Wendi Curtis Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Gabriela
    Gabriela M. Married on 04/09/2022

Best choice if you need a bestie and a photographer duo!

Choosing Wendi was by far one of my best decisions we made. The first time I spoke to her on the phone I felt an immediate connection and could feel her passion for capturing magical moments. Coming up to the wedding she helped me organize the day and plan it to me and my husband's desires. The day of she made us feel like we were the most confident people on Earth! We felt so comfortable. My husband is usually shy to the camera and he felt that Wendi's energy was extremely contagious and made the experience so much easier and enjoyable for him. Wendi also made sure that my needs were met, not only when it comes to photography, but if anything came up at the wedding she was there to support! We were so lucky to find her and recommend her to everyone we know and can read this!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Y. Married on 01/28/2022

The Best Photographer

Wendi is the absolute best at capturing every moment of your wedding day. She is so fun to work with and helps keep the day moving. She is so talented!
    Heidi W. Married on 11/05/2021

Total package

From our first interview with Wendi we could tell she was eager to photograph our daughter's wedding; her love for photography and weddings was evident. Our daughter was very comfortable with Wendi and knew wedding day would run smoothly with Wendi as photographer. And the photos beautifully capture an amazing day!

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Heidi! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It was a beautiful wedding day and I loved being a part of it!
    Ralin C. Married on 09/08/2021

Wendi was great!

Professional and made sure the day went smooth. We were very pleased with our end result pictures! Highly recommend Wendi to anybody!

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Hi Ralin, Thanks for the kind words! I'm so glad your wedding day went so smoothly, it was perfect! It was lovely working with you, thanks for choosing me!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn G. Married on 07/31/2021

Great energy and time management!!

Absolutely we would recommend Wendi Curtis for any photography needs! Her personality and energy was perfect to keep everyone engaged on our wedding day, which also made it easier to get a lot of great photos within a set timeframe. She's very good at time management and estimating how long she will need. I thought we weren't going to have enough time for all that we were going to do, but she was spot on with timing and we were in place for our grand entrance ahead of schedule. If she thinks of an idea, just go with it... seriously! Wendi has a great creative eye and you won't regret trusting her advice! We hired her for our wedding and engagement session and we can't wait to have her again when we have a family!

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind words and helpful review! Your wedding day was perfect and I am honored to be your photographer!
    Katelyn L. Married on 07/24/2021

Could not say enough good things

Wendi has been amazing to work with. We originally booked her for our wedding in 2020 and decided to postpone until 2021. Wendi was so accommodating and understanding through the entire process.

Originally, we weren't going to do engagement pictures but I am so glad we did! Our pictures turned out amazing! Wendi walked around Chicago with us and made sure we had all of the shots that we wanted and they are perfect! She had a very quick turn around and got our pictures back to us within a few weeks! It was so nice to have someone from home when you're in a new place. She made us feel comfortable!

When I had to reschedule my wedding for a second time due to the wedding venue going out of business, Wendi again was so accommodating and changed our date, again. She even went as far as sending us other venues that she's worked at as places for us to look at. I could not recommend Wendi enough and I can't wait for her to photograph our wedding! You will not be disappointed with Wendi.

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks Katelyn! I am so sorry you have had to go thru all the covid changes, I am so thankful I will be able to photograph your wedding! I can't wait!!
    Danielle D. Married on 07/09/2021

Nothing less than perfect

I got all my pictures back within a week! There was many changes that happened due to Covid and Wendi rolled with it and the pictures turned out amazing. Wouldn’t want anyone else taking my wedding pictures.

Hi Danielle,
    Thanks for the kind words. It was a tough year (thanks Covid) but your positive can-do attitude made the day! Thanks for being flexible and taking photos in that dead end road with the magical trees/light! I loved photographing your wedding day!
    Millaray R. Married on 06/14/2021

Wendi was amazing

Wendi is THE BEST. She was super responsive from the beginning, and flexible about our needs and what to offer for a smaller wedding like ours. She was also very patient with me because I wasnt replying so fast...never a complain or any awkwardness about it.

The day of the wedding she made everyone feel comfortable and beautiful, she took amazing pictures and she sent us some right away, the next day.

