Weddings In The Wild Reviews

88 Reviews for Weddings In The Wild

• Claudia

Claudia B. · Getting married on 12/02/2021

Custom heartfelt ceremony

Paul is an amazing officiant. From the moment my husband and I reached out to him he made us feel at ease. He walked us through every step of our big day and took so much stress off our plates. He provided so many special and personal touches. The energy he brought on the day of our wedding was amazing. He is the perfect person to solidify your loving partnership!

Sent on 04/09/2021

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Claudia. I am so happy to see that you feel this way. It was wonderful to be part of your special moment and get to know the two of you. Thank you for the honor of officiating,

Matt R. · Getting married on 09/10/2021

Kind, Thoughtful, Flexible, and Genuine

Paul is a very organized and thoughtful officiant who made the entire process from start to finish feel easy and fun. He took the time to get to know us and write a very genuine and meaningful ceremony that struck all the right cords.

He helped organize and plan the sequence of events and walked us through how the ceremony would unfold. He was very flexible and accommodating throughout the whole process, especially since we were planning this in the middle of a pandemic and from across the country.

His considerate and attentive attitude really helped ease any stress we had leading into the big day. His presence is calming and you can't help but smile when he is around! Would highly recommend Paul if you are looking for someone who legitimately cares about making your day magical and memorable.

Sent on 11/20/2020

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you, Matt! Your kind words mean the world to me. Meeting the two of you and sharing in your journey was a real honor and I'm grateful for our connection. I'm really glad that your vision came together in an amazing day. Thank you for including me in this very special occasion.

Joshua D. · Getting married on 09/01/2021

Paul helped make our special day run smoothly and hitchless :)

Paul is a genuine caring person whom we felt as ease with from the get go. He helped facilitate an incredible, special day for my bride and I. Removed any worry that we had before the ceremony.

Sent on 03/02/2021

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Joshua! It was an honor to serve the two of you for your special day. Best wishes to the two of you for a wonderful life together.
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn G. · Getting married on 09/01/2021

Paul made our guests laugh and feel so welcome!

Paul made our guests laugh and feel so welcome! This was important to us. He is also very helpful. He even offered to accommodate any change in the time the day of the wedding, so we could still have it outdoors, pending the spouts of rain that all of us Humboldt County residents understand.

Sent on 03/03/2021

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Jocelyn!It was a real honor to officiate for the two of you. Your family were wonderful and I am so glad that you could have the intimate gathering. Best wishes and lots of love to you both.

Cindy S. · Married on 06/04/2021

Paul Marsh was the perfect officiant for our perfect ceremony. We love him.

Paul was all that we hoped for and more. Most importantly he gave us beautiful words for the ceremony. He created a beautiful moment for us, due to his thoughtful words and kind and open spirit. We could feel that he was blessing us with his words, and we felt a connection to him even though in many ways we were strangers, having only met previously online. Yet through the emails and the phone calls in advance of the ceremony, and due to the information he learned about us in those interactions and wove into the ceremony, we felt like we were being married by a true friend. Because we did a "confidential marriage license" there was no requirement for a witness, so it was just Paul and us, meaning no photographer etc. Somehow Paul juggled the ceremony itself and yet snapped some beautiful photos during the ceremony, without breaking the rhythm of the intimate moment. We could not have found the more perfect officiant for our perfect little ceremony.

Sent on 05/05/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Cindy. I am humbled by your thoughtful comments and delighted that everything went as you had hoped. It was so fun to meet you both and spend time exploring as we hunted for photo's afterwards. peace and love, paul

Rick A. · Married on 05/01/2021

wedding in the Redwoods

Paul did an excellent ceremony and made us feel committed to each other. His choice to bring us to the Redwoods was the best ever

Sent on 06/17/2021

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Rick! It was wonderful to meet you both and an honor to officiate. Much love to you both on your next chapter!
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 04/10/2021

Paul is awesome! He made our day amazing and stress-free!

