WBG Fine Catering & Event Design Reviews

WBG Fine Catering & Event Design 5
WBG Fine Catering & Event Design 6
WBG Fine Catering & Event Design 7

Mario · Married on 05/03/2008

Simply amazing. Full service catering, they had the entire night running smoothly. Wonderful staff, and KC is amazing.

Sent on 05/08/2008

Matt R · Married on 06/01/2019

Early Summer Wedding

KC and her catering team did a wonderful job at our wedding. Throughout the planning process, KC was always available to answer any questions or concerns in a timely manner. When it came to the wedding day, things went off without a hitch. They were not familiar with our venue beforehand, but we would have never guessed that. Great experience with them!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Doug · Married on 06/13/2015

KC at West Bay Gourmet was great to work with. Her food was delicious, and was just as good at the reception as it was during the tasting. We were able to drop everything off at WBG ahead of time, and everything was set up perfectly. During the reception, they really took care of everything and it was great to be able to relax and have everything go smoothly. And did I mention the food was delicious?

Sent on 07/19/2015

Gretchen · Married on 09/20/2014

KC and her team made us and all of wedding guests very happy! We were responsible for all of the set up, food and logistics at our venue, and KC's team made the whole process very easy. She coordinated with the rental company (and even ran out to get soup bowls the day of the wedding after they were accidentally left off).

We used WBG for passed hors d'oeuvres and stations, including a carving station and Autumn in New England. We had a few guests with dietary restrictions, including vegetarian and gluten free, and KC was very accommodating. KC and her staff made sure my husband and I were well fed throughout the reception, bringing us special plates of hor d'oeuvres.

We also hired a bartender through WBG, and bought our own alcohol, which helped cut costs. We served beer, wine and a signature cocktail, and they kept the guests happy.

Thank you, KC and team for making our reception so seamless!

Sent on 10/26/2014

KC has delicious food and makes the best dark and stormy's(Rhode Island drink) We had a pasta buffet and they cooked the food in front of us. Our guests loved it.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Kerry · Married on 09/26/2008

I highly recommend KC and her West Bay Gourmet team. They went above and beyond my (very high) expectations for my wedding in September at the Towers in Narragansett. The food was outstanding and we have received so many requests for their squash soup. Staff was extremely attentive at the wedding, and the bartenders were friendly, efficient and professional. KC answered my numerous questions, promptly responded to emails (99% of the time), coordinated with my other vendors seamlessly behind the scenes (she is like a wedding coordinator on the day-of!), handled my rentals, managed any day of issues (and there were a couple with our facility that I never knew about!) and gave me peace of mind. Food was really important to my husband and me, and our appetizers, four course tapas dinner, and dessert buffet were just delicious! I can't say enough positives things about West Bay Gourmet-- for personal, local service and outstanding, high quality food, go with West Bay Gourmet.

Sent on 12/23/2008

l · Married on 07/05/2008

Wow spectacular is all I can say about this caterer. Was more than I could ever expect

Sent on 12/12/2008

Marlena · Married on 04/30/2016

When you are planning your wedding, stress is inevitable. If you are lucky enough you have West Bay Gourmet and KC as one of your vendors so that stress is a tad bit reduced! The first time we met with KC she had a sampling of her delicious offerings for us. By then we had tried many different caterers and nothing was sitting with us. Not only was the food delicious, but KC was sweet, knowledgeable, and passionate, the perfect fit for our wedding. She bared with us as we took forever to pick some apps and answered every question on time. We felt comfortable talking to her and knowing she could handle our wedding day like it was hers. The day did not disappoint. She worked tirelessly with our coordinator and her team to give us the most perfect wedding day. She made sure to check in on us during the reception, knowing that we might forget to eat and even drink. People raved about the food, especially our dessert offerings. We didn't get to see cocktail hour because of pictures, but from what I heard, everything was delicious. We had one guest tell us he almost offered to pay for an extra plate of fish. To sum it up, lighten your stress load and pick a caterer that will understand your wants but know what you need even if you don't need it. It's about food but it's also about service. Thanks WBG and KC!

Sent on 05/10/2016

WBG Fine Catering & Event Design's reply:

Thank you so much Marlena!! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Brian! We are so happy and honored to have been able to be a part of your amazing day!

West Bay was wonderful. Like most people i was a really nervous bride. I had a really specific idea of how i wanted everything to look and had quite a bit of stuff i wanted to be used for the reception. I was worried that without being there myself it might not look the way i pictured. When i walked into the reception i was so amazed i almost cried it looked like everything i had hoped for and even more!! They even added some extra details like leaves to go with our fall theme. Everyone told us how beautiful it looked and that was all thanks to the west bay team.

The food was delicious! i wish i had sat down and ate more. They were extremely attentive and checked in with us through out the night to get us anything we needed. It was so wonderful to just get to enjoy the night and have them take care of everything from the timing to loading everything in our car at the end of the night. We would have been lost without them.

