Weddings by Alisa Reviews

57 | Pittsburgh, PA

57 Reviews for Weddings by Alisa

Jana · Married on 10/03/2015

Alisa is extremely talented and professional! What makes her even better is that she is a wonderful person and very easy to work with! Alisa took absolutely beautiful photos at our wedding! She took every single photo that I asked her to, plus she had some wonderful ideas of her own! She also remained calm when I was running late getting ready for the ceremony, which helped me remain calm! I would recommend her to any bride getting married in or near Pittsburgh! She is fantastic!

Sent on 01/05/2016
  • Bekah

Bekah · Married on 08/22/2015

Alisa is an awesome photographer. She edits her own pictures and does an amazing job. She did our engagement pictures but wasn't available for our wedding. We highly recommend weddingsbyalisa!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Jodi · Married on 07/04/2015

Alisa shot our wedding on July 4 and the photos she captured exceeded our expectations! She is both incredibly personable and professional. I have seen so many wedding pictures by many photographers and I feel that Alisa's pictures are in their own league. We had a limited amount of time to get all of our pictures done, and Alisa managed to get all of the pictures we wanted while keeping us all calm at the same time! I highly recommend Alisa. The pictures she captured are beautiful, creative, and classic. We couldn't have been happier. Of all of the decisions we made for our wedding, choosing Alisa as our photographer was our best one!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Working with Alisa was a fantastic experience. Like many couples who may have been taken aback by the cost of throwing a wedding, we had to prioritize where our money went, and we made the best decision by bringing Alisa on board. In fact, her online gallery helped us decide on our venue. We knew we were working with someone that evokes the emotion of the day with a naturalness (and, when it fits, a goofiness) that totally fit our vibe. She instantly bonded with us, with our family (and our dog) and the delight of our wedding is memorialized in the photos!

Like others, we were at first pouty about the mandatory engagement shoot. But as two people who are professional photobombers, not super keen on posing for shoots, it was actually incredibly useful in priming us for Alisa's direction on the big day and helping us get those shots that we always admired in others' albums but never actually had the patience to pose for. She made it not only possible, but effortless.
    A+++

Sent on 01/03/2016

Alyia · Married on 02/20/2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Alisa for our wedding this past February. I contacted Alisa after seeing some of her work on a friend’s Facebook page. As soon as we met Alisa, we knew she was the perfect photographer for us. She is extremely talented and we knew that by choosing her we would have the highest quality photos. However, we didn’t just choose her because of her pictures. During our meeting, Alisa was very inquisitive and made us feel as though she genuinely wanted to get to know us and find a way to tell our story through her photography. Additionally, she answered all of our questions and even gave us advice on questions that we should consider asking other vendors, which was extremely helpful since we were planning our entire wedding.

On the actual wedding day, I felt like I was hanging out with a friend rather than a vendor. She laughed with us, danced with us, and helped us get ready. She even helped fix one of my bridesmaids dresses that was too big. Most importantly she keep everyone on schedule and knew exactly what to say when I felt stressed.

We could not have picked a better photographer to work with. She made our experience unforgettable! Flipping through our photos is almost like watching a video of our wedding. Alisa was able to capture every special moment from the minute we started getting ready until the last song. Like most couples, we had a vision for our wedding photos; however, her photos embody our vision and so much more. She delivered on everything she promised and gave us more that we ever expected. I would highly recommend Alisa!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Jenny · Married on 08/23/2014

I wanted to write this review for all of the newly engaged couples out there who are looking for a photographer. I hired Weddings by Alisa for my wedding in August 2014 and I am really happy I did. If you take a look at her portfolio the quality of her work speaks for itself. I liked her photography style and experience, both of which were enough to seal the deal for me. But I think it is important to know that Alisa has a great personality for a wedding. She is really upbeat and energetic, which is wonderful when you and your friends are taking pictures when you would rather be celebrating. It would be an understatement to say that my husband feels uncomfortable when posing for pictures, and Alisa did a great job of coaching him through the engagement session and the wedding photographs.

