Wedding Music Charleston Reviews

147 | Summerville, SC

147 Reviews for Wedding Music Charleston

Deborah · event on: 08/01/2013

I enjoyed the music of Dumb Luck at the Southside 17 Bar and Grill. Michael and Renate were fabulous! The music was incredible and I liked the way they communicated with the crowd. I just hope their talent is being recognized and if anyone is looking for the "right" entertainment, you won't be disappointed. I will continue to follow their showings. They play music that fits everyone, and of every age. They just seem to fit together. I wish them the very best! Go check them out! You'll be glad you did.
    Deborah

Sent on 08/08/2013

Tammi · event on: 07/18/2013

I would recommend them to anyone looking for affordable, professional and truly talented entertainment.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Michael · event on: 07/04/2013

This is the 2nd time I have used michael and his wife, and once again I could not be more happy with the quality and service provided! Band was awsome! Hint. They sound incredible live, youtube videos do not do them justice!!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Tim · Married on 06/29/2013

Michael did a great job and exceeded our expectations. Thank you for all you did to make our day speacial!

Sent on 07/12/2013

We hired Michael Peifer, acoustic soloist, for our outdoor wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He was very easy to work with and went above and beyond to make sure things were just right. He is very detailed and plays the songs you request. He even took extra time to work with one of my bridesmaids (she was singing) for our song during the ceremony. We received many compliments on his excellent vocal and guitar skills. You will not be disappointed. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Roy · Married on 05/19/2013

We had a real challenge at my son and new daughter-in-law's small outdoor wedding. The venue was a residential backyard overlooking a Lowcountry creek, with only 50 people attending. Michael listened to our concerns about a small footprint and tailored his equipment and performance to our specific needs. He greeted all of our requests with a smile and "no problem" attitude. At the end of the evening all guests, young and old, were raving about the cool DJ and great music selections. I will happily recommend Michael Piefer and Acoustic Music Charleston's services to anyone looking for ease of operation and professionalism on their wedding day. Thank you for making me look like a hero on my son's wedding day!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Travis · Married on 04/26/2013

We booked dumb luck duo for our rehearsal dinner party 2 weeks ago in downtown Charleston and they were excellent. Michael and Renate sounded great, fed off the crowd energy and were very flexible when a buddy wanted to sing/play a toast on the mic/guitar. They were easy to deal with in planning the event and the evening's music went flawlessly. They were very professional, and I would recommend them without hesitation. Awesome band!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Note: Dumb Luck is the name of our live performance duo. :)
    www.dumbluckduo.com ~

Thank you so much Travis for the wonderful review and allowing us to be a part of your event!

Michael Peifer
    Acoustic Music Charleston
    Charleston Disc Jockey
    843-442-2525

Madison · Married on 04/13/2013

I can not recommend this DJ service enough! Always polite, always willing to help, and hands down professional. Everyone who came had such a good time, and only had wonderful things to say about not only the acoustic music he played on the beach, but also the music choices played at the reception. If you don't know anyone, and need to hire like
    I did, Acoustic Music of Charleston is great choice. I couldn't thank them enough for what they did for our big day!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Christina · Married on 04/06/2013

I wanted to take a moment and say how happy I was with the service that my wife and I received from Michael at our wedding reception. I should preface my remarks with the facts that I have worked in the service industry and am now a military man. With this history, most customer services fall well short of my expectations. Michael’s performance however, went above and beyond my high expectations.

Starting with the preparation for our wedding, Michael’s professionalism, and communication was top notch. After sending our requested play list, Michael ensured that he had all of the songs as well as the specific times and volume that we wanted them played. In short, in the hectic weeks leading up to our wedding, Michael worked out the little details in regards to the music so that we did not have to worry about it. It was very nice going to the reception knowing that the music was taken care of.

Immediately upon our arrival at our reception it was apparent that Michael was in control. Michael quickly addressed my bride to ensure he had the right order and names of our bridal party as they were introduced. The flow of the reception went extremely smooth with Michael playing all of the music we wanted. As my wife and I made our rounds to our guests we both kept receiving compliments on how much they were enjoying the music and how much they appreciated the fact that they did not have to yell over the music. As pictures were being taken Michael kept the other guest entertained with low playing music and even anticipated some of our announcements before we requested them.

I will always remember my wedding day and thanks to Michael’s performance I will remember all of the good times I had at the reception. His price was exceptional for his services which were excellent. From his preparation all the way through his performance at the reception I give him my highest recommendation possible.

Captain Joseph Hodges
    USMC

Sent on 04/24/2013

Nikki · Married on 03/23/2013

Michael played at our wedding ceremony and was absolutely wonderful! He played acoustic guitar and did not miss a beat!! Thank you Michael for making our wedding ceremony even more beautiful.

Sent on 03/30/2013

Holly · Married on 03/23/2013

Thank you so much for providing the ceremony music for Nikki's wedding. As always, it is a pleasure working with you.
    Cheers!
    Holly Simpson with A Charleston Event

Sent on 08/06/2013

Arthur · Married on 03/16/2013

Mr. Peifer provided great dj and mc services for our wedding ceremony and reception. His professionalism was outstanding before, during, and after the event. I will continue to recommend his services to others and look forward to using his services in the future.

