Wedding DJ VT Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Nancy
    Nancy F. Getting married on 07/06/2022

Evan was fantastic

The music at our wedding was awesome, thanks to Evan. He set up sound and a keyboard for our ceremony, and DJed the reception, expertly reading the crowd and got the whole room dancing.
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin P. Married on 09/02/2021

Best dance party ever!

We had Evan dj our wedding and I begged to get a link so I can write this review. We had a destination wedding, so every "meeting" was done over the phone or through email and the first time we met Evan was on our wedding day. My husband and I put together a list of songs we wanted to hear and he filled in the rest...the ENTIRE night the dance floor was packed. Almost every guest came up to us during the reception or reached out after the wedding, raving about the music and saying how they have never seen a dance floor packed from start to finish. He customized a song for me to walk down the aisle, had music playing during cocktail hour and dinner, and then brought the party with his two turntables. We never specified if we wanted guests to request songs, so when they did, Evan respectfully listened to them, but never put a song on; the requests had to come directly from my husband or myself and I was so appreciative of him doing so. We had a vision of the music to be played and he honored it to the fullest. Evan is of the highest caliber and we truly cannot express enough how valuable he is to your upcoming wedding.
  • Lauren
    Lauren L. Married on 06/05/2021

Best wedding DJ

Evan and Wedding DJ VT are awesome! We could not be more pleased with the music at our reception. Everyone was out on the dance floor all night and had an absolute blast - and what more could we have asked for! Evan was so communicative and easy going. He asked about music we liked and types of things we wanted to hear and he hit the nail right on the head. He is SO good at what he does. Not to mention, he is a wonderfully kind, laid back person. Due to COVID, we were very uncertain what our reception would look like, if there would be dancing, and how many people we would have. To say he was patient and supportive would be such an understatement. He worked with us through multiple scenarios and it was clear that he was invested in how the day turned out for us and making sure it would be fun regardless of what it looked like. I really cant recommend Evan and Wedding DJ VT enough!
    Rachel C. Married on 05/30/2021

Amazing party!!

Evan was amazing to work with!! We loved his approach to wedding DJ, great music without over MC-ing, chill vibe. We gave him just a few artists and genres we liked, then trusted him with the rest. He incorporated all of our requests, as well as built a party around them. He was mixing the songs on the spot and did amazing transitions between songs, it wasn't just a fade in and fade out. Our friends couldn't stop talking about how amazing he was!
    Matthew C. Married on 05/08/2021

Look no farther and choose Evan as your wedding DJ!

Let me start by saying Evan did such a great job with the music at our wedding, that not one...but two of our friends ripped their pants on the dance floor. If that's not the sign of a DJ who can bring it, I don't know what is.

My new wife's and my experience with Evan from wedding dj VT as our wedding DJ as phenomenal from beginning to end. From our initial phone call well before the wedding to the end of the reception Evan was kind, helpful, professional, accommodating, and an all around great guy. He truly knows the industry and the event and makes planning a completely seamless process. Every worry that my wife and I had that we thought we would forget Evan was way way ahead of us on and always had the answer.

He provided audio and mics for the ceremony and performed all those duties discretely as to not distract from it and then absolutely killed it with the reception as both MC and DJ. He even provided the necessary equipment for my uncle and cousin to play the music for the first dance with my mom. Not only did Evan do an awesome job mixing the music for the reception, but he also read the crowd fantastically, took all requests, and was super accommodating. We got an endless stream of complements about how the dancing at our reception was the most fun people have ever had at a wedding...it went on for hours.

If it wasn't clear already, if you're looking for a DJ in the Vermont area, we absolutely cannot recommend Evan enough. We are so glad we chose him for our day!
  • Matt
    Matt C. Married on 05/08/2021

Look no further and pick Evan for your wedding DJ!

• Cassandra
    Cassandra D. Married on 10/03/2020

Great to work with!

Evan was wonderful to work with! He was so responsive and flexible. He worked with our string trio, reader, and officiant to get everything appropriately mic'd for an outdoor ceremony. His music selections were spot on during the reception. Unfortunately, we couldn't have any dancing due to COVID, but everyone was commenting on how much they loved each song - so if there was dancing allow it would have been a dance party!
    Lucy Married on 10/19/2019

Simply the best!!!

