76 Reviews for Weddings by Richard Burton

Jewish (1)
Baptist (1)
Agnostic (1)
76 Weddings by Richard Burton Reviews

Rick was recommended to us by a friend and we are so happy we decided to have him officiate our wedding! He guided us along the way and trusted him to make our day perfect and it was! Not only did he officiate our wedding perfectly he also assisted us the day of to make sure the day went smooth and perfect. He went above and beyond and we are truly grateful he was part of our special day! I highly recommend Rick to help make your big day complete and worry free! Tara and Jeremy - Married August 25, 2017 at Boone Hall Plantation

Profile Picture Tara, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was an absolute joy and delight to work with! From our initial emails, I knew Rick's humor and wit made him the right person to officiate my ceremony. He made the process stress free! We communicated via email, in planning the service and in writing of the vows. Rick was caring, attentive and so helpful in the process. He also reccomended photographer Kim Graham, who is equally as amazing to work with. Together as a team, they made my wedding day fantastic! It went exactly as I had hoped for, except for the little bit of rain :) Even with the rain, Rick was so accommodating to the conditions, and made everything work out perfectly. I am so grateful that Rick officiated my ceremony. He will always have a special place in my heart, for all he did in making my wedding day so special.

Profile Picture Christine, 11/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was fantastic. We both have different religious views and beliefs, and Rick was able to tie them together for a ceremony that was perfect for us. We have already gladly recommended him to friends who are considering getting married.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Erin, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed, Catholic, No Denomination

Rick was outstanding to work with! We really enjoyed the planning process and were able to meet, email and chat on the phone. We are from Chicago so planning a wedding so far away can be stressful....not with Rick! He made so many good suggestions and even put us in touch with other vendors. I'll never forget on the day of the wedding, after the ceremony, Rick was helping my mom bustle my dress so that I could enjoy the cocktail hour faster. He was just magical! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Brittney, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We hired Rick to be our officiant for our elopement last fall. Given that the ceremony was just myself and my husband (no guests), we wanting our vows and such to be intimate and personal, but without being over the top. Rick was an absolute dream and catered to exactly what we were looking for. He sent over tons of inspiration and poems and experts and we were able to customize exactly what our 20 minute ceremony would entail. We also love that he focused on small details: like bringing a small bag to hold our rings before the ring exchange. He also reached out to our photographer to see what color suit my husband was wearing so he didn't clash. Little things like that are what made our day so special and so much fun. I can't recommend him enough! xoxo

Profile Picture Cathy, 10/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were one month away from a wedding on St. Thomas when hurricane Irma hit and destroyed everything. We were devastated and scrambled to find our next destination. We picked Charleston since we visited last year and fell in love with the area. Then we found Rick Burton. He went above and beyond expectations to make sure our wedding would happen with just 3 weeks to plan. His assistance from recommending the photographer, Kim Graham (who is awesome), along with hair/makeup (Lashes and Lace), to the bridal bouquet, which he picked up and brought to our seaside wedding, and the marriage license is something we are truly grateful for. Rick’s suggestion of an arbor on the beach was a great idea and one that is so memorable especially getting it into the SUV! There aren’t enough great things to say about Rick for quite simply, he is the best!
Donna and Mark Palange

Profile Picture Donna, 10/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Richard was everything my wife and I could have hoped for from start to finish. He was helpful in every aspect of his responsibility and showed us how to have fun in the process. I was so impressed I even gave him room to improvise during our ceremony with his words. I would recommend him to family, friends, and strangers alike - you simply cannot do better.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 9/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rick was nothing short of amazing! He took the stress out of our special day and made it phenomenal. His attention to detail and brilliant ideas make him a priceless addition for sure! I could not imagine our wedding without him. If you do not contact him, you are missing out!

Profile Picture April, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was one of the only vendors that took notes when we first met with him and that impressed my husband and I immensely. We had a fantastic experience with him and he is so adaptable to anything you request, and is very timely in his responses. Great man!

Profile Picture britt, 9/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Single Religion, No Denomination

If your looking for the perfect officiant, look no further. Richard Burton is professional, friendly, and great at we he does. We interviewed countless officiants when planning our SC wedding from TX. I was starting to panic because I couldn't find anyone that blew me away until we met him. I didn't want the same boring, traditional service but I wanted someone to respect our religious beliefs along with someone that looked good in our pictures. I know, I'm really picky but all of that was important to me. He really captivated the moment and made something unique that captured our hearts and our friends/families. He was also so kind. He catered to us throughout the entire process and even lead us in prayer at my reception dinner. He went above and beyond and we are so happy for him.

Profile Picture Kasey, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Licensed, Rehearsal, Baptist

Rick was AWESOME!!! He was informative, calm and always available. We originally wanted to exchange our vows at the Angel Oak but due to pearl restrictions, we had to find an alternative. Rick came with an excellent suggestion that turned out to be even better than our original plan. I got dressed alone and needed help with my zipper and didn't have anyone to call so I called Rick. He immediately came up to assist me with my dress and took me to my wedding venue. You won't find too many officiants that will do that. My husband and I now consider Rick a friend. I couldn't recommend anyone more professional, gracious and more caring that Reverend Rick. He's the Best!!!

Profile Picture Reese, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Single Religion, No Denomination

From months before to the day of, Rick checked on us, helped us get our ducks in a row and made sure we enjoyed our day the fullest.
What was a special day was made spectacular by Rick. It was the little things, from a quick note to helping one of our guests with their bow tie.
Rick is a truly special person

Profile Picture JUAn, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Methodist, Customized Vows

Rick was incredible. Very accommodating and was very well prepared from the first phone call. We had decided on him within the first 2 minutes of our initial call. As we were having a destination wedding, he was very helpful and met with us several times. He is incredibly friendly, well spoke, well dressed, and knows how to command an audience. He also had several suggestions and such that we hadn't even thought of. His experience with venues in the Charleston area is virtually unmatched. Rick not only officiates the wedding, but wants to create a long term friendship with couples which we think is awesome. We would recommend Rick with the highest level of enthusiasm possible.

