Wedlock Officiants Reviews

85 | Denver, CO

85 Reviews for Wedlock Officiants

Bree Davies · Getting married on 05/12/2021

Great Experience

Scot was super professional and we felt comfortable with him right away. He gave us pointers and listened to what we wanted our ceremony to be and made it happen. Everything went great! And since Tom is in the Air Force, Scot gave us a military discount that we really appreciated.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

In my previous life, my work would routinely take me to military bases all around the country. And the one thing that stuck out to me was how hard that life is. Now I'm not just talking about serving, but just everyday life. Not only are those in the military subject to the whims of being sent anywhere at anytime, but 99% of the places they could be sent aren't exactly vacation spots. In fact, they are typically harsh, out of the way places where no one wanted to live, so they put in a military base. I honor everyone who chooses a life of service, particularly those who have to undergo hardship to serve.

Alice Reed · Married on 03/12/2020

Truly Amazing!

Scot is amazing in every possible way! He is so open and warm. In our first meeting with him really opened our eyes to what we could do with a ceremony. We had no idea! His detailed nature was extremely helpful in fine tuning the details of what went into the ceremony. On the big day, we were pretty nervous but Scot arrived early and was a real calming presence. He crafted the perfect ceremony. And afterwards our guests kept commenting on how touched they were by our story of falling in love.

Thanks to Scot, for a perfect ceremony!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

My favorite part of the consultation is the last part when I say, "Do you have any questions?" And that's because by that point, I know I've already answered them all. For me, it's kind of a victory lap knowing that throughout the whole consultation process I've talked the couple through each and every step, option and expectation. Alice let me know she had a dozen or so questions up front but I asked her to let me go through my consultation process first. Then if there was something I hadn't covered we'd talk about it after. Sure enough, by the time we were done, I'd covered everything she wanted to know and more. And as an officiant, I really enjoy exceeding expectations.
  • Emily

Emily Starr · Married on 02/21/2020

Scot Sanders is an AMAZING officiant!

For me, out of all the things to do and people to find on our wedding checklist, finding an officiant seemed to be the scariest. An officiant is such a vital part of your wedding day. After reaching out to Scot, we knew our day would be perfect! He is so personable, funny, well prepared, and did an amazing job at including all of the special moments during our ceremony that Michael and I hoped for. I'd recommend him over and over again! He's so great to work with!

Sent on 03/09/2020

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

While it might be pretty easy to understand things like tables and chairs, flowers, rings and cake, the ceremony can be a struggle to wrap your head around. A ceremony can be everything from awkward and awful to sweet and heartfelt. And most people can't tell you what makes a good one versus a bad one. At some base level, I think we all have a tendency to fear the unknown. And Emily's case here is no different. Coming in not knowing what to expect, I spent a lot of time with her and Michael (like I do with every couple) talking through all the ceremony options and the process I use to get everything just right. It's worth it to understand the what, how and why of weddings and in particular the ceremony and I'm so grateful to have been a part of their special day!
  • Logan

Logan Kirk · Married on 01/25/2020

Scot gave us a fantastic personalized ceremony

We went with Scot's "love story" package to get a really personalized ceremony. We received a lengthy questionnaire about our relationship, our history, our feelings and hopes and fears. He wove it all together into a beautiful, humorous, and heartfelt ceremony that just about everyone we talked to complimented. Scot was great to work with and clearly knows his stuff when it comes to officiating. He kept everyone engaged, worked with us on the important bits to reduce as much awkwardness as possible during the rehearsal, and got out of the way for the first kiss! Couldn't recommend him enough.

Sent on 01/29/2020

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I recently had a couple say to me that for their ceremony they wanted their guests to feel the same thing that they felt for each other. And while I've always seemingly striven to do just that, I've never heard it put into such wonderful words. And frankly, I can't think of a better way to do that than taking everyone on the same journey that the couple has been on. Logan & Katie's story was moving, heartfelt and beautiful for all the right reasons and I'm so happy their guests felt the same love they did.
  • Jacob

Jacob Shirley · Married on 10/27/2019

Great experience!

Scott was great, he worked with us and did everything to accommodate our schedule. He even drove out by Breckenridge for the ceremony without any issue or hassle.
    The ceremony was perfect. I highly recommend Wedlock Officiants.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

It is so nice to be able to work both large heavily planned weddings and also small intimate elopements like this one with one week notice. That's the beauty of wedding ceremonies. They are flexible and you can make them be whatever you want them to be. Jacob and Marissa were simply wonderful to work with and it was so easy to put everything together just the way they wanted. Although I need to put out a special shout out to their wonderful dog who not only made the trip but also served as witness!
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/19/2019

Beautiful ceremony

Scot was amazing. He made the experience writing our wedding ceremony so easy. We were able to read through examples and piece together exactly what we wanted. Sry detail oriented down to stuff we had never thought of or considered a thing. Great experience!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Just about every client walks into a consultation with me and has no idea how many wonderful choices they have when it comes to the ceremony. And after showing them several unity ceremony options, Morgan and Anthony chose to do a Mother's Rose unity ceremony which was so incredibly touching and moving. It really was a great way to kick off the ceremony and pay tribute to their mothers. Plus the photos are just amazing!

