Wedding Music Charleston Reviews

130 | Summerville, SC

130 Reviews for Wedding Music Charleston

Katelyn Donaldson · Getting married on 03/05/2021

Charleston Wedding Music

Michael and his company were so accommodating and flexible with us while planning the music for our wedding. Amid the COVID pandemic, he was willing to work with us to make our wedding as special as originally planned. The music selection was perfect for the occasion and the song choice kept everyone dancing all night long. Wayne's guitar playing made our ceremony incredibly special and was definitely a highlight for us. We would very much recommend using Michael and Wedding Music Charleston!

Sent on 06/01/2020

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Katelyn! It was a great honor to work with you and your family. Blessings for your future together, Michael
  • Shelly

Shelly LoPresti · Married on 08/02/2020

Fantastic Communication

Micheal was fantastic! Our venue was a bit of a challenge but he knew just how to make everything work just right. Our wedding planner and Michael have different views of the "order of things" but with a 3 way call, we got it all worked out. He communicates effectively to make sure your wedding day is perfect. He even videoed our wedding (which we didn't ask for) but we are so thankful he did! We ended up purchasing the videos from him so now we have extra memories! Thank you Michael for making our wedding day super special!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Shelly! It was a beautiful event and a great pleasure working with you and your coordinator. :)
    Blessings, Michael
  • Lauren

Lauren Roshetko · Married on 07/19/2020

Highly Recommend!

Michael was so easy to work with! He was very responsive and answered any questions I had. He helped with music choice and had playlists created that were PERFECT! I had a brunch wedding and he was so great through our the whole reception. He went above and beyond to make sure we were enjoying it. He even made sure it was okay with me to play song requests. I highly recommend working with Michael!

Sent on 07/29/2020

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! It was a lovely brunch wedding at The Creek Club at Ion. I was happy to be there and help with your perfect day. :) Blessings, Michael
  • Stacie

Stacie Mclamb · Married on 07/10/2020

10/10 would hire again!

Michael is the best! He is more than a DJ-when I hired him, I felt like I had a wedding planner as well. He is so experienced with weddings and timing and read the crowd extremely well. I am not a very intense person, and his relaxed and positive attitude was exactly what I needed. You can trust him to get the job done without having to make it a stressful experience. He had plenty of suggestions when we needed them but let us take the reigns if and where we wanted to. One of my favorite things about Michael was that he allows you to make Spotify playlists and add him when you are ready. This was SO much easier than keeping track of a list of songs we wanted and allowed us to just continue adding to that playlist as we heard songs throughout the year planning. Before the wedding, he called me to go over the details and asked specific questions on what not to play and how much freedom we wanted him to have based off the list we gave him. Also, he offered to stay as long as we wanted to pay him, which was awesome because I was not into the hard cut-off time for music if we wanted to keep it going. My friends have been texting us that it was the most fun they have had at a wedding. We danced the entire time! 10/10 would hire again!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 07/10/2020

Great, attentive, helpful, and fun!

Sadly, our DJ passed away four days before our wedding. My mom and I kept searched for someone to take his place. Happy to help, Michael (Wedding Music Charleston) offered his DJ services. He immediately got on the phone with me and helped me get things in order. When I was unsure of what music or when to do certain things, he helped and gave suggestions. At the reception, he had the crowd pumped! He would reach out to myself or the groom to see if we wanted anything and ask how we thought things were going. They also took videos during the reception. He even stopped by the venue the day before during reception to meet us and view the venue. We are so grateful for him and his company! He was very kind, attentive, and fun! This company has great prices and won't let you down! Planning a wedding can be stressful especially if you're planning during COVID-19, but he helped reassure us that things would be great! He went above and beyond to make our big day special! I will recommend this company to anyone and will use him next time I need a DJ.

Sent on 07/22/2020

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Allie, It was an honor to help you in this difficult time. Your DJ, Sinclair Ray, was an old friend of mine and I was as shocked and saddened as you were about his passing. Though you did not realize this before you contacted me I believe God led you to me so that I could lend a hand and I was happy to help. Our thoughts and prayers are for his family and yours. It was a beautiful event at the new venue (Pineland Place- Moncks Corner SC) and you have a lovely family. Thank you again for the opportunity to help you . Michael

Drew Cash · Married on 06/05/2020

Made our big day Great!!!