Particularly if you want pics of the bridal party getting ready, you and the bridal party spend a lot of time with your photographer. In addition to her photography skills, I think Alisa has a talent for walking the fine line between being as friendly as possible, while also being professional and non-intrusive as a photographer. My bridal party really liked Alisa, which just added to the fun of the day. Also, the wedding pictures were ready in about a month both online and via a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive was delivered in a very pretty box with pictures from the wedding day included and is a great keepsake. Alissa also sent out picture ornaments to all of her 2014 couples for the holiday season, which I thought was really sweet and thoughtful. I would highly recommend Weddings by Alisa to any couple that is planning their wedding day!

Sent on 01/01/2015

Ariel · Married on 07/05/2014

Alisa and her husband were a complete pleasure to work with. I have to be honest, my fiancé and I were totally dreading the engagement photo session due to the normal cheesiness we have seen. BUT Alisa made us feel so comfortable, that we ended up having so much fun and the photos are outrageously gorgeous. Alisa is a photo ninja, you don't know she is there and then comes out the most amazing photo that truly captures emotions. As for the wedding, she was incredibly organized, extremely accommodating for our crazy families who didn't show up on time, and we absolutely LOVED working with her. I'd highly recommend taking a view of her blog, talking to her, and using her to capture your wedding day. The proof is in the photos!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Alisa did an amazing job from start to finish. She asked the right questions and executed flawlessly the day of. She was a pleasure to work with and her photographs blew my husband and I away! We could not have asked for a better partner to be by our sides on our most special day!

I would highly recommend Alisa for your wedding day!

Thank you for our AMAZING photos that we will surly cherish forever!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Laura · Married on 05/17/2014

Weddings by Alisa will not disappoint! I give my highest recommendation to Alisa and her team, she knows what she is doing with wedding photography.

I contacted Alisa from Weddings by Alisa with the most important request for my wedding, memorable photos and I was blown away with the results. Alisa is a hardworking passionate and energetic photographer who makes everyone feel special and pretty. My husband and I chose her to capture our memories because she was able to immediately on board with our plan. My husband knew I would be difficult to please in this area, as an avid photographer our wedding photographer was the most important vendor we chose. I was very specific about my requests and from the first meeting we felt confident Alisa would succeed.

Alisa was innovative and creative from the beginning. My husband and I were set to get married on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh, since I was West Virginia University graduate she volunteered to do our engagement pictures on campus at WVU. The results were amazing!
    We looked for a photographer who had experience with shooting at our venues and Alisa knew just what to do. Her organization and timeliness made the entire process a breeze, I easily let her take the reins and do her job well before our wedding day. She not only showed up an hour before I requested her to, she stayed until the last person left.

Alisa is dedicated to her craft and her passion shines through in her photography. She takes the time to get to know her clients and make each wedding as unique as her couples. I really can’t say enough good things about her both personally and professionally. If you choose to hire Alisa she will instantly become your friend and strive to make your special day be one for the books!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Ashley · Married on 04/05/2014

Alisa is amazing! Not only is she an artist with camera in hand, she also brings with her a fantastic sense of humor, and the ability to set everyone at ease with her presence! She draws the best out of her subjects, and has a special eye for that perfect photograph.

We decided only to hire a photographer and no videographer. It turned out that in choosing Alisa as our photographer, it was almost like having a videographer as well! We recently finished putting our wedding album together, and going through the photos felt like we were watching a movie of our big day. Alisa and her assistant, Tristan (also her awesome husband), have a special touch...they captured so many special moments, some that we remember, and some that I experienced for the first time when going through all of the photos after the wedding.

We love Alisa's work, and hope to continue to work with her for family portraiture in the future!

Thank you, Alisa!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Ellen · Married on 10/19/2013

Alisa was fantastic! Alisa was not only extremely professional and organized, but she was also extremely friendly. She met with us a week before the wedding to review our formal portrait pictures, etc. Alisa made everyone really comfortable and worked well with everyone. She was also really great at coming up with fantastic pictures when it rained and we were unable to take our photos outside. Finally, our pictures are unbelievable! Everyone has commented how amazing our pictures are! We would highly recommend Alisa!

