What's the Occasion Reviews

73 | Stafford, TX

73 Reviews for What's the Occasion

Dinetta · event on: 12/22/2013

It was such a pleasure working with What's the Occasion Linens & Decor. The linen that were provided for our holiday toy drive and private adopt a family dinner party were amazing! The colors & the fabrics complimented our vision very well. The ladies of Divine Events will definaty be using the services of this company again!! Thanks!!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Walked us through all of the options we needed, showed up on time and arranged everything perfectly! Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Chris · Married on 10/12/2013

We ended up getting napkins last minute for our wedding and Fairrus was very easy to work with and get a hold of. All napkins were delivered. She has a wide variety of napkins and linens available and the color looked perfect with our table decorations and flowers. She will work within your budget and get you exceptional quality. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Jekeisha · event on: 08/31/2013

Wonderful service! Beautiful linens, will use again very soon!!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Chantelle · event on: 08/03/2013

What's The Occasion is extremely creative and professional. From the beginning they worked with our vision and helped bring it to reality. They were flexible with each and every update or change we needed to incorporate and went the extra mile to ensure we got just what we wanted. They delivered the linens, set them up beautifully and came back for break down as well. I didn't have to lift a finger! I would definitely use them in the future and refer then to friends.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Mary · Married on 07/20/2013

The lovely ladies that delivered the table cloths were incredible. Just like a part of our family. The rental made the transition from the wedding to the reception work out great.

THANKS for helping make our baby's event perfect!
    Mary Fontenot
    409-752-7070

Sent on 07/25/2013
  • Z

Z · Married on 07/20/2013

WTO promplty responded to my email request and was able to service our wedding with literally five days to prepare! What a pleasure to work with WTO! We will definitely call WTO for our next event! Excellent service!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Jamail · Married on 05/23/2013

Never have I ever been so impressed with a company and the selfless-lessness of an owner! My wife and I were provided Presidential treatment and we only saw a very small percentage of what "What's the Occasion," Linen & Decor Rentals in Houston can do....IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO ORCHESTRATE YOUR OCCASION...this company is Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/28/2013
  • I

Ivy · Married on 05/11/2013

My daughter's wedding was approaching and we had yet to decide on whether or not to rent a few items. On the Monday before the wedding, I searched the web to determine which company had our items of interest at a fair price. Fairrus was magnificent! She not only had the items at a great price, including delivery and pick up but made a few suggestions which were even better than what we had envisioned. She was warm and very reassuring which helped diminish my anxiety and stress level. Due to time constraints, I could not visit her showroom to pick out the items, so she photographed and emailed them to me so I could make a decision. The items arrived on time which allowed the Houstonian to set up the ballroom that afternoon.

Sent on 05/16/2013

Texasgal · Married on 05/11/2013

About 2 weeks before the wedding my mom and I decided that chargers were in the budget and would make the tables even prettier. What's the Occasion were amazing. They were responsive and got us all we needed on time and for an EXCELLENT price. Truly the chargers were great. They were dropped off on time and picked up timely. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Judy · Married on 05/01/2011

Whats The Occasion is such an amazing company. I have worked with them numerous times and every time has been wonderful! They have a great selection of linens that is unmatched. They keep expanding their selection too and always have new and trendy items. I don't even live in Houston but I travel to Houston just to use Whats The Occasion. Fairrus is absolutely wonderful to work with as well! Thanks for the great service and great items!

Sent on 02/13/2017

Alexandria · Married on 05/22/2010

I actually met Fairrus back in 2010 when she was working with my wedding venue as a coordinator. I was elated when I heard she was now the owner of a linen rental company. As the go to person for my reception and wedding, she was always available to me, whether by phone conversation, email or text. The venue offered only basic linens, so Fairrus made the introduction between me and a linen vendor. She also went with me to the initial meeting to make sure I got exactly what I was looking for and for a great price. I will be referring everyone I know to What's the Occasion. I am so happy for you Fairrus!!!

Sent on 03/30/2013

Carmen · Married on 08/15/2015

We love the service and quality provided at What's the Occasion Linens and Decor. Farrius is great with making our clients feel their vision become a reality. She offers quality linens, superb consultation's, and delivers top notch service for our events!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Auketria · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Well Worth It!

