Wedlock Officiants Reviews

Wedlock Officiants 5
  • Jacob

Jacob Shirley · Married on 10/27/2019

Great experience!

Scott was great, he worked with us and did everything to accommodate our schedule. He even drove out by Breckenridge for the ceremony without any issue or hassle.
    The ceremony was perfect. I highly recommend Wedlock Officiants.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

It is so nice to be able to work both large heavily planned weddings and also small intimate elopements like this one with one week notice. That's the beauty of wedding ceremonies. They are flexible and you can make them be whatever you want them to be. Jacob and Marissa were simply wonderful to work with and it was so easy to put everything together just the way they wanted. Although I need to put out a special shout out to their wonderful dog who not only made the trip but also served as witness!
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/19/2019

Beautiful ceremony

Scot was amazing. He made the experience writing our wedding ceremony so easy. We were able to read through examples and piece together exactly what we wanted. Sry detail oriented down to stuff we had never thought of or considered a thing. Great experience!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Shelli

Shelli · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing! Scot is THE best!

We couldn’t have found a better officiant for our wedding. Scot was so organized throughout the entire process. At the rehearsal, he told everyone what to do and when to do it, easing all of our nerves. On our wedding day, he had our vows printed in his book so we didn’t have to worry about bringing them. He texted us to let us know he was on his way and stepped aside for our first kiss photo. Not to mention, everyone at our wedding loved him and we still get compliments on our ceremony! He went above and beyond our expectations. If you’re looking for an officiant, he is the one! Thank you so much Scot for everything!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Aubrey

Aubrey Roth · Married on 09/06/2019

Perfect in Every Way!

Scot was the perfect choice for us when looking for a wedding officiant. He has the perfect amount of casual, laid back easy going feel, combined with impeccable organization and strong communication. Scot knew exactly how to appeal to our personalities and engage our wedding guests. He persevered with dignity and appropriate humor as we got married, outside in the pouring rain! Our wedding was perfect and Scot played a huge role in that success!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Lauryn N Rousseau · Married on 07/25/2019

Excellent!

I don't intend to ever need his services again, but I would be a repeat client if I do! Scot was great to work with. He worked around our wishes and needs to customize a perfect ceremony for our Colorado Elopement. He has a professional but laid back personality that made him a pleasure to talk to and welcome into our wedding day.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

[laughs] Yeah, out of all of my potential marketing opportunities, I focus on repeat business the least! The phrase, "Nice to see you again", is wonderful... in a coffee shop, at a movie or on a hiking trail. Much less so at my office. [Where is a thumbs down emoji when you need it?]. But in all seriousness, Steve and Lauryn were great. They found a perfect little spot up from their vacation rental and we had a great time with an amazing sunset as our backdrop with their closest friends and family. Hard to ask for anything better than that.
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent Work

Scot is very good at what he does. He thought of absolutely everything and is very personable. Our wedding party was a bit nervous about getting everything right, but Scot made us all feel at ease and we received so many compliments on the ceremony he wrote. Cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

This was easily one of my top ten weddings ever! Not only did it check all the boxes I personally enjoy when it comes to ceremonies: a custom ceremony telling the world their story, hopes and dreams; readers coming up to read touching poems; a unique whiskey unity ceremony; an historic mountain location with a great view; a sound system where everyone could hear everybody loud and clear and didn't obstruct photos; and perfect weather. But it also had the key component that makes it all special: a deep emotional love put on display by a couple lost in the moment. These two were so locked into each other it would have been impossible to think they could or should have made any other choice than to marry each other. Everyone could see it. Nothing else compares.
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 06/15/2019

Beyond my expectations!

Scott has done such an amazing job assisting with us before, during, and even after our ceremony. He made everything so easy, and the service that he wrote was both detailed, and heartfelt. I'm so thankful that we picked him to be our officiant. Couldn't have had a better officiant!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Writing a custom ceremony is always a challenge. But the key is to find the drama and story underneath. In a lot of ways a custom ceremony is more like a screenplay than a speech. You need to introduce characters and shown the journey they've taken and how they've changed. Of course everyone knows the ending, but you want to keep everyone on the edge of their seats. And with Daniel and Kathryn they had a great story spanning nearly a decade from the time they first met until they slid rings on their fingers. It was story of ups and downs, risks and rewards. And it ended in the best way possible, with a kiss.
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Officiant in CO

