37 Reviews for Weddings at Asbury

Clean Up (1)
Event Planning (1)
Lighting/Sound (1)
37 Weddings at Asbury Reviews

Estes is such a beautiful place to have a wedding. The reception area is nearby and has plenty of stuff to use for centerpieces at no charge. Christine and Susan were excellent helping with the planning and day of the wedding.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I could not have asked for a better experience. Christine and Keturah and all of the staff were AMAZING! Estes Chapel was beautiful as was the bridal suite and the hotel. The dining hall for the reception was perfect as well. All of my guests are still talking about how good the food was. All of the staff went out of their way to ensure that our day was perfect. And our photographer was in love with the lighting. We would recommend this location to anyone. PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT!

Profile Picture Alison, 7/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound

Aside from simply being a beautiful venue, our wedding director was fantastic. She was prepared, professional, and willing to work with us. We are very grateful we chose this venue for our ceremony and rehearsal dinner.

Profile Picture Angela, 2/14/15, 4 Reviews
4.2

The provision of a wedding coordinator was absolutely wonderful. Susan did an amazing job and I was completely stress free during the rehearsal and the ceremony. The cost of just the chapel is pretty high for the small amount of time that it is actually used, but overall a wonderful experience

Profile Picture User4642526, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so please with Christine. They were so helpful and I appreciate everything. Everyone loved our reception and the breakfast food was great! Thank you for such a great experience.

Profile Picture Jonathan , 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding ceremony at Estes Chapel and our reception in the student center on Asbury's campus. I cannot say enough how wonderful it was to work with the staff at Asbury. They were always very kind, helpful, and encouraging during our wedding planning process. They made themselves available to answer questions, meet with us to give us tours and send us photos and suggestions from past weddings when we asked for advice. On the day of our wedding our assigned wedding director was a gem. She was there to answer every question, to make sure people and things were in there right places and to speak calming and encouraging words. The reception space was set up beautifully and the kitchen and serving staff did a wonderful job. I have no regrets about choosing Asbury for our wedding!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/18/14, 1 Review
3.9

Phenomenal place to get married. My personal opinion is that a wedding should be a sacred, religious bond between two people and the Lord. Asbury made sure that Christ was always the center focus throughout the entire experience!

Profile Picture User3395335, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was thought out thoroughly with wisdom. The day layout is put together by the wedding director provided by Asbury, it took off such a load. Every meeting was professional and down to the point. Tips and advice were wisely provided, it allowed us to enjoy every bit of the day. Couldn't say enough good things about this place, my only question is how they do it for such a reasonable price.

Profile Picture Victor, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Everyone was so eager to make my day perfect. I loved that they also offered suggestions and tips. They really wanted to help. And everyone was so kind!

Profile Picture Cari, 7/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
3.9

It was the cheapest place we found that can deal with big groups in Lexington! The event staff were amazing and very well coordinated. We did a breakfast buffet and it was the hit of the wedding. Only down side what some of the provided supplies were old and we had a few miscommunications during the planning process, but nothing major.

Profile Picture User4251239, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies
3.8

The price is a bit steep for the venue, and there are few other options for building rentals.

Profile Picture User4353226, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Weddings at Asbury blessed my husband and I so much with their friendliness, helpfulness, and guidance through the whole wedding planning process. Christine Endicott was there for us from the day we chose to have our wedding at Estes Chapel. She answered questions related to the facilities and also about wedding planning in general. Everyone we worked with from our amazing coordinator, to the catering staff was there to make our day easy and just what we wanted! Our wedding coordinator went above and beyond to make our wedding run smoothly from start to finish! If you are looking for a gorgeous, affordable venue with supportive staff, go with Weddings at Asbury and you will find that and more!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/21/14, 1 Review
3.8

Beautiful chapel, campus makes for great pictures. Difficult parking if expecting lots of people

Profile Picture User3659773, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.3

We had our ceremony at Estes Chapel, which is a beautiful venue for a traditional wedding. Perfect for couples who want to keep it simple yet elegant. We were incredibly pleased with the service offered by our wedding-day coordinator, Keturah! She was well organized and knew exactly what needed to be done without even asking.

The only issues we found had to do with the time blocks offered and the bridal suite. In terms of the time blocks, couples who choose this venue are offered either the afternoon block or the evening block. We had to pay an extra $100 to come in an hour earlier, because we needed more time to take pictures before our 5:30 wedding. This would not have been possible if another couple had blocked the afternoon slot. In a nutshell, we just found that the times offered were not good for couples who want to get married in the early evening. You will end up feeling rushed and, if the time is available, will have to pay extra for it, even though you will be vacating the venue hours before your allotted time ends.

In terms of the bridal suite, many of the outlets weren't working on the day I got married, there is no bathroom in or near the suite and the curtain did not shut all the way. None of these bothered me too much, since I did my hair and makeup at the salon beforehand, but I know they would other women.