Paul was an amazing fit for us and our wedding day. He was always easy to reach, very helpful, and gave us exactly what we wanted in our ceremony. My husband is originally from Humboldt County, but we still needed a little help finding a ceremony location that was beautiful and not too difficult to maneuver around (Dang heels lol). Paul gave us plenty of suggestions and ultimately helped us decide on our location. He was friendly, professional, and truly helped make our day absolutely perfect! We highly recommend Paul for any couple wanting to get married in the Humboldt County area!

Sent on 11/19/2020

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much, Amber! It was wonderful to meet your family and friends. I am so glad that I was able to help you fulfill your vision. What a gorgeous day! Thank you for including me.

Sara O. · Married on 03/20/2021

Absolutely Wonderful!

Paul was absolutely amazing. We are from Redding and got married at the Trees of Mystery. We did not actually get to meet Paul in person until the day of the Wedding, but we already felt comfortable, connected, and welcomed. Paul responded immediately to any questions we had. He took the time to get to know us and make our day special and specific to us. Paul had great energy. We appreciate him making our day even more wonderful.

Sent on 04/27/2021

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you very much Sara! I'm so glad that your wedding day was more wonderful than you imagined. It was an honor to meet your families and be a part of your wedding. I wish you all the best for a wonderful life together.
  • Casey-Carla

Casey-Carla F. · Married on 10/24/2020

Wedding of Casey and Carla

Casey and I had been engaged for almost three and a half years what was holding us back from getting married was the Big Show All Eyez on Me Casey isn't into any of that
    Casey was always talking about when he lived up north in Eureka California and how he would love to take me there and marry me so I picked up the Google and found Paul Marsh weddings in the wilderness .
    After reading a few reviews and looking at the beautiful pictures of his past couples I was sold
    Not only is he an amazing person he's reliable he's funny hes professional he does it all the vowels he wrote for Casey and I I couldn't have done it any better myself
    I promise you if you go with Paul Marsh you will not be disappointed

Sent on 11/26/2020

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Carla! It was really wonderful to meet the two of you and your children. I'm grateful for the honor of officiating your marriage. Best wishes to you both for a wonderful life together.

Phil H. · Married on 10/15/2020

Personalized, caring, adventurous and accommodating

Paul took time to learn about us and personalize the ceremony to our lives, hopes and dreams. We appreciate him so much, he has married us twice! Once in the midst of the Redwoods and again during the pandemic via Facetime on the beach! In person and Facetime were each as meaningful and memorable! Both ceremonies were heartfelt and specific to our needs. We cannot thank Paul enough for such meaningful and loving work, we consider him part of our family and hearts forever!

Sent on 05/30/2021

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much for these kind words, Phil. It has been truly wonderful to get to know the two of you and meet your families. The honor and privilege of working with the two of you on your spiritual and then legal unions has been tremendous. Thank you. Best wishes for many happy years together!

John W. · Married on 10/03/2020

Paul made it easy and meaningful, the Redwoods made it majestic.

We wanted to be married in the Redwoods by ourselves. Celebrating with family and friends could wait till we got back home. Planning it from across the country seemed difficult and time-consuming. Then we contacted Paul Marsh. From the time we traded our first e-mails with Paul, we relaxed and did what he told us to do. He interviewed us through face-time, wrote the ceremony to include much that he learned from us during that interview and a couple of shorter phone calls. Sent us the ceremony to be reviewed and edited (very little that we wanted to change). Paul helped us write our vows and gave us some suggestions for locations near Crescent City. We did everything he told us to do at the Courthouse that morning. (It was a breeze since we had all of the information that he said we would need.) And that afternoon he performed the ceremony in a gorgeous spot amongst 2000 year old trees. It rained, but he brought umbrellas. And he took pictures after the ceremony. Paul help us create the perfect wedding for us. Thanks, Paul.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, John. I am so very glad that the day went so very well for the two of you. It was wonderful that the rain provided a glorious bit of good luck wishes from Mother Nature. And, a fun adventure.
    peace and love,
    paul

Elizabeth D. · Married on 09/30/2020

Perfect Officiant

Went above and beyond to make our day special!

Sent on 11/19/2020

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you, Elizabeth! It was an honor to officiate and a privilege to help you navigate the pandemic. Best wishes to you for a wonderful life together.