Sent on 04/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2017

Michael was awesome! He was so professional and organized through the planning process, and came through on the day of with all the equipment and sound we had discussed beforehand. He was a great MC and played all our favorite music as discussed. I did not have to worry about anything during the reception, as he kept us on our timeline. His playlist was great and kept everyone dancing. I would definitely recommend him to anyone wanting a quality DJ and MC.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Meredith · event on: 12/26/2015

They did our 25th anniversary party and vow renewal, it was phenomenal. They were conscious of all our preferences. Everyone had a wonderful time.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Clarence · event on: 12/13/2014

I have seen many of their performances and they are the finest entertainers that the Low Country has to offer. Come out and see for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 12/15/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/26/2013

Boy are we lucky to have found Michael and Renate! They were incredibly easy to work with, detail oriented, and flexible. I found Michael to be very organized and played exactly what we specified when we specified it. Michael was always a phone call away and responded to emails quickly. And he even learned an acoustic version or the song that I wanted to walk down the aisle to, even though it was not on his playlist. And it was gorgeous!

And even though our reception was supposed to end at 10, we were having so much fun that nobody was ready to go home! Without hesitation, he was happy to stay and keep the party going and played until midnight when the venue finally shut us down!!!

We can't thank you enough...you helped to make our day perfect!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Patrick · Married on 12/13/2014

Michael was first class from the first time I talked to him on the phone. Our guests were fed a constant stream of tunes that got them on the dance floor until last call. I'd recommend Michael's DJ services to anyone looking to add some sizzle to their next event!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Stefani · Married on 10/18/2013

Michael played the ceremony music for our outdoor beach wedding in Charleston. He was very easy to work with and willing to accommodate all my requests. He quickly replied to all emails and phone calls. I would highly recommend Michael!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Anthony · Married on 07/06/2013

I have seen Michael in action and he is the Epitome of a professional entertainer and truly enjoys what he does. His flexibilty and his ability to provide exceptional entertainment under all conditions is admirable. I am a member of the South Carolina Disc Jockey Alliance (SCDJA) and Michael presently serves as the Chairman of the Board of this supreme organization, If you are looking for a quality entertainer that meets or exceeds your expectations then Michael Is your connection.

Sent on 08/04/2013

Stephanke · Married on 04/23/2016

Michael did a great job of providing both my ceremony and reception music. People loved the dance music, and the dance floor stayed busy all night!

Sent on 05/08/2016

Tasia · Married on 06/27/2013

Michael did a great job of communicating with us before the wedding to determine what we wanted and didn't want at our wedding. He was flexible and able to provide 3 different types of service during our wedding including an acoustic set and DJ services.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Audrey · Married on 05/03/2013

2.0

Michael did an acoustic hour and played during the ceremony and I could not have been more impressed. Loved every minute of his live playing. I didn't love his DJing as much, but he wasn't bad. I just didn't think his song choices were the best. I would definitely recommend him and I strongly suggest recommending songs and telling him to stick to those. I told him I liked everything and didn't request much so it was my fault it wasn't exactly what I wanted. Guests had a great time and Michael was so awesome about working with me. I had him set up in 3 different locations for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He was so flexible and helpful...very affordable.

Sent on 05/10/2013

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Audrey,

Thank you for the review and I am truly sorry that you were not completely pleased with some of our music selections. Had you mentioned it to me I would certainly have been happy to make adjustments. As you mentioned in your review we do have a detailed event form that allows our clients to either choose specific music or to direct us to genre choices that will help us understand what our clients want to hear. I am aware however that planning an event like yours can be overwhelming and it is difficult to find time for all of the details. It is certainly our main concern to be sure that your clients are elated with our services. It can be difficult to gauge what everyone in the group would enjoy even with the insight on the form so I watch the reaction of the guests carefully for cues. This is why we find it so helpful to be stationed very close to the dance floor. I was very happy to see that your guests kept the dance floor busy as the evening progressed.
    We have never once previously received an unfavorable review for several reasons.
    1. We sincerely care about our client's satisfaction and that of their honored guests and we work very hard to ensure that they are pleased.
    2. We make a great effort to be as detailed and diligent as possible in understanding our client's vision for their perfect day.
    3. Our forms allow our clients to give us a substantial amount of inside information that will guide us in our music selections throughout the event.
    4. We make ourselves available throughout the planning process and during the event so that our clients can make suggestions that may help enhance the overall experience.
    5. Exceptional is our goal, not average.
    There are virtually endless music selections that can be made and each guest has his/her own specific taste in music.
    In the absence of selections made in advance by our clients my music choices are based on experience with the response I have seen to those selections at dozens of similar events during that year. (We provided music for over 50 weddings last year alone and performed at over 100 total events) However, not everyone will respond to music in the same way, hence the exhaustive forms which I know can be time consuming to complete.
    I am very happy that you were pleased with my live acoustic performances during your ceremony and the dinner portion of your event; many of your guests were also very complimentary about that. Your family and friends were very warm and friendly.
    All in all it was truly a lovely event despite difficult weather conditions and I was honored to be a part of it.
    I appreciate your insight here and will certainly recommend that our future clients use the form to give us insight into their music preferences and touch base with us during the event to let us know if we need to make adjustments.
    We are dedicated to helping make each and every event exceptional and will work hard to ensure every client's satisfaction.
    Please let me know if there is anything further I can do for you and accept my apologies for our shortfall.

Many blessings for you and your husband in your life together and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be a part of your beautiful event.

Michael D Peifer