78 Reviews for Wedding Tresses

Hair (4)
Consultations (3)
Makeup (3)

First I will like to apologize about my English.
Almost a month before my wedding I met Jacki and for the first moment I felt her warm heart and her kindness! We had 2 trails because I change my mind how I want my hair 2 weeks before my wedding. I never felt uncomfortable with her and always was explaining everything and for everything was right!
At the wedding day, she was on time and with a big warm smile.
I promised her cream for her coffee but I totally forgot it ( I am so sorry Jacki)
She done hair my bridesmaids, maid of honor, my mom and me ( here I like to tell that my bridesmaids,maid of honor and my mother didn't have a trail before because they live in Greece and except my maid of honor the rest of them they don't speak English)
All of them they came with photos with how they like them hair done, OMG!!! Jacki did exactly what they asked and all was super happy.
About my hair now, I never felt so beautiful and I loved everything she had done the most craziest thing she maid and I was ready to cry it was that she staid with me until the moment that went inside the limousine. She was there for ME and this was the most amazing thing! I love you Jacki and I want to tell you that everybody at the wedding was talking about your job! Thank you is not enough for all that you did for us!
I recommend her with all my heart and I wish all the future brides a beautiful wedding with no stress and a lot of Love, flowers and music!
Thank you one more time Jacki because you make me feel so loved and beautiful and the most important that you was honest with me!

Profile Picture Afroditi, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Hair

I'm really impressed with the quality of service from wedding tresses! We had 16 services at my wedding yesterday and Jacki did a fantastic job with everyone's hair. She brought a talented make up artist who made sure everyone got what they wanted and were comfortable by the time they got out of the chair. My hair and makeup stayed looking great all night! Thank you!! This a great vendor with great quality and value.

Profile Picture Michaela, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Hair

I hired Wedding Tresses to do makeup for my May wedding for myself, my bridesmaids, my mom, and mother-in-law. From the initial contact to the trial to the day of, everything was wonderful. At my makeup trial, Sam (who is AMAZING) was thoughtful and thorough, and on the day of the wedding, made sure I was happy with everything as we went along. I wanted a bolder, vintage look for the wedding, and she delivered! She is very responsive if there is something you want adjusted or changed. My bridesmaids were also all very happy with their experience and makeup as well. For one of my bridesmaids, Sam ended up starting her eye makeup over because she herself felt it wasn’t quite right—that’s how much of a perfectionist she is, which is exactly what you want for your big day! I will also mention how Wedding Tresses came through for me in a pinch—a couple weeks before the wedding, a couple bridesmaids and my mother-in-law who had decided not to get their hair done changed their mind, which would have been too many people for my current hairdresser. Jacki was able to send one of her team members at the last minute to do hair, which meant a much more relaxed and less stressful day for all. And she did a great job as well. Overall, I felt the price was just right, they are talented and responsive, and would definitely recommend their services.

Profile Picture Carsten, 5/27/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup, Hair

Jacki did an amazing job with my wedding hair and makeup. I was so pleased with my hair/makeup trial, and she certainly delivered on the big day! I love Jacki's honesty and flexibility when I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted. The hair and makeup stayed throughout the whole day, and she was able to travel to me, a big lifesaver with so much going on! I would definitely recommend Jacki for all hair and makeup needs.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/27/17, 4 Reviews
4.7

My fiancée and I were planning the wedding from out of state, and were fairly belated in looking for hair and makeup (I think it was about 8 weeks out that we booked). However, Jacki was fantastic from start to finish, and very accommodating. I had a trial run, though my fiancée wasn't able to make it, so we had to kind of wing it on the day of the wedding for her look. My fiancée is not a girly-girl and didn't really have any thoughts on what she wanted--just what she didn't want. Jackie understood, and created an amazing look that went perfectly with my fiancée's personality and our wedding theme/costume (it was a Halloween wedding). For my look, Jacki absolutely killed it--exactly what I wanted.

Jacki's assistant (Sam) did the makeup for our attendants and mothers, while Jacki did the hair, and they both did a great job. Sam kept double-checking with me to make sure the looks were what I/my fiancée envisioned, which I appreciated--but it wasn't necessary. All the ladies looked absolutely lovely.

The only communication problems I had were my own doing (texting the salon's number rather than her cell), and Jacki was otherwise responsive and easy to work with.

