Westwood Country Club Reviews

Westwood Country Club 6
Westwood Country Club 7

S · Married on 06/29/2019

Wonderful experience!

I can't say enough good things about our experience with Westwood Country Club! The staff, especially the event coordinator, Janie, were wonderful to work with! They helped us to have a very happy, beautiful and memorable wedding day!

Sent on 07/20/2019

Susan · Married on 06/09/2018

I had my wedding this past June at Westwood Country Club. Planning this wedding was a dream working with Janie! She keeps everyone so informed, is so easy to get in contact with, and is SO flexible and accommodating! Planning the final guest list for my wedding was great, because Westwood Country Club is one of the largest venues my husband and I were able to find. We looked at so many venues that wouldn't have been able to accommodate all the guests we wanted to invite. The wedding itself went perfectly. My guests loved the venue and the food. They loved the balconies that overlook the beautiful golf course. My wedding photos turned out incredible from all the beautiful spots to take pictures. My guests also loved the convenience of the location of Westwood Country Club, right in Vienna. Overall, I am so happy I chose to have my wedding here! I highly recommend having Westwood Country Club as your wedding venue!

Sent on 08/25/2018
    Westwood Country Club 15
    Westwood Country Club 16
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 04/07/2018

We LOVED having our wedding at Westwood Country Club. Janie and the rest of the team were amazing and we honestly couldn't have picked a better venue. Their team was so flexible and understanding with every one of our needs. The ballroom is one of the best ballrooms in the DC area, so spacious with gorgeous chandeliers and large windows with balconies.

Sent on 04/20/2018

hillary · Married on 10/07/2017

We chose Westwood for our wedding for two reasons; the location and the ballroom. The location is perfect especially for out-of-town guests. We had room blocks in Tysons which was a good central location for those who wanted to venture into D.C. while in town. The ballroom is by far the most beautiful that I looked at for our wedding. A lot of other ballrooms had low ceilings and were smaller in comparison. Westwood also provides a larger than typical dance floor which was a nice bonus.

We worked with Lisa through out our planning. She was attentive and easy to work with. She also gave us great recommendations on vendors and ideas for the wedding. If you plan to have your ceremony there I highly recommend having the room draped. It makes a huge difference and the contact Lisa gave us did a beautiful job! The staff at Westwood did an amazing job flipping the room too! It was a tight window and everything looked perfect for the reception. All of our guests enjoyed the food and bar - we also had late night sliders and fries, which were delicious! I'd definitely recommend adding them! Westwood worked with us on the menu - we were able to cater to guests with dietary restrictions seamlessly.

Westwood has a beautiful golf course that serves as a picturesque backdrop for photos. The only thing is that it does depend on the day on where you will be able to take photos since there are golfers on the course. Also, only the bride and groom can go onto the course for photos. Lisa drove us plus the photographers and videographer out on to the course. She did her best in finding us spots for photos., but the course was busy as it was Columbus Day weekend. Even with that limitation we got some of the most beautiful shots. It is such a beautiful venue with a wonderful team. We found it to be the perfect venue for our wedding day.

Sent on 12/19/2017
    Westwood Country Club 17
    Westwood Country Club 18
    Westwood Country Club 19
    Westwood Country Club 20
    Westwood Country Club 21
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 10/09/2016

We loved our wedding at Westwood. We were able to have both the ceremony and reception at the location. Janie and her team is amazing, they added a ton of little touches that make it really special. It was so great to not have to worry about anything the day of, and there was just a team that took care of every little detail. The service was second to none, and we appreciate all the staff!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Mariam · Married on 09/04/2016

Westwood is by far the most beautiful venue to have your wedding in. Not only is it beautiful but the location is perfect, less than 5 minutes from Tysons and ample free parking for the guests. The property is beautiful when it comes to pictures (however you should note that you can't go onto the golf course itself, just the perimeter but that is still good since the background of the photos will be beautiful). The staff is very professional, courteous, and kind. Janie and her team went above and beyond our expectations. We had an outside caterer as well as other outside vendors but Janie and her team brought them all together. Everything was superb! The only recommendation I would make for future brides is to get at least a day of coordinator who can run the details of your wedding.

