Wedding Music Charleston Reviews

139 Reviews for Wedding Music Charleston

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/13/2019

Run to book them now!

Wedding Music Charleston did an incredible job for my wedding. They executed ceremony music, a live band and DJ. They made our wedding so special! Michael has been a pleasure to work with leading up to the big day and has been very professional and helpful. I can not recommend them enough!! Run to book them now. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Jenny Culbreth · Married on 10/12/2019

Mother of groom

Great music, very professional, a real mistro in helping the reception flow seamlessly.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you Jenny! It was a beautiful location on St Helena's Island and all of the family and guests were wonderful to work with! Blessings for the amazing couple- I am sure they will be happy for many many years to come! Michael D Peifer

Breann Moore · Married on 09/14/2019

Best DJ around town.

I had my wedding on 9-14-19 and the DJ Gregg was absolutely amazing. I had met with owner Michael, prior to wedding to go over and review everything I wanted and needed to make the day special. He was booked for that day but had his partner Gregg available. I put my faith in Michael knowing I would still have a perfect reception and DJ. Met with Gregg a week before wedding and he was awesome! The day of, went so smoothly and Gregg took control and made it to where I could relax and just enjoy the night. He kept everybody on their feet and dancing. Gregg is so pleasant to be around and super friendly. Gregg and Michael are top notch and I’m so blessed to have found them and booked with them to make my reception so fun! Price is very reasonable for the quality of work done. I recommend them to anybody looking for a professional and friendly DJ. Thank you Michael and Gregg

Sent on 09/29/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Breann!
    Meeting you and your family was a true pleasure and we were so happy to be able to help with your perfect day. :)
    Blessings from Wedding Music Charleston for your future together!
    Michael D Peifer, Owner
    Wedding Music Charleston

Connie Elliget · Married on 08/12/2019

Most unforgettable and memorable day of our life.

Thank you so much for making our wedding (Medicine Wind Farm on December 8 2019) the most memorable day of our life. We couldn't have chosen a better DJ for our ceremony/reception, you were fun to work with and helped make our Love Story unforgettable. Michael Peifer went out of his way (which wasn't expected but very much appreciated) by offering to give the Blessing before dinner, easing my daughter nerves when she sang our first dance song live with her boyfriend playing the guitar and giving us pictures/short video (which I'm super excited to see soon) of our wedding. This just shows that you not only love/enjoy/take pride in what you do but you give back to your clients (Bride & Groom) with excepting nothing in return. Because sometimes the smallest things people do means the most.
    Everyone had a great time on the dance floor including myself (as if you couldn't tell lol) you did such an amazing job! You not only brought music to the air and kept us on schedule, you also joined us on the dance floor with some great dance moves, which we are still talking about.
    Michael we're truly blessed and appreciative of your top notch service and have already started recommending you and "Wedding Music Charleston" for upcoming events.
    Honestly I usually don't give reviews because I look at it as everyone has good/bad experiences (which probably has a lot more to the story which isn't told, and the company doesn't get to see or respond to it before it's posted but has to live with that review) but I look at it as "I hired a company for a service and I except them to do what they were hired for.... period. Plus people just don't have time, in the world we live in these days. But it's very rare to come across a company that goes out far beyond that they were hired to do, just to make the most important day, stress free and making it the most memorable day of their lives and I can say with no hesitations that's exactly what Michael Peifer with Wedding Music Charleston gave to not only for my Husband and I but everyone that came out to celebrated our Wedding.
    If I could give more stars then 5 I definitely would....
    Thank you Michael Peifer and Erin Jackson (his daughter) for being a big part of making all my hopes and dreams come true. God Bless you all and thank you for everything..
    Mr & Mrs Elliget
    12/8/2019

Sent on 12/20/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Connie, What an absolutely beautiful and unexpected review! We love our clients and when we have the opportunity to work with amazing people it makes the magic so much easier! Working with you was a real pleasure and a blessing. Thank you so much for everything. I pray that you life together is filled with thousands of magical days! Michael
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Metts · Married on 02/02/2019

Mizzell Wedding at Pepper Plantation

We had our weeding at Pepper Plantation in Awendaw with the wedding outside and the reception inside. This vendor was very well organized and offered everything you need or want to make your special day just perfect! They were able to put a microphone on the pastor and the musicians so that all of the ceremony could be caught on our video. They also made everything throughout the reception have a fantastic flow. They offered a wide variety of music that kept the dance floor full for the entire event...THANKS WEDDING MUSIC CHARLESTON FOR MAKING IT AN UNFORGETABLE DAY!!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much! What a lovely event and amazing family. It was a blessing to be a part of this wedding. :)
    Here are some videos and photos I took of the event myself. I am sure the professional videographer and photographer have some amazing footage of this beautiful wedding! https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Zb1AI66Kre-7Qx6-IOQf0p54J2LJO7Q
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 01/12/2019

Great Job!!