Profile Picture Anne, 10/31/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Makeup, Hair
1.0

Avoid this service at ALL COSTS ... a complete scam.
If you are considering hiring Jacki Norrie to be your hair and make-up artist for your big day, please take the time to read this review in order to avoid a huge and costly mistake.
When I first met Jacki, it was for my trial run in February, several months before my wedding. She was not exactly punctual, but she was congenial and proved to be talented at hair and make-up. She created a gorgeous look for me as well as my mother for my wedding day, and I felt confident that things would go as planned for the big day. Boy, was I ever wrong.
On the morning of my wedding, Jacki texted me with some confusion regarding the hotel room I was to be getting ready in. After a brief correspondence with her and all details straightened away, I arrived at the hotel room at 9AM only to discover two women I had never met before in my life standing in for Jacki. This was a complete surprise, as she had failed to mention in her texts only moments ago that she wasn't coming. The new hair and make-up artists claimed she wasn't coming due to circumstances beyond her control. To say that I was upset is an understatement. During the trial run (which by the way, is an entirely separate cost apart from the service and must be paid in cash ... in other words, a complete hoax), Jacki wrote down all the products and colors she had used for my make-up and had taken 360º views on her iPhone in order to replicate the look for my big day. None of this information was passed on to the other stylists. I texted Jacki again and asked her to send me the pictures she had taken of my updo. NO response. Because of all this, it took much longer to get ready and achieve the look I wanted. The new stylist didn't even have the same eye shadows I was anticipating to be used, and the only saving grace was that I had a few photos of my updo on my phone that we used as a guide to create a similar look. Please read full review on yelp.com

Profile Picture rachel, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
3.6

I want to start by saying that I loved my hair and make up on my wedding day. I also loved the hair and make up of my 5 bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother in law. Jacki is very talented and knows how to bring out the best in the way you look.

That said, working with Jacki created a lot of stress during the planning process. At times it took me several weeks to hear back from her. The week before the wedding I had a very difficult time getting in touch with her and it caused me a lot of stress. We almost had to hire someone else the week of the wedding.....

After finally getting a hold of her we had a clearing of the air and it was fine. She actually said that this experience is leading her to hire additional people to help her run the business so no bride has this experience going forward I hope that she does because she has great talent and I would hate for her to lose business.

Profile Picture User4534069, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jacki did an amazing job not only for the bride and bridesmaids but also on my hair. I have never had so many compliments. I had pictures from my other daughter's wedding of a style that I liked but she significantly improved the previous look. She had several trials with the bride to get just the right look after fiancé decided he did not like her completely up. She came up with a beautiful, elegant look that was perfect! Many of our guests commented on how perfect each person's was.

Profile Picture User4436467, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
0.0

I truly regret hiring Wedding Tresses. They were the sole source of stress on my otherwise unstressful wedding day. The biggest problem was the makeup artist, who was extremely rude, unprofessional, rushed, and unskilled. Most of my bridesmaids ended up removing the makeup she put on, as did I.

I have been trying for over a month now (unsuccessfully) to get a response from Jacki, the owner of Wedding Tresses, about how terrible of an experience this was. She has been completely unresponsive.

Highlights of the evening:
1) Without warning, the makeup artist was NOT the one who did my trial, nor did she have the notes from the trial (for which I paid a lot of money!).
2) The makeup artist had a serious attitude and immediately upon arrival started bossing people around.
3) She made nasty comments towards my bridesmaids, mother, and grandmother.
4) She did a bad job on almost everyone's makeup, and they had to redo it themselves.
5) I, the bride, was given exactly 15 minutes of her time (I was supposed to have an hour), and when I wasn't happy with the results, she said in a clearly upset voice, "Are you telling me I have to start all over again?!"
6) She left without notifying us or giving us a chance to get touchups and was overheard saying to the hair artist "I'm going to leave before anyone asks me to do anything else".

