Mark Bouras Reviews

27 | Manhattan Beach, CA

27 Reviews for Mark Bouras

Jeremy · Married on 03/10/2018

Wonderful repertoire of songs. Played beautifully. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 03/14/2018

Amanda · Married on 01/27/2018

Honestly, he was the easiest vendor we worked with. He did a fantastic job and was a great addition to our cocktail hour. The ladies loved him too!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Jordan · Married on 10/21/2017

Mark was amazing! He was very responsive, worked within our budget and killed it at the ceremony. My wife and I got very busy on the day of, and were difficult to get a hold of- Mark found his way around, and set up perfectly with little direction from us. The guy knows what he's doing for sure! Thanks Mark!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2017

We had a small and intimate garden wedding with 15 of our closest family and friends on October 8th. Mark played during our ceremony and reception. He was fantastic! He is an incredibly talented musician and played a variety of song genres. We had a particular song request for the ceremony and he played it perfectly. Communication was also a breeze. We cannot recommend him highly enough. If you are thinking about having someone play guitar at your event you need to stop looking and book Mark NOW!!!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Claire · Married on 09/10/2017

Mark was professional, timely, and played guitar beautifully for our wedding ceremony. He was flexible on the songs we chose and has an excellent song list to choose from in the first place. We were both very happy with his work and recommend him highly!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Rob · Married on 08/26/2017

Mark performed the music for our wedding ceremony and he did a fantastic job. We asked him to learn a song pretty last minute and he picked it up quickly and did an excellent job. I would highly recommend Mark for any job in the future!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Alexandra · Married on 07/29/2017

Mark is seriously the best for so many reasons. Let's start from the beginning:

I sent him an email with my phone number inquiring about his services. He got back to me through text message wishin MINUTES of me emailing him. He sent me videos of him playing, a list of songs he plays regularly, the price he charges and all of the sites containing his reviews. We set the date and he asked what time we wanted him there.

Leading up:
    Mark was very communicative and organized and confirmed ahead of time what songs we wanted played for processional, bridal entrance, exit, and cocktail hour. And then he super flexible when we were indecisive and constantly changed our minds up until the last minute.

Day of:
    Mark showed up on time, played everything perfectly, and many of our guests commented on how awesome he was and how refreshing yet elegant it was to have acoustic guitar playing at our wedding instead of violin or harp.

Bottom line:
    Mark is the best. His rate is affordable and well worth the money. HIRE HIM NOW. You won't regret it and your guests will thank you. And then you'll thank him.

Sent on 08/05/2017

Sydney · Married on 07/01/2017

Mark was amazing! I had the pleasure of working with him this past weekend for an event on July 1st. He was on time and very organized. I was very impressed and guests loved him, not to mention his music was beautiful. He definitely helped make the event a success. Thanks Mark!

Sent on 07/05/2017
  • F

Felicity · Married on 05/12/2017

Mark is an excellent guitarist with a great personality. He is warm, professional, and adaptable. He was able to accommodate a couple off script moments during the ceremony and enhanced them nicely.

Thank you, again Mark!

Sent on 05/16/2017
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 04/23/2017

Extremely professional and amazing music! Everyone talked about how great the music was and the energy he had the whole time. Mark was very professional and everything sounded great!! I still can't believe how good he is!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Annette · Married on 10/02/2015

Mark was wonderful to work with - very professional and flexible. I even had a last minute request for my daughter to sing a song during the ceremony and he made it happen!! A moment I will never forget!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Sharon · Married on 08/29/2015

I am a wedding planner and booked Mark for one of my August weddings and he was amazing!! He played for the cocktail hour and made it truly elegant with his beautiful music. He is definitely my go-to guitarist from now on. Thank you, Mark for your beautiful music and for being so wonderful to work with! Can't wait for our next event together! I highly recommend booking Mark for your event!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Sara · Married on 07/25/2015

We hired Mark to play guitar for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He was extremely flexible with special musical requests and very professional in every communication we had with him leading up to the event. He made our wedding day extra special, and we received so many compliments from our guests. If you are considering a solo musician for your wedding or other special event, I would highly recommend that you contact Mark Bouras.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Mark was responsible, on time, put together and very sweet. Most importantly, he is an incredible guitar player. He made our wedding so much more beautiful with his music and presence.

I would highly highly recommend him for any event.

Sent on 11/25/2014

Exactly what I wanted for my ceremony and cocktail hour!! Great guitarist.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Mark is a fabulous musician! He played everything and more (including flamenco) for our daughter's wedding and cocktail reception. We couldn't have been more pleased! He was easy to contact, and returned calls promptly. Was willing to learn new music, and wanted to please. He showed up early and was nicely dressed, and was a true professional in every way.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Cher · Married on 07/07/2014

Mark was GREAT! Reserving the date and completing the contract was easy and his fee was reasonable. We gave Mark free reign over the playlist for both the wedding and reception and he chose appropriately. Mark checked in with us the day before the event just to make sure everything was ok. On the day of the wedding he arrived in plenty of time to get set up and start playing as guests arrived, took cues and responded musically as the ceremony progressed, and played a fun set for the lunch and reception. The volume was good too - not too soft, not too loud. We were completely satisfied.

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • F

Frances · Married on 06/20/2014

I love his playing. Mark was very professional and polite He is super fast at responding to emails and has a large selection of music

Sent on 06/22/2014

Julie · Married on 06/14/2014

Mark was very professional and sounded great. He was timely and communicative and was dressed nice. He had a wide variety of music and a close friend of mine brought his trumpet and they played some songs together which sounded amazing. I would highly recommend Mark for great background music and no problems.

Sent on 06/15/2014

Amanda · Married on 04/12/2014

Mark arrived early to set up, when he started to play - the Wedding became real! His classical guitar playing is perfectly romantic for any Wedding. Mark played seamlessly and all the guests said how great it sounded. We definitely recommend him as a musician for any event, but especially a Wedding!

Sent on 04/15/2014

Brad · Married on 10/13/2012

We had a great experience with Mark. He played solo guitar for our ceremony and cocktail hour. He even learned requested songs with short notice. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/02/2012

Mark Bouras was very professional and timely to our event. He played classical guitar beautifully before our church ceremony started as guests were arriving and being seated. He is very talented!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Sam · event on: 03/28/2014

Very pleased with mark and will use him again

Sent on 04/04/2014

Lori · event on: 08/23/2014

Mark was very professional and was the first vendor set up and ready before the event started. His repertoire is broad and appealed to the breadth of tastes in our group. His talent and style greatly enhanced our event. Thanks, Mark.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Sue · event on: 11/16/2014

Mark was wonderful. He responded very quickly to my inquiry and it was extremely easy arranging for him to come play at my mom's birthday party.
    He showed up on time, played varied music from classical to soft rock & added the perfect touch to the day! I highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/23/2014