Weddings by Alisa Reviews

44 | Pittsburgh, PA

44 Reviews for Weddings by Alisa

44 Weddings by Alisa Reviews

Carly · Married on 12/09/2017

If you are looking for a top of the line, out of this world, amazing photographer, then look no further! Alisa has been such an exceptional photographer and friend throughout the entire wedding planning process. Our engagement and wedding photo's have exceeded my expectation! She is fantastic to work with and will even get your camera shy fiance to come out of their shell! I promise you she will not disappoint, I highly recommend Alisa and her fabulous team to make your wedding day that much better!

Weddings by Alisa 1

Elizabeth · Married on 12/09/2017

As a wedding guest and bridesmaid at a couple weddings where Alisa was the photographer, I’ve been nothing but impressed! Alisa is professional and fun. She sets up the best shots and is extremely efficient. Quality of work is incomparable to others I’ve seen! You won’t be disappointed with Weddings by Alisa.

Meghan · Married on 12/02/2017

Alisa is a ROCKSTAR photographer. I cannot speak highly enough of her in every aspect. First of all, her skill set is unparalleled. When she picks up the camera, you can just tell she has the light, mood, framing, color, you name it already composed in her head. She will not miss a beat! You can trust that she's not only going to capture every moment of the day, but also every emotion. Her photos are stunning. Second, Alisa's personality...fun, goofy, kind, relaxed, and incredibly professional. She will make you smile all day long because she herself will be grinning. This girl loves her job. Alisa's like your mom, your coach, your funny best friend, and a cat wrangler all rolled into one. She put on my veil, stopped traffic in the middle of Sixth Ave for us, corralled family and wedding party all day, and made my husband and I feel so so special. All of the stars.

Jenna · Married on 10/14/2017

Weddings by Alisa captured our wedding day perfectly from getting ready, walking down the aisle, saying our vows, and dancing the night away. I had thought about getting a videographer while planning, but we decided not to, and we didn’t need one. Alisa and has an eye for detail that is unmatchable. When I look at her photos of our wedding day I feel the love and joy of the day. Alisa is fun, makes you feel comfortable, and goes the extra mile for her clients. She’s the BEST!!!

KRYSTAL · Married on 10/07/2017

Alisa is hands down, the best decision we made for our wedding planning.

Alisa is professional, likable, friendly, approachable, quirky, honest, TALENTED, and available. From the initial email inquiry, she was there to answer our questions and help plan our day.

Why did we chose Alisa (aside from her wonderful personality)? We were looking for a photographer with an editorial style that would go unnoticed, and most importantly capture the moments we didn't know we wanted to remember. Most photographers are great at staged portraits, but at the end of the day, we wanted to hire someone who would find the moments — and Alisa certainly did that for us.

We could not be happier.

Weddings by Alisa 2
    Weddings by Alisa 9
    Weddings by Alisa 10
    Weddings by Alisa 11

Katie · Married on 07/01/2017

ALISA. IS. AMAZING. During wedding planning my husband and I both picked one thing that we felt was most important to us on our big day. Mine was who our photographer would be. I love pictures and knew I needed to find the best photographer in Pittsburgh for our wedding day.

One night I decided to search online to look for photographers when I came across Weddings by Alisa. I immediately knew she HAD to be our photographer. We made an appointment to meet and we fell in love with her. Her work is timeless and beautiful. Not only did she photograph our wedding, but she also photographed TWO engagement sessions for us (one in the summer and one in the winter in the snow). Every photo she took was absolutely beautiful. Alisa arrives early in the morning to capture photos while you get ready and she is there until the reception ends at night. She doesn’t miss a single beat.

Our wedding passed in a blink of an eye and we are so lucky to be able to look back and reminisce on the best day ever.

Alisa is amazing and if you’re looking for the best photographer and great friend, she is your girl! (Side note: My sister in law used Alisa and four of my friends are also using her for their weddings). You will not be disappointed!! WE LOVE YOU ALISA!

Weddings by Alisa 12
    Weddings by Alisa 13
    Weddings by Alisa 14
    Weddings by Alisa 15
    Weddings by Alisa 16
    Weddings by Alisa 17

Sarah · Married on 05/13/2017

I loved working with Alisa. When I went through the process of meeting photographers for my wedding, Alisa was the first, and most professional photographer i met with. She got to know my husband and myself during our engagement shoot, which made us comfortable shooting with her on our wedding day. Alisa is very quick at responding to any questions and needs. We were very happy with our wedding photos and would recommend her to anyone. Plus, she is super fun, and relatable which eases any stresses on the day of the wedding!! She also was very tentative to our wedding timeline which kept things running smoothly.