Looking at the other reviews posted here, it's clear that sometimes Wedding Tresses has done a good job, and sometimes they have not. The last thing you want on your wedding day is a wild card... look somewhere else for hair and makeup.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/21/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was married this past January 2014 at the Hawthorne Hotel and I chose Jackie Nori of wedding tresses for my hairstylist (as well as stylist for my bridal party). I couldn't have been happier with how she transformed my hair for my big day. A month or so before the wedding, she met me at my home for a trial because she knew I was under a time crunch and was stressed about how to wear my hair. I can be very picky about my hair (especially when it comes to how to wear it for my wedding day!) and she talked me through the process of determining the best style for my dress and event.
On the big day she was right on time and did everything to set my mind at ease. My bridesmaids could not have been happier with their hair, and my mother (who is a self proclaimed tomboy) looked more beautiful than ever, I've never seen her smile as much as she did that day.
I decided last minute to completely change the style that Jacki and I planned for, for a completely different updo. She was not only accommodating, she delivered on transforming my look into exactly what I desired ( but couldn't completely verbalize). I could not have been happier and I feel confident in recommending her services to anyone! She is truly a miracle worker with hair and you will not be happier! Thanks Jacki!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 1/4/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

From beginning to end, Wedding Tresses was a delight to work with. They were thorough and their communication was very professional. The day of my wedding, my hair was perfect! I have very curly hair and when I walked down the aisle, besides my dress...my hair was the focal point. Kristen did a beautiful job with setting my hair and pulling into a side sweep and applying my flower hair piece. My hair lasted the entire night and I felt beautiful! My Bridal Party and Mom's looked beautiful! Kristen was on time and did 8 people's hair. She finished ahead of schedule and we never felt rushed. At any point in my journey, Autumn was there to answer my questions and reassure me that my day would be beautiful. I would highly recommend Wedding Tresses to any bride to be!

Profile Picture Jamie, 12/7/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't even begin to express how terrific it was to work with Jackie and Wedding Tresses for my daughter's wedding. She was such a wonderful presence the day of the wedding. She is the person you want around as you excitedly get ready. She contributed a wonderful calm to the getting ready scene. We were able to joke around with her but she knew how not to be too intrusive. She handled her presence with the perfect touch. And the makeup and the hair - fabulous! She kept everything so natural looking. I was worried about looking too fake. She said to my daughter, " I don't often suggest brides where their long hair down but I think you should." She was absolutely right. Our guests commented on how natural and beautiful we all looked. The pictures taken of me were the best ones I've ever had! And the pictures of the bride... unbeatable! You would be lucky to work with Jackie and her crew.

Profile Picture User3768945, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
4.2

Kristen did a lovely job with my and my bridesmaids' hair styles at our wedding and Autumn was very helpful in nailing down the "day of" schedule in the weeks running up to the event. I was also thankful to Jacki for giving me a free trial after a scheduling mix-up on the first try. It was a bit difficult corresponding with Wedding Tresses farther in advance of the wedding, as they are understandably occupied with clients whose events come first on the calendar, and it can be a challenge to schedule trials at the Boston location, but I think they tried their best to accommodate me and make it work. There were also extra fees for travel/gas/parking and gratuity was assumed in the contract, but I expect those costs are consistent with vendors that provide similar services in the Boston area and probably are meant to provide for individual stylists.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 10/26/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

What can I say- Jacki and Sam made me look and feel beautiful!!! It took 2 people and I felt amazing. They were fun and energetic and got me right int the celebration mindset- and I loved my fancy ponytail!!! Thanks you, I would use you over and over again-

Profile Picture Mara, 10/19/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Christine did my hair and makeup for my wedding and I could not have been happier. She was AMAZING. My hair and makeup stayed all night and looked amazing in pictures. She is extremely talented and I cannot recommend her more.
The stylists came to our hotel which made the wedding day as stress-free as possible. Wedding tresses is more expensive than I had expected, but I was SOOO happy with how everything turned out. Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture User3301889, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
3.4

It took an extremely long period of time and multiple emails and phone calls for us to finally get a contract from this vendor despite having already paid the security deposit for our wedding date. We also felt that it was challenging working with them in determining our schedule of appointments for the wedding day. Aside from the stress in planning, what may be more important in consideration is that they did an excellent job on everyone's hair and make up for the wedding. I am recommending them because, ultimately, the service they provided of wedding day hair and make up met our expectations.

Profile Picture User2750468, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
2.5

Autumn did an amazing job on my 5 bridesmaid's hair! I had many problems with the business logistics of Wedding Tresses. Overall, I would not recommend this company based on the unnecessary headaches that came from inexperienced staff.

