Wedding Music Charleston Reviews

Wedding Music Charleston 5
  • Stacie

Stacie Mclamb · Getting married on 07/10/2020

10/10 would hire again!

Michael is the best! He is more than a DJ-when I hired him, I felt like I had a wedding planner as well. He is so experienced with weddings and timing and read the crowd extremely well. I am not a very intense person, and his relaxed and positive attitude was exactly what I needed. You can trust him to get the job done without having to make it a stressful experience. He had plenty of suggestions when we needed them but let us take the reigns if and where we wanted to. One of my favorite things about Michael was that he allows you to make Spotify playlists and add him when you are ready. This was SO much easier than keeping track of a list of songs we wanted and allowed us to just continue adding to that playlist as we heard songs throughout the year planning. Before the wedding, he called me to go over the details and asked specific questions on what not to play and how much freedom we wanted him to have based off the list we gave him. Also, he offered to stay as long as we wanted to pay him, which was awesome because I was not into the hard cut-off time for music if we wanted to keep it going. My friends have been texting us that it was the most fun they have had at a wedding. We danced the entire time! 10/10 would hire again!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Drew Cash · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Made our big day Great!!!

From start to finish, we felt that we had music covered and were comfortable knowing that Michael would take care of all our music needs. Michael sent over a VERY detailed spreadsheet for us to fill out with all the times for events and each and every detail for music that we wanted. If we didn't know specifically what we wanted, we could just put down general music themes and Michael had them covered perfectly on the big day. He was prompt, professional, a great MC, and always responsive. He has all the sound/PA equipment you'll need and you can rest easy having them run the music for your wedding! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Emily Kneipp · Getting married on 04/04/2020

Personal and quick!

Wedding Music Charleston was the only dj I met with because of the raving reviews and they were right! I spoke to Michael almost immediately after my inquiry and he was extremely helpful and ensure my wedding will fit me and my fiancé’s needs. I live out of state and he was sure to accommodate my music and financial needs. His staff is also driving 2 hours to Pawleys Island for my big day. I can’t wait to dance the night away with the hired DJ of the group, Earl!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Emily,
    We are excited as well. :) Earl will take excellent care of you and your guests.
    I am confidant that this will be a magical event!
    Michael Peifer- 843-442-2525
  • Jessica

Jessica Gray · Married on 11/08/2019

Everything we hoped for!

We had our wedding on November 8, 2019 and had Michael come play acoustic music for our ceremony and our reception. It was all perfect! My guests are still talking about him and how good he was and asking for a CD to play at home! He played many different songs we loved that catered to so many different ages in our party. We couldn’t have had a better music choice for our day and you won’t go home sad if you have Michael come play for your day!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Jessica,
    It was such an amazing day! The weather was beautiful and being the very last wedding at McCrady's was a truly special event! You family was so much fun and I am thankful to have been a part of your magical occasion. :)
    Michael D Peifer
    PS- Here is our "Love of Charleston" song that they wanted a copy of. Feel free to download if you like. :)

Elyssa St.pierre · Married on 11/07/2019

Best DJ in Charleston

Michael was amazing! Highly recommend! Kept the night going smoothly and helped the wedding planner stay on track with the timeless. Great with Ques on when to end songs. Out of all the Vendors I had I would say MICHAEL was the one that I didn’t have to worry about. I was a very particular bride and found myself correcting everyone else but MICHAEL was perfect. Save yourself some worry and book him for your wedding!

Sent on 11/16/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Elyssa! It was an amazing event and a beautiful day. I am honored to have been a part of it.
    Blessings for your future together!
    Michael D Peifer

Arielle · Married on 11/02/2019

Awesome Wedding DJ!!

Wedding Music Charleston did an amazing job as DJ at my wedding, and I would hire them again in a heart beat. Michael, the owner of the company and who ended up working my wedding, is definitely a seasoned pro. Not only did he rock the music portion of my wedding, he also had a lot of good general advice to pass along. Michael was professional, flexible, very responsive, and went above and beyond!!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/13/2019

Run to book them now!

Wedding Music Charleston did an incredible job for my wedding. They executed ceremony music, a live band and DJ. They made our wedding so special! Michael has been a pleasure to work with leading up to the big day and has been very professional and helpful. I can not recommend them enough!! Run to book them now. You won’t regret it!

Wedding Music Charleston 6
    Wedding Music Charleston 7
    Wedding Music Charleston 8
    Wedding Music Charleston 9
    Wedding Music Charleston 10
    Sent on 10/16/2019

Jenny Culbreth · Married on 10/12/2019

Mother of groom

Great music, very professional, a real mistro in helping the reception flow seamlessly.

