Wendy Zook Photography Reviews

Wendy Zook Photography 6
Wendy Zook Photography 7

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Photos

Wendy is such a sweetheart and is fantastic to work with. She really takes the time to get to know you to ensure everything you’ve envisioned for your photos happens. We appreciated how helpful Wendy was in planning out our day and are very happy with how the photos turned out!! AND impressed at how quickly she got them out to us :) We are so glad we chose Wendy to document our special day!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Deborah · Married on 09/08/2018

Wendy was amazing for my boudoir shoot! She made me feel so comfortable the entire time.

Wendy Zook Photography's reply:

Oh, Debbie! Thank you so much for your review! You are beautiful inside AND out and I am so grateful you chose me to capture that beauty.

Nicole · Married on 08/07/2018

Wendy Zook is a phenomenal photographer. Professional & friendly, she makes every effort to make any special day over the moon with her personality and skills.

Wendy Zook Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Nicole! Love working with you! I appreciate your kind words SO much!

Diana C · Married on 07/28/2018

Wendy is one of the best photographers I ever met! I had seen her during NDSS events and she captures the essence of every event! Either a gala or just headshots for a company! After seeing her work, I asked her to take our first family photos! She did a fantastic job and even my husband that only likes candid shots was very happy with the final result!
    She is simply the best!

Wendy Zook Photography's reply:

Thank you, Diana! I love that NDSS (and our babies!) brought us together. The National Down Syndrome Society events are some of the most special things my photography has brought into my life! Thank you for your kind words!

Rebecca · Married on 07/14/2018

Wendy did our engagement photos and she was amazing!!! She was super sweet, professional, and creative, and got our photos back to us very quickly. We loved working with her and had so much fun during our session. My only regret was that we didn’t meet Wendy sooner, as we’d already booked our wedding photographer when we decided to do engagement photos :) I highly recommend working with her!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Courtney · Married on 10/14/2017

Wendy is the sweetest person ever! She was so flexible and easy to work with! Our pictures turned out better than I could have imagined and the photo album we received as part of the photography package was stunning. I absolutely recommend Wendy to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Wendy Zook Photography 8
    Wendy Zook Photography 9
    Wendy Zook Photography 10
    Wendy Zook Photography 11
    Wendy Zook Photography 12

Wendy Zook Photography's reply:

Ahhh, Courtney! Thank you so much for sharing this. It means so much to me. I LOVED working with the two of you and I felt like the luckiest photographer in the world to be able to capture SUCH a gorgeous day! Thank you !

Anna · Married on 10/01/2017

Wendy and I have truly become friends over the past 2 years. She was always been just a message away when I was stressed, had a question, or just wanted to talk. We set up a Pinterest board, which I absolutely loved. She also helped me with timelines for the day. The fact that she becomes so close with her couples is truly a blessing. I truly felt like I was just hanging out with one of my friends all day, and that friend just happened to have a camera! My second shooter was Lovebug Photography, and Jessie is amazing too! I swear the 3 of us could not stop laughing all day. I can not wait to see the rest of our pictures

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Wendy Zook Photography 13
    Wendy Zook Photography 14
    Wendy Zook Photography 15

Dani · Married on 08/24/2017

I have worked with Wendy both professionally as a fellow photographer and as a client. Both times have been outstanding! Wendy's attention to her clients its incredible and the relationships she forms are so important to her! You won't be disappointed in her decision hire her!!

Wendy Zook Photography's reply:

Dani! You are a rockstar ! I'm so grateful to you for sharing this little insight into working with me on BOTH sides of the camera. It's been such a joy! Thank you!

Christine · Married on 11/05/2016

If you are looking for an amazing wedding photographer, Wendy is your girl! From the minute I contacted Wendy, I knew she was the photographer for us. She goes out of her way to make sure every detail is taken care of and to capture your vision. I used Wendy for my engagement photos, boudoir photos, and wedding photos. For each session, Wendy makes you feel so comfortable and special. She has an incredible eye for details and for capturing the real emotion behind a photograph, which is exactly what you want for your wedding day. It’s not the formal photos that remind you how great your day was – it’s the natural fun and excitement that is so important to be documented. Wendy's ability not to miss a moment is incredible, and her energy and passion comes across in the photos.
    We also had Kristin from My Little Sunshine Photography as our second shooter for our wedding day. She was also amazing and extremely professional. We would recommend asking for her if you're thinking of a second shooter!
    My husband and I are sad the wedding is over, just for the fact that we don't get to work with Wendy anymore. She is not only a professional photographer through the whole process, but also a great friend. We would recommend Wendy to anyone!

