Weddings In The Wild Reviews

Weddings In The Wild 5
Weddings In The Wild 6
Weddings In The Wild 7

Cindy Schmidt · Getting married on 06/04/2021

Paul Marsh was the perfect officiant for our perfect ceremony. We love him.

Paul was all that we hoped for and more. Most importantly he gave us beautiful words for the ceremony. He created a beautiful moment for us, due to his thoughtful words and kind and open spirit. We could feel that he was blessing us with his words, and we felt a connection to him even though in many ways we were strangers, having only met previously online. Yet through the emails and the phone calls in advance of the ceremony, and due to the information he learned about us in those interactions and wove into the ceremony, we felt like we were being married by a true friend. Because we did a "confidential marriage license" there was no requirement for a witness, so it was just Paul and us, meaning no photographer etc. Somehow Paul juggled the ceremony itself and yet snapped some beautiful photos during the ceremony, without breaking the rhythm of the intimate moment. We could not have found the more perfect officiant for our perfect little ceremony.

Sent on 05/05/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Cindy. I am humbled by your thoughtful comments and delighted that everything went as you had hoped. It was so fun to meet you both and spend time exploring as we hunted for photo's afterwards. peace and love, paul

John Woz · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Paul made it easy and meaningful, the Redwoods made it majestic.

We wanted to be married in the Redwoods by ourselves. Celebrating with family and friends could wait till we got back home. Planning it from across the country seemed difficult and time-consuming. Then we contacted Paul Marsh. From the time we traded our first e-mails with Paul, we relaxed and did what he told us to do. He interviewed us through face-time, wrote the ceremony to include much that he learned from us during that interview and a couple of shorter phone calls. Sent us the ceremony to be reviewed and edited (very little that we wanted to change). Paul helped us write our vows and gave us some suggestions for locations near Crescent City. We did everything he told us to do at the Courthouse that morning. (It was a breeze since we had all of the information that he said we would need.) And that afternoon he performed the ceremony in a gorgeous spot amongst 2000 year old trees. It rained, but he brought umbrellas. And he took pictures after the ceremony. Paul help us create the perfect wedding for us. Thanks, Paul.

Sent on 04/30/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 8
    Weddings In The Wild 9

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, John. I am so very glad that the day went so very well for the two of you. It was wonderful that the rain provided a glorious bit of good luck wishes from Mother Nature. And, a fun adventure.
    peace and love,
    paul
  • Wenda

Wenda Young · Getting married on 02/09/2020

The Perfect Officiant

I'm from Canada and my husband is American. We had the dilemma of where and who to invite to our wedding. The Redwoods were on my husband's bucket list and as soon as he suggested this it sounded perfectly unique. As well an elopement made the most sense as we are in Wyoming and our friends and family were spread across both countries. I did a search and quickly found Paul online and I knew we had found the perfect person to marry us. I was sold after reviewing his website and many glowing reviews. Paul responded to my inquiry very quickly and from there I felt a great relief that things would work out well. We drove from Wyoming, incorporating a road trip and weddingmoon that was perfect for us. We finalized our wedding date a bit late so he was booked on the dates we wanted but Paul accommodated us. We did as he suggested and drove down the Avenue of the Giants in our chosen locale, Humboldt State Park and found our perfect spot in a gorgeous old grove. The ceremony was relaxed and natural feeling and Paul's passion for what he does certainly shined through. It was great Paul had provided sample vows and suggestions for writing our own. Paul delivered a very special service and we added some personal vows. He is a great human being and I am so pleased we were able to marry in such a beautifully unique place with the perfect Officiant.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Your words are so touching and mean so much to me, thank you Wenda! I love how things always work out in wonderful and delightful ways. It was wonderful to be part of your special moment. Thank you for that honor. May your years together be a forever weddingmoon.

Patrick Mantle · Married on 09/24/2019

Excellent friend and resource!

Paul was nothing short of INCREDIBLE! He helped us through the full journey of becoming husband and wife. He was super easy to get a hold of and was also there when we needed him (even when you have a mental breakdown the day before your wedding) We are from out of the state and having Paul guide us with his knowledge of the Redwoods and neighboring areas was something we could never put a price tag on. We are so thankful to have crossed paths with him and will never forget our time shared in the redwoods! Thank you so much Paul!!