Michael did a great job reaching out to us quickly. He is very knowledgeable about his field and extremely organized. He was easy to get ahold of and made our day come to life!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Nathan Smith · Married on 12/28/2018

One of the best in the business

Michael and Wedding Music Charleston were outstanding. I'm so glad that we went with them for our wedding DJ services. He's professional, and it's clear that he's experienced because he really knows his stuff. He was able to provide helpful advice and guidance in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and was able to clearly communicate what he needed from us to make sure that our wedding music and dances went perfectly. Even on the day of the wedding, he was easy to find and talk to if there were any last-minute updates to the schedule or announcements to make to our guests. The only thing that I noticed that seemed like a minor difficulty is that he may take a few days to respond to emails. You might like quicker responses and assurance to avoid too much stress in your wedding planning, but the response time is completely understandable knowing that he's busy and has several events on his schedule. I would definitely recommend Michael and Wedding Music Charleston to anyone looking to music or DJ services for any special event! Their prices, performance, and helpfulness are unmatched.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Nathan, Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly enjoyed working with you and your family. My sincere apologies for any delays in responding to questions you may have had. My Father is elderly and my son is in his first year in the Marine Corps so 2018 was certainly a busy time. I will be sure to be more prompt in the future. I never want my clients to feel stressed. Blessings for your family!

Lauren Tracy · Married on 12/15/2018

Coordinating

Kept the dance floor rocking!!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you Lauren, it was an absolute pleasure working with you at Alhambra Hall. Excellent coordination and the venue was lovely!

Courtney Headen · Married on 12/15/2018

Best DJ We Could Ask For!

I cannot say enough good things about Michael and Wedding Music Charleston! Our wedding was more than I could have dreamed of and a lot of that had to do with him! The music kept the party going all night and our guests continue to comment about how great of a job he did.
    Michael is so helpful, he sends a detailed spreadsheet where he has you select a song for every part of the day--and if you don't have a preference, he chooses something that works wonderfully. I really appreciated that he set up a phone conversation for the week of to go over final details, it made me feel like he really cared and prepared for your big day.
    And best of all, his pricing cannot be beat for what you get! If you make any decision for your wedding, choose Michael and Wedding Music Charleston (you won't regret it)!

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Susan

Susan Day · Married on 11/11/2018

Mother of the Bride Susan Day

Michael was amazing and even pronounced the couple’s last name correctly! Schisselbauer! That alone was worth FIVE STARS! He got everyone dancing and everyone had a blast! Don’t look any more, just call Michael and book it! You won’t regret it. Can’t wait to see the pictures and video he took! Made our day extra special. Wish I could upload the video of my daughter dancing. Tender.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

It was an amazing event! Lovely family and beautiful venue (Boone Hall Cotton Dock) https://galleries.page.link/LzK9U
  • Richelle

Richelle · Married on 10/20/2018

Best DJ Out There!!!!!!!

Michael’s DJ services are the epitome of 5/5 stars. Guy is incredibly down to earth and checked in with us the whole way through the wedding. He is not “just a DJ”. He uses his experience in the wedding industry to make sure your big day is going as scheduled along with offering his top notch DJ service. He acted as a coordinator throughout the entire process letting us know what works well and what does not work well for our venue. If it was not for Michael, our day would not have been absolutely perfect. Also, we cannot go without saying his pricing is also reasonable and justifiable. If you want the best total deal for your wedding, talk with Michael immediately!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 10/13/2018

Katie Hurt

Happy bride!! He did an amazing job at our wedding at Alhambra Hall. Reasonable prices, responsive, caring, the guests loved all of the music, a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2018

Michael was an absolute joy to work with. He is professional, intuitive, and extremely talented. For our first dance song, we decided to each choose a song and not tell each other. Michael blended the two together seamlessly and edited mine exactly the way I wanted it with very little instruction. During the cocktail hour and reception, we decided to make some changes to our timeline, entering earlier and cutting some things we had originally planned. This was no problem at all for Michael, he effortlessly went with the flow. There is so much happening on your wedding day - if you want to feel 100% confident that your DJ has you covered, Michael with Wedding Music Charleston is the guy for you!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Jaison · Married on 07/06/2018

Amazing DJ! Michael knows how to get the party started and connects with the crowd. Our families are from two different parts of the world and somehow Michael was able to find a balance for both families to enjoy their time! He has done plenty of weddings and we extremely recommend him no matter the event. Thanks Michael again for such a great time and the pictures you took were amazing!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Cathy · Married on 07/01/2018

Michael was AWESOME and really helped us put on one "rocking reception"!!! Michael even surprised us with a highlight video capturing beautiful moments and putting them to music. Our experience with Wedding Music Charleston (from beginning to end) was truly an exceptional one and we would recommend to anyone!!!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Mary · Married on 07/01/2018

