94 Reviews for Wedding Music Charleston

One Event Per Day (6)
Liability Insurance (1)
Uplighting (1)
76 Wedding Music Charleston Reviews

Michael made our wedding exactly what we wanted! He worked with us every step of the way. Amazing performance and a great price! He got everyone the dance floor and did a phenomenal job at introducing the wedding party, dances, and speeches. He is truly amazing at what he does! Thank you Michael once again! You ROCK! Everyone was really impressed!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Michael is a true professional-from the initial planning stages through the reception. He was extremely flexible and helped keep things moving-special dances, cake cutting, bouquet throwing, the last dance and exit, etc. I highly recommend Wedding Music Charleston!

Photo for Wedding Music Charleston Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Margaret, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

My perspective as Father of the Bride....As pretty much everyone knows, weddings can be very stressful for everyone involved. Michael Peifer and Wedding Music Charleston made the day so much easier and enjoyable. Using experienced gained from countless weddings, Michael was able to give very helpful advice and suggestions to my Wife and Daughter as they were planning the whole event. Michael's performance was during the reception was both professional and entertaining. I highly recommend Wedding Music Charleston ! Feel free to contact me with questions if you wish. bill.whittaker@usa.com

Profile Picture William, 3/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Lighting & Decor

Michael went above and beyond my expectations to make sure my wedding and reception were all I dreamed about. He worked with the other vendors to make sure everything went smoothly. He totally surprised me playing the recession song acoustic and singing it instead of playing it through his music selection. I recommend him to anyone I come across who mention a party or engagement! He is truly professional and knows how to choreograph a perfect wedding!! Thank you Michael!

Profile Picture Christine and Keith, 11/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Entertainer

I am so happy we decided to book Michael as the DJ for our wedding. We got married at an outdoor venue, Pelican Watch Pavilion, and I really wanted someone who knew the venue and knew what it would take to still provide great music out there! Michael did just that!! He arrived early and made sure everything was set up on time. The music was great!! Everyone kept commenting how amazing the music was and he made sure the dance floor was full all night. Michael was so easy to work with, always available either by email or for a quick phone call. He was able to help with the timeline for the day and ensure that everything was covered! I highly recommend Michael!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Emily, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

From day one through the wedding we could not have asked for better response time, consideration, guidance or professionalism. They can pull off anything--important to note is that they can be as upbeat or more laid back as you want. We were in our sixties, but love music from all genres. Gregg was awesome, professional, and engaging. He did everything we asked for and more. Truly, once you find them, look no further. Thanks guys for making our wedding so fabulous--everyone loved you!

Profile Picture Debbie, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

If you are considering booking Michael...DO IT! Everybody at my wedding was complimenting the music and the band had everyone on the dance floor the whole night. From the very beginning Michael was responsive and easy to work with. A month or so before the wedding, I got his spreadsheet that broke down the music and made it super easy to pick songs. At the wedding he was always in communication with me and made last minute changes without a hitch. He even learned a song for our last dance and performed it so well I teared up for the first time at the wedding. And to top it all off he is super reasonably priced! I got quotes from so many different bands that were double or triple his prices and they didn't come close to offering the range of services he provides. Do not hesitate to book him because he will make all the difference at your wedding. And, if you're like me and really want live music, go ahead and book the whole band because they will blow your guests away!!!
Thank you so much Michael for making my wedding so special.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Erika, 10/14/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Michael is certainly a well rounded talent in the music industry. His skill as a singer and musician as well as a wedding Dj is certainly at the professional level. He loves to share his knowledge with others in the industry and I'm proud to have him as not only a fellow Dj but as a friend. CDJA is proud to have him as a leader in our local group.

Profile Picture Skip, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

We had Michael DJ for our wedding June 24, 2017. We absolutely enjoyed every part of his service. Was extremely patient with us and made sure our night went every way we wanted. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Melissa , 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was our dj for our wedding back in June 2017. He was amazing and so fun! My family doesn't usually dance but everybody was dancing the entire time and its all thanks to him. He really listened to our preferences and made sure everybody was having a great time!

