Wedding Music Charleston Reviews

139 | Summerville, SC

139 Reviews for Wedding Music Charleston

Cindy · event on: 12/11/2015

Michael really puts everything into giving you a great show/music. He really cares and delivers the BEST!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Charleston ENT Holiday Party at N Chas Convention Center- Live Acoustic Holiday music, Live Party Band "Baggage Claim" and Pro DJ Services with Lighting. Great group of folks to work with- Thanks for the opportunity!

Stephanie · Married on 11/07/2015

Michael was absolutely amazing! I planned my wedding from California, and wasn't able to meet him in person prior to the event. He made me feel VERY comfortable booking/planning it all regardless! He is very detail oriented and made sure to think through each part of the ceremony (where he played acoustic guitar) and the reception (where he DJed). He thought of everything that was necessary for the event to run smoothly. The value he provides for the price is amazing (many of my friends paid twice the price for a DJ)!

I would without a doubt recommend him for anyone who is in need of a DJ! Thank you for an amazing night!!

Sent on 12/21/2015

LAUREN · Married on 10/03/2015

Music was one of the most important details of planning my wedding. My Husband and I LOVE to dance and so do most of our family and friends which lead me to being very meticulous in my music and DJ selection. From the moment I contacted Micheal, he was responsive, detailed, and focused on making every stage of music throughout the ceremony and reception my style. He played acoustic guitar and sang during the ceremony. It was perfect! A couple of the songs he learned specifically for the ceremony. Most importantly, my wedding day fell in the midst of a hurricane/4 day rainstorm/historical flooding. Despite most of my wedding being replanned and various vendors canceling due to weather, music was one thing I did not have to worry about. Michael was more than flexible with the constant changes and immediately agreed to play and hour later than planned due to the ceremony start time being delayed one hour. When the time came for the music to stop, everyone was having such a GREAT time that he played an extra 15 minutes! He kept the party going to the VERY LAST song! I had countless compliments on the music from my guests and all the credit goes to Michael! Book with Wedding Music Charleston NOW!!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren. Yours was a wedding event I will always remember, not because of the difficult weather but because of the wonderful group of people I had the honor of performing for! I truly love working with all of my Military friends but your friends and family were AMAZING and absolutely a pleasure to be around. I LOVED every minute of it and would do it again in a heartbeat! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it all!

Bridget · Married on 09/05/2015

Everything was awesome! Michael was so professional and absolutely the perfect dj for our wedding. He called me the week of to review all of our music choices and made a few very helpful suggestions. He definitely kept the party going during the reception; he is very good at gauging the crowd and makes decisions based on that. He was great!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Pamela · Married on 08/09/2015

I can't say enough about Michael and Wedding Music Charleston! He was the DJ at my wedding at the Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina two weeks ago. My husband and I live in Colorado, so we were planning a destination wedding with little familiarity with the finer aspects of Charleston and wedding planning. He was so helpful! He's extremely detailed, which I totally appreciate s a project planner myself :) He had so much information to offer on his website, above and beyond the music details he would need for his piece of the event. He offered suggestions based on past experience, without being overbearing, but rather super helpful! The event itself was very laid back and everyone in attendance had just a fantastic time! We were a small group of 40, and he had everyone dancing the night away :) I would HIGHLY recommend Wedding Music Charleston to anyone planning a celebration in the area. Thank you SO much, Michael!!!

Warm regards, Pamela and Jeff Brooks

Sent on 08/25/2015

Christina · event on: 08/08/2015

Michael was absolutely amazing!!! Our family had the best reunion banquet ever and a large part of that was because of him. People were complimenting his expertise and choice of music ALL NIGHT LONG. He is extremely professional and wonderful to deal with. People, the reviews are not wrong. Don't hesitate to book this company, they will completely exceed your expectations!!!!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Christina,
    Thank you so much for the review. I truly enjoyed working with you and your family. What a rich family heritage and powerful legacy. A wonderful group of people and inspiring family history. Events like yours are the reason I still love what I do after all these years!