We were working with a budget and other caterers I called kept saying we could do a cocktail and dessert reception but not really food. West bay sat down with us and worked with our budget, gave us options and was able to design an amazing autumn feast for our family and friends. Salads with grilled pears and gorgonzola, handmade pumpkin raviolis, apple and sage stuffed pork and more.

Sent on 02/05/2013

Samantha · Married on 05/25/2012

Wonderful experience overall. The food was amazing and perfect for late spring. Coordinating with West Bay proved sometimes difficult because I was not local, but nothing that hampered any thing at all. I have a dairy allergy and they were able to accommodate it beautifully. They knew our venue (The Towers) so well, I didn't have to worry about a thing from set up (including the paper lanterns and candy table) to take down. Lovely!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2011

We would highly recommend West Bay Gourmet for wedding/event catering! KC is great to work with and very helpful, especially as we were planning the wedding from out of town. We were able to build the menu that we wanted through bringing parts of different sample menus together. The food was excellent and we had many compliments about the food throughout the night. We decided to offer a sundae bar, which the guests at our wedding loved! KC also helped us incorporate the citrus theme from the reception into the bar with a citrus sangria that was amazing! The only complaint that I heard was that the waitstaff were a little too quick to bus the tables in some cases - some guests were saving cupcakes to eat later in the night and when they came back from the dancefloor their place had been cleared.

Sent on 06/05/2011

Kelli · Married on 10/03/2009

KC at West bay was so easy to work with and she was extremely helpful with all of my questions. She knew my venue (the Towers, Narragansett) very well and does sooo many weddings there.

Sent on 11/02/2009

Matt · Married on 08/13/2016

3.5

KC and WBG catered our wedding and did a great job. We got married at the Towers and KC's familiarity with the venue was a tremendous asset. Her staff did a wonderful job and KC was on top of everything during the wedding. The food and bar was enjoyed by all and we didn't have to break the bank.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Diane · Married on 04/26/2008

3.5

The food was excellent but a bit overpriced for what we ordered

Sent on 09/11/2008
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 06/08/2019

June wedding

My guests had the BEST things to say about our food. We chose stations including meat carving, pasta and seafood and it was a huge hit!!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Kim, Healy, and their team are amazing!! The food was delicious and the staff was very professional and quick with service. You provide them with diagrams/pictures and they set everything up for you. They made it so easy for us. KC was supportive and kind, she checked in with us every step of the way to make sure we had what he needed. She even got us food from the buffet so we could eat during all the commotion. They even packed up the leftovers so we could take the extra food home.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Shemry · Married on 09/02/2011

KC was wonderful to work with. The food was delish! Couldn't ask for more!

Sent on 09/14/2011

Corie · Married on 05/16/2009

KC and her staff are wonderful! couldnt have hired a better caterer.

Sent on 06/28/2010

Rebecca · Married on 07/26/2009

3.5

I will definitely recommend WestBay Gourmet to others. They are very responsive and did a great job helping to decorate the place. The food they provided is very good too. As a side note though, I wish they had more pots or bigger pots to cook the lobsters we provided. They only had two pots to cook 75 lobsters, and it took long time to cook and some of the lobsters are not well cooked. Nobody gets sick or anything, and the whole event went as smooth as one can expect, but advise to others is that, if you want to do something out of the norm, make sure you know what you need to achieve that, and compare the notes with them.

Sent on 08/25/2009

4.2
      3.0

WBG has been great so far. I was a little disappointed that despite choosing our menu well before the tasting, a lot of what we tried at our tasting was not going to be included in the menu we chose. I guess we were just getting a sample of the quality of food, but it would have been nice to get our menu.

Sent on 11/22/2015

WBG Fine Catering & Event Design's reply:

Good evening! I am so sorry that you didn't get to try all of the items on your menu, sometimes it's difficult to have everything available in small quantities for a tasting menu. Most times we offer additional hors d'oeuvres to try just to showcase some variety that you might enjoy. I am glad you enjoyed the quality of the food and I would be more than happy to schedule another tasting (at no cost) for you, fiance and family anytime! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Best, KC

Erin · Married on 08/06/2016

3.5

WBG was fantastic leading up to my wedding. They answered all of my questions right away. The food was delicous. However , they did run really behind serving dinner. They also wouldn't serve my photographer until after everyone else so I had to wait until really late to do my parent dances, it messed up my schedule alot. Also they ran out of ice several times. The wedding was in the summer so this was a huge problem. KC is fantastic though she is great to work with. The price was also great compared to what I got quoted elsewhere.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Kristen · Married on 05/15/2010

2.6
      2.0
      2.5
      2.5

West Bay Gourmet seemed like it was going to be great, they were helpful in the planning and assuring me how things would go. However the day of the wedding things fell apart. They did not follow through on things we were promised for the day such as kids meals, a specific vegetarian grill, or a staff member who would bring us food while we were taking pictures so we wouldn't miss out on the tasty cocktail hour food. They also did not set up the food stations the way we had discussed. When I brought this up with our contact a few weeks after the wedding she was not very apologetic about what happened.

Sent on 06/09/2010