Sent on 12/15/2016

What can i say about Wendy?? First of all, her packages were the most inclusive and the most affordable. She was willing to work with us as well. We were at ease the moment we met her - she is very easy to get along with and really listens to your thoughts/concerns. It's easy to see Wendy's passion for her work - she really goes above and beyond for her clients. With weather changes, we needed a backup for pictures and I called her one evening to help me think the day through. She helped me map out the day and put my frazzled mind at ease. Wendy will never make you feel like a crazy bride, but will use her experience to help you through the process. If you do not have a wedding planner, like us, Wendy also helps you to map out your time, gather all the vendor's information in one place, and trouble shoot potential issues. Her pictures are incredible - her website does not do her justice at ALL - and she makes the process so painless. I kept looking at my pictures thinking...how is that ME? Fabulous! Even my husband loved them, which is a huge compliment since he doesn't like pictures of himself. She keeps the day light and fun and truly added to our overall experience. Wendy genuinely cares about her clients and I cannot recommend her enough.

P.S. Wendy collaborates with such wonderful professionals. Our second shooter was Jenny from Lass and Beau and she was so great! Very laid back, easy to work with, just what we needed! Thank you ladies!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Jen · Married on 10/08/2016

You would be extremely hard pressed to find a better wedding photographer than Wendy! Even before Wendy took a single picture of us, we were impressed with her organization and communication--she will never leave you in the dark, and is on top of even the smallest Wedding Day details. Her planning sessions (which we held at a local coffee shop) are thorough and professional, while giving you the sense that she genuinely cares about capturing the special moments of your wedding.

On the day of the wedding, Wendy and her second shooter were amazing, from hair and makeup to the reception send-off. She did a great job working with family members and kids to make sure everyone was included, and was constantly upbeat and happy. Wendy obviously loves what she does, and was so creative with her suggestions, while taking care to accommodate every pose and location we wanted. She even posted a sneak-peek of the pictures less than 24 hours after the reception, and we can't stop looking at these! They look amazing and capture the happiness of our day, and we can't wait to see the rest of them. We are so grateful that we found Wendy, and couldn't recommend her strongly enough!

Sent on 10/23/2016
  • Melissa847

Melissa · Married on 09/24/2016

It took me awhile to find a photographer for our wedding, and I'm so glad that I found Wendy. She is absolutely amazing. Her personality and energy are infectious and make for great pictures.
    Our first meeting was at Starbucks to chat and go over details, afterwards we knew she was the photographer for us. She is great with communication (e-mail, facebook, pinterest you name it!) and works with you to make your pictures everything you want them to be.
    Throughout the wedding both her and the second shooter she hired were great. They were both very efficient, professional and very helpful. When I had a make up emergency Wendy was ready to help out. And even during picture time Wendy was guiding me to adjust my necklace, or her second shooter was grabbing purses and sunglasses to make sure they weren't in the pictures.
    I just got the pictures back yesterday and I'm so in love with them. Wendy and her second shooter really know how to capture every moment. My favorite shots aren't the ones where everyone is posed in front of the camera but the candid shots where me and my husband are embracing or I'm giving my flower girl a hug. Just everything from start to finish was amazing. Thank you Wendy for making our best day ever so memorable!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Nicole · Married on 09/17/2016

I was hooked on Wendy from our first meeting ! She is personable, hilarious, creative, sunshiney, and an all-around beautiful soul. Trust me when I say her website shows only a small sliver of what she can do to capture the love story of your special day. The packages she provides are super reasonable and comprehensive for whatever the bride and groom are looking for. She has connections to amazing second photographers (shout out to Lass & Beau!) and, (most importantly in my opinion) somehow brings a calmness to the wedding day that takes the stress out of the big day and brings an ease to the whole process.

She is incredibly responsive to emails, has great Facebook posts to keep her WZP Brides connected, and makes you feel like you're special and that your love story is her favorite. She makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, she looks at your Pinterest boards to see what kinds of shots you like, and she talks at length about portraits and other "must have" shots for your big day. She takes diligent notes, helps organize the timeline of your day, and keeps the bridal party and other guests organized to keep the day on track from getting ready to the dance-party reception. After the big day, she provided sneak peeks, and provided a gallery of images that was beautifully organized and easy to browse.

