WeddingsAndVows.com Reviews

WeddingsAndVows.com 3
WeddingsAndVows.com 4
WeddingsAndVows.com 5

Nancie · Married on 06/08/2016

The moment I talked to Rev Dan Hogan I knew he would be perfect for our ceremony. He brought warmth to our services. Spoke in a beautiful tone and delivered a very special ceremony for us. I highly recommend him for your services -you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Darius · Married on 06/04/2016

Dr. Dan and his wife Nelda were very very helpful in planning our wedding.I would recommend them to any one getting married on Hilton Head Island.

Sent on 06/11/2016

Dan was the perfect choice to officiate my wedding. He was always very responsive and professional. He helped get us started with writing our ceremony and he executed it exactly how we wished.

Sent on 06/14/2016

My destination wedding was made very special by Dan. My family and husband were all so pleased with the ceremony.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Braddock · Married on 05/28/2016

Dr. Hogan was a pleasure to work with. He provided a beautiful service, was very supportive through the entire process. He was easy to work with beforehand and honestly is worth more than what he is charging! Very thankful we found him and Kerry and I would highly recommend Dr. Hogan to anyone, especially if you are making this area a destination wedding.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Christina · Married on 04/30/2016

Dan did a wonderful job as our officiant! His rate is reasonable and he was extremely flexible and held great patience with us as we had a somewhat unique situation.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Rick & Emily · Married on 04/18/2016

Dan did our vow renewal in April, and he was wonderful to work with! He was always quick to respond to all questions and concerns we had. Dan had many great ideas and would even help with writing vows and ways to include our daughters in the ceremony. Once we met Dan we were more impressed and thankful we had chosen him, he did an amazing job on our ceremony.

Sent on 05/03/2016

April · Married on 03/25/2016

Dr. Dan Hogan did an outstanding job for our ceremony on Hilton Head Island. Everything was perfect! He had the most reasonable rate, was available on short notice, was flexible with the location and time for our ceremony, and accommodating to last minute changes. He was very prompt in answering any questions. We had a short stay planned and met him for the first time the day of our wedding. We couldn’t have been more pleased. He came to the beach where we had booked our stay and incorporated all of our requests. We would highly recommend him! Thank you, Dr. Hogan, for making our wedding day so special!

Robin and April

Sent on 04/13/2016

Dan was wonderful to work with. He replied right back to me and was very flexible to provide us exactly what we wanted in our Hilton Head wedding.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Dr. Judith · Married on 11/06/2015

Dr, Hogan was, from the first meeting, gracious, considerate, understanding, and genuine. He was the ultimate professional who, while accommodating the wishes and vision of a second marriage of two people who had previous similar backgrounds (known each other 60 years, having dated for a brief period after high school, then following different paths), graciously guided us through the processes of thinking through our future goals and life together. He was thoughtful, respectful and became someone that we definitely will continue to keep in contact with throughout our lives. Through his efforts, we enjoyed our rehearsal and dinner, wedding, and reception with as little stress as possible. He suggested special, memorable moments such as signing our papers while the bridal party joined us for the rehearsal dinner; thus, making it another celebration. Throughout the ceremony, he quietly coached us,and was our calming factor. I feel that God brought my husband and I together after so many years, and brought Dan Hogan as an agent of his love to our celebration.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/17/2015

Dr. Dan Hogan was an absolutely amazing officiant for our wedding. Not only did he step in to officiate our wedding late in the game, due to special circumstances, but he led our wedding in the best ceremony that we could have asked for. He took the time to get to know my husband and I before we were married and made our ceremony very unique, personal and memorable. He not only touched us, but also our guests, many of whom commented on how impressed they were with him and his service. His wife also attended the events and they fit in like they were always a part of our family; mingling with everyone at both the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner as well as the events on our wedding day. It really felt like we had a family member officiate our wedding ceremony... what more could you ask for than that?! My husband and I, as well as our friends and family who attended the wedding, would HIGHLY recommend Dan (and wife Nelda).