Blessings,
    Michael

Kelcy · Married on 06/18/2015

We used Michael and a 3 piece Band for our Reception and just Michael for our Ceremony and Cocktail hour. We couldn't have been happier! Michael and team were responsive and soothing from day one. We never felt nervous or confused about the process. When the day finally arrived we had extreme heat that changed plans. Michael worked with our changing timeline to avoid the heat. Having a DJ capability and band was truly the best of both worlds. They played to our guest taste and everyone raved about them. Michael really helped provide guidance through the planning time! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Kelcy! You and your friends and family were so wonderful to work with as well. I and my bandmates truly enjoyed being a part of your day. It was a beautiful event. Blessings for a long and happy life together! Michael

We chose to use Michael as our DJ for both our ceremony and reception and we are so happy we did! Michael was great to work with from the get go, his pricing was affordable and he didn't give me a funny look when I said we wanted to stay away from standard wedding music and go with country, shag, and just happy laid back music. We didn't want that typical club atmosphere that most young couples want but we also didn't want to be on the opposite end of the spectrum dancing to the YMCA and Celebration all night either. All the other DJ's we met with would just try to convince me that that's kind of music guests like but it was just obvious they weren't comfortable outside their standard playlists. We knew we could find somebody who would be happy to give us the wedding we wanted and we definitely did. Guests loved him and he was able to please everyone, from my grandpa to our party friends from college. He also stuck to the do not play list I gave him and came and asked me directly what was ok if someone requested something that was a little iffy. He also worked well with my planner (she recommended him) to set up/break down so I didn't deal with any of that on the day of which was such a relief. If you're looking for someone who is professional and will listen to exactly what you want, don't hesitate to contact Wedding Music Charleston, they were absolutely worth every penny!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your family! Michael Peifer

We used Michael for my sister's wedding on May 16th for ceremony music, reception music, lights, and sound equipment for the officiant and toasts. He did everything exactly as we had laid out, and was extremely flexible. He arrived on time, got everything set up perfectly with almost no direction from anyone else (which is a huge help when you're running around trying to get ready). He had a live acoustic guitarist for the ceremony, and found a way to get the officiant a wireless microphone that picked up almost no back ground noise (we were on the beach and it was pretty windy). He kept things flowing throughout the night, making announcements and getting the guest where the needed to be. He offered plenty of guidance in terms of timing everything, but was completely flexible when we needed to move things around last minute. Overall, he was exceptional and everyone at the event agreed he did a fantastic job. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a very dependable, friendly, and experienced DJ/live performer.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/09/2015

I am so happy that we decided to go with Michael and the rest of the Baggage Claim Band for our wedding. From the beginning of the planning process the service I received was amazing. I told Michael that I was in the beginning of the planning process and he was more than happy to provide additional vendor options based on successful weddings he had done in the past. We went to see the band twice before deciding to book them for our wedding. We absolutely loved the variety of music they played and were impressed with how he was able to get the crowd up and dancing along.

Only a few months before the wedding we made a change in the time of the wedding (moved from a night wedding to an early daytime wedding). He was accommodating to our change even though they had a late night performance the night before.

On the wedding day the band arrived and were beyond professional. I had provided very little direction to Michael and trusted his choices in music and his master of ceremony experience. He played music for our guest prior to the ceremony, played the wedding march music as well as music when we came back down the aisle. All were great! For the reception he was the Master of Ceremony, played in the band and provided DJ services. He did a great job at selecting music throughout the entire reception. The music was laid back at the beginning and by the end of the day we had the dance floor filled with people dancing (VERY hard to fill a dance floor at a day time, outdoor wedding). My dad kept asking him to stay longer to keep playing because everyone was having such a great time. I highly recommend Michael and the Baggage Claim Band!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank yo so much Jennifer! We had a wonderful time with you and all of your guests! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your perect day. :) Michael Peifer

Christi · Married on 05/03/2015

From day 1, Michael was an absolute joy and comforting person to work with while planning for my wedding. He was always willing to talk on the phone and help me figure out the plans as needed. I am extremely satisfied with the performance he gave at the ceremony AND reception! Not only is he a sincere and genuine person, but he can definitely keep the party alive and going. I highly suggest Michael Peifer and his team for any occasion.

Sent on 05/16/2015

Cary · event on: 04/26/2015

I work for the rape crisis center People Against Rape. We were planning our annual Take Back The Night event and decided we wanted to have a DJ. After looking around for a while and not finding any promising options, we came across Wedding Music Charleston. From the start, Michael was great to work with. He promptly responded to all of my emails, answered any questions I had, and was very excited to be working for our cause. It became obvious that Michael is generous and compassionate, and that he cares about his community. We were thrilled to have found him.