From start to finish, we felt that we had music covered and were comfortable knowing that Michael would take care of all our music needs. Michael sent over a VERY detailed spreadsheet for us to fill out with all the times for events and each and every detail for music that we wanted. If we didn't know specifically what we wanted, we could just put down general music themes and Michael had them covered perfectly on the big day. He was prompt, professional, a great MC, and always responsive. He has all the sound/PA equipment you'll need and you can rest easy having them run the music for your wedding! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Emily Kneipp · Married on 04/04/2020

Personal and quick!

Wedding Music Charleston was the only dj I met with because of the raving reviews and they were right! I spoke to Michael almost immediately after my inquiry and he was extremely helpful and ensure my wedding will fit me and my fiancé’s needs. I live out of state and he was sure to accommodate my music and financial needs. His staff is also driving 2 hours to Pawleys Island for my big day. I can’t wait to dance the night away with the hired DJ of the group, Earl!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Emily,
    We are excited as well. :) Earl will take excellent care of you and your guests.
    I am confidant that this will be a magical event!
    Michael Peifer- 843-442-2525
  • Angelie

Angelie Anton · Married on 03/10/2020

Great last minute decision!

Wedding Music Charleston was the best decision we could've made for our wedding! We almost decided to go without a DJ altogether and then we found a package that suited our budget. Michael wanted to make sure we had the best day ever so he worked within our budget to make sure we had all of the aspects we wanted for our wedding. He even got some footage of our wedding which is SO valuable to us since we couldn't afford a videographer. Thanks Wedding Music Charleston for being willing to work with our budget and for helping me plan a wedding that was 4,000 miles away!

Sent on 03/17/2020

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Angelie, It was such a great pleasure and an honor to assist with your wedding. The fact that you are a teacher and Jonathan is in our US Air Force means a lot to us here at Wedding Music Charleston. We are happy to help make your day magical! Michael D Peifer, Owner- Wedding Music Charleston

Gabrielle Rafferty · Married on 02/29/2020

Leap Year Wedding

If I could give 10 stars I would. We used Wedding Music Charleston for our Leap Year Wedding and I couldn't have asked for anything better. For starters, I had no idea what I was doing (I am not a wedding planner by any means) and Michael was extremely patient with me and helped guide everything in the right direction! And our wedding/reception day was AMAZING. And I would recommend them/him to anyone who needs music for their Wedding/event! And he tolerated our crazy guests! Literally cannot thank yall enough!
    -The Rafferty's

Sent on 03/10/2020
  • Jaellene

Jaellene · Married on 02/23/2020

Absolutely hands down a MUST HIRE!!!!

Michael with Wedding Music Charleston made our wedding day an absolute dream! He understands the stress placed on couples when planning a wedding, and he truly tries to help any way he can. He really makes himself available at all times and works with your schedule to make sure that the music aspect of your wedding day is something that you do not need to worry about. Michael was with us every step of the way when planning the wedding and he could not have made it any smoother of a transition for our day.
    Not to mention the music selection was SPOT ON. He had EVERYONE dancing! From my grandparents to the little children- he had the whole dance floor moving! The variety of music and the timing of when they were played was absolutely perfect.
    OH. And did I mention that he took amazing pictures/videos on that day as well?! I mean he truly does it all!
    Do yourself and your significant other a favor and book Wedding Music Charleston and rest assured that this will be one thing you will definitely NOT have to stress any more about during your planning.

Sent on 03/03/2020
  • W

Watts · Married on 12/10/2019

Best DJ Ever

This man is simply the best. Little more can or needs to be said; he is extremely professional, went above and beyond, took special care and direction for our special day that truly elevated the event. Somethings are essential to a wedding, somethings cannot go wrong and Mr. Peifer not only delivered but exceeded every expectation. He and his team care about you and making sure your day is special, and after all isn't that what we are looking for in venders for our special days?

Sent on 01/31/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 12/01/2019

Charleston Wedding

Michael did an amazing job at our wedding. He was so professional and available to meet anytime I wanted to leading up to the wedding. He was very prompt setting up and very detail oriented. We spoke the week of the wedding and hammered out details and everything went very smoothly the day of the wedding. Couldn’t be happier. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Katie

Katie Nardi · Married on 11/16/2019

Incredible!!!!

After choosing a date and a venue, picking a DJ was the first thing that I did. Michael was amazing from the very beginning. I found him through a wedding planning app, inquired and he responded and gave me a quick call to follow-up all in an hour. The planning process was so simple and organized, which made it easier on my husband and I when we had other vendors to juggle.