Wedding Music Charleston 11
    Sent on 11/24/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you Jenny! It was a beautiful location on St Helena's Island and all of the family and guests were wonderful to work with! Blessings for the amazing couple- I am sure they will be happy for many many years to come! Michael D Peifer

Breann Moore · Married on 09/14/2019

Best DJ around town.

I had my wedding on 9-14-19 and the DJ Gregg was absolutely amazing. I had met with owner Michael, prior to wedding to go over and review everything I wanted and needed to make the day special. He was booked for that day but had his partner Gregg available. I put my faith in Michael knowing I would still have a perfect reception and DJ. Met with Gregg a week before wedding and he was awesome! The day of, went so smoothly and Gregg took control and made it to where I could relax and just enjoy the night. He kept everybody on their feet and dancing. Gregg is so pleasant to be around and super friendly. Gregg and Michael are top notch and I’m so blessed to have found them and booked with them to make my reception so fun! Price is very reasonable for the quality of work done. I recommend them to anybody looking for a professional and friendly DJ. Thank you Michael and Gregg

Sent on 09/29/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much Breann!
    Meeting you and your family was a true pleasure and we were so happy to be able to help with your perfect day. :)
    Blessings from Wedding Music Charleston for your future together!
    Michael D Peifer, Owner
    Wedding Music Charleston
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Metts · Married on 02/02/2019

Mizzell Wedding at Pepper Plantation

We had our weeding at Pepper Plantation in Awendaw with the wedding outside and the reception inside. This vendor was very well organized and offered everything you need or want to make your special day just perfect! They were able to put a microphone on the pastor and the musicians so that all of the ceremony could be caught on our video. They also made everything throughout the reception have a fantastic flow. They offered a wide variety of music that kept the dance floor full for the entire event...THANKS WEDDING MUSIC CHARLESTON FOR MAKING IT AN UNFORGETABLE DAY!!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much! What a lovely event and amazing family. It was a blessing to be a part of this wedding. :)
    Here are some videos and photos I took of the event myself. I am sure the professional videographer and photographer have some amazing footage of this beautiful wedding! https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Zb1AI66Kre-7Qx6-IOQf0p54J2LJO7Q
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 01/12/2019

Great Job!!

Michael did a great job reaching out to us quickly. He is very knowledgeable about his field and extremely organized. He was easy to get ahold of and made our day come to life!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Nathan Smith · Married on 12/28/2018

One of the best in the business

Michael and Wedding Music Charleston were outstanding. I'm so glad that we went with them for our wedding DJ services. He's professional, and it's clear that he's experienced because he really knows his stuff. He was able to provide helpful advice and guidance in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and was able to clearly communicate what he needed from us to make sure that our wedding music and dances went perfectly. Even on the day of the wedding, he was easy to find and talk to if there were any last-minute updates to the schedule or announcements to make to our guests. The only thing that I noticed that seemed like a minor difficulty is that he may take a few days to respond to emails. You might like quicker responses and assurance to avoid too much stress in your wedding planning, but the response time is completely understandable knowing that he's busy and has several events on his schedule. I would definitely recommend Michael and Wedding Music Charleston to anyone looking to music or DJ services for any special event! Their prices, performance, and helpfulness are unmatched.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Nathan, Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly enjoyed working with you and your family. My sincere apologies for any delays in responding to questions you may have had. My Father is elderly and my son is in his first year in the Marine Corps so 2018 was certainly a busy time. I will be sure to be more prompt in the future. I never want my clients to feel stressed. Blessings for your family!

Lauren Tracy · Married on 12/15/2018

Coordinating

Kept the dance floor rocking!!!

Wedding Music Charleston 12
    Sent on 12/17/2018

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

Thank you Lauren, it was an absolute pleasure working with you at Alhambra Hall. Excellent coordination and the venue was lovely!

Courtney Headen · Married on 12/15/2018

Best DJ We Could Ask For!

I cannot say enough good things about Michael and Wedding Music Charleston! Our wedding was more than I could have dreamed of and a lot of that had to do with him! The music kept the party going all night and our guests continue to comment about how great of a job he did.
    Michael is so helpful, he sends a detailed spreadsheet where he has you select a song for every part of the day--and if you don't have a preference, he chooses something that works wonderfully. I really appreciated that he set up a phone conversation for the week of to go over final details, it made me feel like he really cared and prepared for your big day.
    And best of all, his pricing cannot be beat for what you get! If you make any decision for your wedding, choose Michael and Wedding Music Charleston (you won't regret it)!

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Susan

Susan Day · Married on 11/11/2018

Mother of the Bride Susan Day

Michael was amazing and even pronounced the couple’s last name correctly! Schisselbauer! That alone was worth FIVE STARS! He got everyone dancing and everyone had a blast! Don’t look any more, just call Michael and book it! You won’t regret it. Can’t wait to see the pictures and video he took! Made our day extra special. Wish I could upload the video of my daughter dancing. Tender.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Wedding Music Charleston's reply:

It was an amazing event! Lovely family and beautiful venue (Boone Hall Cotton Dock) https://galleries.page.link/LzK9U
  • Richelle

Richelle · Married on 10/20/2018

Best DJ Out There!!!!!!!