I cannot say enough good things about Scot and Wedlock Officiants! I am a violinist in Denver and have literally been to hundreds of weddings. I can easily say that Scot's ceremony was the most beautiful, well organized, and thoughtful that I have ever seen. He was always quick to respond and the process for creating a ceremony specific to us was absolutely flawless. Scot even mailed in our marriage license for us! Everything was beyond my wildest dreams. If you are on the fence about hiring Wedlock Officiants, just do it! You will be thankful you did!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

It is one thing to get a glowing review from someone who has perhaps attended a couple weddings for their friends and has just been married themselves for the first time. It's an entirely different thing to get a glowing review from someone who is in the industry and has been a part of hundreds of weddings. It just reinforces my desire to make every wedding as touching, smooth and intimate as I can. And while this isn't the first wonderful endorsement I've received from a wedding pro, it is the first wonderful endorsement I've received from marrying a wedding pro. And that is something extra. Elizabeth, thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot.

Amelia · Married on 10/26/2018

Ceremony Officiant

Our officiant, Scot Sanders of WedLock Officiants, was awesome! He was very personable, but also organized. He gave us a lot of options for ceremony style, unity ceremony, readings, and vows. He let us add all of the personal touches that we wanted to, while keeping the traditional wedding ceremony feel. Scot was excellent, I would absolutely recommend him!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I feel like one of the worst things that could happen to a couple is going to a wedding after they've had their own and seeing something that they wished they would have done. I take a lot of pride in laying out as many options as I can to make sure couples like Amelia & Cody can have a ceremony that they not only enjoy but can feel proud of years later!

Jordan Shaffer · Married on 10/21/2018

AMAZING. Scot is the best.

We couldn’t have dreamt of a better officiant than Scot. We contacted him with very little notice about our elopement (we flew from Texas to Denver!), and he was nothing but enthusiastic and helpful the entire time. Upon meeting with Scot over video chat, we knew right away he was the best fit for us. Scot was so knowledgeable and helped us through every step of putting our dream ceremony together. He was also incredibly kind and understanding, as we dealt with some crazy family issues that lead to bumping our ceremony a day over. We couldn’t be more grateful. Scot even found the perfect spot for our wedding. Our ceremony was so special and Scot is the best for the job, hands down. If you are getting married in Colorado, he’s your man.

Wedlock Officiants 6
    Wedlock Officiants 7
    Sent on 11/01/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Jordan & Evan were such great sports! They let me take them up a short hike to my favorite elopement spot where the view is spectacular and the photography is die for. The weather was amazing and their vows were heartfelt and touching. You really couldn't ask for a better place to do a ceremony or a couple to do it for!

Crystal · Married on 09/14/2018

Couldn’t say enough great things about Scot who officiated our small elopement ceremony in Breckenridge CO on 9-14-18. He was very professional and personable. He asked us what we preferred him to wear, even up to the color of his suit/tie. He had several different options available for ceremonies and packages. He even waived the travel fee since he was going to be in the same town for another wedding later that day. We had a quick elopement style ceremony with a small wedding party and he gave us a great discount and had excellent customer service. His enthusiasm and love of his profession showed during the ceremony. He made me and my fiancé and the wedding party feel at ease and made it a wonderful day. Very reasonable prices. Would absolutely recommend Scot!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Allie · Married on 08/11/2018

Scot was so amazing to work with!!! He did such a great job of incorporating the personal touches we wanted into our ceremony. So many of our guest commented about how great our ceremony turned out and how impressed they were with Scot. We would highly recommend Scot if you're looking for an officiant for your wedding.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Allie and Justin were really fun to work with and their whole family had a really great energy. I get a kick out of it when couples take the time to personalize their ceremony and not only did they dig up the perfect poem to describe their love, but their vows were moving as well. In a nutshell, outside forces had caused some obstacles to their first couple of dates, but they persisted and eventually they found their 'everyday kind of love'. And that persistence will serve them well in their new life together.

Caitlin · Married on 08/02/2018

Scot did wonderful. He got the exact ceremony we wanted and went over everything with us so that the day it was comfortable and no surprises. The consultation was awesome. I would recommend Scot in a heartbeat. His experience and professionalism were top notch.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I really try to put a lot of effort into the consultation. It's the one time where I really get to show off all of the things that go into a wedding ceremony and highlight all of the options that can make a ceremony fun, meaningful and interesting. I'm so glad that you appreciated it!