Profile Picture Christa, 6/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Our experience with Michael was amazing!! Right from the beginning, he was extremely responsive and provided suggestions even before we'd booked. Our wedding location had some unique challenges since it was outside (Pelican Watch Pavilion on Folly Beach), but Michael knew exactly how he'd set up and make sure things went smoothly. We were on a budget so I did all the planning myself and out of all our vendors, Michael was the most helpful in helping me create the perfect wedding timeline that would work for our venue. I also really appreciated his suggestions for music. On the day of the wedding, everything was perfect! From the ceremony to the first dance to the dance floor, everything was exactly as we'd planned it. He even coordinated with an important out-of-town guest to allow him to give a speech despite not being able to be there. Michael has a way of making sure everything's going ok and checking in the perfect amount without interfering with the reception. He always knew the perfect song to play and was able to keep the dance party going. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to book Michael again. Thank you for being such an important part of our big day!!!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: One Event Per Day

We got married on Memorial Day weekend at Medicine Wind Farm and booked Michael late in the game; but better late than never and what a great decision this was! He is a seasoned wedding music professional and it shows. Along with our contract we received an entire music timeline of our wedding and were asked to pick songs for everything. He gave super helpful tips as in how to complete the form, what to watch out for, playlists, guidelines, you name it! He had a very in depth conversation about the finalized timeline with us the week before the wedding, which was great. We booked Michael as DJ for music at our ceremony site including mics for pastor, groom, readings etc, music at reception and party including dance floor lighting. One of the most important things to us for our wedding day was for our guests to enjoy themselves, have fun and dance. Mike, mission accomplished! Our guests are STILL talking about how much fun they had dancing the night away and they loved the music and DJ! Everyone had a blast and there’s not much more you can ask for as the host of a wedding. Thank you for being an awesome vendor and so easy and great to work with! I highly recommend booking Michael. Our wedding was featured on Southern Bride’s Real Weddings and I am so excited for our vendors. They truly deserve it!

Profile Picture Eva, 5/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Michael D Peifer and his company Event Music Charleston was top notch from start to finish on our wedding day festivities. He was professional yet fun and the talent was great of he and his musicians. I have ZERO complaints or suggestions for he and his band, they were all incredible! We wanted to keep the party going and he obliged without a hitch and stayed over for over an hour playing music. I would recommend he and his company to everyone looking for talent, fun, and professionalism.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

As mother of the bride, I have to say that I heard so many complements from our guests about our choice of music! Michael played solo guitar for the ceremony, which I had never heard of before. It was absolutely beautiful! He also played and sang during happy hour (while we were doing pictures).
AND magically converted to full fledged announcer and DJ during the reception. Everyone just loved him! He's not that "loud, obnoxious, show hog, comedian-wannabe" DJ you've seen at other weddings! He's very smooth and professional. He knew just what to play when! AND we will remember forever the Little Mermaid song he played for our daughter and her cousins. They wore out that VHS one summer at the beach. They had the entire movie memorized. When they heard that song at the reception they came from every direction to the dance floor to sing that song together. Good memories!! He said no one told him to play it.....he just knew because his daughter was crazy about the movie, too! Thank you, Michael, for your personal service. We feel like you are a member of our family! forever a fan!