Michael’s DJ services are the epitome of 5/5 stars. Guy is incredibly down to earth and checked in with us the whole way through the wedding. He is not “just a DJ”. He uses his experience in the wedding industry to make sure your big day is going as scheduled along with offering his top notch DJ service. He acted as a coordinator throughout the entire process letting us know what works well and what does not work well for our venue. If it was not for Michael, our day would not have been absolutely perfect. Also, we cannot go without saying his pricing is also reasonable and justifiable. If you want the best total deal for your wedding, talk with Michael immediately!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 10/13/2018

Katie Hurt

Happy bride!! He did an amazing job at our wedding at Alhambra Hall. Reasonable prices, responsive, caring, the guests loved all of the music, a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Jennifer · Married on 08/11/2018

Michael was an absolute joy to work with. He is professional, intuitive, and extremely talented. For our first dance song, we decided to each choose a song and not tell each other. Michael blended the two together seamlessly and edited mine exactly the way I wanted it with very little instruction. During the cocktail hour and reception, we decided to make some changes to our timeline, entering earlier and cutting some things we had originally planned. This was no problem at all for Michael, he effortlessly went with the flow. There is so much happening on your wedding day - if you want to feel 100% confident that your DJ has you covered, Michael with Wedding Music Charleston is the guy for you!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Jaison · Married on 07/06/2018

Amazing DJ! Michael knows how to get the party started and connects with the crowd. Our families are from two different parts of the world and somehow Michael was able to find a balance for both families to enjoy their time! He has done plenty of weddings and we extremely recommend him no matter the event. Thanks Michael again for such a great time and the pictures you took were amazing!

Wedding Music Charleston 13
    Sent on 07/10/2018

Cathy · Married on 07/01/2018

Michael was AWESOME and really helped us put on one "rocking reception"!!! Michael even surprised us with a highlight video capturing beautiful moments and putting them to music. Our experience with Wedding Music Charleston (from beginning to end) was truly an exceptional one and we would recommend to anyone!!!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Mary · Married on 07/01/2018

I'm an event planner who had the pleasure of working with and hiring Michael Peifer, the owner of Wedding Music Charleston for a July wedding at the Westin Resort and Spa in Hilton Head, SC. Michael is an absolute JOY to work with. His calm, professional demeanor, friendly personality and phenomenal customer service are truly exceptional. His attention to detail is remarkable, making the planning process incredibly smooth. He was always one step ahead of us, anticipating our every need -- offering creative suggestions and recommendations based on his thorough knowledge of music, logistics and event timelines. Michael tackled each one of our requests with warm dedication and a smile. He exceeded our expectations on every level servicing not only me, but the bride and groom, families and wedding guests. He created an incredible ambiance setting the tone with top notch sound equipment, emceeing, music and lighting. As a HUGE bonus, he surprised us by taking video of different portions of the reception, capturing incredible moments including first dances and then providing the raw footage and creating a compilation video. He is one of the most gifted DJ's I've ever had the pleasure of working with and has earned my business for years to come. We are beyond grateful and blessed to have had the opportunity to work with Michael -- he is an absolute ROCKSTAR and his expertise and service directly contributed to creating a dream wedding!

Sent on 07/16/2018

George · Married on 06/28/2018

We had such a good wedding! We couldn’t have been any happier. Michael did such a good job. Thanks so much again!

Wedding Music Charleston 14
    Sent on 06/30/2018
  • Z

Zackery · Married on 06/02/2018

DJ made the night so enjoyable worked with us every step of the way. 10 out of 10. We highly recommended Michael!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Courtney · Married on 06/02/2018

Michael made our wedding exactly what we wanted! He worked with us every step of the way. Amazing performance and a great price! He got everyone the dance floor and did a phenomenal job at introducing the wedding party, dances, and speeches. He is truly amazing at what he does! Thank you Michael once again! You ROCK! Everyone was really impressed!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Rotchelle · Married on 04/08/2018

We got married last June 28, 2018 at Alhambra Hall, Mt. Pleasant, SC. Michael was AMAZING! A GREAT DJ that comes with a GOOD PERSONALITY. He was VERY PROFESSIONAL and know exactly what he do and what the client wants. He is very punctual and very responsive to our messages, you will really get what you paid for. He and his website were very very helpful and will guide in some of the wedding stuff. We were very grateful that we picked the best dj in town! Thank you very much for bringing joy to our wedding! More power and God bless Michael!

Wedding Music Charleston 15