Profile Picture kristin, 9/7/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jacki is great! She came to my hotel room where I was getting ready and provided 3 of us with hair and make-up. Everything she did was perfect, I loved my hair and make-up, she worked really hard to make sure it was exactly what I wanted and I still looked 'natural' as that was important to me.

Profile Picture User3431491, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Selecting a Hair and Makeup Artist for your Big Day should not be taken lightly. There is definitely a huge amount of trust that is involved and to owner Jacki and her Wedding Tresses team, I give my utmost respect and gratitude.

Jacki is not only a talented artist (THE BEST), but she is truly a beautiful and amazing person and someone I am so lucky to have met / worked with. She is full of positive energy and sunshine and definitely the calming force to a stressful, but exciting day!! ANY BRIDE would be so fortunate to have Jacki and her team (Thanks Shayna) for their big day. Thanks for making me and my girls feel like a million bucks (who needs the Powerball!?!)

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/22/13, 3 Reviews
4.3

The end result was beautiful, but it was not the most organized process. My sister, mom and I all loved the way our hair and makeup looked for the wedding - Christine did a great job.

But throughout the process leading up to the wedding, the email communications were disorganized, which made me worried that the day-of would be disorganized too. They emailed me asking if I wanted to reserve my date, but I had already reserved and paid my deposit several months earlier. They didn't email me any confirmation or prep info (as promised) before my trial run, and then later emailed me asking if I wanted to schedule my trial run, long after I had already had my trial run. I spoke with the owner about my concerns and she assured me that they had hired a new office assistant to get more organized, and then offered to let me have another trial run for no cost to ease my worries.

As I said, I was extremely happy with the end result (and I'm super picky with my hair and makeup), and would recommend them. I just hope they're getting more organized, which it seems like they are.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/22/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Beautiful hair and makeup which stood up to rain and mist. The pictures show a completely natural look, done by Holly and Christine. They both came on time and did not stop until everyone looked perfect, all seven, including one gorgeous bride and six bridesmaids. I would give them ten stars if I could! Mother of the Bride, Katie

Profile Picture User3287630, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jacki and her team are amazing! Jacki( the owner) came herself to do my hair and makeup on the day of our wedding. I had shown her lot of different pictures and ideas and then the day of I showed up and told her to do what she thought would work. I had lot of hair pieces for her to use and the end result was amazing. She and her team turned myself and my 8 bridesmaids into our best selves. Her whole team seemed like they really wanted to be there laughing and joking with us and joining in as we played silly games the pass the time. Wedding Tresses is amazing and I can't say enough good things about them.

Profile Picture Shannon, 1/19/13, 5 Reviews
2.6

I have never written a review before but my experience with Wedding Tresses was so poor, that I feel obligated to inform other brides!! The communication from start to finish was terrible. I think their wedding coordinator needs to find a new profession… Her communication was never timely and never thorough!! Don’t let their detailed contract fool you!! The communication was so bad that the artists didn’t even show up at the scheduled time because they were misinform by THEIR coordinator. At no point was I able to speak directly with the hair / make-up artists, which I think could have saved a lot of my time and aggravation!!

If you have any other choices, I would avoid booking Wedding Tresses. If I had to go through the process again, my easiest decision would be to select another hair / make-up vendor!! Depending on what stage of the wedding process you are in, you will find that communication is so important with your vendors and to have a vendor with such poor communication skills is an issue you don’t want to have to deal with!! They were the only vendor that stressed me out. I highly recommend you find someone else for your special day!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/15/12, 2 Reviews
4.3

I had Christine, she did my hair and make up as well as my two bridesmaids and mother's hair. She did a fantastic job. She was great at listening to what I wanted and changing anything that I wasn't 100% happy with until it was perfect. She was also very quick and got everything done on time for our pictures. She was very easy to work with. It was a bit more expensive than some other quotes I got but the final results, doing both hair and make up and travelling on site made everything worth it. The only difficulty is in communication as they are only open on certain days with limited hours and I wound up communicating with a few different people which could be redundant or confusing but ultimately everything worked out okay day of.

Profile Picture meaghan, 9/1/12, 7 Reviews
3.8

Hair and make up for 11 people in only 5 hours! Wedding tresses had everyone looking gorgeous not only on time but ahead of schedule which really help put my nerves to rest! The designers are talented and easy to work with...they catered to what each girl wanted but still created a cohesive look for the bridal party! Happy I chose wedding tresses!

Profile Picture User2517491, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews