18 Reviews for Wedding on the Bay by Watermark

Linens (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
18 Wedding on the Bay by Watermark Reviews

4.3

What a place to have an event! We hosted our guests on board the Catherine Marie for our rehearsal dinner. There was a bit of weather that came through the area the morning of our event and caused some flooding in the City Docks area. Without getting into the full details, I wish that Taylor and team had let me know that there could be a possibility of an alternative drop off and pick up location for our guests well prior to the weekend week. Due to the close proximity of our guests accommodations to City Docks and no knowledge of there being a chance for an alternative drop off and pick up location we had only arranged for one bus which would hold about half of our guests. In the end the Watermark team was able to use the City Docks for drop off and pick up according to our original plan which went great! Overall the event was flawless to the guests however it did cause me some unnecessary stress the hours leading up to the event. I truly feel that Taylor and team had the absolute best intentions in making our rehearsal dinner perfect, I just think that some of the communication could have been a bit more polished to make that perfection less stressful. Once on board the service from Taylor and the staff was phenomenal and everyone had an amazing time! Thank you Watermark for your spectacular venue and showing so many of our out of town guests a beautiful cruise along the Chesapeake Bay!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/6/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Planning, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables, Barware, Glassware, Linens

We could not be more grateful for how elegant our event turned out to be and Missy Blevins was a huge part of it. Instrumental throughout the entire process, I would highly recommend her for your next event!

Profile Picture Jeremy, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We are so glad that we chose to celebrate our wedding day with Missy Blevins and Watermark. The professionalism of the entire team was second to none. If you want a lot less to stress about on your big day, than make sure you go with Watermark. You won't regret it!!

Profile Picture Ryan, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband Kyle and I had the best reception aboard The Watermark's The Raven. Taylor made sure that our night was perfect. Even though it was a million degrees outside (August in the city), the ship was cool and the open deck was nice on the bay for a breezy dance floor.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We used Watermark for our rehearsal dinner for our wedding. It was the perfect way to kick off the weekend with a beautiful ride on the Bay!

They worked with us to arrange our caterer and made sure every detail was just right.

Highly recommend!

Profile Picture David, 8/6/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Get a wedding planner for your wedding and it will go much better.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Nancy, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an extraordinary experience working with Watermark for our son's Rehearsal Dinner. The staff was very helpful, professional, and delightful to work with. The venue , The Raven, was a wonderful boat to hold a special occasion. It was spotless when we arrived, inside and out, and everyone aboard helped to create a magical night cruising about the Inner Harbor. The staff worked closely with the event planner/florist and caterers and offered assistance throughout the evening. They went above and beyond! We couldn't have been happier and will highly recommend their services to our family and friends! It was a most memorable time!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

Let me begin by saying our daughter had an absolutely fabulous, wonderful wedding on Watermark's boat, the Catherine Marie! The day was perfect from start to finish. The staff, including Missy, walked us through the event from the first day of planning with them. Their boat provided a beautiful venue for our daughter's wedding. We cruised the Severn and the Captain stopped us in the perfect back drop for the ceremony. The wedding coordinator provided by Watermark also took care of everything that day and all of the vendors worked well together. And, the Captain performed a memorable ceremony.Many of our guests are still talking about what a amazing time they had. I would highly recommend Watermark cruises for any celebration.

Profile Picture Martha, 8/8/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The best Yacht services in the DC, MD, VA area....beautiful yacht, professional staff and friendly people. Our wedding coordinator, Kona, for Watermark Cruises, made our wedding an outstanding, mind-blowing, and eventful day! The Captain of the yacht really made it a special day along with the rest of employees!

Profile Picture Carlos, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What can I say....we wanted a memorable day like most Bride's & Groom's. We have both been married before so we wanted to do something that was especially meaningful to our lifestyle. Our life revolves around the Chesapeake Bay...we are on the water every weekend (weather permitting) and my new husband has a yacht management company....so it was only fitting for us to charter the 100ft Catherine Marie and have our Wedding & Reception on board and out on the Chesapeake Bay. We had an absolutely gorgeous day, beautiful sunset and amazing wedding with unbelievable photos & memories! The staff was very friendly and easy to work with and very accommodating to our wishes.

Profile Picture Patti, 7/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Watermark for our June 2015 wedding sailing out of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, aboard Raven. Everything was perfect, the food, the ship, the decorations, the staff. Our guests absolutely loved our ceremony and reception aboard the ship. They thought it was a great venue, and lots of fun. We used a DJ, and everyone was having fun dancing on the top deck as we sailed through the harbor. A magical evening. We are still hearing from friends and family on how much fun they had. Missy was our wedding coordinator-from Watermark, and she couldn't have been more helpful, from our initial contact with her all the way up to and including the day of our wedding. She was invaluable to me. Chef's Expressions catered our wedding, and it was absolutely fabulous! Bonny was so helpful in making recommendations to us, and making sure I was happy with it all. The food was absolutely delicious. We have wonderful memories of such an important day to us, thanks to Watermark!!!