Evan literally rocked our wedding. EVERYONE was dancing, and EVERYONE kept saying how perfect the music was. He made all age groups happy and excited to dance, didn't ever play something awkward or out of tune, and not surprisingly he crushed the after party as well! Thank you so much Evan! Truly the best!
    Nellie S. Married on 09/07/2019

Perfect dance party!

We are SO happy we went with Wedding DJ VT. Evan was so easy to work with – promptly responding to emails and getting us set up. Josh, the DJ who rocked our wedding, was beyond wonderful. He was friendly and easy going and kept a low profile during the reception. He was in touch numerous times prior to the wedding to make sure we were on the same page about the music. The dinner music was perfect background – not too loud and just the right vibe. Most importantly, he kept the dance floor packed all night – playing songs for our younger age group as well as favorites from our parents’ decades at seemingly just the right times. It couldn’t have been more flawless!!
    Sara B. Married on 08/24/2019

Best Vermont DJ - hands down!

We heard Evan playing at an event right after we got engaged in downtown Burlington. We loved the music he was playing and felt like he would be a great fit for our wedding. We love music and more importantly we love to dance - and so does our family! Evan was the best. From the moment we started working with him we felt comfortable and at ease with the process. Evan met with us a few times before the wedding to explain the process and talk to us about what we wanted for music. From ceremony music to cocktail hour to the dances with our parents to end of the night boogie, Evan nailed everything. He listened to us and put together music that may our day even more unforgettable than we could have imagined. Evan is courteous, kind, on time, flexible and overall a professional. We received so many compliments at our wedding and are still receiving them a month later about the music for the wedding and how great Evan was. You cannot go wrong with Evan! If we ever have another event we need music for, he will be our first call!
  • Ellen
    Ellen Married on 08/17/2019

Best Dance Party!

My husband and I could not have made a better choice for a DJ for our wedding reception. The music and dancing portion of our reception was super important to us as we are both into music and Evan/ Wedding DJ VT absolutely nailed it! From our first conversation, he was super friendly and easy to work with and was communicative and professional during the planning process and totally open to our various requests. For the day-of he was able to accommodate setting up in separate locations for the cocktail hour and dinner. We wanted the dance floor to be the focus of the reception after the meal and Evan did an awesome job keeping all ages on the dance floor for 3 full hours! We’ve had so many guests comment after the wedding on how awesome the DJ was and how they’ve never been to a wedding where everyone stayed on the dance floor all night! I would absolutely recommend Evan/Wedding DJ VT to anyone looking for an awesome DJ and great dance party!
  • Ally
    Ally Married on 07/27/2019

Perfect DJ for an amazing night!

When we got engaged the first vendor we booked was Evan! We had worked with him in the Burlington bar scene and knew first hand how incredible he is. He reads the room, gets the party going, and everyone stays on the dance floor! Coordinating and communicating with Evan was very easy- we met for drinks and discussed the "vibe" we wanted for our wedding, received advice about how to pick special verses for our first dance and parent dances, and discussed the timeline for the night. Evan is very detail-oriented, so even though we did not have our timeline 100% confirmed, we knew we could trust him to be flexible and keep up! He coordinated all of the sound for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and his work was flawless! Most of the guests wanted to step outside for sunset just as the dance portion of the evening was beginning, and Evan was able to go with the flow and then bring everyone back inside to keep the party going. We couldn't recommend him more- professional, friendly, flexible, and takes initiative!
    Alison P. Married on 07/13/2019

The Perfect DJ for Music Lovers

Evan is simply AMAZING. As music buffs, the selection of our DJ was one of the most important decisions we had to make during the wedding planning process. From the moment I met Evan, I knew he was going to be perfect. He got to know us and the type of vibe we were looking for for the wedding and delivered it in spades. The dance floor was never empty and I fully believe that it’s because of Evan our bar bill was lower than expected because everyone was too busy dancing! Not only did all my guests compliment him, but the other wedding vendors also remarked at what a great job he did. These are people that are at weddings every weekend, exposed to various DJs, and they all said they couldn’t wait to work with him again. If you want to ensure your music is on point, Evan is your guy!
    Linnea T. Married on 06/01/2019

excellent DJ

Dan DJ'd my daughters wedding and did an incredible job. He gave my daughter and son in law everything they asked for and the guests had a great time.
    James D. Married on 06/01/2019