Rachel · Married on 02/11/2017

I wish I could give more than 5 stars for all of the above! My husband Jordan and I were married in February, and Alyssa was unbelievable beyond words. From our very first meeting at Panera to months after the wedding, she was truly a pleasure to work with. Alyssa kept control over our bridal party of 26 (I know, I know) as well as my 90 lb dog in a tuxedo. She captured each important moment of our day and was both calming and delightful. I recommend her 100 times over. Thank you again, Alyssa!

Tayler · Married on 06/11/2016

Alisa and her team were exceptional to work with for our wedding (June 2016). Not only did they take amazing photographs to capture our day, but they brought positive energy, wisdom, patience, and heart. She skipped her meal at the wedding to edit some sneak peeks for the reception!! Just, WOW! Alisa and her team went beyond their duties as photographers too. They helped us stick to our timeline and they created a fun and comfortable environment for our wedding party to just be themselves while they captured the special moments of our day. Perhaps most importantly, Alisa and her team are not only excellent photographers but they are professional, trustworthy, and kind people. These personal qualities and the high standards she holds for her team make her the BEST choice for your wedding photographer.

MALLORY · Married on 05/28/2016

There are not enough words in the english language to express how much we loved Weddings by Alisa!!! From our very first email exchange she was attentive and caring. She responded to every email/text I sent her, within a timely manner, and made me feel like I was her only bride of 2016. She directed us during our engagement photos which made us even more comfortable working with her on our wedding day. She spoke with me at least 2 times the week of the wedding, to ease my nerves and assure me everything was going fine. On our actual wedding day she traveled to WV, spent the entire morning with me and my bridesmaids (her assistant with the groomsmen), she captured beautiful candid moments from the ceremony, and was completely hidden during the reception, while still producing beautiful shots from each dance, or quick loving moment. She pulled me aside to say bye, and I actually thought she already left because it was so late, and how much she blended in with the reception. After the wedding we kept in touch throughout her editing process, and our photos were done exactly when she said they would be completed. Its been 2 months since my wedding and I am still talking to Alisa because she is so kind, thoughtful and professional. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer, for anything.

Munya · Married on 12/19/2015

Meeting Alisa for the first time was like meeting my sister for coffee. We hit it off immediately. We talked about about music, theater and geeked out about photography equipment. My daughter approved of my choice of photographer within seconds of meeting Alisa. She answered every single question and calmed every single concern. Trust me, as a photographer myself, I had many of each. I was extremely particular in my choice, but never doubting it. Not even once!
    My qualifications were:
    1. Experienced with a creative portfolio
    2. Positive attitude - Someone with whom we could form a connection
    3. Confident in their craft
    4. Passionate about their work
    5. Patient
    Most of the photographers that I interviewed met some or even most of these qualifications. But not Alisa. She met them all! Her attention to detail is quite impressive. I love the close up of my daughter's rings. After watching me struggle to button the many buttons of my daughter's gown, she whipped out her secret tool and said "I got this"! During the ceremony, Alisa was like a stealth fighter jet. Completely non-intrusive yet capturing every moment of my baby girl's dream winter wedding. Alisa's patience was beyond compare while dealing with children during group photos after the ceremony. She even suggested a few groupings that we forgot to include. Thank you!
    At the reception, Alisa was much more than a photographer. She was asking me, if she could get me something to drink! After watching my son struggle to pour shots, Alisa stepped up and poured them like a pro. It was like watching Tom Cruise in a scene from the movie "Cocktail". I even saw her on her hands and knees, shooting eye level to guys doing push ups on the dance floor. At the end of the day, after shooting for twelve hours, and after shooting most times double armed with cameras and gear, Alisa went above and beyond photographer status. Thank you for your time and talent, but mostly for your friendship!

J · Married on 11/07/2015

Your photos will last a lifetime so you want the best. Alisa captures the beauty of the wedding, not just the same old poses you see. She is incredible to work with and makes the entire process easy. So glad we used her for my daughters wedding!

Jana · Married on 10/03/2015

Alisa is extremely talented and professional! What makes her even better is that she is a wonderful person and very easy to work with! Alisa took absolutely beautiful photos at our wedding! She took every single photo that I asked her to, plus she had some wonderful ideas of her own! She also remained calm when I was running late getting ready for the ceremony, which helped me remain calm! I would recommend her to any bride getting married in or near Pittsburgh! She is fantastic!

• Bekah

Bekah · Married on 08/22/2015

Alisa is an awesome photographer. She edits her own pictures and does an amazing job. She did our engagement pictures but wasn't available for our wedding. We highly recommend weddingsbyalisa!