Jenn · Married on 07/20/2018

Scot was nothing short of AMAZING! He added a spark to our ceremony that made it heartfelt, professional and memorable. He took charge of the process from start to finish and we are so grateful we found him :)

Sent on 08/01/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I am a big fan of people taking ownership of their work and I feel like it's my responsibility to make sure the entire ceremony goes as well as it possibly can. Whether that's making sure the chairs are straight, the bubbles are put out or that the boutonnieres are pinned on straight, I want to make sure I've done everything I can to make a wedding great! And I'm so glad the Jenn and Aaron experienced a touching and worry-free wedding!

stacey · Married on 07/20/2018

Scot was very professional and an amazing resource as we planned our big day. His quick response times were great in the final days of preparation. Very friendly and helpful with guests. Overall we were thrilled with our services Scot provided.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I had a wonderful conversation with Craig (father of the bride) before and after the ceremony. There's just something great about doing a job that brings you in touch with such wonderful people. And to cap it off by doing it at the Clocktower which has so much history and charm. What an amazing way to get Stacey and Andy hitched!

Elissa · Married on 06/22/2018

We booked Scot to officiate our destination wedding to Breckenridge a few weeks ago and were very pleased with his services. Coming from out of state, we weren't able to meet in in person, but Scot made himself available through phone calls and emails to get to know us and help us create the perfect ceremony. My husband and I were kind of particular but Scot was very warm, patient, and accommodating. On the day of our wedding he even helped set things up at the ceremony site and then mailed our marriage license back to the clerk's office so we didn't have to worry about it. Thank you Scot!

Sent on 07/08/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/09/2018

Scot was the absolute best! When you read the vows he wrote and start crying, you know he nailed it. We had a non religious ceremony with the hand fasting and somehow managed the words. Everything was perfect and reflected what we wanted to say to each other. He made us very comfortable and I got many compliments from guests about him. Thank you Scot!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Some weddings you can really feel. And I don't mean something on the surface. But you can tell that there is a real emotion and it is vast and deep. And Damon and Wendy exemplified that. One of the challenges of an officiant is to somehow be the following act for deeply emotional moments. It is a challenge I whole hearted embrace and I have to say they really made me work for it, but wow, it was worth it.

Alyssa · Married on 05/18/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Scot. He was helpful in more ways than one. He went above and beyond to ensure we had the wedding day of our dreams. From his video chats, to his emails, his reminders, to helping us with our flowers. Scot was incredible. From the start, he made us feel confident that we would have a wedding ceremony that fit us and our relationship. He made planning from out of town a breeze and left me with no worries leading up to my wedding day. Our wedding day started a little late but Scot was a trooper and didn't add any additional stress. We originally ordered flowers from his wife's previous flower shop but our order was cancelled (two weeks before our wedding!) by the new owner. Scot took it upon himself to find us a new florist, for a discounted price, and even delivered the flowers to our ceremony himself! He made a stressful situation non stressful. He truly was the perfect fit for our special day. He is easy to get along with and performed the ceremony flawlessly. His attention to detail, I'm sure, will make our wedding photos turn out amazing. I can't thank him enough for all that he did!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Debbie · Married on 05/01/2018

Scott was wonderful!!! We first interviewed several officiants and he clearly impressed us from the start. He helped us prepare our words and worked closely with us on putting everything together. On our wedding day, he showed up and performed wonderfully. Scott was prepared, after it was over, several guests told how great he was in performing the ceremony.

Sent on 05/01/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

It always makes me feel good to hear couples check out several different officiants. You're more likely to find someone who fits your style and you'll feel more confident in whoever you choose. It is a big moment and it's worth putting some effort into finding the right officiant. But that said, the wedding was gorgeous! We did it in front of tree blossoms and you should have seen their wonderful dogs! I can't wait to see the photos of the handfasting!

Christina · Married on 04/20/2018

Scot was amazing to work with! He was professional and walked me step by step in creating the perfect ceremony for my elopement.

