88 Reviews for Weddings by Richard Burton

Methodist (2)
Vow Renewal (1)
Agnostic (1)
88 Weddings by Richard Burton Reviews

Rick was recommended to us by a friend and we are so happy we decided to have him officiate our wedding! He guided us along the way and trusted him to make our day perfect and it was! Not only did he officiate our wedding perfectly he also assisted us the day of to make sure the day went smooth and perfect. He went above and beyond and we are truly grateful he was part of our special day! I highly recommend Rick to help make your big day complete and worry free! Tara and Jeremy - Married August 25, 2017 at Boone Hall Plantation

Profile Picture Tara, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My Husband and I absolutely LOVED working with Rick. He was there for us anytime we needed him, like when we didn’t have pocket squares for the groomsmen on our wedding day he was so nice and offered to pick some up! He helped us to write the perfect ceremony and was able to deliver when it came to conducting the wedding! Anytime I needed him he was there, he made sure I wasn’t nervous and was very flexible with us and made our vision come true. He was early to our wedding which was great, dressed exactly like I asked him to and more. He was also very affordable and you will get more than what you pay for. We would highly recommend him!!

Profile Picture Tobae, 6/9/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Baptist, Customized Vows

Rick was incredible! Everyone loved his demeanor and how he delivered our vows on our wedding day. I am Christian and my now husband is Jewish and Rick did an excellent job of intertwining our backgrounds and families into the ceremony. He handled anything and everything we threw at him and we couldn't have asked for a better officiant to marry us. He was so kind to our guests and even after the ceremony, stuck around with us during pictures to make sure we (bride and groom) had drinks and appetizers coming our way - talk about going above and beyond! We highly recommend Rick! He feels like a family friend to us now!

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/3/18, 14 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, Baptist, Jewish

We found Rick just by searching and came across his reviews here on Wedding Wire. These reviews aren’t fake or exaggerated. He really takes the time to personalize the ceremony and make the entire process easy. He took charge at the rehearsal and day of to make sure that we didn’t have to worry about anything. We really appreciate him and his work. Look no further!
-The Turners

Profile Picture Mitch, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had an amazing experience with Rick as our officiant! He was professional throughout our back and forth emails whilst we wrote our ceremony and always knew the "norms" of how the ceremony was supposed to flow, which was very helpful. He even brought his outfit options to our rehearsal so we could pick out which color tie he should wear. And throughout the whole process, he joked and made us laugh to keep the mood as it should be, light and fun. We love Rick and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a truly great officiant!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/5/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

There just aren't enough adjectives in the dictionary to describe how fabulous Rick is!!!!!! When we met with him my husband and I had an instant connection with him. He really took the time to get to know us and who we are as a couple! He made our day so special and personable. He was not only our Officiant but he is now our friend!

Profile Picture Mitzi, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

It's hard to expand on the glowing reviews that Rick has from other couples but I will let you know they are all true. Rick is one of the most spectacular people you will ever want to meet and he will go out of his way to make your special day all the more memorable. I'll start by saying that we had a tough time finding a wedding officiant due to our wedding date, Easter Sunday. We met with a few other people who all seemed nice enough but would not commit to our day. Then Rick came along. Not only was he happy to accommodate our requested day he was far superior to any of the other people we had previously met. Our first meeting with Rick was in a small pub where he went over everything we could imagine and the things that we couldn't. I might add it was most impressive that he showed up to that meeting in a tuxedo. After the meeting we left with the impression that he was someone special and we had to have him perform our service. By the next day our decision was reaffirmed when Rick sent us an email thanking us, going over everything we discussed, and providing us with a list of ceremony elements. In the following weeks Rick and I worked out the details of the ceremony down to the last element. He was really open to anything we wanted to incorporate and sent us numerous emails with the program elements all laid out. He offered to do any leg work we needed, like get our license, or find coordinators, hair people, etc. By the way, Rick should be the first person to talk to because he can put you in touch with anyone else you will need for your ceremony. The day before the ceremony Rick showed up, early and in a tuxedo again, he walked us through the ceremony from start to finish and explained everyone's role. Our wedding day went off without a hitch and it is in no small part due to Rick. He even did a lot of the behind the scenes coordinating to make sure everything was perfect. He truly loves what he does and if I could I would give him 10 stars.

Photo for Weddings by Richard Burton Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Jeffrey, 4/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was incredible to work with! Rick put in the effort to get to know us as a couple, which was very important to us. He took the time to talk to us at length via FaceTime and also in person when we were able to make it to Charleston. Rick is super friendly, and he is a genuinely nice guy. He was very helpful in planning our ceremony content, and the ceremony was absolutely perfect. We cannot say enough good things about Rick!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 3/17/18, 14 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Single Religion, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

Rick was an absolute joy and delight to work with! From our initial emails, I knew Rick's humor and wit made him the right person to officiate my ceremony. He made the process stress free! We communicated via email, in planning the service and in writing of the vows. Rick was caring, attentive and so helpful in the process. He also reccomended photographer Kim Graham, who is equally as amazing to work with. Together as a team, they made my wedding day fantastic! It went exactly as I had hoped for, except for the little bit of rain :) Even with the rain, Rick was so accommodating to the conditions, and made everything work out perfectly. I am so grateful that Rick officiated my ceremony. He will always have a special place in my heart, for all he did in making my wedding day so special.

Profile Picture Christine, 11/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was fantastic. We both have different religious views and beliefs, and Rick was able to tie them together for a ceremony that was perfect for us. We have already gladly recommended him to friends who are considering getting married.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Erin, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows, Licensed, Catholic, No Denomination

My husband and I got married in Asheville last October and highly recommend Rick as a wedding officiant! Since my husband and I live in Chicago, we communicated with Rick over the phone and over email up until our wedding rehearsal. He made himself available to us and was always easy to get in touch with. We didn't meet him in person until the day before our wedding, and he immediately put us at ease during the rehearsal. He was extremely professional and made us think of things that we never considered when selecting a wedding officiant. He made sure to ask what color suits the groom and groomsmen were wearing so that he could coordinate accordingly for the pictures. He had a lot of different ideas for the ceremony and tons of examples for us to read through and choose from. The day of the wedding, he was incredibly articulate and well spoken during the ceremony. Overall, my husband and I are very happy and couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Profile Picture Caroline, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Rick was outstanding to work with! We really enjoyed the planning process and were able to meet, email and chat on the phone. We are from Chicago so planning a wedding so far away can be stressful....not with Rick! He made so many good suggestions and even put us in touch with other vendors. I'll never forget on the day of the wedding, after the ceremony, Rick was helping my mom bustle my dress so that I could enjoy the cocktail hour faster. He was just magical! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Brittney, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We hired Rick to be our officiant for our elopement last fall. Given that the ceremony was just myself and my husband (no guests), we wanting our vows and such to be intimate and personal, but without being over the top. Rick was an absolute dream and catered to exactly what we were looking for. He sent over tons of inspiration and poems and experts and we were able to customize exactly what our 20 minute ceremony would entail. We also love that he focused on small details: like bringing a small bag to hold our rings before the ring exchange. He also reached out to our photographer to see what color suit my husband was wearing so he didn't clash. Little things like that are what made our day so special and so much fun. I can't recommend him enough! xoxo

Profile Picture Cathy, 10/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were one month away from a wedding on St. Thomas when hurricane Irma hit and destroyed everything. We were devastated and scrambled to find our next destination. We picked Charleston since we visited last year and fell in love with the area. Then we found Rick Burton. He went above and beyond expectations to make sure our wedding would happen with just 3 weeks to plan. His assistance from recommending the photographer, Kim Graham (who is awesome), along with hair/makeup (Lashes and Lace), to the bridal bouquet, which he picked up and brought to our seaside wedding, and the marriage license is something we are truly grateful for. Rick’s suggestion of an arbor on the beach was a great idea and one that is so memorable especially getting it into the SUV! There aren’t enough great things to say about Rick for quite simply, he is the best!
Donna and Mark Palange

Profile Picture Donna, 10/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Richard was everything my wife and I could have hoped for from start to finish. He was helpful in every aspect of his responsibility and showed us how to have fun in the process. I was so impressed I even gave him room to improvise during our ceremony with his words. I would recommend him to family, friends, and strangers alike - you simply cannot do better.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 9/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rick was nothing short of amazing! He took the stress out of our special day and made it phenomenal. His attention to detail and brilliant ideas make him a priceless addition for sure! I could not imagine our wedding without him. If you do not contact him, you are missing out!

Profile Picture April, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rick was one of the only vendors that took notes when we first met with him and that impressed my husband and I immensely. We had a fantastic experience with him and he is so adaptable to anything you request, and is very timely in his responses. Great man!

Profile Picture britt, 9/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Single Religion, No Denomination

There's really not much else we can say about Rick that hasn't already been said in previous reviews.

Rick was very professional and organized while also being fun throughout the entire planning and ceremony process. He put up with our, unfortunate, low responsiveness and various planning issues without any hassle. He went above and beyond to provide us some voice recording equipment on the day of the wedding (even letting us keep it and return it at a later date at no cost) so that we could attempt to record our ceremony.

You can tell absolutely that Rick has a passion for what he does and ultimately for making sure you are happy every second he is around. I would never hesitate to recommend him to anyone that is looking for an officiant.

Profile Picture Tyler, 9/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife and I, Andrea, were connected with Rick through a wedding planner and we couldn't be happier with his flexibility, class, and professionalism. During the best day of our lives we felt like everything was taken care of and Rick played a huge part in providing that comfort.

Profile Picture Nathan, 7/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If your looking for the perfect officiant, look no further. Richard Burton is professional, friendly, and great at we he does. We interviewed countless officiants when planning our SC wedding from TX. I was starting to panic because I couldn't find anyone that blew me away until we met him. I didn't want the same boring, traditional service but I wanted someone to respect our religious beliefs along with someone that looked good in our pictures. I know, I'm really picky but all of that was important to me. He really captivated the moment and made something unique that captured our hearts and our friends/families. He was also so kind. He catered to us throughout the entire process and even lead us in prayer at my reception dinner. He went above and beyond and we are so happy for him.

Profile Picture Kasey, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Licensed, Rehearsal, Baptist

Rick was AWESOME!!! He was informative, calm and always available. We originally wanted to exchange our vows at the Angel Oak but due to pearl restrictions, we had to find an alternative. Rick came with an excellent suggestion that turned out to be even better than our original plan. I got dressed alone and needed help with my zipper and didn't have anyone to call so I called Rick. He immediately came up to assist me with my dress and took me to my wedding venue. You won't find too many officiants that will do that. My husband and I now consider Rick a friend. I couldn't recommend anyone more professional, gracious and more caring that Reverend Rick. He's the Best!!!

Profile Picture Reese, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Single Religion, No Denomination

From months before to the day of, Rick checked on us, helped us get our ducks in a row and made sure we enjoyed our day the fullest.
What was a special day was made spectacular by Rick. It was the little things, from a quick note to helping one of our guests with their bow tie.
Rick is a truly special person

Profile Picture JUAn, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Methodist, Customized Vows

Rick was incredible. Very accommodating and was very well prepared from the first phone call. We had decided on him within the first 2 minutes of our initial call. As we were having a destination wedding, he was very helpful and met with us several times. He is incredibly friendly, well spoke, well dressed, and knows how to command an audience. He also had several suggestions and such that we hadn't even thought of. His experience with venues in the Charleston area is virtually unmatched. Rick not only officiates the wedding, but wants to create a long term friendship with couples which we think is awesome. We would recommend Rick with the highest level of enthusiasm possible.

Thanks Rick!

Matt and Audra

Profile Picture Audra, 6/5/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic

From the moment my now husband and I spoke to Rick for the first time on the phone we knew we HAD to have him as our officiant. Not only is Rick experienced, he was a wealth of knowledge in regards to the Charleston area, helped us craft our ceremony and made our ceremony planning experience as seamless as possible. Rick has this calm way about him that makes you feel comfortable and at ease. I couldn't have pictured our wedding day without him, even our families raved about how wonderful he was. You will not regret hiring Rick for your big day!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/12/17, 7 Reviews