WeCinema Films Reviews

31 | New York, NY

31 Reviews for WeCinema Films

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2018

Fantastic Experience!

We were so, so happy with WeCinema films! Initially, we weren't going to have a videographer because of budget constraints, but after discussing with our married friends, we decided to try and find a vendor. We do not regret going with WeCinema Films at all!!

From the beginning, they were responsive and easy to work with-- we were speaking primarily with Shane leading up to the big day. He made sure he had all of the necessary details to make things run smoothly. On our wedding day, Jonathan (and later, Joonie) worked seamlessly with our photographer and were present throughout the night. When we got our video back, we were SO happy with the final product!!! Our video seriously captured the event and our personalities perfectly. The audio was perfect (they provided lapel mics) and the editing was just right. They provided so much more than expected and we are forever grateful.

Thank you so much to the WeCinema team!!

Ashley · Married on 07/27/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Shane of WeCinema for my wedding 07.27.2018 at the Greenpoint Loft. WOW! There are not enough great things I can say. From booking through communication, Shane made everything super easy for us. On the day of the wedding, he showed up in my bridal suite and then stayed through cake cutting, I loved that Shane blended into the background. He was non-obtrusive and you never even knew he was shooting. We just received our highlight reel and I am completely blown away by the editing and quality of video. It completely exceeded our expectations. All of my family and friends who have watched it says that it looks like a trailer for a movie they really want to see. My husband is an executive producer for a TV show and works in editing and shooting all day. He is a tough critic and even he thought the highlight reel was perfect (to my surprise, he had no feedback). If you're looking for a wedding videographer, look no further! Shane is very affordable and worth every single penny.

Liz · Married on 07/14/2018

Truly amazing

We are beyond thrilled at having the opportunity to work with Shane for our wedding. From the moment we connected, he was nothing but professional, genuinely caring, and very open to meeting our needs. Perhaps one of the greatest parts about working with Shane was his manner of professionalism on the actually day of our wedding; he fit right in with our wedding party, but at the same time remained covert during the ceremony and reception.
    When we received the footage from the trailer, it completely exceeded our already high expectations. The quality of the film was impeccable and his choice of music coupled with the intimate moments he captured brought both of us to tears (and we are not overly emotional people.) Shane is truly gifted. Thank you Shane for capturing the essence of our wedding and more!

Michelle · Married on 07/03/2018

Shane and Jonathan were such a pleasure to work with and documented, and then created such amazing videos from our wedding day. We loved working with this crew!

Eileen · Married on 06/02/2018

I spent handful of hours watching wedding highlight films from different vendors. The ones with the style I loved (cinematic story-telling but with natural feels and not dramatic) were way too expensive for my budget and I was constantly let down. I'm so thankful to have stumbled upon WeCinema because (1) their work is exactly the style I was looking for (2) their price is much more reasonable. I was nervous getting a videographer from past experience at weddings (obtrusive during activities, obnoxious lights in your face on the dance floor) but the team was nothing like that - didn't even notice them! Shane and his team were communicative and flexible. And my wedding highlight film was exactly how I wanted it; truly captured my day perfectly. Thank you so much WeCinema!

I highly recommend any hesitant bride to get video - honestly, it'll capture things your photos will not. Money well spent.

Eric · Married on 05/19/2018

My wife and I had such a great experience with WeCinema. It was a rainy, dreary day on our wedding, but our videographer was so positive and easy to work with that he honestly made the day better. And the finished product... SO GOOD. My whole family teared up.

Ashley · Married on 03/10/2018

Shane was by far my favorite vendor! He was always responsive and quick answering any question I had. The day of my wedding him and Jonathan were on time, professional, friendly, and to be honest you barely knew they were there! My wedding video came out better than I could have ever imagined. They captured every detail of our day and the love we share. You are in good hands with WEcinema films! They truly are the very best!

Kelly · Married on 09/30/2017

Shane was so easy to work with! We love our highlight video! He did a great job capturing all the right moments. We are looking forward to enjoying the video for years to come.

Justin · Married on 09/09/2017

Shane was incredible to work with. He made the entire process seamless and easy and in the end delivered an incredible set of videos that we'll cherish forever. He worked with us to get certain shots that we requested and include music that meant a lot to us, but truly felt like a fly on the wall during the wedding and that's easily captured with the amount of candid and fun footage he took. We couldn't recommend him enough and will gladly work with him again for any other events we need filmed.