Karina R. · Married on 08/31/2020

Simple. Easy

I found Paul online during partial shutdown from covid. He was the only one who responded And made accommodations to fit our wedding needs.

Sent on 11/21/2020

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Karina. It was wonderful to have your intimate ceremony at such a beautiful City Park garden and I'm honored to have been there. Much love to you both.

Meredith B. · Married on 08/30/2020

Unique and Beautiful

Like many couples in 2020, my fiancé and I had to cancel our initial wedding plans. Our Colorado ceremony of 150 guests was suddenly impossible, so we had to have some difficult conversations about what to do next. We decided to elope, just the two of us, to the redwoods. We found Paul online and it was a wonderful experience working with him from our first meeting. He helped us feel comfortable during an uncertain time. He had all the answers we needed, including tricky Covid-19 rules and the best place for out-of-staters to get a marriage license. Our ceremony was beautiful; he really captured us as a couple and incorporated the redwoods in such a unique way. We will always be grateful to him for making our day as special as possible.

Sent on 12/12/2020

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Meredith. I'm honored to have been able to help the two of you create a wonderful experience in place of your original vision. Best wishes to you both for a wonderful life together.

Adrian S. · Married on 08/08/2020

Above and beyond, all around amazing human being.

Paul played an enormous role in making the magic of our wedding come to life.
    There may be many others, but there is only one Paul Marsh.

Sent on 08/18/2020

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Adrian! You were on such an adventure. I am really glad that our paths crossed so that I could help the two of you make the dream come together.

Loretta H. · Married on 08/08/2020

Amazing Ceremony amongst the Redwoods

My husband and I decided to do a small ceremony and Paul did an amazing job, he was professional and very kind. He helped make our special day everything we wanted it to be and more.

Sent on 08/20/2020

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you Loretta. I'm glad the day exceeded your expectations, that is what we wanted. It was such a perfect morning. I'm honored to have been a part of your elopement.

Ryan H. · Married on 08/08/2020

Wonderful Experience

Paul made our elopement experience one that we will be able to cherish for years to come. A wonderful individual who takes great pride in making you special day memorable.
    Thanks Paul!

Sent on 09/04/2020

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you, Ryan! It was an honor and a pleasure to be a part of that moment for you. Best wishes for the years to come.
  • Wenda

Wenda Y. · Married on 02/09/2020

The Perfect Officiant

I'm from Canada and my husband is American. We had the dilemma of where and who to invite to our wedding. The Redwoods were on my husband's bucket list and as soon as he suggested this it sounded perfectly unique. As well an elopement made the most sense as we are in Wyoming and our friends and family were spread across both countries. I did a search and quickly found Paul online and I knew we had found the perfect person to marry us. I was sold after reviewing his website and many glowing reviews. Paul responded to my inquiry very quickly and from there I felt a great relief that things would work out well. We drove from Wyoming, incorporating a road trip and weddingmoon that was perfect for us. We finalized our wedding date a bit late so he was booked on the dates we wanted but Paul accommodated us. We did as he suggested and drove down the Avenue of the Giants in our chosen locale, Humboldt State Park and found our perfect spot in a gorgeous old grove. The ceremony was relaxed and natural feeling and Paul's passion for what he does certainly shined through. It was great Paul had provided sample vows and suggestions for writing our own. Paul delivered a very special service and we added some personal vows. He is a great human being and I am so pleased we were able to marry in such a beautifully unique place with the perfect Officiant.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Your words are so touching and mean so much to me, thank you Wenda! I love how things always work out in wonderful and delightful ways. It was wonderful to be part of your special moment. Thank you for that honor. May your years together be a forever weddingmoon.

Nick E. · Married on 11/19/2019

In one word.... Superb!

Paul is an amazing human being who has established a way for people to make their wedding dreams come true no matter the location. His friendly personality, and willingness to personalize your ceremony make him top choice for outdoor/wilderness style weddings. He made our wedding day amazing, bringing together the perfect wording for our Ceremony, personalized and perfect, and meeting us in a beautiful location in the Redwoods of Northern California. I would highly recommend Paul to anyone looking for a unique and personalized wedding ceremony wherever you choose! Thanks Paul for everything... Natalie and I will not forget you and the experience you gave us. Best wishes for anything the future holds for you.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Reading your review at the turn of the decade brings tears to my eyes, Nick. It was an honor to be there for you and Natalie. I am so happy that the day was everything you wanted and more. All the best to the two of you in our wonderful life together.
  • Natalia

Natalia R. · Married on 10/10/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better person to marry us!