-The Mantles

Sent on 09/25/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 10

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Patrick! It was so wonderful to be part of your adventure and then to finally meet you on your wedding day. I'm so glad that everything turned out as you had dreamed. I'm honored to have made your acquaintance.
  • Jenni

Jenni Calabrese · Married on 08/21/2019

A wedding we couldn’t have even dreamed of

Paul was an absolutely incredible officiant and made our wedding better than we could’ve dreamed of. We traveled across the country for our private ceremony and knew he was the perfect person to officiate after just one phone call. He personalized our ceremony to encapsulate our love exactly how we want it to be shown, and was so easy to work with even hundreds of miles away. We are especially cautious in finding LGBTQ+ friendly vendors, and Paul was nothing short of incredible. He took the time to really know us as a couple and we are so thankful for the beautiful ceremony and friendship he provided us. We love you Paul!! - o&j

Sent on 10/29/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 11
    Weddings In The Wild 12
    Weddings In The Wild 13

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Jenni! I'm so happy to hear that your special day was more than you and your lovely wife could have dreamed. It was wonderful to get tho now the two of you. I'm very honored that you chose me for your wedding. peace and love to you!

Chess' · Married on 08/09/2019

Sandra & Bart Chess

Paul was absolutely AWESOME. We held our vow renewal ceremony in the Redwood forest. We came in from the east coast and he kept in constant touch with us during the time leading up to the ceremony. He is very familiar with the area and offered some helpful advice in preparing for the ceremony. The ceremony itself was absolutely wonderful, in no small part to Paul's willingness to go out of his way to provide assistance.

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Your family was so wonderful to meet, Sandi. Renewing your vows with your family there was such a beautiful way to celebrate your anniversary. It was an honor to help you prepare and be a part of the celebration of your loves. Thank you.

Stephanie Bessette · Married on 08/09/2019

We could not have asked for better!

Paul was great from the beginning to the end. We came from the CT and he helped with suggestions and made everything easy breezy. He took away from the stress and made sure everything was perfect. We could not have asked for a better officiant. We would highly recommend him!! All our love. The Bessettes

Sent on 09/28/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 14

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! Your wedding day worked out so perfectly and I am so honored to have ben a part of it. It was such a treat to meet your family, too. Thank you! Much love and many blessings to you all.

Katy Martin · Married on 08/04/2019

Best decision!

Paul was absolutely wonderful! He went above and beyond to make our ceremony special and personal. I am so thankful that we found Paul and would recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Katy! It was wonderful to meet the two of you and your families. I'm honored to have been your officiant.
  • Laura

Laura Fitzpatrick · Married on 08/03/2019

Simply Amazing

Paul was absolutely amazing! We came from Ohio to Crescent City, CA. He helped us with the marriage license, our vows, the ceremony order, and picking the perfect ceremony spot! He was so much more than an officiant! The ceremony went perfectly and Paul allowed us to have an unconventional wedding right in the middle of beautiful redwood trees. We couldn’t have ask for a better person to officiate our wedding!

Weddings In The Wild 15

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Wonderful, Laura! I am so glad that it was everything you wanted. Thank you so much for the honor of officiating for your special day.

Andy Hertel · Married on 08/03/2019

Great experience!

Paul was great in helping us to realize our dream of getting married in the redwood forest. He was extremely helpful, always responsive (often within 10 minutes of sending him an email), and very professional. He charged a fair price and is a really nice person as well. We had a great trip and a wonderful wedding ceremony.

Weddings In The Wild 16

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Andy. That really means a lot to hear from you. It was wonderful to meet the two of you and such a perfect day. Thank you for the honor of performing your marriage.
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 08/01/2019

Paul has a huge hand in making our wedding dreams come true!

Paul Marsh was a huge piece in our wedding planning chess game and the end game was easy with his help. He had every answer to every question including questions about cleaning my wedding dress. He had recommendations galore for everything from food, to hair and make up, and everything in between. I couldn’t have done this without him. He helped us with our ceremony and vows and I will cherish his words for a lifetime. Paul’s disposition is incredibly sunny, professional, and kind. We are so incredibly lucky to have found him and I cannot recommend his services enough.

Sent on 09/07/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 17

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

I am so honored by your kind words, Alyssa. Thank you so much! Nothing could make me happier than having you realize your dream. And it was such a fun time, too.
  • Alissa

Alissa Oswald · Married on 07/31/2019

Paul was exactly what we were looking for!

Paul was absolutely amazing in every aspect. He took the time to get to know us and our relationship and wrote a very beautiful, meaningful and personal ceremony. He helped us choose a beautiful place in the redwoods that met all of our hopes and desires. Paul was very friendly and professional but also relaxed and comfortable to be around. I would highly recommend Paul!

