Wedding Services of Reverend B Sharon Staley Reviews

11 | San Mateo, CA

11 Reviews for Wedding Services of Reverend B Sharon Staley

Max · Married on 12/08/2017

Choose Reverend Sharon and don’t even think about choosing anyone else!
    Reverend Sharon was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was professional, kind, considerate of our wishes, punctual, humorous and totally knowledgeable.

Sent on 12/16/2017
  • User7844181 · 1+ year ago

Rev. Sharon married us during the Thanksgiving weekend in a short notice ( we wanted an intimate wedding ceremony with only two of us). She is a very thoughtful person. She spent time to get to know us and was very responsive in our inquiries. What impressed me the most is that she also attends to details. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 02/28/2017
  • Q

Qian · Married on 11/18/2017

Reverend Sharon is very responsible and we are lucky to be her 60th held couples. Her profession and kindness across the wedding ceremony truly provided us a valuable experience, and an unforgettable memory. Thanks Reverend Sharon!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Boaz · Married on 09/25/2017

Reverend Sharon made our day beautiful.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Rochelle · Married on 12/18/2016

Sharon made our wedding fun and made us smile. :-)

Sent on 03/19/2017

Marie · Married on 04/30/2016

Reverend Sharon heloed make my wedding a dream come true she was very sweet and helpful as well as professional i would definitely recommend her !

Sent on 06/08/2017

Taninnan · Married on 04/14/2016

Well prepare and provide very nice vow. Make us memorable day.

Sent on 03/27/2017

P · Married on 12/04/2015

Expect excellent results. Sharon is an amazing, honest, and sincere. She provided her services to friends of my and they still talk about how Sharon made their special day the best! Wedding day is approximate, can't remember the exact.

Sent on 02/28/2017

Phillip · Married on 09/27/2015

Sharon was very professional and on time (extremely important). It was a pleasure working with her and I would recommend her to anyone. She has a great library of vows in case you need some creative assistance.

Sent on 03/16/2017

Kristine · Married on 05/04/2014

We were married on May of 2014. She was really easy to talk to and catered to our requests. She even helped us prepare our wedding vows in person and through Skype. Great wedding officiant! Very pleasant to work with. Highly recommended.

Sent on 03/17/2017

Wedding Services of Reverend B Sharon Staley's reply:

Thanks a lot Kristine,
    You and Ryan were one of my favorite couples to get married in 2014, I am so glad to have been your officiant and I am very glad to have the lucky officiant to marry the both of you on your wedding day in May!

Melissa · Married on 06/15/2017

2.0
      1.5
      1.5
      0.5
      2.0

I held off on this review because I debated over weather it was better to leaving no review or leaving an honest review of my experience. After numerous emails (At least once a week for the last 6 months) and texts requesting a review, if my honest feedback is truly wanted I will give it. I wanted a small intimate wedding, primarily to involve my terminally ill father. I reached out to Sharon and she was very responsive. She quickly setup a call to go over things. She sent out a contract, and this is where things started to change course. I live out of state so it took a few days for USPS to deliver the contract. I got either a daily text or phone call reminding me to sign the contract and send the payment before she could start working on our ceremony. This was overkill. I paid the ceremony in full when returning the contract. Next she contacted me to ask if there was a parking or daily use fee for the location of our ceremony. I assumed there was one, typically these are $8. She then said she usually includes this in her contract but since she missed this "she would be nice and split the amount with me". Even after she emailed the county to ask about the day use fee and they said for this particular beach there was no parking or day use fee, she continued to argue with me there was a fee. At this point I was annoyed and had I not already paid in full, I would've just canceled and forfeited the deposit. As we got closer to the wedding date, she advised me we would sign the marriage certificate before the ceremony. I asked if we could do it after. She said no. On the day of the wedding, she brought her husband who ended up being in the background of all my ceremony pics. It wasn't possible to crop him out of all of the pics so he's in our wedding pics forever. She also messed up on reciting our vows. You get what you pay for! Make sure you are selecting an officiant who really suits your needs, rather than settling.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Wedding Services of Reverend B Sharon Staley's reply:

Melissa,
    Sorry you weren't happy with my services, most people are and lot of former wedding clients are still good social friends even after 5 years of me being their officiant. And I have done 61 wedding since April of 2012.
    And all marriage licenses are signed before a wedding, for it is not any officiants job to chase after the couples when they are in party mood to get the marriage license signed. For once the wedding ceremony is done the officiants job is done.