White Raven Wedding & Event Center Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Amanda
    Amanda Getting married on 10/21/2023

Dream Wedding

This was our dream wedding venue once we found it. They have two ceremony locations to choose from, but the rock face was perfect for us! They have an indoor/outdoor reception space, rooms to get ready, a great bar setup, and so much beautiful land to explore and take photos.
    Ashlie and her husband were great to work with - especially Ashlie! She was practically my day-of-coordinator; she was there to help with anything we needed. They had all of the tables and chairs set up, the necessary linens, she was a point person for my vendors, and helped keep the ceremony running smoothly. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!
  • Sonya
    Sonya S. Married on 05/29/2022

The absolute perfect venue

White Raven was recommended to us by a close friend in Missoula. We got on a call with Ashlie and she was so transparent and collaborative that we knew we could trust what we saw online, and that they would be great to work with for our wedding. We ended up having to push our wedding by 1 year due to COVID-19, which was really stressful, but Ashlie & Ryan made the process simple. They felt like they were on our side during the whole planning process and in the end, our wedding weekend went by without a hitch! The venue is gorgeous and operationally so well set-up that any event will go by smoothly. They've pretty much thought of everything and if they havent, they will sit with you to understand what you need and make sure it happens (or be honest with you if something might not work). Our wedding was a same-sex, Jewish & Indian wedding. It's not common to find queer-affirming vendors who are also so racially safe, but we never had hesitation with Ashlie and Ryan. They helped us execute all of the cultural traditions we had been dreaming of, resulting in an absolutely perfect weekend that made us feel safe, seen, and joyful. I cannot recommend this venue enough for your special day!

White Raven Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Sonya and Christie, Thank you both so much for everything!! It was the best experience for me to get to know you through these past few years, and all of it ended in the most fun, loving, and memorable wedding weekend we've had! Wishing you both the best!!
    Rachael R. Married on 05/13/2022

Best venue in Montana!

Ashlie and Ryan truly created a gem in west Montana! The venue is beautiful and both ceremony sites are gorgeous and simple, you can’t go wrong in either meadow or the cliff side. They’re also super flexible with decorations and vendors, and are always available for questions or help throughout the whole planning process. We were the first wedding to utilize their new updated bridal suite, and it’s absolutely perfect with large windows allowing natural light to come in for makeup and photos. It’s also private so the girls can enjoy the patio and take photos without your groom or guests seeing while you get ready/before the ceremony. We did not utilize the on-site lodging but we absolutely wish we did. The bride and groom cabin and the extra house are spacious and gorgeous, with the bride and groom cabin being more private and secluded. The extra house is also beautiful for getting ready in or having a brunch the morning of.

Everything was set up so beautifully the day of the wedding and about 1 month before, during our walkthrough, Ashlie took a ton of notes on her outlined checklist with our coordinator to make sure everything was ready for the big day.

I was struggling a bit with how to do the table decorations and seat everyone comfortably and Ashlie sent out a ton of table arrangements to choose from and even recommended doubling up tables for more space for the guests. It worked out amazing.

The venue is so easy to get to, and the bridge crossing over the river is INSANE. I wish we took photos down there. They also have a little shuttle to make it easier for guests to get for the parking area to the venue, and also allow large bus shuttles from hotels/pick up locations of your choosing to help get guests to the parking area. They couldn’t make it any simpler.

We couldn’t have picked a better venue to have our wedding at and we are so grateful Ashlie and Ryan hosted us!

Huge plus: they allow dogs if they’re in the wedding!
    Carlye G. Married on 10/01/2021

Dream venue for an outdoor Montana wedding

White Raven is located a short distance outside of Missoula, MT along the Clark Fork River. The venue speaks for itself. My husband and I first saw it in February and instantly fell in love with the venue and actually bumped up our wedding date a year after finding the perfect venue. It's your own private paradise for your special day with fantastic views, greenery, and landscaping. It was the perfect little oasis for our wedding of 100 guests- lots of room to walk around and outdoor options for the ceremony and reception. We also rented the cabins on site which are incredible as well! Ashlie and Ryan were truly the best to work with and have put so much thought into this beautiful venue. Wedding planning can be stressful, but these two are phenomenal at what they do and create a personal yet professional relationship with you. We could not be happier with our choice to get married at White Raven and would HIGHLY recommend it to any couple in search of a venue!!
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn C. Married on 09/18/2021

Absolutely amazing

My fiance' and I were looking for an amazing and unique venue for our destination wedding in the mountains to share with our closest family and friends, and man did we find it in White Raven. Ashlie and Ryan were amazing communicators from the start and made the entire process of touring, booking, planning, and execution of the day as easy as possible. We felt 100% comfortable with them and they helped make our special day so wonderful. The venue is modern and rustic and the views are AMAZING. Completely unique and you have the ability to make it so personalized with the remainder of your vendor teams. Ashlie and Ryan provided us with a preferred vendor list and that was so helpful. Trust me when I say your guests will not forget this site. Our guests had to be ushered to the ceremony site because they were stunned with the location and views upon arrival! We would not change a thing about our wedding day, and it all was circled around this absolutely clean, stunning, unique venue. The cabins on site are amazing and extremely beneficial if needed. We used the primary cabin for a location for getting ready and where our family could all be together the morning/afternoon of our wedding. Ashlie was so unbelieveably kind and allowed us to ship items earlier to the venue and communicated their arrival to help ease any stress we had. Again, I cannot stress this enough, Ashlie and Ryan were amazing and this venue is spectacular. My husband and I are hopeful in returning with family for a vacation some day because we loved it so much! White Raven is truly something special.

Kaitlin,
    Thank you!! I could write so much here, because we absolutely loved working with you! You incorporated so much fun, excitement, and thoughtfulness into your event and it was felt by everyone there: your new husband, your guests, and all of your vendors! Thank you so much for reminding us how special our job is and how lucky we are to get to work with such amazing people! We wish you and Mark the happiest life together!!!
    Courtney J. Married on 08/27/2021

Perfect venue!!

Ashley and Ryan were amazing!
    Ashley was the wedding planner that I didn’t know I needed! With the weather being questionable that day, she helped me relax, and ensured everything would be okay! The weather ended up being perfect! She helped me make decisions and Ryan was perfect help at the end of the night. Everyone said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to! 10/10 recommend. You won’t regret!

White Raven Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney!! I'm so happy that you got your perfect day, you were a dream bride to work with!
  • Sadie
    Sadie L. Married on 08/21/2021

Dreamy August Wedding at the Perfect Venue

Our August wedding at White Raven was everything we imagined and more. We rented the venue for an entire weekend and the accommodations for 4 nights for our Saturday wedding. The venue was STUNNING - the ceremony sites and the reception hall - I cannot even describe it with words. The accommodations were also perfect for our families to stay for the weekend and great for pictures! I wish we could have stayed longer. Ashlie and her husband were great hosts the whole weekend and very accommodating for all our ideas. It was amazing that they had almost all the rentals we needed on site so we didn't have to bring those in from an outside vendor! They were also great to work with during the planning process - the 30 day walkthrough was such a great opportunity to see the venue and meet Ashlie to go over the details. They also have a list of vendors that they recommend which proved to be so helpful to us because they were AMAZING as well. This is the best venue in Montana and I would highly recommend it to any couple looking to get married in the great state of Montana.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa P. Married on 08/07/2021

Professional, Helpful, Wonderful! Highly Recommend!

Ashlie and Ryan are some of the most professional, helpful, and responsive vendors I've ever worked with. Hiring them was worth every penny, because we got a built-in day-of helper, an incredibly beautiful and magical venue to invite guests to, and overall all the amenities you could want in a wedding venue. I am from Washington, and so I planned my wedding from out of state. Ashlie and Ryan both coordinated to let me see the venue when I was in town, and provided incredibly detailed descriptions of all that was included with the venue, so that I could plan easily. Highly, highly recommend. We both feel so blessed to have been able to celebrate our big day on such a beautiful spot of earth in Montana!
  • Kylar
    Kylar C. Married on 08/06/2021

Gorgeous Venue!

Working with Ashley and Ryan at the White Raven was perfect! The venue is gorgeous and very convenient with housing at the venue that fit our whole bridal party. Ashley and Ryan were great to work with and made sure we and our other vendors had everything they needed! Overall incredible venue and experience!
    Casey E. Married on 07/31/2021

Awesome to work with

Ashlie and Ryan were a joy to work with. They ensured our day was everything we wanted and more. Their responsiveness, wedding timeline expertise, and accommodating any and all of our requests is what stuck out most to us. Because of their help, we will always remember or wedding at The White Raven.

White Raven Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Casey! Everything about your wedding was beautiful and you were amazing to work with too! Lots of love to you and Audrey!
  • Renee
    Renee S. Married on 07/18/2021

"Best Wedding I have ever been to" - All of our Guests

The White Raven was the best venue we could ever have imagined. Beyond perfect & beautiful. We booked this venue for our 2020 wedding that needed to be postponed due to COVID-19. Ashlie & Ryan were gracious and accommodating and our 2021 wedding was amazing. Literally EVERY guest told us that this was by far the most beautiful or best wedding that they have ever been to!

White Raven Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much Renee, that is our favorite thing to hear!! Your event was gorgeous and I love looking back through your photos. All the best to you and Jeremy!
    Michele H. Married on 07/09/2021

Amazing venue

White Raven was the perfect venue for our destination wedding! Ashlie and Ryan were extremely accommodating and responsive with our questions in planning and execution leading up to the event. The venue is gorgeous, whether it’s the ceremony site, reception hall, or patio/dance floor - you can’t go wrong! The local wedding vendors love the venue as well, and it’s very apparent during the planning process as well as the day-of.

White Raven Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Thank you Michele so much!! I really had the best time working with you and your day was so beautiful!
    Anthony G. Married on 07/03/2021

Best venue in Western Montana

Couldn't of asked for a better venue. Nothing but praise for White Raven. They have exceeded our expectations on every level. Beautiful location and event center. Thanks for the outdoor wedding that we all hoped for.
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 05/21/2021

The Montana wedding of your dreams

My husband and I had to reschedule our wedding due to Covid-19. We ended up getting married in a small ceremony at home last year and had our reception at White Raven last month.

Ashlie and Ryan were wonderful about answering our questions, giving us solutions, and checking in to make sure we had everything we needed. Everything about this venue is perfect! The reception hall is elegant, modern, and opens up to gorgeous mountain views on all sides.

Our vendors were all familiar with White Raven and told me they wouldn't need any help upon arrival because everything was designed so well. This ultimately led us to choose White Raven, as we wanted an accessible space for vendors and family/friends with mobility issues. It also helped that the landscape and building are so beautiful, there is not much needed in terms of decoration.

Everything about our event was wonderful. Everyone felt happy and comfortable. Even though the weather turned cold and rainy, we were still able to enjoy the outdoor area and seamlessly transition inside, thanks to the open plan of the reception hall. I can't recommend this venue enough. Weddings are stressful, but I never had any worries about the venue. Thank you so much!
    Sean E. Married on 05/14/2021

Exceptional property and a wonderful experience

Ashlie and Ryan were exceptional and great to work with for our wedding. We were in the unfortunate situation in 2020 of having to reschedule or cancel due to COVID. They worked with us and got us rescheduled for a year later.

They were super accommodating and allowed us to have a private ceremony on their property on our originally planned day. We got great photos and a wonderful personal experience. Then the following year (2021) we had a one year anniversary reception party with our guests.

All of our guests commented on how great the venue was and what a beautiful property it is. A nice part of what a great facility they provide is little to no decoration is needed to make it perfect. We first toured in waist deep snow in the middle of winter, and even with that we could see what a great venue it is. We were not disappointed.

Having worked with them throughout a longer timeline, we were able to see changes made to the property. They improve the grounds in some way every year. Even though it's already great, every change is for the better. The property exhibits a clean, modern design which fits perfectly into the rural wooded grounds.

We highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a great experience in the greater Missoula area.
    Brittney T. Married on 05/07/2021

Best wedding ever !!!!!!

Wow where to begin!!! Although I may be partial because it was my wedding, this was the BEST WEDDING EVER!!! All of our guests complimented the venue, views, and overall experience and couldn’t stop talking about it. For us it was absolutely perfect! I couldn’t have had it go smoother. Ashlie and Ryan (owners) were monumental in assisting us throughout the process/planning and largely on the day of our wedding making sure everything ran smoothly and was taken care of. Most venues don’t put the effort and care into your wedding day the way Ashlie and Ryan do, they MADE SURE we had the best wedding possible. I love how White Raven is affordable and how you can do whatever you want- they don’t have rules or people you have to use of theirs - you can bring in whoever you want. They do offer a vendor list that was truly helpful and we chose all of our vendors off that list- who were all phenomenal! We rented the house on property the night before to have a “girls night” and it was a stunning house. Then my husband and I rented the bungalow the night of and it was adorable/ cozy/ and perfect. I wish we could re live the day that’s how perfect it was. The views alone make it so you don’t need all the extra stuff like lighting and linens - at least we didn’t have it. You can pick from 2 Gorgeous ceremony sites (we chose the rock wall). Everything is high end and extremely well made. We can’t say enough good things about Ashlie and Ryan and the beautiful venue they created. They truly went ABOVE and BEYOND what any vendor owner would’ve done for us and we are so grateful and happy we chose White Raven!

Brittney,

Thank you so much for this! Your event was our first of 2021 and we could not have asked for a better couple or a better group of guests to kick off this wedding season with! Cheers to you both!
    Kathleen Married on 01/07/2021

Incredible!

White Raven is simply stunning. The venue and surrounding area is perfectly gorgeous. Even in the time of covid we were able to have the perfect wedding at White Raven. Plenty of space to enjoy yourselves both inside and out. Ashlie and Ryan do a fantastic job with the venue, the houses and the grounds. It is the perfect place to spend a day and weekend. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous views and the most thoughtful little touches.
    Ashlie is also very thorough with communication throughout the process. We live out of state but felt like everything was in order every step of the way.
    10/10!
  • Sheyenne
    Sheyenne Married on 12/08/2020

Incredible venue

We could not have been happier with our experience at the White Raven. Ashlie and Ryan made the planning process smooth and easy. They were always available to answer questions and make recommendations. Our day would never have been as smooth sailing if it weren’t for them and their incredible venue! 10/10 would recommend!
  • Bridgitt
    Bridgitt E. Married on 10/08/2020

Beautiful venue and unbeatable personalized service!

We hosted a wedding on August 7, 2020, (during Covid) and White Raven was great to work with, even under difficult social restrictions. We planned the wedding for a year and believed we had thought of everything, but Ashlie and Ryan were prepared for everything plus more. They provided personalized service to meet our unique needs and were there to make sure no detail was forgotten. There is no better venue at a better price in Montana --we will be returning to White Raven for future celebrations!
    Shane and Bridgitt Erickson, Lincoln, MT
    Amber L. Married on 10/02/2020

Beautiful Venue with Awesome People!

White Raven is absolutely gorgeous-any pictures just can't do it justice- and Ashlie & Ryan are amazing to work with. Planning a wedding from a different state in the middle of a pandemic was frustrating, but Ashlie did everything possible to help us out. Our wedding was in late September, and the outdoor heaters that White Raven provided allowed us to have our cocktail hour & dance floor outside. Ashlie also did a great job coordinating with our vendors as they came on-site, so we didn't have to worry about that at all on our big day. We would highly recommend White Raven!
    Rachel Married on 09/18/2020

Ahhhmazingggg

I can’t say enough about this place. We had a blast. Ashlie is the most amazing host and we couldn’t ask for a better wedding venue.
  • Arielle
    Arielle S. Married on 08/15/2020

5 stars isn’t enough

Our wedding weekend at White Raven was a dream! The venue and location is so gorgeous that all of our guests continue to comment and compliment on how beautiful it was. The photos from our day are so beautiful because of all of the stunning spots to take photos. I thought planning a destination wedding from Minnesota would be difficult, but Ashlie & Ryan made the planning process so easy and smooth, even during all of the changes due to COVID. They were both so kind, empathetic, and flexible while trying to make our wedding as safe as possible. Ashlie made sure the day went smoothly, as she was there for the entire day, even while setting up the venue. I also highly recommend renting both the Driftside and Cliffside cabins, as they are stunning and made it so easy to get ready in the morning and go to sleep at the end of the night. If I could do it again, I would choose White Raven every time. 10/5 stars!!
  • Ashlin
    Ashlin B. Married on 08/08/2020

The PERFECT place for our big day!

I could not be happier with our decision to book White Raven for our wedding day. If you are searching for the best venue in Montana, you have found it. Understanding how important the venue was to every other aspect of our big day, I spent a lot of time during the planning process doing extensive research and comparison of all the major venues in Montana. I will save you the time and effort & summarize the main reasons why I ended up choosing White Raven (and why I am SO glad I did!)

1) Location - only 30 minutes from Missoula and a BEAUTIFUL drive. The venue itself is absolutely stunning. So well kept, amazing landscaping, and everything is very modern and elegant. Exactly the type of venue we were searching for. Romantic and classy while maintaining a true Montana experience and feel. We are absolutely thrilled with our wedding photos - you can't find a more beautiful backdrop for your wedding day. Guaranteed.

2) Affordability - compared to other venues in the state, White Raven is very competitively priced and is all inclusive. No worrying about renting tables, chairs, cocktail tables, lights, etc. It's all included which makes planning easy and the big day stress-free.

3) The Owners - Ashley and Ryan are WONDERFUL people. They were incredibly helpful during the planning process. Prompt responses to emails, great advice and suggestions, and a very evident desire to make your day everything you want it to be. You can tell they take pride in their venue and hosting successful events. As a bonus, they are incredibly friendly, easy to talk to, and professional.

When my husband and I arrived for our initial tour of White Raven, we instantly knew it was the perfect spot for our big celebration. It was a no-brainer choice for the both of us. And honestly, as a busy bride and groom with lots of decisions to make, that is what you want. A quick, easy, and mutual decision. And that was what White Raven was for us. An easy decision & one that we are so glad we made!

White Raven has my highest recommendation and I am so grateful to Ashley and Ryan for hosting our big day.
  • Katie
    Katie N. Married on 07/31/2020

Simply magical weekend @ White Raven

White Raven was an absolute dream. Planning a wedding through a pandemic was not easy, but Ashlie and Ryan were fully supportive throughout the entire process. Neil and I reserved the driftside and cliffside cabins, and I can’t imagine anyone planning to get married here doing it any other way. It was so nice to wake up and have no where to go and to have the day just unfold from the same place. I had a classic day before night sleep and went into the hot tub and watched the stars change to sunrise over the mountains, it was so peaceful! The energy and environment at White Raven is so dreamy. Being from out of state, the Missoula mountains were extremely mesmerizing. Neil and I visited the venue one year prior to our date, and I can’t state enough the dramatic improvements that we saw in just one year. The landscaping, bar, dance floor, and ceremony sites are to die for! Reserving the cabins for the weekend also made it possible to set up and enjoy the grounds before our big day. I was able to enjoy a hike with my wedding party the day before! I loved the way that Ashlie and Ryan made adjustments throughout our evening that enhanced the day - Things like putting our pizza tables outside so guests would see them when no one was going inside anymore. These simple adjustments were so appreciated and made our day the best it could have been. We are so excited for future couples to have their expectations of their day be completely exceeded by White Raven. To me, this venue is a no brainer. @katyshayphoto