Wedlock Officiants Reviews

70 | Denver, CO

70 Reviews for Wedlock Officiants

70 Wedlock Officiants Reviews

Crystal · Married on 09/14/2018

Couldn’t say enough great things about Scot who officiated our small elopement ceremony in Breckenridge CO on 9-14-18. He was very professional and personable. He asked us what we preferred him to wear, even up to the color of his suit/tie. He had several different options available for ceremonies and packages. He even waived the travel fee since he was going to be in the same town for another wedding later that day. We had a quick elopement style ceremony with a small wedding party and he gave us a great discount and had excellent customer service. His enthusiasm and love of his profession showed during the ceremony. He made me and my fiancé and the wedding party feel at ease and made it a wonderful day. Very reasonable prices. Would absolutely recommend Scot!

Allie · Married on 08/11/2018

Scot was so amazing to work with!!! He did such a great job of incorporating the personal touches we wanted into our ceremony. So many of our guest commented about how great our ceremony turned out and how impressed they were with Scot. We would highly recommend Scot if you're looking for an officiant for your wedding.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Allie and Justin were really fun to work with and their whole family had a really great energy. I get a kick out of it when couples take the time to personalize their ceremony and not only did they dig up the perfect poem to describe their love, but their vows were moving as well. In a nutshell, outside forces had caused some obstacles to their first couple of dates, but they persisted and eventually they found their 'everyday kind of love'. And that persistence will serve them well in their new life together.

Caitlin · Married on 08/02/2018

Scot did wonderful. He got the exact ceremony we wanted and went over everything with us so that the day it was comfortable and no surprises. The consultation was awesome. I would recommend Scot in a heartbeat. His experience and professionalism were top notch.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I really try to put a lot of effort into the consultation. It's the one time where I really get to show off all of the things that go into a wedding ceremony and highlight all of the options that can make a ceremony fun, meaningful and interesting. I'm so glad that you appreciated it!

Jenn · Married on 07/20/2018

Scot was nothing short of AMAZING! He added a spark to our ceremony that made it heartfelt, professional and memorable. He took charge of the process from start to finish and we are so grateful we found him :)

Sent on 08/01/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I am a big fan of people taking ownership of their work and I feel like it's my responsibility to make sure the entire ceremony goes as well as it possibly can. Whether that's making sure the chairs are straight, the bubbles are put out or that the boutonnieres are pinned on straight, I want to make sure I've done everything I can to make a wedding great! And I'm so glad the Jenn and Aaron experienced a touching and worry-free wedding!

stacey · Married on 07/20/2018

Scot was very professional and an amazing resource as we planned our big day. His quick response times were great in the final days of preparation. Very friendly and helpful with guests. Overall we were thrilled with our services Scot provided.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I had a wonderful conversation with Craig (father of the bride) before and after the ceremony. There's just something great about doing a job that brings you in touch with such wonderful people. And to cap it off by doing it at the Clocktower which has so much history and charm. What an amazing way to get Stacey and Andy hitched!

Elissa · Married on 06/22/2018

We booked Scot to officiate our destination wedding to Breckenridge a few weeks ago and were very pleased with his services. Coming from out of state, we weren't able to meet in in person, but Scot made himself available through phone calls and emails to get to know us and help us create the perfect ceremony. My husband and I were kind of particular but Scot was very warm, patient, and accommodating. On the day of our wedding he even helped set things up at the ceremony site and then mailed our marriage license back to the clerk's office so we didn't have to worry about it. Thank you Scot!

• W

Wendy · Married on 06/09/2018

Scot was the absolute best! When you read the vows he wrote and start crying, you know he nailed it. We had a non religious ceremony with the hand fasting and somehow managed the words. Everything was perfect and reflected what we wanted to say to each other. He made us very comfortable and I got many compliments from guests about him. Thank you Scot!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Some weddings you can really feel. And I don't mean something on the surface. But you can tell that there is a real emotion and it is vast and deep. And Damon and Wendy exemplified that. One of the challenges of an officiant is to somehow be the following act for deeply emotional moments. It is a challenge I whole hearted embrace and I have to say they really made me work for it, but wow, it was worth it.

Alyssa · Married on 05/18/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Scot. He was helpful in more ways than one. He went above and beyond to ensure we had the wedding day of our dreams. From his video chats, to his emails, his reminders, to helping us with our flowers. Scot was incredible. From the start, he made us feel confident that we would have a wedding ceremony that fit us and our relationship. He made planning from out of town a breeze and left me with no worries leading up to my wedding day. Our wedding day started a little late but Scot was a trooper and didn't add any additional stress. We originally ordered flowers from his wife's previous flower shop but our order was cancelled (two weeks before our wedding!) by the new owner. Scot took it upon himself to find us a new florist, for a discounted price, and even delivered the flowers to our ceremony himself! He made a stressful situation non stressful. He truly was the perfect fit for our special day. He is easy to get along with and performed the ceremony flawlessly. His attention to detail, I'm sure, will make our wedding photos turn out amazing. I can't thank him enough for all that he did!