Nicole · Married on 08/06/2017

We had a wonderful experience working with WeCinema Films for our August 2017 NYC wedding!! From our initial discussions with Shane, we knew right away that both he and his team would be the perfect group of videographers to capture our big day. Not only was their past work samples amazing, but we really felt like they were easy to talk to, great listeners and showed a genuine passion for the art of videography. On the day of, the WeCinema Films team arrived early and moved around effortlessly behind the scenes capturing everything. They were also very respectful, nice and worked well under an extremely busy timeline, which really helped my husband and I have a fun and stress-free wedding day! Our final set of videos turned out better than we could have imagined and far exceeded our expectations. They are not only high-quality film but are compiled into an artistic and beautiful storyline featuring all of the perfect moments, audio clips, great music and many special details throughout the day. It’s like watching a movie! This was one of our most important vendor selections in the entire planning process, and we are so thankful that we had the chance to work with WeCinema Films! Their professionalism, reliability, creativity and cutting-edge videography style made our wedding videos truly one-of-a-kind and something we’ll cherish forever (and watch again and again through the years)!

C · Married on 07/15/2017

Working with Shane was a breeze and a delight. He is extremely kind and was responsive to every question we had. During the wedding date, we barely felt him there yet he managed to capture amazing parts. I would always recommend We Cinema Films, you will definitely get quality. He is a great person to work with and will always work with you. You can't go wrong with WeCinema!!!

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2017

I can't rave enough about Shane at WeCinema. Our highlight video is AWESOME. Shane was so professional, didn't need any direction at all, just knew what to do and everything came out perfectly. He even jumped right up and helped our shuttle driver who didn't know how to get to the venue!! with the GPS. Seriously amazing. I can't rave enough.

Nancy · Married on 05/28/2017

At first I had to convince my (now) husband that we needed a wedding videographer, but after we saw the highlight video Shane created for us, he was so happy that we decided on getting one. Shane's editing was amazing and his attention to detail is on point. Each time I watch our highlight video I notice more and more of the fine, thoughtful details. Our highlight video really captured everything I wanted and more! Shane showed up early, was so amenable as we trekked around the city for my perfect shots, and honestly I barely noticed him the whole day... yet he still managed to get in all of the shots that I wanted.

Lisa · Married on 05/13/2017

Shane at WeCinema Films is fantastic! I hired him very last minute to film my wedding. The package prices are very reasonable, and he traveled to Jersey City for the wedding. He is very nice and worked well with the photographers. After the wedding, he sent us a short highlight film and a longer feature film. There were a few changes I wanted made and Shane was very responsive and re-edited them exactly how I requested. Overall, Shane and WeCinema Films are great and my husband and I are very pleased with the final products.

kristy · Married on 04/08/2017

Shane was fantastic to work with! We hired him in early 2016 for our October 1st wedding and he was very accommodating and responsive with the changes we needed to make as the wedding got closer and the day-of timeline adjusted. On the day of the wedding, the team was great and perfectly captured our special day.

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2016

Shane was so easy to work with. Three members of the wedding party said they didn't even know he was there. My sister said "that video was amazing, like a Hollywood production, you better give him a glaring review!!!". My husband and I thank Shane for capturing the best parts of our wedding and putting them in a video for us to revisit throughout our marriage. Awesome awesome awesome!!!

Minah · Married on 06/25/2016

We cannot rave enough about the positive experience we had with WeCinema Films! The search for a wedding videographer was one of the most difficult tasks during our wedding planning process. Most of the wedding films we viewed online seemed painfully cheesy and many of the videographers were reluctant and inflexible in discussing the direction and style we wanted our video to take. We had almost resorted to settling with a videographer we weren’t entirely keen on when we thankfully found WeCinema Films.

We met Shane in person, and unlike the numerous other videographers we’d interacted with, Shane was genuinely interested in what we were looking for in a wedding film, willing to accommodate our video style requests, and patiently answered every question we had. Shane is so amiable and we knew right away that we would enjoy working with him. Another aspect we greatly appreciated about WeCinema Films and made them stand out is how responsive they were — our most responsive vendor by far — which definitely made our planning process much easier.

Abe, our videographer, and Maté, his assistant, were so sweet and such a pleasure to work with on our wedding day! They were discreet and had a very calming effect on everyone, and guests had nothing but good things to say about them. Abe and Maté also got along very well with our photographer from a different vendor.

And most importantly, we absolutely love our wedding film! We were so moved and in tears when we first watched it. WeCinema beautifully captured every meaningful moment and caught the ambience of the day as well as our style. The highlight reel was expertly edited and the cut was paired perfectly with the music we requested. We find ourselves watching it over and over again.

From the start to the very end, our interactions with WeCinema Films were always exceedingly positive. Shane and his team are true professionals and we *highly* recommend them for wedding videography!

