Whippoorwill Acres Reviews

Whippoorwill Acres 5
  • Acacia

Acacia Bulechek · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing place and people

I literally couldn’t be more impressed and happy with my experience at Whippoorwill Acres!! The owners help you through your whole wedding to make sure your day is absolutely perfect! Such a beautiful venue and such amazing people to help you along the way!

Whippoorwill Acres 6
    Sent on 10/16/2019

Whippoorwill Acres's reply:

Thank you, Acacia!! We had such a great time with you and Kalibe! We wish you the very best.... Thank you so much for choosing Whippoorwill Acres! Mitzi

Rachelle Goehring · Married on 10/04/2019

Great Venue

Whippoorwill acres is a beautiful venue!!! It has everything you need in one location, lots of beautiful photo ops and tons of decorations that you can borrow!!! On top of all that Mitzi and Greg are there for you every step of the way, to make sure you big day is perfect!!!! Love this place!!! I would recommend this 10 out of 10 times!!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Whippoorwill Acres's reply:

Awh Rachelle.... we love you and Ted and wish you many many years of happiness! Thank you so much for choosing Whippoorwill Acres!

Nichole · Married on 09/28/2019

This place is AMAZING! The owners are so sweet, very helpful, outgoing and flexible. I would highly recommend this venue for those of you looking for a georgous rustic barn wedding of your dreams!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Whippoorwill Acres's reply:

Thank you, Nichole! We hope everything is going great for you both! Your day was so beautiful! Thank you for choosing Whippoorwill Acres!

Kaitlin · Married on 09/14/2019

Everything about this place is amazing! It is VERY beautiful and you can definitely tell they have put a lot of time and effort into it. They respond very quickly to messages/emails and always answer any question with lots of detail. They are such wonderful and kind people and I have loved working with them!!

Whippoorwill Acres's reply:

Thank you so much, Kaitlin.... We absolutely loved your time with us at Whippoorwill and we are so thankful that you chose us for your most important day! We wish you the Very Best! Mitzi
  • Makenlea

Makenlea Montague · Married on 09/07/2019

The best wedding venue

Literally I cannot imagine having my wedding at any other location. This venue is absolutely beautiful and the owners are amazing. Mitzi did everything she could to help make our day just the way we had always imagined and dreamed of.

Whippoorwill Acres 7
    Whippoorwill Acres 8
    Whippoorwill Acres 9
    Whippoorwill Acres 10
    Sent on 10/26/2019

Whippoorwill Acres's reply:

Where do we even begin? Absolutely gorgeous .....every detail! It was such a pleasure working with you and Josh .... and your families! We are thrilled that you chose Whippoorwill for your wedding weekend.... so much fun!

Gretchen Reichter · Married on 08/31/2019

Definitely would recommend!

Whippoorwill Acres is such a beautiful venue, and the Shipleys were wonderful to work with it! They are sweethearts and were very attentive to our needs, questions and preferences. Their list of recommended vendors made planning easier and helped the day go seamlessly. Their “borrowed room” full of decor was so nice to have access to and made everything even more beautiful. Obviously we loved the venue, and many of our wedding guests even commented on how nice it was and how the Shipleys thought of everything when they built it. Definitely would recommend!

Whippoorwill Acres 11
    Whippoorwill Acres 12
    Whippoorwill Acres 13
    Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 08/10/2019

Whippoorwill is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Every little detail is perfect and was thought out to be just that. Not only is the venue itself perfect, but the Owners and Staff are phenomenal to work with. They go above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect as well the guests enjoy themselves. I planned my dream wedding 3 hours away from Whippoorwill, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. My husband and I even booked the venue without a tour first, CRAZY I know. We had heard about Mitzi and Whippoorwill through a friend, and they were spot on with everything.

Mitzi was always available to answer any questions I had as well as give her professional opinion. I had ideas that I wanted and she made them happen. There are MANY gorgeous and incredible venues to get married at, but the hospitality that is given at Whippoorwill cannot be found anywhere else. Booking Whippoorwill will be one of, if not the easiest choices you make when planning a wedding!!