With Wendy, we found not only a wonderful photographer, but a joyful person to be around and a real friend. You will NOT be disappointed with Wendy taking care of photos of your big day [or your family photos, engagement sessions, or boudoir photos, to name a few areas] she will make your day even more special just by being a part of it. Thank you Wendy !!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Courtney · Married on 08/26/2016

She's amazing! Super flexible, friendly, great pictures and good pricing

Sent on 09/03/2016

Corynn · Married on 06/10/2016

Wendy is an incredibly talented wedding photographer. She is a true artist, whose passion for her work comes through in every little detail of what she does. We were so lucky to have found her. Working with Wendy made the wedding planning process go so smoothly, she is so approachable and friendly every step of the way. She captured our big day with such grace and attention to detail, while making us feel so comfortable and at ease. Our engagement photos and wedding photos are simply stunning and I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a creative, kind, professional, and reliable wedding photographer.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Megan · Married on 11/21/2015

Wendy is so kind and easy to work with! She made my husband and I feel comfortable during our wedding and was flexible and open to any ideas we had.

Sent on 09/18/2018
    Wendy Zook Photography 16
    Wendy Zook Photography 17
    Wendy Zook Photography 18
    Wendy Zook Photography 19

Wendy Zook Photography's reply:

Oh, Megan, thank you SO much for your kind words! Your day was so special and I felt incredibly lucky to be a very small part of your love story. <3

Heather · Married on 09/19/2015

Wendy was amazing from start to finish! Our conversation started off on the phone where she was patient enough to answer a worried brides list of questions. After deciding to go with Wendy, we met for coffee so she could learn about me, my future husband and our wedding style. That conversation alone solidified my choice in a photographer. Throughout the time before the wedding, Wendy kept in constant contact. We shared inspiration and wedding ideas. She is so full of energy that you can't help but get excited when you are around her. The day of the ceremony was awesome. Wendy arrived early and jumped right in. She was not bossy and allowed the pictures to come naturally to her rather than staging my entire morning. We got some amazing shots and she truly captured so many moments that I would not have been able to see if it wasn't for her and her second photographer Stacey. We received our pictures in a timely manner and they were edited to perfection. When sharing our photos with others, the ultimate praise I believe a photographer can be given was shared with me... "Wow, I didn't even know she was there!" As I mentioned before Wendy did an amazing job without staging the photos. She caught the fun without interrupting it. I just wish I was getting married again so we could use Wendy!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Anita · Married on 05/16/2015

Wendy is a pleasure to work with especially when you are stressed to the max trying to put everything together on your own.She is very professional but fun at the same time. Genuinely interested in making the photos of your special day exactly what "YOU" want not someone else's idea of what your wedding photos should be like. She takes your ideas and works magic with them.During your event she is very unobtrusive. My husband after seeing some of the pictures said, OMG! he didn't even realize that she stayed as late as she did.She got some shots of moments we totally missed but would have definitely wanted to see. The proofs look fantastic!! I can't wait to see the actual photo album!! Wendy is absolutely a person you want on your team on your special day.I loved working with her and will definitely work with her again.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Tasneem · Married on 09/07/2018

Wendy’s work is absolutely incredible! Not only does she capture the most beautiful moments throughout the day, she is so much fun to be around. She really has a gift of making you feel comfortable throughout the whole process. When searching for your Maryland wedding photography needs, destination wedding or a beautiful family session, I would highly recommend Wendy! Her years of experience and talent will not disappoint.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Kelly · Married on 06/27/2015

We have had the pleasure of using Wendy twice so far for family life style sessions. She has extremely fair pricing which includes rights to all the digital images. Her booking process is simple and flexible which was great for my family. We have 2 young boys and we had to change our session time due to weather so they wouldn't be too chilly and Wendy was so understanding. Wendy was very patient with my young boys and did her best to capture the best images she could. Here is the only reason I was not able to give 5 stars in the area of quality. During our first session, I have no complaints. The images were perfect!
    Our second session was great as well, but I was not as impressed with our pictures. I had one with my eyes shut, and quite a few were just taken at really odd angles and looking back at them I wish Wendy would have redirected us to get a few better shots. I do realize we were not in her normal location for photos and taking pictures of a family with 2 young kids is challenging. Although there were some photos I was not crazy about, we were able to treasure a few memories from that session and I do plan to use Wendy again in the near future. Wendy was super efficient at releasing our edited images. She had them back to us within a day or two! I definitely recommend Wendy.

Wendy Zook Photography 20

Wendy Zook Photography's reply:

Thank you for your honest review, Kelly! I am grateful to have captured two sessions with you so far and look forward to more in the future! You have a beautiful family!