I TOTALLY recommend going with her :)

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind and helpful review! Your wedding day was so intimate and special, it was fun to work with you guys and your friends/family! I wish you all the happiness!
    Karen G. Married on 06/04/2021

Amazing photographer

Wendi was very professional and offered great ideas for my daughters wedding day. The photos came out amazing. She is very personable and easy to work with. We would recommend her and use her again.

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! I enjoyed working with you all and wish you the best!
  • Brittany
    Brittany N. Married on 05/30/2021

Amazing!

Absolutely loved working with Wendi. She did an amazing job and did a quick turnaround for the picture reveal. She was super flexible to work with and made sure to capture my "must-have" photos while capturing so many more I never thought to ask. She was great working with all the guests to gather them for family photos, etc. Wendi always responded promptly to emails or questions I had. Wendi checked in regularly to see if I needed anything else from her. She truly made the day/experience! I am so happy I went with her and would recommend her to anyone who asks.

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind and helpful review Brittany! Your wedding was such a treat, you guys were awesome to work with!! I wish you all the happiness!
    Allison Married on 04/17/2021

Wendi is the best

Wendi was amazing and so fast with all our family! She got all our requested shots and helped greatly with our timeline, while keeping everyone laughing! She was super organized and kept my type A nerves at ease. She was one of the best hires we made, especially with Covid changes affecting our day and gave us the best photos to remember our perfect day!

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Allison! It was a tough road to get thru the Covid chaos but your day turned out beautiful and I was thrilled to document for you! I wish you all the happiness!
    Megan O. Married on 04/10/2021

Excellent wedding photographer

Wendi was wonderful to work with! She took our engagement photos as well as wedding photos and they turned out BEAUTIFUL! We get endless compliments of our photos. She has a quick turn around, with a preview within days and the full album in less than a month. She truly has a passion for photography and it shows in every aspect of her work!
  • Megan
    Megan O. Married on 04/10/2021

Excellent Photographer

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind review Megan! It was truly a joy working with you guys, I am so lucky you chose me to document your love story! I wish you all the happiness.
  • Collin
    Collin O. Married on 03/07/2021

Wedding Photography

She did an awesome job on our engagement and wedding photos. Wendi came up with amazing ideas while working with our ideas as well. She did an amazing job working with my videogrpaher as well. You would be so lucky to have her. Thank you so much Wendi for such an amazing job.

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks Collin for the kind review! I was lucky to be a part of your wedding day! Thank you for choosing me!
  • Daryl
    Daryl C. Married on 02/01/2021

Excellent professional wedding photographer

Wendi Curtis was an excellent photographer for our daughter and son in laws wedding. We had a winter wedding and she was so efficient and talented to get all the best shots outdoors in a winter wonderland. We couldn't be happier with the photos. Wendi was professional, upbeat and timely on both the wedding day and with photos we purchased. We highly recommend her.

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

It was lovely to meet with you and photograph your daughters gorgeous winter wedding! Thanks for choosing me!
    Reema Married on 09/26/2020

Don’t delay! Hire Wendi now!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Wendi Curtis! She is so incredibly personable, energetic, fun and her photos are out of this world amazing! We have not stopped getting compliments about our engagement and wedding photos. Wendi goes out of her way to make sure that she captures all the special moments and beyond. My now husband and I absolutely loved working with her. Her photography skills are amazing and coupled with her personality and you are all set!

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Reema! Your day was so unique, it was a joy working with you guys! Thank you for choosing me!
  • Kayla
    Kayla G. Married on 08/29/2020

Loved working with Wendi!

Wendi did an incredible job photographing our wedding day and engagement photos. She was always so responsive and helped answer my many questions. My husband and I don't love being the center of attention and Wendi eased that worry for us making us feel so comfortable every step of the way. She was also very flexible as we worked through postponing our wedding due to covid. Not only was she kind, responsive, and professional but the final product is beautiful!

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind review Kayla! Despite all the covid chaos your wedding day was perfect and so beautiful! I loved documenting your love story, I wish you all the happiness!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 06/20/2020

Stunning photographs

We loved working with Wendi. She captured every detail of our wedding and we have the most beautiful photographs. Wendi made everything feel completely natural. We will always recommend Wendi to everyone we know.