Jodi · Married on 07/04/2015

Alisa shot our wedding on July 4 and the photos she captured exceeded our expectations! She is both incredibly personable and professional. I have seen so many wedding pictures by many photographers and I feel that Alisa's pictures are in their own league. We had a limited amount of time to get all of our pictures done, and Alisa managed to get all of the pictures we wanted while keeping us all calm at the same time! I highly recommend Alisa. The pictures she captured are beautiful, creative, and classic. We couldn't have been happier. Of all of the decisions we made for our wedding, choosing Alisa as our photographer was our best one!

Working with Alisa was a fantastic experience. Like many couples who may have been taken aback by the cost of throwing a wedding, we had to prioritize where our money went, and we made the best decision by bringing Alisa on board. In fact, her online gallery helped us decide on our venue. We knew we were working with someone that evokes the emotion of the day with a naturalness (and, when it fits, a goofiness) that totally fit our vibe. She instantly bonded with us, with our family (and our dog) and the delight of our wedding is memorialized in the photos!

Like others, we were at first pouty about the mandatory engagement shoot. But as two people who are professional photobombers, not super keen on posing for shoots, it was actually incredibly useful in priming us for Alisa's direction on the big day and helping us get those shots that we always admired in others' albums but never actually had the patience to pose for. She made it not only possible, but effortless.
    A+++

Alyia · Married on 02/20/2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Alisa for our wedding this past February. I contacted Alisa after seeing some of her work on a friend’s Facebook page. As soon as we met Alisa, we knew she was the perfect photographer for us. She is extremely talented and we knew that by choosing her we would have the highest quality photos. However, we didn’t just choose her because of her pictures. During our meeting, Alisa was very inquisitive and made us feel as though she genuinely wanted to get to know us and find a way to tell our story through her photography. Additionally, she answered all of our questions and even gave us advice on questions that we should consider asking other vendors, which was extremely helpful since we were planning our entire wedding.

On the actual wedding day, I felt like I was hanging out with a friend rather than a vendor. She laughed with us, danced with us, and helped us get ready. She even helped fix one of my bridesmaids dresses that was too big. Most importantly she keep everyone on schedule and knew exactly what to say when I felt stressed.

We could not have picked a better photographer to work with. She made our experience unforgettable! Flipping through our photos is almost like watching a video of our wedding. Alisa was able to capture every special moment from the minute we started getting ready until the last song. Like most couples, we had a vision for our wedding photos; however, her photos embody our vision and so much more. She delivered on everything she promised and gave us more that we ever expected. I would highly recommend Alisa!

Jenny · Married on 08/23/2014

I wanted to write this review for all of the newly engaged couples out there who are looking for a photographer. I hired Weddings by Alisa for my wedding in August 2014 and I am really happy I did. If you take a look at her portfolio the quality of her work speaks for itself. I liked her photography style and experience, both of which were enough to seal the deal for me. But I think it is important to know that Alisa has a great personality for a wedding. She is really upbeat and energetic, which is wonderful when you and your friends are taking pictures when you would rather be celebrating. It would be an understatement to say that my husband feels uncomfortable when posing for pictures, and Alisa did a great job of coaching him through the engagement session and the wedding photographs.

Particularly if you want pics of the bridal party getting ready, you and the bridal party spend a lot of time with your photographer. In addition to her photography skills, I think Alisa has a talent for walking the fine line between being as friendly as possible, while also being professional and non-intrusive as a photographer. My bridal party really liked Alisa, which just added to the fun of the day. Also, the wedding pictures were ready in about a month both online and via a USB flash drive. The USB flash drive was delivered in a very pretty box with pictures from the wedding day included and is a great keepsake. Alissa also sent out picture ornaments to all of her 2014 couples for the holiday season, which I thought was really sweet and thoughtful. I would highly recommend Weddings by Alisa to any couple that is planning their wedding day!

Ariel · Married on 07/05/2014

Alisa and her husband were a complete pleasure to work with. I have to be honest, my fiancé and I were totally dreading the engagement photo session due to the normal cheesiness we have seen. BUT Alisa made us feel so comfortable, that we ended up having so much fun and the photos are outrageously gorgeous. Alisa is a photo ninja, you don't know she is there and then comes out the most amazing photo that truly captures emotions. As for the wedding, she was incredibly organized, extremely accommodating for our crazy families who didn't show up on time, and we absolutely LOVED working with her. I'd highly recommend taking a view of her blog, talking to her, and using her to capture your wedding day. The proof is in the photos!

Alisa did an amazing job from start to finish. She asked the right questions and executed flawlessly the day of. She was a pleasure to work with and her photographs blew my husband and I away! We could not have asked for a better partner to be by our sides on our most special day!

I would highly recommend Alisa for your wedding day!

Thank you for our AMAZING photos that we will surly cherish forever!

Laura · Married on 05/17/2014

Weddings by Alisa will not disappoint! I give my highest recommendation to Alisa and her team, she knows what she is doing with wedding photography.

