is no air conditioning in the Moose Boat Lodge. I was not expecting an 80 degree day in June but that's what we got and it got really warm in the Lodge when everyone was dancing.

Sent on 10/08/2010

sarah · Married on 08/16/2008

2.0
      3.0

Our ceremony + reception were both held here at the Whiteface Club & Resort. It was an absolutely beautiful location to have our wedding and the views alone were worth it. But...while I couldn't have wished for a better location, the club itself was not very flexible or accommodating to us. There were no food tastings, we couldn't bring in our own cake (unless we wanted hefty fees), they sold the venue as an outdoor ceremony--which is what we wanted, but the club was of no assistance with helping us secure a tent to use, there were additional fees for everything and you had to watch the bills and invoices very closely because they added gratuity to everything.

In the end, even with all of our complaints, we wouldn't have changed the venue for anywhere else in the world and were thrilled with how everything turned out. My best advice is just to be aware of what you're getting yourselves into!

Sent on 09/02/2008