Paul was just amazing. Not only was he a perfect guide during the whole planning of the wedding but on the day he was an absolute hero! Our day almost went array when a huge power cut happened across California. Paul not only called the court house in advance to make sure we could still get our certificate but also kept us updated on what was happening and what to do. As we were alone in the US for our wedding this was so invaluable - we really could not have done it without him. The day went perfectly, Paul's words were beautiful and we feel so lucky to have had him as part of our wedding.

Sent on 02/11/2020

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Natalia! That was a crazy time and I am so glad that the two of you were able to realize your dream. It was an honor to help with doing my part. I wish you the best on your new adventure and your life together.

Patrick M. · Married on 09/24/2019

Excellent friend and resource!

Paul was nothing short of INCREDIBLE! He helped us through the full journey of becoming husband and wife. He was super easy to get a hold of and was also there when we needed him (even when you have a mental breakdown the day before your wedding) We are from out of the state and having Paul guide us with his knowledge of the Redwoods and neighboring areas was something we could never put a price tag on. We are so thankful to have crossed paths with him and will never forget our time shared in the redwoods! Thank you so much Paul!!

-The Mantles

Sent on 09/25/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Patrick! It was so wonderful to be part of your adventure and then to finally meet you on your wedding day. I'm so glad that everything turned out as you had dreamed. I'm honored to have made your acquaintance.

Bree S. · Married on 09/09/2019

Amazing officiant

Paul was the greatest officiant we could ever ask for. He was so excited and honored to be apart of our elopement. He made us feel apart of the creation of the ceremony and was happy to adjust and change anything that we needed. He was so kind and it was a beautiful ceremony with his help. Thanks again!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

You are so very welcome back at you, Bree! It really means so much to know you're so happy. Thank you. It was an honor to meet the three of you and be part of your bonding moment.
  • Jenni

Jenni C. · Married on 08/21/2019

A wedding we couldn’t have even dreamed of

Paul was an absolutely incredible officiant and made our wedding better than we could’ve dreamed of. We traveled across the country for our private ceremony and knew he was the perfect person to officiate after just one phone call. He personalized our ceremony to encapsulate our love exactly how we want it to be shown, and was so easy to work with even hundreds of miles away. We are especially cautious in finding LGBTQ+ friendly vendors, and Paul was nothing short of incredible. He took the time to really know us as a couple and we are so thankful for the beautiful ceremony and friendship he provided us. We love you Paul!! - o&j

Sent on 10/29/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Jenni! I'm so happy to hear that your special day was more than you and your lovely wife could have dreamed. It was wonderful to get tho now the two of you. I'm very honored that you chose me for your wedding. peace and love to you!

Chess' · Married on 08/09/2019

Sandra & Bart Chess

Paul was absolutely AWESOME. We held our vow renewal ceremony in the Redwood forest. We came in from the east coast and he kept in constant touch with us during the time leading up to the ceremony. He is very familiar with the area and offered some helpful advice in preparing for the ceremony. The ceremony itself was absolutely wonderful, in no small part to Paul's willingness to go out of his way to provide assistance.

Sent on 09/08/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Your family was so wonderful to meet, Sandi. Renewing your vows with your family there was such a beautiful way to celebrate your anniversary. It was an honor to help you prepare and be a part of the celebration of your loves. Thank you.

Stephanie B. · Married on 08/09/2019

We could not have asked for better!

Paul was great from the beginning to the end. We came from the CT and he helped with suggestions and made everything easy breezy. He took away from the stress and made sure everything was perfect. We could not have asked for a better officiant. We would highly recommend him!! All our love. The Bessettes

Sent on 09/28/2019

Weddings In The Wild's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! Your wedding day worked out so perfectly and I am so honored to have ben a part of it. It was such a treat to meet your family, too. Thank you! Much love and many blessings to you all.