Wedlock Officiants 8
    Sent on 05/08/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

The weather in April can be tricky particularly in Rocky Mountain National Park. Just before the ceremony the snow was coming down pretty hard, but it let up just in time and warmed up a bit too! Christina and Dan were troopers through it all and the photographs looks amazing!

Megan · Married on 04/14/2018

Scot was the first person we talked with and it was an easy yes! He was extremely helpful when writing our vows by sending us links and being available if we had any questions. He had different styles of ceremonies to pick from with multiple levels of customization for a reasonable price. The best part was how he coaches everyone, including the bridal party, groomsmen, parents, and grandparents for the wedding rehearsal. After being so stressed and busy with the last minute details, it was nice to have him completely run the show so all we had to do the day of was be present. He is a fabulous choice and I highly recommend him!

Wedlock Officiants 9
    Wedlock Officiants 10
    Wedlock Officiants 11
    Sent on 05/06/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

It can be quite nerve racking leading up to the big day. And all those nerves can make it difficult to get lost in the moment right when it counts. That's why I'm a big fan of comprehensive rehearsals. There's just no better way to get couples calm and confident about what is going to happen than to practice. And unfortunately, a majority of officiants don't take full ownership of the ceremony and only view their part as saying the words. So if you're looking for an officiant, ask them how involved they'd like to be in the rehearsal and you can get a good feel for whether they will be a true host and caretaker of your ceremony, or simply a speaker.

Chris · Married on 04/07/2018

We found Scot through referrals from our venue. The only thing we knew for sure was that we didn't want an overly religious ceremony. We were given a choice of different ceremonies, and chose the shortest one. The one he performed for us could not have been better. Having only conferred by phone we weren't sure what to expect, but upon meeting Scot in person an hour before the ceremony we were instantly comfortable with him. (We live in CA, but got married in Morrison CO. which is why we weren't able to meet with him prior. He assured us that he was available to meet anytime) The ceremony was brief, but it was as if he had known our story, and wrote the perfect "script". Following the ceremony, he got us together and had us, and our witness sign the marriage license, which he took and mailed to the clerks office. (he even took pictures and sent them to us to confirm that he had sent it). Scot is awesome!!

Wedlock Officiants 12
    Sent on 04/28/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Colorado does a fair amount of destination elopements and weddings. And while meeting in person for a consultation is best, sometimes it's just not possible. And that's when video chat or phone contact comes into play. It still leaves a bit of a mystery, but I really do my best to try and convey my personality and style. And I'm happy that it all turned out great for Chris and Amy and that they got to ring the bell at the Historic Morrison Church!

Brittany · Married on 03/24/2018

Scot Sanders is amazing, to say the least. He is kind, caring, knowledgeable, and genuine. I had absolutely no experience with weddings what so ever and he helped significantly. He answered every question I had, even if it had nothing to do with officiating. He by far is the best wedding officiant. He went above and beyond at my wedding, so far that he even got the music and sounds to work. He waited with me until everyone was there, even when it was later than the designated start time. He was efficient and made everyone feel comfortable. Honestsly, we could have not done this wedding without him. I definitely recommend him!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Craig · Married on 01/26/2018

Scot was awesome and went above and beyond on multiple fronts. He was easy going and accommodating when my wife and I had different ideas on the ceremony. He was warm and kind throughout the whole process, including pulling a clutch move with some Benadryl for my son when he had an allergic reaction at the top of the mountain. I would highly recommend Scot's services.

Sent on 02/14/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Not only was I a Boy Scout, but I was also an engineer. So being prepared and preventing problems is pretty much in my DNA. In this case I was happy to have just what was needed. And it really highlights what I try to offer as an officiant: an everything-is-taken-care-of experience that allows you to be lost in the moment. Although, it might have been a bit too cold at the top of the mountain (especially when the wind picked up) to really have felt 'lost' in the moment, it really was a great experience that I'm sure everyone will remember fondly.

Brynn · Married on 01/11/2018

Scot as awesome! He made planning our ceremony simple and easy and made changes to customize what we wanted almost immediately after reading my emails. He was easy to talk to and did amazing at our ceremony! I'd definitely recommend using him as an officiant!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Brynn was a real trooper. Cold weddings are typically hard on brides as warmth and wedding dresses rarely go hand in hand. But she toughed it out at the top of Winter Park, and the photos are going to be amazing!