Debbie · Married on 05/01/2018

Scott was wonderful!!! We first interviewed several officiants and he clearly impressed us from the start. He helped us prepare our words and worked closely with us on putting everything together. On our wedding day, he showed up and performed wonderfully. Scott was prepared, after it was over, several guests told how great he was in performing the ceremony.

Sent on 05/01/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

It always makes me feel good to hear couples check out several different officiants. You're more likely to find someone who fits your style and you'll feel more confident in whoever you choose. It is a big moment and it's worth putting some effort into finding the right officiant. But that said, the wedding was gorgeous! We did it in front of tree blossoms and you should have seen their wonderful dogs! I can't wait to see the photos of the handfasting!

Christina · Married on 04/20/2018

Scot was amazing to work with! He was professional and walked me step by step in creating the perfect ceremony for my elopement.

Sent on 05/08/2018
    Wedlock Officiants 1

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

The weather in April can be tricky particularly in Rocky Mountain National Park. Just before the ceremony the snow was coming down pretty hard, but it let up just in time and warmed up a bit too! Christina and Dan were troopers through it all and the photographs looks amazing!

Megan · Married on 04/14/2018

Scot was the first person we talked with and it was an easy yes! He was extremely helpful when writing our vows by sending us links and being available if we had any questions. He had different styles of ceremonies to pick from with multiple levels of customization for a reasonable price. The best part was how he coaches everyone, including the bridal party, groomsmen, parents, and grandparents for the wedding rehearsal. After being so stressed and busy with the last minute details, it was nice to have him completely run the show so all we had to do the day of was be present. He is a fabulous choice and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/06/2018
    Wedlock Officiants 2
    Wedlock Officiants 3
    Wedlock Officiants 4

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

It can be quite nerve racking leading up to the big day. And all those nerves can make it difficult to get lost in the moment right when it counts. That's why I'm a big fan of comprehensive rehearsals. There's just no better way to get couples calm and confident about what is going to happen than to practice. And unfortunately, a majority of officiants don't take full ownership of the ceremony and only view their part as saying the words. So if you're looking for an officiant, ask them how involved they'd like to be in the rehearsal and you can get a good feel for whether they will be a true host and caretaker of your ceremony, or simply a speaker.

Chris · Married on 04/07/2018

We found Scot through referrals from our venue. The only thing we knew for sure was that we didn't want an overly religious ceremony. We were given a choice of different ceremonies, and chose the shortest one. The one he performed for us could not have been better. Having only conferred by phone we weren't sure what to expect, but upon meeting Scot in person an hour before the ceremony we were instantly comfortable with him. (We live in CA, but got married in Morrison CO. which is why we weren't able to meet with him prior. He assured us that he was available to meet anytime) The ceremony was brief, but it was as if he had known our story, and wrote the perfect "script". Following the ceremony, he got us together and had us, and our witness sign the marriage license, which he took and mailed to the clerks office. (he even took pictures and sent them to us to confirm that he had sent it). Scot is awesome!!

Sent on 04/28/2018
    Wedlock Officiants 5

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Colorado does a fair amount of destination elopements and weddings. And while meeting in person for a consultation is best, sometimes it's just not possible. And that's when video chat or phone contact comes into play. It still leaves a bit of a mystery, but I really do my best to try and convey my personality and style. And I'm happy that it all turned out great for Chris and Amy and that they got to ring the bell at the Historic Morrison Church!

Brittany · Married on 03/24/2018

Scot Sanders is amazing, to say the least. He is kind, caring, knowledgeable, and genuine. I had absolutely no experience with weddings what so ever and he helped significantly. He answered every question I had, even if it had nothing to do with officiating. He by far is the best wedding officiant. He went above and beyond at my wedding, so far that he even got the music and sounds to work. He waited with me until everyone was there, even when it was later than the designated start time. He was efficient and made everyone feel comfortable. Honestsly, we could have not done this wedding without him. I definitely recommend him!

Craig · Married on 01/26/2018

Scot was awesome and went above and beyond on multiple fronts. He was easy going and accommodating when my wife and I had different ideas on the ceremony. He was warm and kind throughout the whole process, including pulling a clutch move with some Benadryl for my son when he had an allergic reaction at the top of the mountain. I would highly recommend Scot's services.

Sent on 02/14/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Not only was I a Boy Scout, but I was also an engineer. So being prepared and preventing problems is pretty much in my DNA. In this case I was happy to have just what was needed. And it really highlights what I try to offer as an officiant: an everything-is-taken-care-of experience that allows you to be lost in the moment. Although, it might have been a bit too cold at the top of the mountain (especially when the wind picked up) to really have felt 'lost' in the moment, it really was a great experience that I'm sure everyone will remember fondly.