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for the kind words and helpful review. You guys were so fun to work with! Thanks for choosing me!
  • Rachel
    Rachel O. Married on 04/07/2020

Her photos say it all!!!

We chose Wendi because of her experience of doing weddings. She is very professional in everything she does. She spent countless time on the phone because my son and daughter in law to be live in Maryland and Wendi wanted to make sure she got their wishes. She visited the venue to make sure she could capture the best photos that would also bring the beauty of nature into them. We were very pleased with her staff and those memories are beautifully captured to enjoy for a lifetime. Thank you Wendi Curtis and your staff.

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks Rachel for the kind words! It was such a fun wedding day, I enjoyed working with your son and daughter-in-law!
    Martha Married on 02/29/2020

A day to remember

Getting married in winter is always a risk. But we couldn’t have asked for a better day. I couldn’t select only one as a favorite. I love looking at our photos and remember it like it was yesterday. I would highly recommend Wendy for your wedding/ photography needs.

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Hey Martha! Winter is such a beautiful time to get married! So glad you guys were up to brave the cold weather for such gorgeous images. Thanks for choosing me!
    Stephanie T. Married on 01/18/2020

Professional and thorough

Highly recommended!!! Wendi has so many years of experience and it makes a difference. She knows what questions to ask, ideas to consider, and suggestions to make it all go smoothly and beautiful. She knew when to take control and when to step back and let things happen. We loved having her there for the entire day!

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind words and helpful review! It was so special to photograph your daughter's wedding! Thank you for choosing me.
    Kimmy S. Married on 11/22/2019

Our wedding was perfect!

Wendi was so great to work with! She was flexible with our funky schedule and her 8 hour package was perfect for our needs. She was affordable too which was what we needed. Her work is incredible. We are very pleased with all of those memories she captured! My husband and I have already recommended her to a few of our family and friends that are engaged.

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks Kimmy for the kind words and for recommending me to your family and friends! You are the best! Thanks for choosing me!
    Jamie Married on 08/24/2019

Wendi is Wonderful!

I cannot say enough good things about Wendi! She is a true pro in every sense of the word. She took the time to ask questions and get to know us and get a feel for what we wanted for our photos. She did an amazing job on our engagement photos, even travelling into Chicago and spending time going to all the locations we wanted and were special to us. Even after getting food poisoning the night before our wedding, she showed up on our wedding day with a smile on her face and ready to go, she didn't skip a beat. We had a preview of about 60-70 photos on FB within 2 days of our wedding, and had all photos in a month. If I had to do it all again, I would choose her everytime! My best friend and sister in law is also using her!

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind and helpful review. It was a blast photographing your Chicago e-session and getting to know you guys! though I was not feeling well on your wedding day, I wouldn't have missed it! Thanks for being patient, the photos turned out amazing! You are gorgeous and I was honored to be a part of your day!
    Allison G. Married on 08/23/2019

Incredibly professional and easy to work with photographer

This review is long overdue - but while reviewing this year I am just over the moon with our decision to go with Wendi as our wedding photographer. Our pictures turned out wonderful. She has so much experience and was able to help guide us to make sure that we were able to fit in everything we were hoping for into our day, without it feeling forced or frustrating. Incredibly professional, easy to work with, and allowed us to capture the incredible day as it was instead of having too many forced postures (not what we wanted). Since we were coming in from out of town, we weren't able to meet in person until our wedding day, but she still took the time to facetime with us to understand our goals. If you are considering going with Wendi at all - I would say don't hesitate. She was wonderful and will capture your special day beautifully!

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Hey Allison! Thanks so much for the kind and helpful review!! I love that you are enjoying your photos and have such lovely memories! It was such a joy to photograph your wedding! Thank you for choosing me!
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 08/09/2019

Wedding photos

Wendi was amazing to work with! She really captured our special day! It is so hard to choose our favorite photo ◡̈

Wendi Curtis Photography's reply:

Hey Megan! Thanks for the kind review! Your wedding was so fun! I especially loved including both of your sweet fur babies in the photos! Thanks for choosing me!