Thanks Rick!

Matt and Audra

Profile Picture Audra, 6/5/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic

From the moment my now husband and I spoke to Rick for the first time on the phone we knew we HAD to have him as our officiant. Not only is Rick experienced, he was a wealth of knowledge in regards to the Charleston area, helped us craft our ceremony and made our ceremony planning experience as seamless as possible. Rick has this calm way about him that makes you feel comfortable and at ease. I couldn't have pictured our wedding day without him, even our families raved about how wonderful he was. You will not regret hiring Rick for your big day!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/12/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Rick was amazingly organized and he was able to tweak some last details before the ceremony! My husband and I were really happy! Rick did a great job by fitting our personalized vows.

Profile Picture Ana, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

We loved working with Rick Burton!!! I am Jewish and husband was raised Christian. Rick listened to our wishes of incorporating some Jewish traditions without making the ceremony feel overly religious. Rick was the professional that we were looking for - he had a sweet/kind sense of humor, but did not make any tasteless jokes. He was extremely understanding and receptive to the changes that I wanted made to the ceremony ... minutes before the rehearsal. We were so lucky to have him. He was the exact officiant that me and my husband were looking for. We were so happy we chose Rick Burton and highly recommend him to any couple!!!

Profile Picture Beth, 4/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious, Catholic, Jewish

As if the outstanding Belmond Charleston hotel and the wonderful city of Charleston, SC wasn't enough already, Richard Burton was truly the icing on the cake for the greatest wedding we could possibly imagine.

From the pressing of the wedding dress to the location of the ceremony to flowers to reception dinner to excursions on our honeymoon, he was literally at our fingertips. Not only there for assistance, but anything we wanted or needed.

His personal, caring touch shows how much he truly loves what he does. The term going above and beyond doesn't begin to describe the phenomenal service this man provides.

We both felt in the beginning that we would hire someone to take care of planning & performing the wedding of our dreams. We not only received that & so much more, but also a great friend we are connected to for life.

Thank you Rick, from the bottom of our newlywed hearts, you genuinely are the best.

Steve & Rebecca Vargo
Married January 17th, 2017 at The Gazebo at The Battery (White Point Gardens)
From Wyandotte, MI

Profile Picture Steve, 1/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Dress & Attire, Flowers, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough good things about Rick. He help us coordinate every aspect of our wedding I'm choosing the venue to our vows to even arranging for our hotel and dinner reservations. His attention to detail and follow up and follow through are exemplary. We would've been lost without him you; cannot go wrong with having Rick has your officiant! He even adjusts his outfit to your needs (in our case, a purple tie)! Look no further, seriously. He is the absolute best. You will not regret it.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 1/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

STOP looking around for the best wedding officiant in town. Mr. Rick Burton will go above and beyond his call of duty to ensure you have the absolute best wedding experience. For our wedding in Mt Pleasant last December, Rick assisted us to put together a complete ceremony and reception in three weeks. His bright and insightful suggestions made our special day AMAZING; all of our guests raved at how great our wedding ceremony was.

Our religious ceremony was short but beautiful yet with humor that matched our personalities, just as we wanted. Rick’s best asset is his active and genuine interest to help you plan every aspect of your wedding day. You may have hired him just as a wedding officiant, but if you let him he could be a great friend and source of information planning the wedding. As stated by Leighton Da Costa, our professional wedding photographer, many officiants are great performing the ceremony; there are not many who actually care for the success of your special day. Rick took care of our wedding license, certified copies and continued to follow up with us until we were completely satisfied. Thank You Rick!

Profile Picture Omar, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Richard Burton was an amazing officiant! He made sure that the ceremony was a perfect mixture of what my groom and I wanted. He gave us all the resources we needed to make our vows perfect. He was punctual, and very professional! Everyone who attended the wedding raved about how beautiful the ceremony was. The best thing about Richard Burton is his flexibility with cultures, religion, and style. I think no matter where you come from, or what religious background you are, he will make it work. Definitely worth the money!

Profile Picture Hannah, 12/17/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

Rick was a perfect fit from the first time we met. He has an infectious personality that makes you feel like all is going to be well, even through the chaos of planning a wedding. Rick was a text or phone call away our entire adventure. He was so helpful and encouraging every step of the way! He was always on time, even when we asked him to show up earlier than planned on our wedding day. I can't say enough good things about Rick. We will definitely keep in touch.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was an absolute pleasure to work with....he made the ceremony process fun! He was really good about communicating and the ceremony felt so personal. He helped make the rehearsal painless and guided everyone so well that the ceremony went perfectly. I'm biased, but Rick helped us have the best wedding ceremony ever. I highly suggest you contact him to be your officiant and help you with any other wedding consultations that you need. He's simply the best.

Profile Picture Jane, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

If I could do my wedding over, I would choose Richard as our officiant every time. I was so so pleased with his professionalism, his kindness, thoughtfulness, and attention to the small things. Our big day would not have been the same without him. Rick has a way of making everyone feel comfortable. He was always quick to respond with emails and he was just wonderful to have by our sides. I highly recommend him for anyone's big day!!

Profile Picture Liv, 11/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was the perfect officiant for us! We are both spiritual and he helped give us ideas for writing our ceremony - which I was anxious about. He spent our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner with our family getting to know them, too. Our wedding was perfect and couldn't have asked for more! He even mailed our marriage license so that was one less thing to worry about after the wedding. Thank you, Rick!

Profile Picture Marisa, 11/5/16, 2 Reviews