Sent on 09/05/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 18
    Weddings In The Wild 19
    Weddings In The Wild 20
  • Tyler

Tyler Snyder · Married on 07/27/2019

We love Paul!

Paul was an excellent officiant. He really personalized our experience and ceremony. His personality made our ceremony very genuine. The service was definitely written for us. He took all the elements we asked him to and incorporated them into our service. He was extremely professional, punctual, and fun to work with. He was very helpful with the legal side of things as well. Paul’s integration of the natural world’s beauty and inspiration went perfectly with our personal values. He made our day even more special than we imagined. We would definitely recommend Paul for anyone’s wedding.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Tyler! Thank you so much, I'm grinning from ear to ear. Your kind words mean so much because your dream came true and because you're such a wonderful couple. The two of you being so pleased makes me so happy. It was an honor to be there with the two of you.
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/19/2019

Best Wedding officiant

Paul is such a nice person. The thought of having a stranger lead one of the most intimate and personal days of your life can make you nervous... but Paul was very personable, friendly, and kind so he immediately put us at ease.

After our Video chat session with Paul, we instantly felt like he was a friend. The day of, his energy was so positive and supportive. His calm and kind demeanor helped us relax and really be in the moment.

He drafted and tailored our ceremony with our input, wrote beautiful words about nature and the Redwoods that symbolized our relationship, and brought a nice table for the Sand ceremony we had with our families. He also sent in our marriage license, and got the signatures of our witnesses, promptly.

Paul helped me so much in letting that nervous energy go and helped me come back into the moment. We had our ceremony in the Redwoods and it was so beautiful. It went exactly as we wanted it. Non-denominational, genuine, and focused on how much we matter to each other. It was a perfect day and we feel so incredibly grateful to have had Paul as our officiant.

If you're lucky enough to have him available on your wedding day, definitely book him as I imagine his calendar fills up quickly.

We can't thank you enough, Paul!

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 21

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful words Megan. It was such a pleasure to get to know the two of you and meet your families. Such lovely people, and the two of you have such beautiful energy. I'm honored to have helped you create your dream wedding.

Heather Mierisch · Married on 07/14/2019

Steve & Heather's Wedding Day

Paul made our wedding day SUPER special. We are from out of town with very little knowledge of elopement and Paul's website was easy to find and navigate. I texted Paul the day I found his website with an instant response. He emailed me the details of the officiant packages he offers that were clear and concise. He gave us space to decide whether we wanted to use his services, and was elated when we did! Paul makes you feel like a friend, and he responds very quickly to any inquires we had. He was so accommodating and helpful in which areas we could go, and wrote beautifully for our ceremony. The way he correlated the redwoods with relationship had us both in tears. We would highly recommend having Paul as a part of your ceremony. He also recommended a handful of photographers which was life saving! We went with Kate who was incredible and had worked with Paul before. It was super special.

Sent on 07/14/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Heather! It was so fun to pull this all together in such a short time. I am over the moon happy for you guys and delighted that you are so pleased. It was an honor to be a part of your elopement.

Colleen Carpenter · Married on 06/26/2019

Dream vow renewal amongst the redwoods.

Made our 15 year vow renewal a dream come true. Blended right into our group like a long lost friend. His relaxed and welcoming nature makes everyone feel at ease. From the first email to the last hug he now has become part of our story. Helped us find the dream photographer. Our ceremony melted my husband and my own words together with splashes of his own. We changed locations at the last minute to a secluded trail beneath the amazing redwoods and he didn’t skip a beat. I can’t possible convey how important the person you choose to lead your very special occasion is but I will say please look no further. Speak with him and you will immediately know you are in good hands.

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 22
    Weddings In The Wild 23
    Weddings In The Wild 24
    Weddings In The Wild 25

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Colleen, thank you! It was such a treat to meet you all and be a part of your extended family's boho adventure to the redwoods. I'm very honored to have helped you celebrate your 15 years together and your personal milestone. Thank you.
  • Erika

Erika Burg · Married on 06/22/2019

Don't hesitate in hiring Paul for your special day!

Paul was willing to travel out of Humboldt County to Marin County for our wedding and we are so glad. His zest for life and positivity are infectious and he was able to write a personal and touching ceremony for us. The ceremony is so important to the day and working with Paul was a breeze. He was receptive to several rounds of edits (because I would change my mind or want additions) and really embedded our unique relationship and personalities into the ceremony while speaking so poignantly about the beautiful redwoods and our connection to nature. Weddings can be so stressful but having Paul there helped calm my nerves immensely and everything ran so smoothly. He is one of the warmest people and I am so glad he was our officiant. Worth every penny!!