Kat Lindsay · Married on 09/28/2019

A must have!

Scot was great to work with! We went with the fully customizable package and it’s totally worth every penny! We still have guests tell us how special and unique our ceremony was to us as a couple. Would definitely recommend :)

Sent on 01/02/2020

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Every couple has a story of falling in love. Sometimes it's like a fairy tale and other times it's a bit grittier than you'd expect. But whatever the story is, it is special and unique because it is YOUR story. And that is what makes it compelling, interesting and meaningful. Kat and Andrew's story was filled with hope and longing, and at the end of the day we finished the perfect ending to there story with a promise and a kiss.
  • Shelli

Shelli · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing! Scot is THE best!

We couldn’t have found a better officiant for our wedding. Scot was so organized throughout the entire process. At the rehearsal, he told everyone what to do and when to do it, easing all of our nerves. On our wedding day, he had our vows printed in his book so we didn’t have to worry about bringing them. He texted us to let us know he was on his way and stepped aside for our first kiss photo. Not to mention, everyone at our wedding loved him and we still get compliments on our ceremony! He went above and beyond our expectations. If you’re looking for an officiant, he is the one! Thank you so much Scot for everything!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

What bigger goal can there be at a wedding than to get lost in the moment showing your love and affection for your partner? I don't think there is one. So to be able to get into and stay lost in the moment... well that's the challenge I step up to help my couples achieve. It only takes the smallest thing when you're on the big stage in front of everyone to nag at your mind and ruin the moment. So I feel like there is no other way to be an officiant than to take care of all of the small details that might disturb a couple. And it is so amazing to hear Shelli appreciate the little things that add up to the big things. Much appreciated.
  • Aubrey

Aubrey Roth · Married on 09/06/2019

Perfect in Every Way!

Scot was the perfect choice for us when looking for a wedding officiant. He has the perfect amount of casual, laid back easy going feel, combined with impeccable organization and strong communication. Scot knew exactly how to appeal to our personalities and engage our wedding guests. He persevered with dignity and appropriate humor as we got married, outside in the pouring rain! Our wedding was perfect and Scot played a huge role in that success!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Most of the time in Colorado, rain just passes through. You wait about fifteen minutes for a break and then you go! Not so this time. And it wasn't for lack of trying! We were trying to find the dry spot, but time ran out on us. So what did we do? We embraced it! Do you think getting a little wet would stop Aubrey and Luke from tying the knot? Not a chance. Rain is the source of new life. And there are few better omens than that.

Lauryn N Rousseau · Married on 07/25/2019

Excellent!

I don't intend to ever need his services again, but I would be a repeat client if I do! Scot was great to work with. He worked around our wishes and needs to customize a perfect ceremony for our Colorado Elopement. He has a professional but laid back personality that made him a pleasure to talk to and welcome into our wedding day.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

[laughs] Yeah, out of all of my potential marketing opportunities, I focus on repeat business the least! The phrase, "Nice to see you again", is wonderful... in a coffee shop, at a movie or on a hiking trail. Much less so at my office. [Where is a thumbs down emoji when you need it?]. But in all seriousness, Steve and Lauryn were great. They found a perfect little spot up from their vacation rental and we had a great time with an amazing sunset as our backdrop with their closest friends and family. Hard to ask for anything better than that.
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent Work

Scot is very good at what he does. He thought of absolutely everything and is very personable. Our wedding party was a bit nervous about getting everything right, but Scot made us all feel at ease and we received so many compliments on the ceremony he wrote. Cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

This was easily one of my top ten weddings ever! Not only did it check all the boxes I personally enjoy when it comes to ceremonies: a custom ceremony telling the world their story, hopes and dreams; readers coming up to read touching poems; a unique whiskey unity ceremony; an historic mountain location with a great view; a sound system where everyone could hear everybody loud and clear and didn't obstruct photos; and perfect weather. But it also had the key component that makes it all special: a deep emotional love put on display by a couple lost in the moment. These two were so locked into each other it would have been impossible to think they could or should have made any other choice than to marry each other. Everyone could see it. Nothing else compares.
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 06/15/2019

Beyond my expectations!