Sent on 12/22/2013

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2013

From our first meeting with Alisa my husband and I knew she was right for us. Thank goodness we started planning our wedding 2 years in advance because she is in high demand! I fell in love with Alisa’s work while browsing through her wedding blog-go check it out, no doubt you will too! The week before the wedding Alisa met with me to discuss the last minute details and really got me excited for our big day, she was also always available via email. On our wedding day she was on time and felt like part of the wedding party. She is very active on social media so she was already familiar with my bridal party; that made for a very warm and comforting feeling rather than feeling like a stranger. Her second shooter, Tristan, spent the morning with my husband and his family to capture moments I would have otherwise never seen. Alisa played a very special role on my wedding day. Yes, she was my photographer, but she also got me to my ceremony on time. There was a mix-up with the bus company and long story short: she paid for the taxi that got THE ENTIRE bridal part (maids, flower girl, bride) to the wedding on time-no questions asked. As I enjoyed my wedding day Alisa and Tristan made sure that the very long list of “must have photos” were taken care of. They stayed at the reception the entire evening, our DJ quit playing music and our vendor was clearing the tables and Alisa and Tristan were still there with us making sure to capture every last detail. Alisa and Tristan were not intrusive and didn’t make me feel like I was on a photo shoot, they simply captured our wedding and every detail while I enjoyed the day with my husband, family and friends. Browse through her blog, there is no doubt that you will be happy with the investment.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Kira · Married on 08/17/2013

I can't think of enough good things to say about Alisa and Weddings by Alisa. The enthusiasm and care that she demonstrates to her clients is absolutely 100% top-knotch. I believe that picking a fantastic wedding photographer is the best investment you can make on your big day. Really, after it's all over what are you going to have? Your groom, your rings, and your photos. Our photos from our wedding came out amazing, but I can't say that I was surprised—her work really speaks for itself. Just go and check out her blog to see for yourself. The other thing that I think was really awesome about working with Alisa was that we got her for the WHOLE day. So, the ladies started getting ready at 11am, and the party didn't die down 'til 11pm. That's a 12-hour day!!! And she was her bubbly, enthusiastic self the whole time! Growing up, my dad was a photographer so my family and I are really picky about photography. Let me tell you: Alisa is the real-deal. She's got the eye for all of it: depth of space, lighting, color composition, etc. And she's a fun, awesome gal to hang around with all day. The best in the 'burgh!!!

Sent on 01/10/2014

meera · Married on 08/10/2013

We stumbled upon Alisa and Tristan by accident -- sort of....they photographed my brother's wedding about one year before ours. Though we found them incredibly personable and talented, we had never thought that two guys from Pittsburgh would ever be able to make it to CT...so we didn't really explore the idea any further.

As the previews from my brother's wedding started to come through our email, it became clear we had to find a way to work with them. Three words: best.decision.ever.

In addition to being brilliant and having a great eye, A&T were an absolute pleasure to work with. Alisa in particular is a powerhouse -- that woman knows what she's doing! She leveraged her relationship w my family to create some truly great memories. She and Tristan were so on top of things and really captured every possible moment. The photos are amazing -- we look at them every day! Thanks so much! We love you guys!!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Erica · Married on 07/20/2013

Alisa and Tristan were wonderful from beginning to end. They were responsive to all our questions and very easy to work with before, during, and after our wedding day. They were everything we wanted and more! They captured moments and we didn't even realize they were taking pictures! I would recommend them to any bride and groom looking for a photographer that not only produces gorgeous work, but a memorable experience. It wasn't like there were photographers, it was like friends hanging out! I think they have a wonderful brand in not only their images but approach and style.There was no detail that was missed for our day. We truly have timeless works of art and memories for the rest of our lives.
    LOVE THEM!!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Cara · Married on 06/08/2013

She was amazing to work with .. I never expected my pictures to look as beautiful as they did. I received so many compliments on them. And Alisa was so flexible and fun to work with I am so glad she was able to capture my special day!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2013

Alisa was awesome. She was so professional and prepared, that I knew that I had nothing to worry about. She is also a super fun person. My husband, bridal party, family, and guests felt super comfortable around her. She also had a great form that you fill out before the wedding where you can specify what pictures you want done, so that when you do your formal portrait pictures you get through them super fast and can get to your party. Lastly, the pictures turned out amazing. We couldn't have asked for anything better.