Profile Picture candy, 4/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Michael Peifer, the owner of Wedding Music Charleston is top notch! He was the DJ for my wedding, and performed acoustic music for my ceremony. I was at a loss when it came to planning my timeline, and he helped me decide what would flow the best. He got my guests dancing at a morning brunch reception, which is impressive. His communication and material he provides you with is excellent. If you go to their website, they have links on venues, wedding tips, and so much more that goes above and beyond the services they specifically offer. That shows how much they care about helping make your wedding perfect. Michael and I talked on the phone and had an in-face meeting then another 30 minute conversation the week of the wedding to confirm details, which put me at ease. I got so many compliments on the song selections he played. Don't try to pick every single song played at your wedding. I promise, if you tell him the idea you are going for, he will deliver excellent entertainment. He managed to play my absolute favor types of songs, and I didn't even tell him. He has an extensive acoustic solo song list, as well as different band options. Wedding Music Charleston does it all! I would book them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 3/25/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Michael is amazing! Very professional, and easy to work with. He asked us to fill out a questionnaire before the wedding and we spoke with him multiple times to help him understand exactly what we were looking for in a DJ. He played the guitar and sang for cocktail hour and then DJed for the remainder of the reception. He played everything we asked for and was able to feel out the guests and play what he thought they would like. We had a very wide range age gap but everyone enjoyed the music and complimented on how accommodating and enjoyable the DJ was. Michael definitely helped make our wedding reception an evening to remember. Would definitely recommend Wedding Music Charleston! Thank you for a fabulous evening.

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 2/19/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Michael/Wedding Music Charleston was such an incredible choice for our wedding! We used their DJ services and from the moment we met all the way through until the very last song played at the wedding, Michael handled himself with professionalism and took care of all of our needs. We gave him a list of the songs we wanted played, and he played them. He also took note of the ones we didn't want, and did not play those. We were really excited to dance all night with our guests, and he made sure the dance floor was full all night long. Also, we really appreciated that he continued to check in with us (bride/groom) throughout the night. During cocktail hour, before the toasts, before we cut the cake, etc., Michael made sure everything was going according to what we wanted. He was flexible with us and still managed to play all our favorites even though we cut the reception 30 minutes shorter than what we had planned. I HIGHLY recommend Wedding Music Charleston for your event!

Profile Picture Keenan, 12/10/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Michael made our event remarkable! Everyone was out of their seats all night! I would highly recommend Wedding Music Charleston.

Profile Picture Kim, 11/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Michael was incredibly easy to work with and knew exactly what was I was looking for without having to explain. He delivered for our event as a flawless DJ. All of our members loved him and we will definitely be using him again in the future. If you are looking for an fantastic DJ that wont disappoint stop looking and book Wedding Music Charleston!!!!!

Profile Picture Jaime , 11/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

very responsive! showed up with plenty of time to see venue and set up. very professional with a desire to entertain the crowd.

Profile Picture User5491740, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Michael made our wedding night a breeze! He stayed in communication leading up to the event with a couple of scheduling/location changes we made and was always super understanding, friendly and accommodating. We had a 30 minute phone call a week before the wedding to go over final details, flow, and name pronunciations. I planned our whole wedding myself and I was so thankful for his expertise when he made suggestions to help our event flow better.

He was fully prepared and did an AMAZING job keeping the flow of the night going and keeping the dance floor packed. Played some of our suggested songs and did a great job feeling out the crowd! He even brought out some extra lighting that livened up the night even more. He's an excellent planner and entertainer! If you're debating on who to hire...book Michael. These reviews don't lie and he will work tirelessly to make your big day special, just like he did for us!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC

Michael did an amazing job! Being from MN and having the wedding in Charleston he worked close with us pre-wedding to make sure we were both on the same page. His sound system was clear and perfect, the music selection exactly the type we requested and he MC'd our special day like a pro by making it about us! Thanks Michael! Totally recommend you to anyone who ask because you are a true professional!

Profile Picture Mike, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Michael Pfeiffer is a great DJ and he did a great job communicating before, during and after the ceremony to help all things run smoothly. I would definitely recommend Wedding Music Charleston if you are having any type of event in the South East region. I expect them to be great for all events, not just weddings. Great value all around.

Profile Picture Justin, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Michael was great! He made the night perfect! The band was great and had all of our guests dancing the night away. I highly recommend them, they are great entertainers and affordable.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/6/16, 1 Review