Sent on 10/27/2016

K · Married on 08/06/2016

Your only daughter’s wedding is one of those events of a lifetime that is special to everyone. Westwood truly made that dream come true….
    Our daughter’s wedding reception took place in August 2016. Westwood’s location is ideal for a wedding venue. Everything was extremely accessible, since our church is one mile away and the hotel blocks in Tyson’s were less than two miles away.

From the start Janie Mathieson, Director of Food & Beverage, and all the staff at Westwood were responsive and dedicated to make the wedding an outstanding event. They were a joy to work with, are very professional, and are truly interested in creating an idyllic occasion.

The space is wonderful, with beautiful views of the golf course. The area reserved for the cocktail hour has plenty of space for guests to mingle, even with a string quartet and passed hors d’oeuvres service (which were delicious!).

The ballroom set-up was spectacular, and guests had the chance to go outside to the balconies to see the beautiful golf course. Even with a sit-down dinner for 185 guests, a band, dance floor, dessert/coffee set-up, there was plenty of room for everyone to move around comfortably.

We had so many compliments about the meal, which included a combination of filet mignon and salmon entrees. Even the nonmeat-eaters tried and loved it. The service was impeccable.

The evening could not worked out better and people had such a good time. Westwood worked with us patiently throughout the whole process and implemented all the details flawlessly. We would highly recommend the services of Westwood Country Club and very grateful to them to make our dream come true.

Sent on 09/01/2016

My daughter wanted a winter wedding and we needed to find an elegant place close by that would have enough space to accommodate both the wedding and reception. The moment we saw Westwood, we fell in love with the place. It's elegant, refined, a throwback to a more beautiful and elegant time. Even better, their banquet hall is large and can easily accommodate 250 people or in our case, we could take 1/3 of the room and turn it into the most beautiful white, ethereal chapel for the wedding. That is what we did. And we worked beautifully with Janie Mathieson and her staff to make it happen. Janie was never too busy to meet with us at the drop of hat, to answer our many basic questions (this was our first wedding). And the food....let me rhapsodize about the food we were served. The hors d'oevres were succulent. We had juicy, lamb chops, beef satay and spanakopitas. These were plentiful. Dinner was the usual beef or chicken but...what beef , what chicken! The filet mignon was the tastiest filet mignon I ever had and the chicken was as fabulous. Congratulations to the chef for serving such delighhtful food. So on all counts, I highly recommend the Westwood Country Club for your wedding!

Sent on 03/12/2016

We booked a wedding date a year and a half out and knew that the wedding would be perfect. Then came Derecho 2012 knocking out power all over. The Westwood staff worked furiously to find another venue and they moved everything (food, linens, staff) to a new location. They helped us have the most memorable wedding ever and they took a very personal interest in making this happen. Only disappointment is that we could not have it in their ballroom as planned. This venue would make any couple's dream come true. They are fantastic to work with and in a most beautiful location.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Katie · Married on 11/01/2014

Westwood Country club was a delight to work with. Dalila was beyond helpful and made it so I did not need a wedding coordinator. Every detail was taken care of, the site was beautiful, and the guests have been raving about the food. Took up most of my budget, but worth every penny.

Sent on 11/26/2014

It was an absolutely delightful experience working with Dalila and Lisa at Westwood Country Club. They were both so professional, helpful, creative and responsive.
    The venue looked beautiful on the day of our event. The wait and bar staff were all so attentive, my guests actually made comments to me about how nice the staff was there. All of the food, appetizers and dinner were prepared and presented beautifully.
    I was a guest at my own party ! That is the highest compliment I can pay.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Athena · Married on 06/21/2014

We celebrated the 4th of July with spectacular fireworks but even more spectacular for us was the wedding celebration of Andrew and Eleni’s wedding on June 21 thanks to Dalila Dougly and her team.