Sent on 09/07/2013

Angela · Married on 11/17/2012

Alisa is by far the best wedding photographer out there. She is incredibly professional and talented and is an absolute pleasure to work with. No bride should get married without Alisa as their photographer! Alisa also took our engagement photos several months ago and we are still receiving compliments on how fantastic they look. She perfectly captured our special day and I HIGHLY recommend her services!

Sent on 11/19/2012

Alisa and her husband are amazing people and photographers. It was wonderful to have them take both engagement and wedding photos for my brother and new (!) sister-in-law.

The couple is very professional and skilled in their craft. I have seen a few pictures already from the weekend and they have the ability to capture very raw and authentic moments with vibrancy and brilliance. More importantly, they were extremely kind and warm people to work with. Sometimes photography can feel intrusive especially in an intimate moment. Never once did it feel this way with them. They seamlessly integrated into the crowd!

Definite recommendations for htem.

Sent on 11/20/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/29/2012

Alisa and her husband Tristan are so great to work with. Both are so warm and friendly and know how to streamline everything to make the day of run so smoothly. I can't say enough on how easy they are to work with!

They made it so easy on our wedding day and made sure we got every shot we wanted while staying within specific time frames! They took over 900 pictures on our day, and each one more beautiful that the next.

Their pricing is comparable to other photographers in the Pittsburgh area, and by far the best value; from the package pricing to the quality of the photos and digital rights. The hard back case the picture cds come in is absolutely gorgeous, and all the images are high resolution!

You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/20/2012

Connie · Married on 09/02/2012

Alisa and her team were phenomenal. Prior to to the wedding she was responsive, accessible, organized - everything you would want a photographer to be. The qualilty of the pictures was incredible. It is clear that she puts a lot of time and effort into delivering a flawless product. I did not even remember that she and her team were there. She was that professional and non-invasive but yet the pictures make it clear that she got every angle, captured every feeling and memorialized all special moments. If I did this all over again my photographer would be the same. Thank you Alisa!! - C. Malek

Sent on 12/27/2012

David · Married on 07/07/2012

Alisa not only agreed to help us from the start of our day 8am but went out of her way to provide us transportation in her personal car around Pittsburgh for pictures all around the city. She also went with us after our reception to keep taking photos of my bride and I until around 8:30 that night. She took amazing photos, was helpful and fun and everything I wanted in a photographer. Her price is not only competitive with what is around Pittsburgh but a much higher value than other photographers I interviewed. We got some 900 pictures from our wedding and love it. She was organized with the formal pictures and efficient (as time was a factor for us). She and Triston pretty much rocked the day. You can trust them fully to make sure your wedding day is fully captured.

Sent on 09/28/2012

Samantha · Married on 05/19/2012

After viewing some of Alisa's work it was obvious she was talented, however after meeting with her I couldn't have felt more reassured that she was the perfect person to take photos at mine and my husbands wedding. She asked all the right questions and was clearly experienced. She also was so kind and sweet and was really great in keeping in contact with me throughout the months leading up to our wedding, allowing me to concentrate on some other areas needing my attention. She even offered to take our babies 6 month photos "just for fun"! On the day of our wedding I felt completely relaxed knowing she would take charge. When she walked in the door that day it was like she was another member of the family. Alisa also brought an assist to our wedding who we were also very fond of. I cannot say enough good things about Alisa, she is fabulous and I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of a photographer for any type of event.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Very fun and creative photographer. Excellent choice for our wedding as she has knowledge of great shoot locations in the city of Pittsburgh.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Alica is not only a great photographer, she offered me support and guidance during the wedding planning process and throughout our wedding day. It's obvious that she truly cares about her clients and goes out of her way to accomodate their needs. Alica and Tristan had a way of always being there to capture the important moments, yet never being in the way. She is professional and personable. Our wedding photos were unique and artsy and we got tons of compliments from family and friends.

Sent on 06/29/2012