During the event, Michael was extremely professional. We had multiple entertainment groups and speakers, and he flawlessly made the transition from one act to the next. On top of that, he was a lot of fun to work with. While sexual assault is a serious topic, we still wanted our event to be joyous, and he was able to create that environment for us. Plus, despite the fact that we did not give Michael a play list, he was able to pick the perfect songs that were both appropriate and upbeat.

The staff at PAR is grateful to have found such a great DJ, and we would highly recommend him to businesses/nonprofits/individuals who are in need of entertainment, whether that be a DJ or a band. I'm sure we will be coming back to Michael again next year for our event.

Sent on 05/04/2015

carrlos · Married on 03/28/2015

I definitely would recommend this gentleman to anyone that needed any musical service. we were very pleased with his service and professionalism. thank you Michael.

Mr. and Mrs. Canales

Sent on 04/06/2015
  • User4786588 · event on: 02/07/2015

Michael was absolutely WONDERFUL. Very professional, engaging with the group and the music selection was perfect. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 02/12/2015
  • User4622096 · 2+ years ago

We could not have been more thankful or more pleased to have Michael Pheifer DJ the wedding. He exceeded all expectations by a mile. He played a very important role in a night we will never forget!

Sent on 12/20/2014

stevie · Married on 12/07/2014

wonderful experience with Michael. he is very talented at what he does. the music for my wedding reception was absolutely perfect. we gave him a little background of what we liked and had a few request the rest we let him handle and he could not have done a better job he really made our wedding night one to remember I am very thankful we chose him as our dj.

Sent on 01/09/2015

Dan · event on: 12/06/2014

They always preform at 100%. Their mission is to provide total customer satisfaction through supeior service and they always exceed the crowds expectations. If you haven't seen them preform, you owe it to your self to do so, you will be a fan.

Dan Roth

Sent on 12/15/2014

Cathy · event on: 12/06/2014

Excellent service from Michael and his crew. He kept the party going, and I have received very positive feedback from our guests on his performance at the event. Highly recommend Wedding Music Charleston!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Skip · event on: 12/06/2014

Though Michael is a competitor in the field of entertainment, I must say he did a fantastic job at the Holiday party I attended at the Charleston Yacht Club. I normally am hired for this event, however I decided to pass this along to Michael because I've seen him work at other events, and I knew he could do a professional job. Michael sang, accompanied by Wayne Daws during the dinner portion of the event. The harmony and talent was easy listening and professionally done. When it was time to start the dancing, he was able to transition into an exciting atmosphere, enticing people to be on the dance floor and party hard not only by verbal invite, but by the music selections. He played all the requests and had a wonderful array of music at his disposal. I'm glad I know Michael Peifer as a friend and a fellow Dj. He is our chairman in the SCDJA and is as professional as they come. Job well done Michael!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Katie · event on: 11/27/2014

I had Wedding Music Charleston (Micheal) DJ a Black Friday sales event. He was very professional and did a great job. I would recommend him to anyway looking for a DJ.

Sent on 12/18/2014

Cathy · Married on 11/15/2014

We were tremendously pleased with Michael and Wayne Daws. Michael sang a special rendition of "Hallelujah" during the wedding ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful. The music before, during and after the wedding during the cocktail hour was just simply perfect!!!
    I highly recommend Michael!!!

Sent on 11/18/2014

This guy was great. We could not have asked for a better DJ or musician. He was nice, professional, knew how to work a crowd, and was very accommodating and patient. I would definitely recommend him to future brides. My wedding was perfect and he did great!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Kim · Married on 11/08/2014

Could not have asked for a better wedding. Everything went smoothly and was wonderful. It was a true blessing that my husband and I found Michael and Renate. Our wedding would have not been such a success without them. Thank you for all that you do :)

Sent on 11/19/2014

Josh · Married on 10/25/2014

There is no better! We will definitely use him again!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Gwen · Married on 10/18/2014

Great value. Great service. Very professional and very helpful. Thank you so much for contributing to such a magical day and fabulous celebration! We appreciate it more than words can say.
    Sincerely,