Preparing for my daughter’s wedding was over a year and a half in the making. Details, details, details… from deciding on a venue to choosing a photographer, band, DJ, organist, limo service, florist, and bakery, … not to mention dresses, tuxes, gifts, favors, invitations, hotel reservations all of which turned into a dream come true. It was a celebration that was a culmination of finesse, splendor, elegance and grandeur creating a memory of a lifetime.

Dalila held my hand, encouraged, inspired and guided me in my quest. What a blessing she was to work with. What a blessing she is for Westwood Country Club. Dalila is the gem and shining light that made our wedding celebration a first class, five star gala. She is a talented experienced professional and was responsive and attentive to every detail.

The ballroom was breathtaking with the beautiful chandeliers and the open view of the golf course. Our complements to the chef, bartenders and staff. Everyone left overwhelmingly satisfied with praises galore. I will definitely recommend Westwood country Club as a venue and especially Dalila and her team to others. Dalila gave me so much peace of mind throughout the process and especially on the day of Andrew and Eleni’s wedding celebration!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Our wedding was held on April 26, 2014. Everything that Westwood Country Club did was wonderful - the food, the room setup, the waiters, the cocktail area, the coordination of the whole evening's events, their regard for the band members and the photographers, and their help with the beautiful pictures around the Club. Their event coordinator, Dalila, was always gracious, helpful and prompt with any questions or concerns that I had. It was definitely a wedding to remember!

Sent on 05/08/2014

It was a beautiful setting, we were able to hold the wedding ceremony, happy hour, and reception all in the same place. The catering by the club was exceptional, it is the only wedding that I've ever been to where all the tables were served at the same time. The dinner and alcohol packages were reasonably priced yet flexible. The catering director coordinated with all of the vendors so there were absolutely no problems. We were able to completely enjoy the entire event with no stress. I can't say enough wonderful things about having an event here, they were organized, delightful to work with and really wonderful to work with.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Westwood Country Club's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that everything went well with your wedding! We wish you all the best! Lisa, Janie and the entire Catering Staff
  • Jennifer Spoone

Jennifer · Married on 11/02/2013

I am so glad I chose Westwood Country Club for our venue. I could not be happier. Dalila Dougly and her team are absolutely amazing! The food was delicious and the service was outstanding! Dalila went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. The ballroom looked amazing, exactly as I had expected. I am so grateful for everyone at Westwood that helped make our day so special!!!

Thank you!!!!

Sent on 06/15/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/05/2013

Our wedding day will forever be the best day of our lives, and we have Dalila Dougly, her assistant Lisa, and the amazing staff at Westwood Country Club to thank for that. Not only does Dalila have excellent recommendations for everything from wedding planners to cake bakers, but she and her staff are so incredibly nice, which is so refreshing as most people in the wedding industry are not. Wedding planning, while fun, can be very stressful, and Dalila, Lisa, and the rest of the team at Westwood saw to it that my now husband and I did not have to worry about a thing. On the wedding day, Dalila was on site to make sure everything ran smoothly. We also had our food for the cocktail hour and reception catered by Westwood. They are flexible to customized menu options (we customized our menu), and let me just say that the food turned out AMAZING. All of our guests agreed and said it was some of the best food they had ever eaten. Our wedding has been dubbed by family and friends as 'the wedding of the century', and I know that this could not have been so without Dalila and the fabulous team at Westwood Country Club. I promise you, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/01/2013
  • F

Frank · Married on 09/21/2013

Our wedding...ceremony and reception met all my expectations ..... Dalila Dougly, the Doir of Catering was a gem to work with. Made some great suggestions, and oversaw the entire event. She was a wedding planner without the title..... just fantasttic.... the club is gorgeous the service to notch, the food was delicious..... nothing could have been better. Thanks Dalila and Lisa.
    Frank and Diane.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Melissa · Married on 08/31/2013

I had my wedding at Westwood Country Club, and I can't say enough wonderful things about Dalila and her staff. They were so helpful during the planning process, and she definitely made me feel at ease. My parents and I got so many compliments about the wedding from our guests, about the ballroom, the food, and the professional and attentive staff. I visited many wedding locations in northern VA (hotels and other country clubs) but this was by far the best venue, and it was so convenient to be near Tysons for out of town guests. I would definitely recommend WCC to any bride!