Sent on 10/24/2015

Josie · Married on 10/10/2015

Gary and I highly recommend Rev. Dr. Dan Hogan as your wedding officiant. He definitely made the wedding ceremony personal for us. His sense of humor and warm, kind spirit will put you at ease. Wedding guests were quite surprised to learn that we had just met Dan the day before because it seemed as if we had known him for years. Rev. Dr. Dan Hogan exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 12/23/2015

I am so glad that I had Rev. Dan to officiate my wedding. He helped made my dreams come true on such a short notice. He and his wife, Nelda, went above and beyond to make our day very special. I cannot thank them enough because without them our day would not have been perfect. I think that God cleared the skies with sunshine and stopped the rain because of those 2 angels he sent in our lives to help celebrate our special day. For that, we are forever grateful! Thank you Rev. Dan and Ms. Nelda.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Rod and Jill · Married on 09/16/2015

Rev. Dr. Hogan was wonderful to work with to make our wedding a beautiful and personal experience. He and his wife were so kind and thoughtful; they immediately felt like old friends. We would highly recommend Rev. Dr. Hogan!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Heather · Married on 08/04/2015

My husband and I were in town on vacation and decided we wanted to have an impromptu vow renewal for our 10 year anniversary. Because our vacation time was limited, we preferred to have our little ceremony at sunrise. Rev. Hogan was so accommodating! He met us at 5:45a.m.! I know that time of day sounds crazy for a vow renewal (I think we were his first sunrise ceremony!) but it just worked out so well. Even his wife came so she could take pictures for us. We felt like he personalized it just for us and truly wanted to be a blessing to us. They were a joy to be around and were truly caring.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Sandy and Chuck · Married on 06/06/2015

To serve as our wedding officiant we wanted a person of God who would be in a position to bless our ceremony and make it truly a special and moving affair. We feel extremely fortunate that we were introduced to Reverend Dr. Dan Hogan and his wife Nelda. Dr. Dan is exactly who we were looking for. He is a loving and caring man who performed a truly exceptional ceremony for us. His words touched our hearts as well as our guests’. It was evident from the start that he cared about us as a couple. He and Nelda were more than happy to meet with us twice before the ceremony to discuss our upcoming nuptials. They were both very helpful in the planning stages, providing questions, suggestions and guidance at every turn. For example, it was Dr. Dan and Nelda who suggested we perform a sand ceremony. We took their suggestion and we are elated with the result as it became a highlight of our ceremony. In terms of preparation Dr. Dan was eager to be in attendance at our rehearsal and carried himself as a professional at all times. With Dr. Dan and Nelda’s help our wedding ceremony became a truly special affair and one about which those in attendance continue to rave. We now consider Dr. Dan and Nelda to be not only genuine friends but part of our loving family. We feel so fortunate that we chose Dr. Dan to be part of our ceremony and we know that anyone who chooses him will also be extremely pleased with the result. With our love to Dr. Dan and Nelda . . . Sandy and Chuck

Sent on 09/30/2015

Dan was great! We thoroughly enjoyed his service to us. It was a nerve wrecking process selecting a minister in which you had never met but Dan made us feel welcome and made our event special and personalized.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Brenda · Married on 05/02/2015