On the day of our outdoor wedding, it was an unseasonal 40 degrees, pouring rain and very windy. It was not the idea situation and it was plan B all the way! Michael was so great in helping us to rearrange the timeline in order for things to run smoothly and to keep our guests dry. Nothing went as planned, but he actually kept me calm because he was flexible and understanding of the situation.

When it came time for the dance floor to open, despite the weather, Michael kept everyone moving the entire night! We ended up having a full dance floor until the very last second. The music was perfect. The formal dances went off without a hitch. The introductions and speeches were well organized. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ and we're so glad that we chose Wedding Music Charleston. I'd give them 10 stars if we could! Thank you, Michael, for everything!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Working with amazing clients makes our job a pleasure, no matter the weather conditions. :) The wedding was absolutely lovely and the dance party was epic! Thank you so much for trusting us with your perfect day. Michael
  • Jessica

Jessica Gray · Married on 11/08/2019

Everything we hoped for!

We had our wedding on November 8, 2019 and had Michael come play acoustic music for our ceremony and our reception. It was all perfect! My guests are still talking about him and how good he was and asking for a CD to play at home! He played many different songs we loved that catered to so many different ages in our party. We couldn’t have had a better music choice for our day and you won’t go home sad if you have Michael come play for your day!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Jessica,
    It was such an amazing day! The weather was beautiful and being the very last wedding at McCrady's was a truly special event! You family was so much fun and I am thankful to have been a part of your magical occasion. :)
    Michael D Peifer
    PS- Here is our "Love of Charleston" song that they wanted a copy of. Feel free to download if you like. :)

Elyssa St.pierre · Married on 11/07/2019

Best DJ in Charleston

Michael was amazing! Highly recommend! Kept the night going smoothly and helped the wedding planner stay on track with the timeless. Great with Ques on when to end songs. Out of all the Vendors I had I would say MICHAEL was the one that I didn’t have to worry about. I was a very particular bride and found myself correcting everyone else but MICHAEL was perfect. Save yourself some worry and book him for your wedding!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Elyssa! It was an amazing event and a beautiful day. I am honored to have been a part of it.
    Blessings for your future together!
    Michael D Peifer

Arielle · Married on 11/02/2019

Awesome Wedding DJ!!

Wedding Music Charleston did an amazing job as DJ at my wedding, and I would hire them again in a heart beat. Michael, the owner of the company and who ended up working my wedding, is definitely a seasoned pro. Not only did he rock the music portion of my wedding, he also had a lot of good general advice to pass along. Michael was professional, flexible, very responsive, and went above and beyond!!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/13/2019

Run to book them now!

Wedding Music Charleston did an incredible job for my wedding. They executed ceremony music, a live band and DJ. They made our wedding so special! Michael has been a pleasure to work with leading up to the big day and has been very professional and helpful. I can not recommend them enough!! Run to book them now. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Jenny Culbreth · Married on 10/12/2019

Mother of groom

Great music, very professional, a real mistro in helping the reception flow seamlessly.

Sent on 11/24/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you Jenny! It was a beautiful location on St Helena's Island and all of the family and guests were wonderful to work with! Blessings for the amazing couple- I am sure they will be happy for many many years to come! Michael D Peifer

Breann Moore · Married on 09/14/2019

Best DJ around town.

I had my wedding on 9-14-19 and the DJ Gregg was absolutely amazing. I had met with owner Michael, prior to wedding to go over and review everything I wanted and needed to make the day special. He was booked for that day but had his partner Gregg available. I put my faith in Michael knowing I would still have a perfect reception and DJ. Met with Gregg a week before wedding and he was awesome! The day of, went so smoothly and Gregg took control and made it to where I could relax and just enjoy the night. He kept everybody on their feet and dancing. Gregg is so pleasant to be around and super friendly. Gregg and Michael are top notch and I’m so blessed to have found them and booked with them to make my reception so fun! Price is very reasonable for the quality of work done. I recommend them to anybody looking for a professional and friendly DJ. Thank you Michael and Gregg

Sent on 09/29/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Breann!
    Meeting you and your family was a true pleasure and we were so happy to be able to help with your perfect day. :)
    Blessings from Wedding Music Charleston for your future together!
    Michael D Peifer, Owner
    Wedding Music Charleston

Connie Elliget · Married on 08/12/2019

Most unforgettable and memorable day of our life.