Christina and Derek Smith

Sent on 10/15/2019

Whippoorwill Acres's reply:

Christina..... Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments! It was a pleasure working with and getting to know you and Derek! You are both such great people. I cannot wait to see all that your future holds ❤️
  • Julie

Julie Crooks · Married on 07/06/2019

Venue of your dreams

Whippoorwill Acres will fill your every expectation! Absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking but also the owners are such wonderful people. Very quick to respond and there to help in any way.

Whippoorwill Acres 14

Whippoorwill Acres's reply:

Love love love.... Thank you, Julie! Your wedding was amazing.... every detail! Thank you so much for choosing Whippoorwill Acres!

Brittany · Married on 06/29/2019

Whippoorwill

Everything was wonderful. The place is beautiful and the staff is great to work with. They will try to accomdates and allow anything you ask you ask for. Dont be afraid to think out of the box.

Whippoorwill Acres 15
    Whippoorwill Acres 16
    Whippoorwill Acres 17
    Whippoorwill Acres 18
    Whippoorwill Acres 19
    Whippoorwill Acres 20
    Whippoorwill Acres 21

Whippoorwill Acres's reply:

Brittany, Thank you so much for choosing Whippoorwill Acres! Your wedding was so much fun and absolutely gorgeous! Hugs to you and Wyatt! Mitzi
  • Elissa

Elissa · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely amazing venue and they are super easy to work with!!

Kelsey · Married on 06/15/2019

The Shipley family is so wonderful and helpful! This past winter, my fiancé and I got engaged. I messaged Mitzi about touring Whippoorwill and she gave our families an amazing tour even though the facility was not yet finished. She was so kind and informative. I loved how honest she was with us. We cannot wait to spend our special day here and continue to work with Mitzi and her family!

Sent on 05/04/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Sparks · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Day of Our Lives Made Better

I really cannot praise Mitzi and the rest of the Shipley family enough. They went above and beyond from the very first day I emailed regarding the venue, to the day after the wedding. Mitzi and Samantha were so kind, helpful, and uplifting during this crazy time of our lives. My husband and I knew that we were in the best of care from the moment Mitzi emailed us (very quickly) when looking for a wedding venue. Mitzi was accommodating in every single aspect of the process. Any weekend we wanted to come check out the venue, she spent time helping us look around and answer any question we had about the venue or giving us advice she had for our big day. The night of the rehearsal dinner, I felt like I had absolutely every base covered because of the help Mitzi and Samantha gave us. Our wedding day was a dream and I mean that in the least cliché way possible because it is so true. From the gorgeous lighting, to the outdoor amenities, to the BRIDAL SUITE, the Shipley family really thought of EVERYTHING when it comes to making your wedding day absolutely perfect. I had no worries about anything because Mitzi and Samantha are truly professionals when it comes to wedding days. I know that every bride who chooses to have her wedding at Whippoorwill Acres will cherish her wedding day for the rest of her life and make the sweetest memories at a little slice of heaven on Earth, Whippoorwill Acres.

Whippoorwill Acres 22
    Whippoorwill Acres 32
    Sent on 07/18/2019

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful Venue

The venue is absolutely stunning and Mitzi made sure that we had a day to remember! They were beyond helpful and made my husband and I feel like part of the family. I would highly recommend Whippoorwill Acres!!

Whippoorwill Acres 33
    Whippoorwill Acres 42
    Whippoorwill Acres 43
    Whippoorwill Acres 44

Jordyn Allen · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing, Perfect, Flawless, Beautiful..I could go on and on!!

I could write an entire book about how amazing and perfect this venue, and the owners are, but it would not do them justice at all. I cannot express enough how Whippoorwill Acres went above and beyond to make our big day so special. The venue layout is gorgeous and open creating a space that is not cramped or crowded. They also offer many unique decor options including wine barrels, wooden spools, etc. I could go on and on, but instead I just encourage you to go visit the venue and see for yourself! You will not be disappointed. Highly, highly recommend this venue. The owners are absolutely amazing and do everything they can to take care of you!

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Jade

Jade Cisler · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing! Outstanding! Incredible!