The good far outweighed the bad, though. I definitely recommend Weddings at Asbury for your ceremony venue!

Profile Picture User3629098, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The folks at Asbury were wonderful to work with in planning and coordinating our wedding ceremony and reception. We have heard a number of comments from our guests about how beautiful the chapel was, how much they enjoyed the food and how great the meal service was at the reception. Several members of our bridal party also mentioned how attentive the wedding coordinator was to every detail on the day of the event. Christine, Morgan and Doug were easy to work with and made sure everything went smoothly from start to finish. I am very glad we chose Asbury for our wedding.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Estes was a beautiful place to hold the wedding, and the Steve Pike dining room was a perfect venue for the reception. The service was wonderful; everyone who helped with the wedding was attentive and thoughtful. On the day of my wedding, I felt worry-free. I knew everything was taken care of.

Profile Picture User3381619, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.3

Our wedding coordinator we were provided with, Morgan, was awesome. So helpful.

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/22/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Wedding Planning

Asbury was so sweet in working to provide what we needed and helped to make our wedding day so special. Each time we met, all of our questions were answered and the coordinator we had was so quick to do whatever we needed, keeping each aspect on time and moving. Estes Chapel is absolutely beautiful and a "simple" wedding like ours looked so much more opulent. Thanks, Asbury!

Profile Picture User3366550, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wedding coordinator was awesome. The church looked exactly the way I expected. The sound guy was perfect. The only thing I would suggest is better air conditioning in the chapel. But I couldn't be happier with our decision to get married at Estes Chapel.

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner and ceremony at Asbury/Estes Chapel and can't say enough positive things about our wedding experience there. Not only is the church absolutely beautiful to begin with (which made it very easy to decorate), our wedding coordinator, Keturah was amazing and made our day so stress-free as well (even when stressful situations arose). From the very beginning Christine Endicott kept in contact with us throughout our entire wedding process, answering any and all questions we had and when it came to our wedding weekend, everything that needed to be handled on their part, was (although our sound tech never showed up, BUT all was figured out and show went on). The food was great, the set-up was great, and the staff were very professional and kind! The only thing we'd suggest is cooling down the church a little more and allowing brides to be able to set-up/decorate earlier (especially brides who are getting married earlier in the day). Other then that, we'd recommend Estes to any bride and groom :)

Profile Picture Emma, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My experience with Asbury was wonderful. The church was gorgeous, everything was ready as promised, and the wedding coordinator at the church, Morgan, was a pleasure to work with. Everything ran smoothly and I have had many guests compliment me on the gorgeous venue and ceremony.

Profile Picture Allison, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely loved our wedding in Estes Chapel! The chapel was so beautiful that we needed very few decorations, the audio CD was an added bonus, and our wedding coordinator Keturah was fantastic! We seriously could not have done it without her. She made my wedding day virtually stress-free and the most perfect day of my life.

Profile Picture Callie, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow - where to begin! Our January wedding and reception at Asbury was beyond anything we could have ever hoped or dreamed! We owe a lot of the success of our day to Asbury's phenomenal staff! They were easy to work with throughout the entire planning process but they were especially helpful the day before and the day-of our wedding. First off, the wedding coordinator took care of decorating the entire reception hall, modeling it after one table we set up as a prototype. Everything looked spectacular after she worked her magic! Second, our wedding day went off without a hitch thanks to our day-of wedding director. She was truly a life savor - she took a lot of stress off of me as the bride! Lastly, our reception food was delicious - and surprisingly inexpensive compared to other vendors! Our guests had lots of compliments on the food. All and all - we would definitely recommend Weddings at Asbury. Great price. Great service. Great people.

Profile Picture Danielle, 1/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was a huge success. Everyone at Asbury was very professional and they had great ideas and suggestions. They even thought to ask questions that we had never even thought about. It made our day run so smoothly. Estes chapel is such a beautiful historic chapel and all of my guests loved the church. Our wedding coordinator that was given to us through Estes was amazing. She was so helpful and stayed in touch with me the last month before our wedding. I was able to get in touch with the ones I needed to speak with right away and had questions answered very quickly. Estes was very affordable and had several things that we were able to use for our ceremony. My husband and I originally wanted an outdoor wedding but we couldn't of been more happier with our choice at Estes. The grounds were still very green even after our drought this summer. For my bridesmaids and family we were treated with the upmost respect and had all the admenities to keep a hungry group eating throughout the day. The bridal suite was large and spacious for all of our "stuff" we were able to sit on couches and relax to take in the moments that meant so much to us. Thanks to everyone at Asbury for your commitment and everything you provided us on such a special occasion. It has truly was everything I imagined and more.
Sincerely
Jessica and Thomas

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I only had my ceremony at Asbury, but it was a wonderful location with very helpful, kind people to help!

Profile Picture User2602913, 2+ years ago, 1 Review