Brynn · Married on 01/11/2018

Scot as awesome! He made planning our ceremony simple and easy and made changes to customize what we wanted almost immediately after reading my emails. He was easy to talk to and did amazing at our ceremony! I'd definitely recommend using him as an officiant!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Brynn was a real trooper. Cold weddings are typically hard on brides as warmth and wedding dresses rarely go hand in hand. But she toughed it out at the top of Winter Park, and the photos are going to be amazing!
  • Ashton

Ashton · Married on 12/29/2017

Scot was amazing! From the very beginning he was easy to work with with the challenges of my husbands schedule. He made the ceremony entertaining and light hearted, but still very special. Would highly recommend Scot!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Ashton and Clayton were such a wonderful couple to marry! The rehearsal was a bit windy and cold, but the day of the wedding was great. And speaking of memorable events, the whiskey ceremony they did will be something they remember for the rest of their lives!

Amanda · Married on 07/22/2017

We came to Scot with a pretty last-minute request, even accommodating a tightly timed rehearsal. Not only was he able to accommodate us but crafted an amazing ceremony for us that incorporated ideas from us perfectly melded with his touch to add subtle references full of meaning. All our family and friends were highly impressed by the ceremony, with extremely high compliments.

Ashley · Married on 07/13/2017

Scot was such a pleasure to work with!! We were planning our wedding from overseas (we live in Australia and got married in Colorado) and he was flexible meeting with us over Skype and putting us at ease. We loved Scot's prewrittwn vows, as this was something we didn't really want to personalize but also found many prewrittwn vows not quite right. Scot's way with words was the perfect fit! We loved his style on the day and made our ceremony absolutely perfect. Highly recommend his services!!!

• Future Mrs Raupp

Stephanie · Married on 07/09/2017

Scot was absolutely fantastic! He was professional, listened to what we wanted, offered suggestions, and helped create the BEST ceremony for us. He was also very fun and personable In all his interactions with us! I would highly recommend him for your services.

Alexa · Married on 05/06/2017

Scot was a wonderful Officiant! He helped us with our ceremony selection, talked with us on the phone and emailed with us to make sure our ceremony was exactly what we wanted! He was very professional, but also personal and a very nice guy. He helped make our ceremony special and we could not have asked for a better Officiant! We would highly recommend him for your wedding!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

While words carry meaning there really is no substitute for real emotion when it comes to sincerity. And through their tears and smiles Tyler & Alexa really showed what this marriage means to them and their new family. Special props to Daisy, their lovable pooch who stayed remarkably calm amidst a flurry of furry chipmunks!

Meagan · Married on 05/05/2017

We worked with Scot. He put together the most BEAUTIFUL ceremony for me and my husband's small elopement in RMNP. So professional, and since we were out of state we started with a Skype chat and went from there. I couldn't have dreamed of a better officiant or ceremony to come from it. He started with a beautiful moment of silence for my father who passed away, and the ceremony he helped us choose was perfect for us. Thank you so much Scot!! -- Meagan and Travis

Sent on 05/15/2017

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Destination weddings and elopements are always a bit more challenging for a couple. Destination or not, I really try to go out of my way to make getting married as easy and fun as possible. Meagan and Travis planned their elopement from Texas. We did our consultation via video chat and then we collaborated on the ceremony using Google Docs. Everything went great and smooth, even the weather up at Lake Sprague in Rocky Mountain National Park held out for a beautiful warm day!

Hillary · Married on 04/22/2017

Scot officiated our wedding. Not only were we happy about everything Scot had to offer us but we are still receiving compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was. Scot was flexible and helped us create the ceremony of our dreams. We really could not have asked for more!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Hillary and James are really down to Earth, good people. How down to Earth you ask? Well, after considering a wine or even a beer unity ceremony, they ended up sealing the deal with fireball shots! They were certainly a fun couple to work with and as a side note I personally enjoy it when a couple puts their own distinctive stamp on a ceremony like they did.

Paige · Married on 04/06/2017

Scot was amazing from the moment we met him. He was knowledgeable and seemed to really care about our wants and needs. His professionalism, and the openness he has made it such an easy decision to choose him. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Paige and Jervay wrote some of the most touching vows I've ever heard. You know it's a good wedding when the vows are a hard act to follow! They planned their own wedding and did a fair bit of the work themselves. But you should have seen the relief in Paige's face one they finished my consultation. I was really able to put her fears to rest. You could just see that she knew they were in good hands and that I was going to take good care of them from there on out. It's touching moments like that which make being a wedding officiant such a joy.

Kyle · Married on 03/03/2017

Scot was very helpful, flexible and accommodating. Not to mention he did a fantastic job with our ceremony, everyone really enjoyed it. We were very happy with his service and he helped make our wedding perfect!