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 26

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so kindly Erika! I'm so honored to have been a part of your wedding. It was so wonderful to meet your families and feel all of the love coming your way during the ceremony. I wish you and Marty continued beauty in your life together.
  • Deborah

Deborah Morse · Married on 05/19/2019

Perfect beach wedding

Paul was so awesome as an officiant. He was very quick to respond to my text as this was easiest for me to communicate. He was very accommodating to our venue and schedule. He was so sweet and kind like a fun sweet uncle you ha e in the family. We lived him s made our day very special! Thank you Paul for the best most perfect wedding I could have asked for!! Debbie Dynes

Sent on 07/01/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 27

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

I am so honored by your comments Debbie. Thank you so much, I am so very happy for you two! It was a super fun time and your kids are awesome.
  • Michelle

Michelle Forshner · Married on 05/11/2019

Compassionate, Personable and Fun

Paul was kind, generous, considerate, and super flexible with our very custom ceremony in the redwoods. He brought compassion and worked hard to build and deliver a beautiful and memorable experience for my husband and I. We are truly grateful!

Sent on 05/16/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 28
    Weddings In The Wild 29

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Michelle! I was such a gorgeous day with incredible lighting as well. Perfect for the radiant love of the two of you. I'm grateful for the honor of being your officiant.

Cody Nichols · Married on 04/19/2019

Paul saved our wedding

When our photographer (and sole witness) called at 3 am the day of our wedding to say that her water broke, we were ready to hand a camera to a stranger if it meant we could secure photos of our special day. But, thanks to Paul, it never came to that. Paul found us a great photographer in the area who was able to shoot and witness our wedding with less than twelve hours notice. Paul is an excellent officiant who will put thought into how to best create a ceremony that suits you, he is a super concierge with great knowledge of the area, and he's also just a delightful person to get to know and work with. Paul saved our day, he worked closely with us to make it special, and we just can't say enough how grateful we are to him.

Sent on 05/14/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 30

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Oh my gosh, Cody. Thank you so much. It was such a last minute surprise and I am really glad we were able to rally and have such a beautiful and intimate moment for the two of you. It was an honor to be part of your wedding.

Jessica Spinella · Married on 03/10/2019

So happy to have found Paul

Paul was absolutely perfect! He was always so quick to respond to my many questions! He even met with us last minute when we came up to eureka to scout our ceremony location. Paul is so kind, charismatic, and truly cares about helping you create your perfect ceremony! Thank you so much for helping ensue our elopement was a perfect.

Sent on 04/11/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 31

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Jessica! Thank you so much. It was a pleasure to meet your families and to get to know the two of you. I'm so glad that the weather and the day were so gorgeous.

Carl L. Center · Married on 03/07/2019

Very pleasant experience

Paul made our wedding a memorable experience and totally stress free. He is a special person which Rose & I (Carl) highly recommend.

Sent on 03/07/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Carl! I'm so glad that your and Rose's families were able to make the trip and that the weather cooperated so beautifully. It's always wonderful to meet my neighbors here in Humboldt. Thank you for the honor of being part of your wedding day.

Savannah Murray · Married on 01/26/2019

He was amazing!

We came from Louisiana to get married in the Redwoods and Mr. Paul made this such a wonderful experience. He took the time to get to know us and made our ceremony specific and personable. I could not have asked for more!! I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 02/19/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 32
    Weddings In The Wild 33
    Weddings In The Wild 34

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you very much Savannah! It was an honor to meet you and both of your families. I love it that your childhood dream came true, and very grateful that I could help you make that happen.

Todd Brown · Married on 01/01/2019

Care, Professionalism, Sensitivity

Paul was very nice and comfortable to work with. Marisa and I both enjoyed the care, professionalism and the sensitivity that Paul demonstrated during the process of getting to know each other. We highly recommend Paul as a wedding officiant.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Todd! Your and Marisa's wedding was the perfect way to begin the New Year. I'm honored to have been the officiant and look forward to our friendship growing.
  • Taryn

Taryn · Married on 11/09/2018

Our Weddings in the Wild Experience

Paul was a wonderful officiant for our wedding at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. He was flexible and patient with us as we planned our wedding. Paul evenhelped us learn more about the area since we were from out of state and he offered great suggestions for places to visit and see during our stay in a California.

Sent on 07/18/2019
    Weddings In The Wild 35

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Taryn! It was such a lovely adventure with your daughters to find the perfect spot for your ceremony. Giving them rings was such a beautiful touch. Such a wonderful symbol of family unity. I'm so honored to have been a part of this special time in your lives.