Rowan · Married on 06/17/2016

Shane (and WeCinemaFilms) did a fantastic job for us on all levels. Not only were they amazing to work with and extremely flexible, but we couldn't be happier with the end product. Shane picked the best footage and really crafted our story in the way we want to remember it. The filming quality and editing is extremely professional, and never corny. He catches the perfect angles and light, all the laughs and smiles, and makes incredible transitions from ceremony, to cocktails, to the dance. And to top it all off, the small edits that we requested were completed very quickly, with great attitude, and he made sure they were consistent with the rest of the film. It really was like working with a friend...and we highly recommend WeCinemaFilms!

• Emily

Emily · event on: 07/01/2015

I don't normally do reviews but since WeCinema Films' work was so exceptional, I just had to! From the very beginning, we made it exceedingly clear as to what we wanted and they gave us exactly that.
    They made us feel entirely at ease all throughout the day and took us to some fantastic locations in Central Park. What we received was way better than what we ever could have hoped for and still has us in awe at how perfect it all came out! Their work was original, artistic, and contemporary. Their creativity in shooting at various angles and using such high quality equipment captured our day beautifully --from every angle. I am an extreme perfectionist and what WeCinema Films produced for us was perfection. We had such a great experience! They're professional, kind, and great at what they do. My fiancé and I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to capture a special occasion in the most beautiful way possible.
    Thank you again WeCinema Films for your amazing work, you were an absolute pleasure and we are so thankful!!!

Lynsey · Married on 05/21/2016

Choosing a videographer was one of the most challenging decisions of our wedding planning process. It was so important to me that we find someone who would be able to immortalize our big day in a way that represents our style. Shane is such a nice person and was so easy to work with from the very start. My husband and I had a call with him and described what we were looking for and the finished product truly represents exactly what we asked for from the beginning. We've watched the video countless times already and love that we will be able to revisit it for years to come. Thank you so much WeCinema for documenting the happiest day of our lives and for helping to make our vision come alive!

We absolutely love our wedding video!

Shane and his team were professional and easy to work with, from the planning stages to our big day. From the beginning, he stood out during our vendor search by responding promptly and thoughtfully to my hundreds of questions. I had a question about what lighting sources they would use, and rather than dismissively wave me off as others had done ("stop stressing out, leave that stuff to us, we've done this before"), Shane took the time to discuss every detail - I'm the type where this really put me at ease, and obviously any wedding vendor that is able to keep people calm is priceless. Payment was easy and they handled all of the logistics.

We had a smaller, untraditional venue (urban winery in Brooklyn) that the team navigated multiple rooms without missing a single moment. Our guests didn't have to worry about electric cords, awkward equipment, blocked views, or glaring lights like I've seen at other weddings. Shane and team truly melted into the background while capturing everything.

Their pricing is very competitive. Also, they were one of the few vendors willing to discuss options beyond pre-set packages. During the early stages of searching, I was surprised how many companies try to limit your options or pressure you to pay more. Shane was totally flexible and really worked with us to get exactly what we wanted within our budget.

To some, it might seem riskier to go with a company that isn't one of the "mega brands" of the wedding industry. However, Shane's extensive film experience shines through, his team is wonderful, and we couldn't be happier with our experience!

Nicole · Married on 11/21/2015

WeCinema did such a wonderful job capturing our wedding day. Our cinematographer, James, was completely professional and discreet. Most of our bridal party was shocked to see a video after the fact since they hadn't even noticed him filming! He seemlessly blended into the background but the results were really wonderful. Both our highlight video and featurette are something we will cherish forever. Shane (the owner of the company) was also lovely to work with whole putting together our contract and during the editing process. He was incredibly flexible and accommodating in providing us with what we needed. HIGHLY recommend this company!

Caitlin · Married on 11/14/2015

I was hesitant about having a videographer at my wedding. My husband and I worried that in addition to photographers, it would just be too much and distracting for everyone at the wedding. Boy were we wrong! My mom's wedding gift to us was a videographer and she assured us that it would be something we would cherish for years to come and eventually we agreed. We carefully reviewed samples online and finally came across Shane's work with WeCinema and were blown away. He was so open to what we wanted and helped us feel at ease by asking great questions, and what we might and might not want filmed. When I met him the morning of, he was extremely nice, processional and excited, and seemed like such a great guy. We barely noticed the camera's all day and just received our clip this morning and were beyond impressed. We have watched it 5 times today alone- it was more than we every could have hoped for and we are so glad that we listened to my mom- after all, mom's know best! You will be in excellent hands with WeCinema.

We had Shane do our wedding video and we loved the final results which made our parents cry. He was extremely responsive, professional and easy to work with. I would recommend going for a second videographer as there were some parts of the wedding that were not captured that I would have liked to seen.