Thank you so much for making our wedding (Medicine Wind Farm on December 8 2019) the most memorable day of our life. We couldn't have chosen a better DJ for our ceremony/reception, you were fun to work with and helped make our Love Story unforgettable. Michael Peifer went out of his way (which wasn't expected but very much appreciated) by offering to give the Blessing before dinner, easing my daughter nerves when she sang our first dance song live with her boyfriend playing the guitar and giving us pictures/short video (which I'm super excited to see soon) of our wedding. This just shows that you not only love/enjoy/take pride in what you do but you give back to your clients (Bride & Groom) with excepting nothing in return. Because sometimes the smallest things people do means the most.
    Everyone had a great time on the dance floor including myself (as if you couldn't tell lol) you did such an amazing job! You not only brought music to the air and kept us on schedule, you also joined us on the dance floor with some great dance moves, which we are still talking about.
    Michael we're truly blessed and appreciative of your top notch service and have already started recommending you and "Wedding Music Charleston" for upcoming events.
    Honestly I usually don't give reviews because I look at it as everyone has good/bad experiences (which probably has a lot more to the story which isn't told, and the company doesn't get to see or respond to it before it's posted but has to live with that review) but I look at it as "I hired a company for a service and I except them to do what they were hired for.... period. Plus people just don't have time, in the world we live in these days. But it's very rare to come across a company that goes out far beyond that they were hired to do, just to make the most important day, stress free and making it the most memorable day of their lives and I can say with no hesitations that's exactly what Michael Peifer with Wedding Music Charleston gave to not only for my Husband and I but everyone that came out to celebrated our Wedding.
    If I could give more stars then 5 I definitely would....
    Thank you Michael Peifer and Erin Jackson (his daughter) for being a big part of making all my hopes and dreams come true. God Bless you all and thank you for everything..
    Mr & Mrs Elliget
    12/8/2019

Sent on 12/20/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Connie, What an absolutely beautiful and unexpected review! We love our clients and when we have the opportunity to work with amazing people it makes the magic so much easier! Working with you was a real pleasure and a blessing. Thank you so much for everything. I pray that you life together is filled with thousands of magical days! Michael
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Metts · Married on 02/02/2019

Mizzell Wedding at Pepper Plantation

We had our weeding at Pepper Plantation in Awendaw with the wedding outside and the reception inside. This vendor was very well organized and offered everything you need or want to make your special day just perfect! They were able to put a microphone on the pastor and the musicians so that all of the ceremony could be caught on our video. They also made everything throughout the reception have a fantastic flow. They offered a wide variety of music that kept the dance floor full for the entire event...THANKS WEDDING MUSIC CHARLESTON FOR MAKING IT AN UNFORGETABLE DAY!!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much! What a lovely event and amazing family. It was a blessing to be a part of this wedding. :)
    Here are some videos and photos I took of the event myself. I am sure the professional videographer and photographer have some amazing footage of this beautiful wedding! https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Zb1AI66Kre-7Qx6-IOQf0p54J2LJO7Q
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 01/12/2019

Great Job!!

Michael did a great job reaching out to us quickly. He is very knowledgeable about his field and extremely organized. He was easy to get ahold of and made our day come to life!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Nathan Smith · Married on 12/28/2018

One of the best in the business

Michael and Wedding Music Charleston were outstanding. I'm so glad that we went with them for our wedding DJ services. He's professional, and it's clear that he's experienced because he really knows his stuff. He was able to provide helpful advice and guidance in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and was able to clearly communicate what he needed from us to make sure that our wedding music and dances went perfectly. Even on the day of the wedding, he was easy to find and talk to if there were any last-minute updates to the schedule or announcements to make to our guests. The only thing that I noticed that seemed like a minor difficulty is that he may take a few days to respond to emails. You might like quicker responses and assurance to avoid too much stress in your wedding planning, but the response time is completely understandable knowing that he's busy and has several events on his schedule. I would definitely recommend Michael and Wedding Music Charleston to anyone looking to music or DJ services for any special event! Their prices, performance, and helpfulness are unmatched.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Nathan, Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly enjoyed working with you and your family. My sincere apologies for any delays in responding to questions you may have had. My Father is elderly and my son is in his first year in the Marine Corps so 2018 was certainly a busy time. I will be sure to be more prompt in the future. I never want my clients to feel stressed. Blessings for your family!

Lauren Tracy · Married on 12/15/2018

Coordinating

Kept the dance floor rocking!!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you Lauren, it was an absolute pleasure working with you at Alhambra Hall. Excellent coordination and the venue was lovely!