Couldn’t of chosen a better place to have our wedding!! You can tell all the heart and soul put into this venue!! We loved everything about it including the owners!! They were nothing short of amazing and helped us from the day we chose to the day after everything was over!! Our guest even complimented on how awesome the owners were and how beautiful the venue was!! If I could give it 10 stars I would!!

Whippoorwill Acres 45
    Whippoorwill Acres 46
    Whippoorwill Acres 47
    Whippoorwill Acres 48
    Whippoorwill Acres 49
    Sent on 07/27/2019

MOLLY · Married on 04/27/2019

My experience so far with Whippoorwill Acres has been great. Mitzi & family have been wonderful to work with and I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 05/01/2018
  • Hunter

Hunter Harsch · Married on 03/23/2019

Excellent!!!

The venue is so beautiful! And the owners are so helpful and nice! They really made me feel comfortable and helped my big day run smoothly! 😊

Courtney · Married on 03/16/2019

Incredible Weekend

Mitzi, Sam, Greg and Jake were all incredible hosts. We had such a good time having our wedding here and they were super quick to jump in and help with anything we needed. This place is stunning and very worth it. We booked before it was complete and it was the best decision we made! The bridal suite is spacious and super cute while the grooms den is very nice. It has a poker table under the regular table and the boys loved it! Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Whippoorwill Acres's reply:

Thank you, Courtney! We greatly appreciate your kind words. We wish you and Blake the VERY BEST!! Thank you again for choosing Whippoorwill Acres for your Wedding Day!! It was so beautiful and so were YOU!!

Bethany Lehmkuhl · Married on 03/02/2019

Absolutely Stunning!!!

This venue was absolutely a DREAM. I recommend it to anyone that loves a rustic look, it is just gorgeous. From the outside options to the inside, everything is designed to fit the rustic yet modern look. I have gotten so many compliments on the venue, it’s crazy! Not to mention the bridal suite is gorgeous!!! But to top off the looks of the venue, the owners are the sweetest people you could ever work with. They truly care about your day and want it to go as smooth as possible! They helped out so much during our event, and helped us keep track of last minute details. They are such a joy to work with and without them our day would not have gone as wonderful as it did. They also have a borrowed room FULL of decorations you can use for free, I barely had to buy any decor!! Whippoorwill Acres is truly a gorgeous, spacious venue with many options for the look you are wanting, and the owners you will work with are just as amazing. You will not regret choosing this venue!

Whippoorwill Acres 50
    Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 01/05/2019

Wonderful experience!

Mitzi & her family were so helpful from start to finish. Very kind family!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Mariah · Married on 12/29/2018

Mitzi is AMAZING!! Her and her family really care about you and your event! She is very quick to respond to emails and wants to provide the best experience for you and your guests! Whippoorwill is also very beautiful!!

Sadie · Married on 11/17/2018

Whippoorwill Arces is gorgeous! The owners are beyond helpful!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Ashley · Married on 11/17/2018

I haven’t actually gotten married yet, but they make it a lot less stressful and they are so nice and willing to work with you to make your day as special as it should be! Very easy to get in touch with as well!

Sent on 05/12/2018
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/20/2018

Mitzi and her husband have been a dream to work with! When I was looking for a venue, I had a list of questions a mile long. Mitzi really took the time to answer every question that I had. She made me feel like she cared about my wedding and that it was not just another event for her. Whippoorwill Acres is a beautiful rustic venue that will leave all of your guests in awe. The time and love that this family has put into the building, is truely inspiring and I recommend this wonderful venue for any event you may have.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Vanessa · Married on 10/12/2018

Whippoorwill is where it's at.

I highly recommend Whippoorwill Acres! The space is gorgeous, inside and out. It's a family run business which I think makes it even more special. The Shipleys are great people, very patient, kind and eager to make your day as perfect as possible. This venue is a great space for celebrations of any kind and is a wonderful addition to our small town community.

Whippoorwill Acres 51
    Whippoorwill Acres 62
    Whippoorwill Acres 63
    Sent on 01/17/2019

Whippoorwill Acres's reply:

Thank you, Ness! Your wedding was absolutely wonderful, touching, and so fun!! Thank you so much for choosing Whippoorwill Acres! Best of Wishes and Love to you Both!