I'm an event planner who had the pleasure of working with and hiring Michael Peifer, the owner of Wedding Music Charleston for a July wedding at the Westin Resort and Spa in Hilton Head, SC. Michael is an absolute JOY to work with. His calm, professional demeanor, friendly personality and phenomenal customer service are truly exceptional. His attention to detail is remarkable, making the planning process incredibly smooth. He was always one step ahead of us, anticipating our every need -- offering creative suggestions and recommendations based on his thorough knowledge of music, logistics and event timelines. Michael tackled each one of our requests with warm dedication and a smile. He exceeded our expectations on every level servicing not only me, but the bride and groom, families and wedding guests. He created an incredible ambiance setting the tone with top notch sound equipment, emceeing, music and lighting. As a HUGE bonus, he surprised us by taking video of different portions of the reception, capturing incredible moments including first dances and then providing the raw footage and creating a compilation video. He is one of the most gifted DJ's I've ever had the pleasure of working with and has earned my business for years to come. We are beyond grateful and blessed to have had the opportunity to work with Michael -- he is an absolute ROCKSTAR and his expertise and service directly contributed to creating a dream wedding!

Sent on 07/16/2018

George · Married on 06/28/2018

We had such a good wedding! We couldn’t have been any happier. Michael did such a good job. Thanks so much again!

Sent on 06/30/2018
  • Z

Zackery · Married on 06/02/2018

DJ made the night so enjoyable worked with us every step of the way. 10 out of 10. We highly recommended Michael!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Courtney · Married on 06/02/2018

Michael made our wedding exactly what we wanted! He worked with us every step of the way. Amazing performance and a great price! He got everyone the dance floor and did a phenomenal job at introducing the wedding party, dances, and speeches. He is truly amazing at what he does! Thank you Michael once again! You ROCK! Everyone was really impressed!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Rotchelle · Married on 04/08/2018

We got married last June 28, 2018 at Alhambra Hall, Mt. Pleasant, SC. Michael was AMAZING! A GREAT DJ that comes with a GOOD PERSONALITY. He was VERY PROFESSIONAL and know exactly what he do and what the client wants. He is very punctual and very responsive to our messages, you will really get what you paid for. He and his website were very very helpful and will guide in some of the wedding stuff. We were very grateful that we picked the best dj in town! Thank you very much for bringing joy to our wedding! More power and God bless Michael!

Sent on 07/22/2018

Margaret · Married on 04/07/2018

Michael is a true professional-from the initial planning stages through the reception. He was extremely flexible and helped keep things moving-special dances, cake cutting, bouquet throwing, the last dance and exit, etc. I highly recommend Wedding Music Charleston!

Sent on 04/10/2018
  • W

William · Married on 03/25/2018

My perspective as Father of the Bride....As pretty much everyone knows, weddings can be very stressful for everyone involved. Michael Peifer and Wedding Music Charleston made the day so much easier and enjoyable. Using experienced gained from countless weddings, Michael was able to give very helpful advice and suggestions to my Wife and Daughter as they were planning the whole event. Michael's performance was during the reception was both professional and entertaining. I highly recommend Wedding Music Charleston ! Feel free to contact me with questions if you wish. bill.whittaker@usa.com

Sent on 04/03/2018

Christine and Keith · Married on 11/13/2017

Michael went above and beyond my expectations to make sure my wedding and reception were all I dreamed about. He worked with the other vendors to make sure everything went smoothly. He totally surprised me playing the recession song acoustic and singing it instead of playing it through his music selection. I recommend him to anyone I come across who mention a party or engagement! He is truly professional and knows how to choreograph a perfect wedding!! Thank you Michael!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Stacee · Married on 11/11/2017

Great Value and Professional

We found Wedding Music Charleston through various searches for wedding DJs. They came highly rated and were a great value. One of the things I liked most was the transparency. When looking for a vendor you don’t have time to jump through hoops to find out package costs and what’s included. Michael was very responsive and sent a lot of information. He was great to work with and takes lead on everything needed to make your wedding go as planned. Michael was very detailed and spent a lot of time making sure I understood the flow of the evening and that he incorporated what we wanted. His experience is evident when talking with him as he brought up a lot of things I’d never thought of, very thorough. Would recommend to anyone I know getting married.

Sent on 10/20/2020

Emily · Married on 11/04/2017

I am so happy we decided to book Michael as the DJ for our wedding. We got married at an outdoor venue, Pelican Watch Pavilion, and I really wanted someone who knew the venue and knew what it would take to still provide great music out there! Michael did just that!! He arrived early and made sure everything was set up on time. The music was great!! Everyone kept commenting how amazing the music was and he made sure the dance floor was full all night. Michael was so easy to work with, always available either by email or for a quick phone call. He was able to help with the timeline for the day and ensure that everything was covered! I highly recommend Michael!!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Emily,
    Thank you so much for trusting me with your amazing event! It was truly a perfect day!
    Michael