Scott has done such an amazing job assisting with us before, during, and even after our ceremony. He made everything so easy, and the service that he wrote was both detailed, and heartfelt. I'm so thankful that we picked him to be our officiant. Couldn't have had a better officiant!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Writing a custom ceremony is always a challenge. But the key is to find the drama and story underneath. In a lot of ways a custom ceremony is more like a screenplay than a speech. You need to introduce characters and shown the journey they've taken and how they've changed. Of course everyone knows the ending, but you want to keep everyone on the edge of their seats. And with Daniel and Kathryn they had a great story spanning nearly a decade from the time they first met until they slid rings on their fingers. It was story of ups and downs, risks and rewards. And it ended in the best way possible, with a kiss.
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Officiant in CO

I cannot say enough good things about Scot and Wedlock Officiants! I am a violinist in Denver and have literally been to hundreds of weddings. I can easily say that Scot's ceremony was the most beautiful, well organized, and thoughtful that I have ever seen. He was always quick to respond and the process for creating a ceremony specific to us was absolutely flawless. Scot even mailed in our marriage license for us! Everything was beyond my wildest dreams. If you are on the fence about hiring Wedlock Officiants, just do it! You will be thankful you did!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

It is one thing to get a glowing review from someone who has perhaps attended a couple weddings for their friends and has just been married themselves for the first time. It's an entirely different thing to get a glowing review from someone who is in the industry and has been a part of hundreds of weddings. It just reinforces my desire to make every wedding as touching, smooth and intimate as I can. And while this isn't the first wonderful endorsement I've received from a wedding pro, it is the first wonderful endorsement I've received from marrying a wedding pro. And that is something extra. Elizabeth, thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot.

Amelia · Married on 10/26/2018

Ceremony Officiant

Our officiant, Scot Sanders of WedLock Officiants, was awesome! He was very personable, but also organized. He gave us a lot of options for ceremony style, unity ceremony, readings, and vows. He let us add all of the personal touches that we wanted to, while keeping the traditional wedding ceremony feel. Scot was excellent, I would absolutely recommend him!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I feel like one of the worst things that could happen to a couple is going to a wedding after they've had their own and seeing something that they wished they would have done. I take a lot of pride in laying out as many options as I can to make sure couples like Amelia & Cody can have a ceremony that they not only enjoy but can feel proud of years later!

Jordan Shaffer · Married on 10/21/2018

AMAZING. Scot is the best.

We couldn’t have dreamt of a better officiant than Scot. We contacted him with very little notice about our elopement (we flew from Texas to Denver!), and he was nothing but enthusiastic and helpful the entire time. Upon meeting with Scot over video chat, we knew right away he was the best fit for us. Scot was so knowledgeable and helped us through every step of putting our dream ceremony together. He was also incredibly kind and understanding, as we dealt with some crazy family issues that lead to bumping our ceremony a day over. We couldn’t be more grateful. Scot even found the perfect spot for our wedding. Our ceremony was so special and Scot is the best for the job, hands down. If you are getting married in Colorado, he’s your man.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Jordan & Evan were such great sports! They let me take them up a short hike to my favorite elopement spot where the view is spectacular and the photography is die for. The weather was amazing and their vows were heartfelt and touching. You really couldn't ask for a better place to do a ceremony or a couple to do it for!

Crystal · Married on 09/14/2018

Couldn’t say enough great things about Scot who officiated our small elopement ceremony in Breckenridge CO on 9-14-18. He was very professional and personable. He asked us what we preferred him to wear, even up to the color of his suit/tie. He had several different options available for ceremonies and packages. He even waived the travel fee since he was going to be in the same town for another wedding later that day. We had a quick elopement style ceremony with a small wedding party and he gave us a great discount and had excellent customer service. His enthusiasm and love of his profession showed during the ceremony. He made me and my fiancé and the wedding party feel at ease and made it a wonderful day. Very reasonable prices. Would absolutely recommend Scot!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Allie · Married on 08/11/2018

Scot was so amazing to work with!!! He did such a great job of incorporating the personal touches we wanted into our ceremony. So many of our guest commented about how great our ceremony turned out and how impressed they were with Scot. We would highly recommend Scot if you're looking for an officiant for your wedding.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Allie and Justin were really fun to work with and their whole family had a really great energy. I get a kick out of it when couples take the time to personalize their ceremony and not only did they dig up the perfect poem to describe their love, but their vows were moving as well. In a nutshell, outside forces had caused some obstacles to their first couple of dates, but they persisted and eventually they found their 'everyday kind of love'. And that persistence will serve them well in their new life together.

Caitlin · Married on 08/02/2018

Scot did wonderful. He got the exact ceremony we wanted and went over everything with us so that the day it was comfortable and no surprises. The consultation was awesome. I would recommend Scot in a heartbeat. His experience and professionalism were top notch.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I really try to put a lot of effort into the consultation. It's the one time where I really get to show off all of the things that go into a wedding ceremony and highlight all of the options that can make a ceremony fun, meaningful and interesting. I'm so glad that you appreciated it!

Jenn · Married on 07/20/2018

Scot was nothing short of AMAZING! He added a spark to our ceremony that made it heartfelt, professional and memorable. He took charge of the process from start to finish and we are so grateful we found him :)

Sent on 08/01/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I am a big fan of people taking ownership of their work and I feel like it's my responsibility to make sure the entire ceremony goes as well as it possibly can. Whether that's making sure the chairs are straight, the bubbles are put out or that the boutonnieres are pinned on straight, I want to make sure I've done everything I can to make a wedding great! And I'm so glad the Jenn and Aaron experienced a touching and worry-free wedding!

stacey · Married on 07/20/2018

Scot was very professional and an amazing resource as we planned our big day. His quick response times were great in the final days of preparation. Very friendly and helpful with guests. Overall we were thrilled with our services Scot provided.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

I had a wonderful conversation with Craig (father of the bride) before and after the ceremony. There's just something great about doing a job that brings you in touch with such wonderful people. And to cap it off by doing it at the Clocktower which has so much history and charm. What an amazing way to get Stacey and Andy hitched!

Elissa · Married on 06/22/2018

We booked Scot to officiate our destination wedding to Breckenridge a few weeks ago and were very pleased with his services. Coming from out of state, we weren't able to meet in in person, but Scot made himself available through phone calls and emails to get to know us and help us create the perfect ceremony. My husband and I were kind of particular but Scot was very warm, patient, and accommodating. On the day of our wedding he even helped set things up at the ceremony site and then mailed our marriage license back to the clerk's office so we didn't have to worry about it. Thank you Scot!

Sent on 07/08/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/09/2018

Scot was the absolute best! When you read the vows he wrote and start crying, you know he nailed it. We had a non religious ceremony with the hand fasting and somehow managed the words. Everything was perfect and reflected what we wanted to say to each other. He made us very comfortable and I got many compliments from guests about him. Thank you Scot!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Some weddings you can really feel. And I don't mean something on the surface. But you can tell that there is a real emotion and it is vast and deep. And Damon and Wendy exemplified that. One of the challenges of an officiant is to somehow be the following act for deeply emotional moments. It is a challenge I whole hearted embrace and I have to say they really made me work for it, but wow, it was worth it.

Alyssa · Married on 05/18/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Scot. He was helpful in more ways than one. He went above and beyond to ensure we had the wedding day of our dreams. From his video chats, to his emails, his reminders, to helping us with our flowers. Scot was incredible. From the start, he made us feel confident that we would have a wedding ceremony that fit us and our relationship. He made planning from out of town a breeze and left me with no worries leading up to my wedding day. Our wedding day started a little late but Scot was a trooper and didn't add any additional stress. We originally ordered flowers from his wife's previous flower shop but our order was cancelled (two weeks before our wedding!) by the new owner. Scot took it upon himself to find us a new florist, for a discounted price, and even delivered the flowers to our ceremony himself! He made a stressful situation non stressful. He truly was the perfect fit for our special day. He is easy to get along with and performed the ceremony flawlessly. His attention to detail, I'm sure, will make our wedding photos turn out amazing. I can't thank him enough for all that he did!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Debbie · Married on 05/01/2018

Scott was wonderful!!! We first interviewed several officiants and he clearly impressed us from the start. He helped us prepare our words and worked closely with us on putting everything together. On our wedding day, he showed up and performed wonderfully. Scott was prepared, after it was over, several guests told how great he was in performing the ceremony.

Sent on 05/01/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

It always makes me feel good to hear couples check out several different officiants. You're more likely to find someone who fits your style and you'll feel more confident in whoever you choose. It is a big moment and it's worth putting some effort into finding the right officiant. But that said, the wedding was gorgeous! We did it in front of tree blossoms and you should have seen their wonderful dogs! I can't wait to see the photos of the handfasting!

Christina · Married on 04/20/2018

Scot was amazing to work with! He was professional and walked me step by step in creating the perfect ceremony for my elopement.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

The weather in April can be tricky particularly in Rocky Mountain National Park. Just before the ceremony the snow was coming down pretty hard, but it let up just in time and warmed up a bit too! Christina and Dan were troopers through it all and the photographs looks amazing!