Profile Picture Mary Anne, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

What an amazing venue. The crew and everyone involved, ESP THE WEDDING PLANNER Kona, were highly professional and so accommodating! Even our weirdest requests were met with a smile and they made everything we wanted happen. Our ceremony was on the top deck, but once that was done, the weather turned and a storm totally washed out any hope of being outside, but even so, on board the Catherine Marie, we were absolutely comfortable and dry! They even supplied all our guests with garbage bags to use as ponchos when the cruise ended (and the rain hadn't yet!). I have heard from many of our guests that this was by far the best wedding venue and most original venue. We had an amazing time. KONA WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We chartered the Cabaret II from Watermark for my daughter's wedding to cruise from Annapolis to Baltimore, where we were having dinner. From the first contact, Watermark was professional and accommodating. Missy Blevins was our consultant and she was great! From allowing us to tour various yachts, to presenting options, Missy communicated all along the way and offered catering suggestions as well as entertainment and advice. Nothing was oversold and everything came off without a hitch. After a rainy morning, the sun came out and when we boarded at 4:00, (with Missy present of course to make sure everything was acceptable) and the captain and crew proceeded to guide us for 3 1/2 hours up the Chesapeake and into Baltimore inner harbor, docking at Harbor East, where we walk to Fleming's for dinner. With food, a bar and and a jazz band, how could cruising the bay on a 70 degree afternoon be anything but spectacular?
The captain, crew and bartender Rock accommodated all of our needs and even did a lap in the inner harbor for all of our guests! I received nothing but compliments and everyone was blown away by this classy and cool cocktail reception.
If you are going to charter a Yacht for any occasion on the Chesapeake, check out Watermark, you won't go wrong. We have taken their regularly scheduled 1-hour trips before out of Baltimore to Ft. McHenry and they are very good for just a quick tour as well.
They delivered big time for our family on a day when you hope everything goes well and for that I can't thank them enough. My daughter and new son-in-law thought it was the best thing they could have done.

Profile Picture Tim, 5/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Unique Services (Other)
0.5

Horrible experience. Do not do your wedding here, or any event for that matter. I do not want to bore you with the book of lessons learned that I could write. I think it all comes down to honest communication. They twisted the truth on multiple occasions. We ended up spending an exorbitant amount on this event (nearly twice what we thought it was going to be) and then they tried to change the total bill after we had already paid it off. That is when we had to get a lawyer involved. Unfortunate way to have "your day" be remembered.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3345587, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently celebrated aboard The Raven in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Being the first wedding on this ship, we were slightly nervous especially when it started raining, but the crew handled it all flawlessly. The ship was gorgeous on the night of the wedding and the cruise through the harbor was spectacular.

I would recommend our coordinator, Kona Brown to anyone looking for a planner. She was genuinely excited for us and was never too busy to answer my emails of phone calls. I didn't have a single worry on the night of our wedding because I knew she was in control. She directed everyone where they needed to be, took care of all of the setup and even brought my husband and I drinks when she saw our hands were empty.

Overall it was a perfect evening!

Profile Picture Jonelle, 6/7/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

As Mother of the Bride, I could not have felt more special and attended to through the planning and especially the day of the wedding.

Profile Picture Kathy, 9/15/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Wedding Planning

We got married aboard the Catherine Marie with 120 of our nearest and dearest family and friends. The vessel worked perfectly for our entire event with a scenic ceremony on top, sophisticated dinner below, and dancing and partying throughout the remainder of our reception. Kona was our coordinator and from the moment we met with her we knew we were in good hands. We initially tried to plan everything ourselves (we're a very hands on couple), but were totally comforted and actually released the reigns when we realized how professional Kona and the Watermark team were. They catered to our every request i.e. hanging a string of mini paper lanterns, special ordering certain liquors/wine for the bar, etc. When it came to the day of, everyone's demeanor was calm and so pleasant which gave us and our guests the peace of mind to relax and truly enjoy the day. Would absolutely recommend this company/venue to anyone looking for a special occasion.

Profile Picture User1651454, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lesly Bell is fantastic! She goes above and beyond to make the experience exactly what you want. All guests loved the cruise...lucked out with a great night. It's not cheap, but it is great if you can afford it. Graded down flexibility only based on the fact that there are only 5 approved caterers, which is somewhat limiting. But, overall awesome place for a reception!

Profile Picture Meghan, 9/4/11, 5 Reviews