Whispering Hollow Estate Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 9 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

James B. Married on 07/13/2019

The finest wedding and reception I have ever attended!

Beautiful diamond in the scenic peaceful countryside! The professional attention to detail by all from start to finish for our family wedding was simply amazing! The wedding area and reception hall with their stunning country charm were beyond any that I have have ever visited. The host staff were courteous and professional and seemed to be everywhere at once throughout our special evening. The food was plentiful and very good. There were roofed gold carts to shuttle people throughout the beautiful stoned walkways for the entire event. I have been officiating at weddings since 1982 and this was the finest, most accommodating and strikingly beautiful location which I have ever had the pleasure to officiate at! The attention to every detail which our host provided from start to finish made this the finest ceremony I have ever participated in! I would give this scenic sanctuary an enthusiastic 5 stars and 2 thumbs up! - Pastor James Braunns
    Jordan L. Married on 06/14/2019

The best day ever

Kevin and his team are absolutely AMAZING!! We are beyond pleased with how everything went. His venue is beautiful!! Kevin is so welcoming and accommodating! He keeps to an organized schedule to help keep things flowing throughout the entire day. Our guests have been talking about WHE for days and want to visit again! From start to finish, everything was beyond our wildest dreams. We would get married here a million times over again if we could. We are over the moon excited that we chose Whispering Hollow Estate for our special day!

We HIGHLY recommend Whispering Hollow Estate to anyone! Give Kevin a call, and ask to tour his beautiful venue! You won’t regret it!
    Kelsey Married on 12/22/2018

December wedding

We enjoyed our time at Whispering Hollow and could not have asked for a better experience. Our wedding day was perfect in all ways. Kevin is wonderful and so easy to work with. We truly loved everything about our experience and would choose Whispering Hollow again and again.
    Chris Married on 11/17/2018

Excellent service, beautiful venue. Highly recommended!

For those that don't want to read the whole review, the bottom line is that we would enthusiastically recommend Whispering Hollow for a wedding venue to anyone without hesitation.

Very few service providers rise to the level of excellence demonstrated by Kevin Leonardis and the rest of the folks at Whispering Hollow Estates in Alum Bank. We selected this venue for our wedding in November 2018 after evaluating no less than two dozen venues at varying price points and settings from the Washington DC metro area to State College PA and couldn't be more happy with our decision.

The venue itself is stunningly beautiful; purpose-built by Kevin from the ground up. Every detail from the beautiful fireplace and the massive solid walnut mantle to the vaulted wooden ceilings and tasteful stacked stone columns is well executed. Our wedding was held indoors but the outdoor ceremony site is stunning as well with every detail thought out including a raised pavilion to ensure all in the audience have a good view and a paved walkway to avoid any complications for ladies walking in heels on soft grass.

While the venue is beautiful, the real highlight here is the service. Kevin effortlessly ranks among the most amiable people we have ever met. He makes it clear from the very first meeting, in both word and deed, that the satisfaction of his brides and grooms is of paramount importance. He truly went above and beyond, exceeding our expectations at every turn. He and his staff were quick to respond to calls and emails, took care of coordinating vendors on the day of, patiently answered every question we had and leveraged his considerable experience to provide guidance and recommendations whenever we asked.

We would highly recommend Whispering Hollow to anyone. If you're looking for a venue in the area, give Kevin a call and make an appointment to go tour the venue. We think you'll be very glad you did.
  • Morgan
    Morgan R. Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect place for wedding

I toured a number of different venues and none compared to WHE. It was exactly what we were looking for, and it turned out just as expected. The staff are always quick to respond and always there to answer any questions and give recommendations for venues. I got to choose everything I wanted and use whatever venders I wanted. Would absolutely recommend
  • Corrine
    Corrine Married on 09/02/2018

This venue has it all!

I can't speak more highly of the venue and of Kevin and Valerie who run it. We had a full day in the grooms suite/bridal suite, outdoor ceremony site, and indoor dinner and reception! What a beautiful place ran by very professional, efficient, and caring people who make your day everything you want it to be!
    Linda Married on 06/03/2017
    My daughter got married here this past weekend. Everything was spectacular, from the bridal suite to the grooms room to the reception lodge. Its a beautiful venue and Kevin did everything to make sure we and my daughter had everything we need. I received so many complements on everything. Love love love this place. Thank you for a beautiful day!!!!
    Samantha Married on 10/22/2016
    This venue is run by Kevin Leonardis. He is a wonderful person and a complete joy to work with. His venue is absolutely gorgeous. If are looking for a venue that allows to really make it your own this is the place to go. You bring in the caterer, your beverages, and snacks, the works (don't let that scare you, Kevin is really knowledgeable and can help). He has a wonderful list of recommended vendors you can pick from for these services. We went with everyone he recommended and we were not disappointed. Our food (Flair of Country) was absolutely delicious. Our DJ (Mint DJ) was amazing. Overall it really benefited us to be able to bring in a lot of our own things, especially in regards to alcohol since our guests were not huge drinkers paying for an open bar was pointless.
    Kevin made our day so special. I know he has weddings pretty much every weekend, but he made me feel like I was the only bride he was working with, he truly made me feel special pretty much catering to every need I had on that day.
    A little bit about the grounds of the venue - the property is gorgeous!! We got married in the fall and it was stunning. He has some many bridal perks. There is a bridal suite which is where my bridesmaids and I got ready and hung out the morning of the wedding. The suite has a set up that will allow you to get your hair and makeup done at the venue, which was really great pro for me. There is also a grooms suite which had a pool table and couches for the guys to hang out in. My husband and his buddies really enjoyed themselves.
    Overall, this was the best decision we made. Kevin was amazing to work with. I would recommend his services to any bride/groom to be.
    Lorin Married on 06/02/2018
    My wedding on June 2, 2018 at Whispering Hollow Estates was absolutely amazing! Kevin's love and passion for this industry truly shows in his work and at his venue. When we first met Kevin for a tour of his venue, we were amazed with his insight, dedication, and how beautiful his place was. He truly strives to make sure every second of your day is perfect and that you have nothing to worry about on your wedding day. Kevin and his staff are great to work with and there was nothing me or my husband or family had to worry about the day of the wedding, because Kevin had everything covered! Our family and friends still are saying how beautiful and one of a kind the venue is! I would highly recommend Whispering Hollow Estates and I'm looking forward to getting back there for future new events that Kevin is doing there!