What's the Occasion provided a streamlined process from start to finish which made doing business in the midst of a pandemic seamless. I was able to pay, sign my contract, and complete their client questionnaire digitally which was convenient and safe. Delivery and pick up was timely and staff was customer friendly. Not to mention, my family was thrilled at how I turned my garage into a cocktail bar for my birthday party with the table and bar stool rentals.

I'd use the service again for sure!

Sent on 07/29/2020
  • · Married on 10/12/2019

My experience was the best my wedding was amazing.

What's the occasion made my day the best day ever!!! Everything was just beautiful!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Sharon · Married on 08/17/2014

What's the occasion provided us with our linen and it was all very beautiful. We were very happy. They allowed us to make late changes to our color scheme and they were very flexible.

Sent on 08/20/2014

What's the Occasion was very easy to work with. Delivery and set up was well worth the fee charged. It made the entire set up go a lot smoother. I had multiple last minute changes, but they were no problem. One of the best vendors I met/worked with!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Kailey · Married on 11/24/2017

3.0

Linens were absolutely beautiful, but they left one table cloth out without telling me I wouldn't need it. Do I freaked out thinking I lost one when in reality they shorted me one. Luckily the other two table cloths were long enough to cover the table. They did give me a refund.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Shana · Married on 11/09/2013

What's The Occasion did a fabulous job supplying linens for my Wedding on 11/9. Fairrus was a joy to work with and was very responsive. She also had a lot of ideas and shows her knowledge for the business. I would recommend WTO to anyone looking for a reliable & professional company. I will use them again in the future for events and look forward to working with Farrius again :)

Sent on 11/21/2013

Ekiria · Married on 12/18/2015

The vendor was able to execute a short notice request in a timely manner. They have the most up to date options to choose from. My guests complimented the rentals we received from this vendor.

Sent on 12/27/2015

1.2
      2.0
      0.0

I was very excited to work with the owner and all of her wonderful ideas and beautiful products she has in store. Sadly, after I made my complete payment, she notified me that she was unable to get my linens that I paid for. With my wedding being 29 days out, I had no other choice but to purchase linens from another company. She would not accommodate to my needs and even cussed out my wedding planner. She did refund 25% of the bill for the linens she was unable to order, but it was very difficult to even get portion. I am still out over $500 for something she could not provide. I would not recommend this company to anyone for her unprofessionalism, lack of emotion and disrespect she displayed.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Kristen · Married on 03/12/2016

1.0

We met with and booked this vendor a year before the wedding on 3/12/2016. The staff (minus the owner) showed up to the venue late and was missing some of the linen. When the staff arrived late, the owner was called and she disputed with my mother in law that I (the bride) told her to arrive at a different time when there are email and text messages as evidence. We were on a time schedule and after calling the owner, she was very unprofessional and although she tried to fix the problem, she did not have the linen that was ordered and wanted to substitute. We had to contact another vendor to bring the linen and pay additional money out of pocket and we are still waiting to be reimbursed. The workers were extremely slow (the owner never showed up even when she was notified of all of the problems her company was causing) and they bought dirty, stained linen to put on the tables, but of course we sent it back and would not allow it to be put out on our tables. People in the wedding missed hair and makeup appointments and we had to help her staff get finished so they wouldn't run into time for the wedding party to arrive and take pictures. My husband and I were very disappointed in the services we received and would not recommend this vendor to anyone again. A big thanks to another vendor for coming with the missing linen on a very short notice. The owner Farrius should consult with other linen owners and maybe they can share their professionalism with her. I have worked with other linen companies and this is the worst one ever. My mother in law followed up with her via email (in regards to the poor customer service on our wedding day and being reimbursed for buying the last minute linen from another company) and she only replied AFTER a review was submitted about her business on another wedding website. The problem has yet to be resolved.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Lorraine · Married on 03/16/2018

0.4
      0.5

Horrible experience. Feel totally ripped off! Stay away from this company!

Sent on 03/20/2018