Wedding Cakes by Jim Smeal Reviews

18 Reviews for Wedding Cakes by Jim Smeal

1 User photo

Wedding Cakes by Jim Smeal 1

Beth · Married on 09/22/2018

Jim is a master at his craft and did an amazing job with our wedding cake. It was beautiful and tasted just as good! Jim and Alejandro were so easy and enjoyable to work with throughout the process. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Annalee · Married on 11/11/2017

AMAZING! Thank you for making the most beautiful and delicious cake there ever was.

Sent on 06/12/2018
    Wedding Cakes by Jim Smeal 2
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 10/10/2015

If you're looking for a cakes that are works of art that taste as good as they are beautiful, look no further than Jim Smeal. He and Alejandro were lovely to work with designing our wedding cake and were very gracious about any changes and requests. An extra special touch was providing us with a separate, surprise anniversary tier for my husband and I when we decided we were going to serve the top tier of our cake at the reception. We can't thank them enough for the wonderful job they did.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Amazing job on our wedding cake!!! We wanted a fairly simple cake with real flowers on it and the design Jim came up with was far beyond what either of us could have imagined. Absolutely beautiful. Additionally the cake flavors were SO good! We ended up picking 4 flavors so that people could try more than one and everyone said the cake was so delicious. I only wish I ate more of it at our wedding!!

Sent on 01/25/2016

Rickie · Married on 09/06/2014

Jim did phenomenal. His cake surpassed every expectation we had. The tasting was so perfect and delicious and then we talked about the design. His ideas were perfect and the final product was truly breathtaking. We didn't want to cut it because it was SOO perfect. To too it all off it tastes just as good as it looked. People raved about it the whole time!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Crystal · Married on 06/13/2014

I would absolutely recommend this bakery for and future event. They made our wedding cake and it was gorgeous and the most amazing and tasty wedding cake I have ever consumed! All of my guests were going back for seconds. We chose the vanilla cake with lemon curd layered in between and chocolate mochas cake with buttercream frosting, as I did not want fondant. Even the groom who doesn't like sweets or cake, ate his cake and raved how good it was. Excellent service, excellent quality, wonderful goodness. Thank you!

Sent on 06/19/2014

The cake was beautiful AND delicious!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Leslie · Married on 04/26/2014

What a pleasure to work with such wonderful people! Our groom's and wedding cakes were absolutely amazing!!! If you're looking for a beautiful cake that tastes incredible then Jim Smeal is your guy! Thanks again so much!!!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Matt · Married on 02/08/2014

Best cake ever!! Jim was great at everything from helping with design to picking flavors. Consensus at the reception from most was it was the best cake they have ever tasted!! We tried several places and Jim's by far was the best tasting and best looking.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/08/2013

Our wedding cake was truly couture! Jim Smeal and his team designed our wedding cake to perfectly match all of the lace detail on my wedding dress down to the eyelet lace. Not only was the design perfection, but the buttercream and filling on the inside was melt in your mouth delicious! Our friends and family couldn't stop talking about "the best wedding cake they had ever seen" and the "most delicious wedding cake they had ever tasted". Many thanks for all of the efforts they put in to making a GORGEOUS cake for a perfect day! Amanda and Garrett

Sent on 07/31/2013

Allison · Married on 05/24/2013

Beautiful cake and easy to work with!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Yum yum yum!! he custom designed our cake to look just like the photo we showed him, it looked amazing and tasted even better than at the cake tasting! Highly recommend the fresh crushed raspberries, the entire tier was gone and thankfully our wedding planner, Cindy with engaging events, saved us some of each tier. The key lime tier was our bottom tier and it was almost gone also! Very delicious and I think you can't go wrong with any of their cake!!

Sent on 12/26/2012

Katie · Married on 04/14/2012

Jim and his team literally recreated the lace from my dress to decorate my wedding cake. Not only did the cake look absolutely beautiful and unique it was delicious!!!

Our guests are still raving about it and how it was not your typical "wedding cake." Chocolate Kahula, Coconut, Almond....so many fresh ingredients and flavors to choose from.

Jim, thank you so much!!!! I really am counting down now till our anniversary so we can eat the top!!

Sent on 05/03/2012

M · Married on 09/10/2011

INCREDIBLE!! His cakes are unique works of art and absolutely delicious.

Sent on 04/03/2012

Cecilia · Married on 09/11/2010

Jim was great! Our cake was beautiful. Not only did it taste good but the cake was just what we wanted. He is very easy to deal with and made great suggestions for our cake. We are very pleased we used Jim Smeal to design and make our wedding cake.

Sent on 10/06/2010

Tiffany · Married on 01/21/2012

Jim created the most beautiful wedding cake for my wedding! I had no clue what I wanted in a cake. I had met with other bakers, but always left totally unsatisfied. Jim was truly an artist and took my vague words and sketched out (in front of me) an amazing cake. The flavors and fillings were all so amazing that it was so hard to choose! I was so in love with my cake that I didn't want to cut into it!

Sent on 03/28/2012

Caroline · Married on 10/10/2009

Jim was a little pricey compared to other cake vendors in the area, but he was also upfront about that before we even started working with him. I chose him because my cake was one of the most important parts of my reception and I wanted it to be flawless. I was able to give him a small sample of the lace from my mother's wedding dress to use to create the pattern on the cake. (My mother's dress had been stolen many years ago and so this was my way of paying homage since I could not wear it.) I had the lemon cake with lemon curd filling and it was delicious. I received many compliments on the cake and most of my friends are foodies. The frosting he uses has a very delicate, creamy flavor which allowed the flavor from the cake to come through and does not overwhelm with sweetness whcih would mix badly with all the drinking and dancing. I'm looking forward to eating the top layer in a few months time (butter cake with rasberry filling) and am even consdiering having another cake made to celebrate my first wedding anniversary.

Sent on 11/03/2009

If you're in the Charleston area, you cannot get better than Jim Smeal's cakes!! Their design and artistic eye is off the charts... and though pricey, once you see the product you will understand why. My recommendation: the key lime cake. You'll be in heaven :)

Sent on 05/22/2013