The perfect DJ

Evan at Wedding DJ VT was everything we hoped for! Music is extremely important to me and my wife, and we decided that having a packed dance floor the whole night was one of the biggest goals for our wedding. Evan made sure that goal was accomplished and then some! All of our guests danced the night away, and were raving about the song choices in the following days. The highest compliment I can give you is that my feet, knees, and hips were on fire for the next two days!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 12/22/2018

Guests are still taking about how much fun!

We actually heard about Evan from another couple on a day we were showing our parents our wedding venue. They had just gotten married the night before and raved about Evan. We were sold! From the very beginning Evan was super responsive and created an atmosphere for our wedding that allowed everyone to have fun. During the planning he was so helpful, giving ideas without being pushy and really focused on what was important to us. In an industry where vendors can heavily sway you in one direction, it was refreshing to work with a professional that truly had our best interest at heart. Our wedding guests are still talking about how much fun they had which wouldn’t have been possible without Evan! Thank you!!
    Polly P. Married on 10/20/2018

The DJ for Dancers!

Holy moly - working with Evan from Wedding DJ VT was a pleasure! After my first chat with Evan on the phone I knew I'd found my DJ and all my wedding music stressors disappeared (FEELS GREAT!). Evan was so sweet, professional, and was clearly very experienced with all the right information and questions to ensure The Big Day moves smoothly. So, the planning was practically effortless, but the result on our wedding day was OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Not only did Evan have great equipment, but he knew right where to set up and worked with the event center staff (not wedding party) to make sure everything was on point. AND. THE. DANCING. I gave Evan a 10 must-play list and a number of artists we like to dance to and from that he made an AMAZING mix. And that was it - he actually MIXED all the songs together. We got to listen/dance to SO MUCH music because of this methodology. And when it was time to be announced, cut the cake, toss the bouquet, etc - Evan was there with a polite heads-up right on schedule. He's so worth the money - I cannot express how happy I was that we were lucky enough to get him! If you want a super-fun, relevant (but not all top 40) dance scene at your wedding and easy, stress-free planning, Wedding DJ VT is your JAM!
  • Maggie
    Maggie B. Married on 09/21/2018