Sent on 09/10/2013
  • User3537220 · event on 08/23/2013

I loved westwood country club Delilah the planner is great she helped us alot and the venue is gorgeous!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Karen · Married on 07/21/2013

Dalila and her assistant Lisa were incredibly easy to work with for our wedding. Dalila and Lisa were professional yet personable. They worked very well with my mom, who got a little anxious near the weeks before the wedding. I remember once when Dalila and I were meeting to go over the schedule, she told me I looked like I needed a snack and got me some fruit from the kitchen. What made working with Dalila and Lisa even more pleasurable was seeing that they truly enjoy what they do for a living and are as excited for the wedding as their clients. I would highly recommend Westwood Country Club as a location for your wedding.

Sent on 09/15/2013

Westwood Country Club is such a strong meaning for my husband and I which is why we had our wedding there. It was such a great experience and I would highly recommend having your reception there!

Sent on 07/09/2013

I had my reception at Westwood and was thrilled with my experience. Dalila was so great - very willing to work with me even though I was on a VERY limited budget. The whole crew at Westwood did a stellar job on my big day. They have a great space for weddings and I loved that it was right in my hometown of Vienna. The ballroom is breathtaking with beautiful chandeliers - people were blown away at the elegance! The bar room was great too! I still can't believe how lovely everything looked - exceeded expectations. Thanks again Dalila!! :)

Sent on 03/04/2013

Tahmina · Married on 01/26/2013

I absolutely loved having my reception at this venue. Not only is Westwood Country club beautiful from the outside, it is absolutely gorgeous on the inside too. The upgraded decorations add so much glamour and a sense of intimacy throughout the entire evening. All of my guests commented on how romantic the setting was, and how the feeling of "love" permeated throughout the evening.
    Dalila and the staff are fantastic! All of my worries and anxieties about how the evening would go were allayed by Dalila and her staff. I was able to relax and actually enjoy my wedding because I knew they had everything under control. She made the process SO much easier! I loved having my wedding here!!

Sent on 02/04/2013
  • User2032290 · 2+ years ago

Loved working with Dalila and her team for our wedding ceremony and reception. The venue takes care of so much - they have tables and a kitchen on site that prepares the food (everyone at the wedding raved about how much they loved their dinners...and this way, I didn't have to look for a caterer), they handle ordering chairs, table linens (they have a huge selection to choose from), pipe and drape, and so much more! She had great recommendations of other fantastic vendors to work with (was very helpful during the wedding planning process) and went the extra mile throughout the day making sure our wedding day went by smoothly and on schedule, without a hitch. The venue is beautiful - huge ballroom that overlooks the golf course as well as a gorgeous bar area to use for cocktail hour. As Dalila knows the golf course very well, she took our photographer, my husband and me, in a golf cart to certain scenic areas of the golf course for wedding pictures during cocktail hour - keeping track of the time and making sure we were back to the reception in time for it to start. I would definitely recommend this venue and Dalila to others - Westwood gave me so much peace of mind the day of our wedding!

Sent on 10/20/2012

tram · Married on 08/18/2012

We used WestWood Country Club for our ceremony and reception venue and I have to say that it was probably the best decision we ever made! Dalila and her staffs were a joy to work with. The venue is really beautiful from ballroom to outdoor scenery, which is exactly what we were looking for our ceremony and reception. The caterer manager, Dalila, is so great to work with. She was very responsive to all of my emails, phone calls and always willing to work with whatever I needed or asked for. There was a mishap with the flowers from my outsider florist on the day. The florist left me disaster centerpieces, half-death bouquet and all fell-apart bontonniers. But Dalila and her staffs went above and beyond for us to fix everything within a short amount allowable time! That amazed me and I really can't say enough thanks them.

To the bartenders, the servers, the manger, Dalila, thank you so much for all of you help, patience, outstanding service and for most importantly...thanks for the most amazing time of our lives!

Sent on 09/07/2012