I contacted Alisa from Weddings by Alisa with the most important request for my wedding, memorable photos and I was blown away with the results. Alisa is a hardworking passionate and energetic photographer who makes everyone feel special and pretty. My husband and I chose her to capture our memories because she was able to immediately on board with our plan. My husband knew I would be difficult to please in this area, as an avid photographer our wedding photographer was the most important vendor we chose. I was very specific about my requests and from the first meeting we felt confident Alisa would succeed.

Alisa was innovative and creative from the beginning. My husband and I were set to get married on the campus of the University of Pittsburgh, since I was West Virginia University graduate she volunteered to do our engagement pictures on campus at WVU. The results were amazing!
    We looked for a photographer who had experience with shooting at our venues and Alisa knew just what to do. Her organization and timeliness made the entire process a breeze, I easily let her take the reins and do her job well before our wedding day. She not only showed up an hour before I requested her to, she stayed until the last person left.

Alisa is dedicated to her craft and her passion shines through in her photography. She takes the time to get to know her clients and make each wedding as unique as her couples. I really can’t say enough good things about her both personally and professionally. If you choose to hire Alisa she will instantly become your friend and strive to make your special day be one for the books!

Ashley · Married on 04/05/2014

Alisa is amazing! Not only is she an artist with camera in hand, she also brings with her a fantastic sense of humor, and the ability to set everyone at ease with her presence! She draws the best out of her subjects, and has a special eye for that perfect photograph.

We decided only to hire a photographer and no videographer. It turned out that in choosing Alisa as our photographer, it was almost like having a videographer as well! We recently finished putting our wedding album together, and going through the photos felt like we were watching a movie of our big day. Alisa and her assistant, Tristan (also her awesome husband), have a special touch...they captured so many special moments, some that we remember, and some that I experienced for the first time when going through all of the photos after the wedding.

We love Alisa's work, and hope to continue to work with her for family portraiture in the future!

Thank you, Alisa!

Ellen · Married on 10/19/2013

Alisa was fantastic! Alisa was not only extremely professional and organized, but she was also extremely friendly. She met with us a week before the wedding to review our formal portrait pictures, etc. Alisa made everyone really comfortable and worked well with everyone. She was also really great at coming up with fantastic pictures when it rained and we were unable to take our photos outside. Finally, our pictures are unbelievable! Everyone has commented how amazing our pictures are! We would highly recommend Alisa!

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2013

From our first meeting with Alisa my husband and I knew she was right for us. Thank goodness we started planning our wedding 2 years in advance because she is in high demand! I fell in love with Alisa’s work while browsing through her wedding blog-go check it out, no doubt you will too! The week before the wedding Alisa met with me to discuss the last minute details and really got me excited for our big day, she was also always available via email. On our wedding day she was on time and felt like part of the wedding party. She is very active on social media so she was already familiar with my bridal party; that made for a very warm and comforting feeling rather than feeling like a stranger. Her second shooter, Tristan, spent the morning with my husband and his family to capture moments I would have otherwise never seen. Alisa played a very special role on my wedding day. Yes, she was my photographer, but she also got me to my ceremony on time. There was a mix-up with the bus company and long story short: she paid for the taxi that got THE ENTIRE bridal part (maids, flower girl, bride) to the wedding on time-no questions asked. As I enjoyed my wedding day Alisa and Tristan made sure that the very long list of “must have photos” were taken care of. They stayed at the reception the entire evening, our DJ quit playing music and our vendor was clearing the tables and Alisa and Tristan were still there with us making sure to capture every last detail. Alisa and Tristan were not intrusive and didn’t make me feel like I was on a photo shoot, they simply captured our wedding and every detail while I enjoyed the day with my husband, family and friends. Browse through her blog, there is no doubt that you will be happy with the investment.

Kira · Married on 08/17/2013

I can't think of enough good things to say about Alisa and Weddings by Alisa. The enthusiasm and care that she demonstrates to her clients is absolutely 100% top-knotch. I believe that picking a fantastic wedding photographer is the best investment you can make on your big day. Really, after it's all over what are you going to have? Your groom, your rings, and your photos. Our photos from our wedding came out amazing, but I can't say that I was surprised—her work really speaks for itself. Just go and check out her blog to see for yourself. The other thing that I think was really awesome about working with Alisa was that we got her for the WHOLE day. So, the ladies started getting ready at 11am, and the party didn't die down 'til 11pm. That's a 12-hour day!!! And she was her bubbly, enthusiastic self the whole time! Growing up, my dad was a photographer so my family and I are really picky about photography. Let me tell you: Alisa is the real-deal. She's got the eye for all of it: depth of space, lighting, color composition, etc. And she's a fun, awesome gal to hang around with all day. The best in the 'burgh!!!