Experienced, Music Loving DJ

Our decision to hire Evan was one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding reception. As avid music fans, we wanted a DJ who would not attempt to shape the dance floor with forced conga lines or constant announcements, but rather a DJ who could read the crowd and let the music do its job. Evan surpassed this desire. Not only did Evan take the time to meet with us in person and speak on the phone several times, but Evan traveled from Burlington to Lake Placid for our event. We did not make Evan’s job easy. Our wedding ceremony took place in a church, our cocktail hour in a boat house, and our reception in another dining room. Evan provided the music for all three of these portions of our day. He connected to two different systems in the church and then boathouse to provide music before and during the ceremony and during cocktail hour. He then moved up to the reception dining room to play music for the guests as they arrived from cocktail hour. He made announcements seamlessly as needed, but most importantly made amazing music choices. He included our requests tastefully, but is clearly experienced in his role. Evan kept the entire wedding on the dance floor from when dancing started until the reception ended. Our guests were requesting an encore from him. We are still hearing from guests about how much fun they had on the dance floor, and how much they loved the music. Evan was a pleasure to work with and really made our dreams come true!
    Michelle Married on 09/15/2018
    Jason was amazing and exceeded all of my expectation. The music was perfect and he was so helpful in designing the reception to go smoothly. The wedding would not have been the same without him.
    Madeline Married on 09/01/2018
    Evan was incredible. He played music throughout the entire day, from ceremony to reception. I was completely overwhelmed with all the little details and he put my mind at ease. I didn't have to give him any direction. He played great songs and kept the music going the entire time! I'd definitely recommend him for your wedding!
    Lynne Married on 08/26/2018
    If I could give Evan LeCompte a million stars I would!!! ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ From start to finish - beginning with our very first email (nearly two years ago!) to the very last song on the wedding night - Evan was a pleasure to work with and the absolute best DJ we could have hoped for!! From playing all of our many song requests to making announcements - so smoothly I might add - and keeping things flowing, to providing speakers and microphones and adjusting the lighting of the tent, to... most importantly... keeping everyone on the dance floor all night!! I've been to weddings where hardly anyone danced (many of them the same relatives that were at our wedding!), and our dance floor was PACKED all night!! It made my heart overflow to see everyone enjoying themselves. Evan really has a gift for feeling the crowd and I know my (many, many) aunts & uncles loved the oldies! It was the perfect combination of older songs and pop. He even brought my husband's younger brother - who is usually quite shy - out of his shell to unleash some killer dance moves! At one point he was even doing handstands on the dance floor haha! The dance floor was electric and several times everyone made a big circle and took turns dancing in the middle which was the BEST :) Everyone had an absolute blast!!! We simply couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Evan is so professional, so friendly and really amazing at what he does. He is the best of the best! If you are considering Wedding DJ VT... stop considering! ;) You will not be disappointed!! Thank you, Evan, for going above and beyond for us; for being so kind and accommodating and such an integral part of our big day. We'll never forget it. It was pure magic...✨
    Harriet Married on 08/18/2018
    Evan was great to work with. He listened to everything we wanted and helped us throw an amazing party. He has a very calm and laid back personality and was very easy to work with. He played all of the songs we asked him to and the songs he chose himself were perfect. He played for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. For each part of the day, he chose appropriate music that fit perfectly with the vibe. During dancing our entire wedding was on the dance floor the whole time because his playlist was so good. Highly, highly recommend.
    Jessica Married on 08/10/2018
    Evan played a crucial part in our wedding. He was in contact with me during the planning process, and made suggestions for songs during certain parts of the ceremony. Evan asked clarifying questions and was very flexible with specific songs my husband and I wanted to have as part of our day. Evan did a great job as an emcee as well- we could not have had a more perfect fit for our wedding!
    James Married on 06/30/2018
    We were married at The Trailside Inn on June 30th, 2018 and through Wedding DJ VT and Evan LeCompte, were able to retain DJ Jason Baron to provide sound and music for our outdoor ceremony, outdoor cocktail hour and tented reception event. Throughout the whole planning process Jason was available to coordinate via email and conference calls. He was able to send us a questionnaire for us to fill out so that we were able to choose exactly the music we wanted for our ceremony as well as cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. Our event also required outdoor, wireless mics for the ceremony officiant as well as speakers performing readings. All of the sound for the ceremony was executed flawlessly and everyone was able to clearly understand the readings and the officiants speeches. After the ceremony, we had a cocktail hour and Jason also provided ambient music for this part of the day as well. Essentially, he pulled off three separate sound set-ups and there we no issues what so ever. After dinner, he was really able to deliver on not only the “must have” songs for dancing, but also able to play crowd favorites that got everyone up and moving. We all know those songs that everyone sings along to and Jason was able to get everyone singing and stop the music with a hard break during those classic chorus lines which was a really cool way to insert some of his DJ skills into the event. Near the end of the evening, he pulled us aside and asked if we had a last song picked out that we wanted him to play. My wife and I looked at each other and being completely exhausted, had forgotten to come up with a final song. Without hesitation, Jason suggested Billy Joel’s “The Piano Man” and it really turned into a special final song of the night with everyone arm in arm on the dance floor. DJ Jason Baron did a phenomenal job with our wedding and if you’re lucky enough to retain him for your event, you’ll be in very good hands. Thank you DJ Jason Baron and Wedding DJ VT! -James & Loren.
    Robert Married on 05/11/2018
    Evan Lacompte was great. He flowed with our timeline for traditional wedding stuff like intros and toasts, accommodated changes, kept it moving. When it came to dancing and having a solid party, there is no one else I would recommend. Evan just got it, felt the crowd and made it happen.