Dr DAN performed our 'private' wedding ceremony. We were having all of our family and friends join us in Mexico for a full celebration 2 months later... however We had decided we wanted to make it 'official' prior to that trip in Forsyth Park, Savannah, GA.
    Dr Dan spoke w us several times on the phone helping to make our weddings vows personalized to my Husband and I. This was not an easy feat as this was not a first time marriage. We didn't want the traditional ceremonial vows however we still wanted them to be special & remain sacred. Bottom line, Dr Dan delivered and the ceremony was memorable and deep-hearted . He had taken the time to get to know 'who' my husband and I were individually and as a couple and it showed in his delivery! Having just been the 3 of us together sharing an incredibly intimate moment, he will forever be a part of US and always considered as a dear friend.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Dan Hogan was our minister for our beautiful wedding on March 21st, 2015 at the Westin Resort on Hilton Head Island. During one of our trips to Hilton Head last fall we called Dan expecting to talk to him over the phone, but Dan made himself available to meet us the following day, as he knew we were only in town for a few days. As soon as we met with Dan, my husband and I felt how genuine Dan was and showed that while getting to know not only us and our families, but both our paths and our histories. Dan also took the time to really understand our relationship with God and encouraged us as a couple to find ways to strengthen and grow that relationship. Shortly after meeting with Dan he sent us an assessment in the mail that we both had to complete as well as books he recommend that we read.

The week of our wedding, we had our final meeting with him to review our assessments and talk about anything that seemed surprising as individuals and how as a couple we can grow to better support and love one anther throughout our life together.

Dan was always there for any questions or suggestions that we had regarding the ceremony. There are a lot of details to think about when planning a wedding, and Dan offered suggestions and ideas based on our faith and the type of ceremony we wanted to have. Dan found encouraging ways to explain how our personalities will grow and how we will lean on each other as husband and wife.

We are truly grateful to have had Dan be a part of our special day and the amount of time that he took to get to know us as a couple.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Allison · Married on 08/03/2008

Rev. Dr. Dan Hogan came alongside us as a pastor, friend, and guide as we prepared for our wedding.

He helped us craft a ceremony that uniquely reflected our faith, values, and hopes for the future.

He kept an eye on the details and was flexible and quick to adapt. From things like turning down the mics

when the wind was blowing too hard to wearing the yellow tie I selected for him, he rolled with the punches.

We are so thankful for Dr. Hogan and all the ways he made our wedding day special.

~ Allison and Zack Smith

Sent on 09/17/2015

Mike · Married on 09/17/2005

Dan Hogan has been both our pastor and friend for many years.
    His love of God and spiritual guidance has added value to many.
    We were privileged to be married by Dan and while it was the second
    marriage for both of us, we appreciated his calming nature and professional
    attitude as he mentored us throughout the entire process. We were very much
    in love, but his honesty and practical guidance helped to prepare us for the potential
    challenges of blending a family. We are so happy that he was able to be a part of such
    a special time in our life together. ~ Mike and Annette Cartwright

Sent on 09/17/2015

Michael · Married on 09/08/2005

> Mike and Sarah Estep:
    > Sarah and I had a June wedding planed. But, the rapid progression of her father’s terminal illness required us to move up the date.
    > Dr. Hogan was very helpful. Not only did he work with us on a new wedding date, he made the effort to be a supportive pastoral presence for us in a difficult situation and made sure that our wedding was very special. He cared before, during, and after our wedding. I highly recommend Dr. Hogan as a highly professional caring and compassionate clergy. ~ Mike and Sarah Estep ♥♥♥♥♥ Rating

Sent on 09/08/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/03/2016

Could not have picked anyone better to perfrom our wedding! Dr Hogan and his wife Nelda, were a pleasure to meet and get to know! Dr Hogan held my hand through the wedding planning proccess, especially since i was planning from a distance! He took time and effort to really get to know me, my now husband and our families! He is above and beyond and is highly recommended! I can't thank him enough for our beautiful service! He is top notch! We even plan see him when we visit the island yearly!
    Danielle and Tristan DiPietro

Sent on 10/31/2016

Kate · Married on 12/08/2018

Overall Great Expweience

Being from out of town, we were worried about finding an officiant who would be able to perform the ceremony just as we wanted. Fortunately for us, we stumbled upon Dr. Dan. He was very responsive and helpful in navigating putting together a ceremony, and with his help, we had exactly what we were hoping for on our big day!

Sent on 12/24/2018

Barb · Married on 08/05/2017

Dr. Hogan and his wife were very accomodating. They worked well with the couple, honoring their wishes.

Sent on 08/08/2017