Wavelength Reviews

100 | Scarborough, ME

100 Reviews for Wavelength

1 User photo

Wavelength 1

Amazing band to work with! From the moment I started working with Wavelength, to their last song, I couldn't have been more happy. They are extremely organized, thoughtful, talented, fun, etc. Our dance floor was packed from the moment they started until the moment they ended! I am so happy that we decided to use them as our band!!! Thank you all for all your hard work!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to share in your special day. Best wishes!

meg · Married on 08/11/2012

My husband and I LOVED wavelength. They were great to work with and got the crowd up and dancing until the every end of the night. Friends and family are still talking about how much fun they had and how amazing the music was. Thanks again for an unforgetable night.

Sent on 08/31/2012

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you Meg and Danny! You were so much fun. We had a blast celebrating with you along with your family and friends. What a beautiful day! All our best, Wavelength.

Amy · Married on 08/04/2012

Picking Wavelength as our wedding band was one of the best decisions we made. There were absolutely wonderful! Working up to the wedding we worked with the manager Johnna. She listened to all of our requests and made everything very stress free. For example, she was able to provide microphones for our outdoor ceremony. Wavelength had worked with our resort in the past and it was great knowing that the wedding planners at the resort and the band had a history of working well together. A few days before the wedding Johnna was still checking in to see if there were any changes we wanted. The day of the wedding went very smoothly and everything went as planned. Wavelength felt the energy from the crowd and really played to them. They played requests and everyone at the reception was dancing and singing to the music all night!! People are still talking about how much they loved the band and said it was the best wedding they have been too. Wavelength really made the wedding the best day of our life : )

Sent on 12/31/2012

Lonnie · Married on 07/28/2012

We truly can't give enough positive feedback about Wavelength! Our first anniversary is coming up and when we see people they still comment on the band at our wedding!
    Having live music was nonnegotiable for both of us and it certainly made the entire night. A solo guitarist played as I walked down the aisle, then the band for cocktail hour and of course to dance the night away. Not only did Wavelength accommodate our varying music tastes (I'm country and he's rock), they learned a song by the Replacements for my husband and belted out my bachelorette anthem "Feel So Close" by Calvin Harris for me and my girlfriends. Oh and their rendition of our wedding song, "You Are The Best Thing" was amazing.
    We've been to tons of weddings in the last few years and no band has rivaled Wavelength (even the ridiculously expensive ones)!
    Seriously, if you're looking for a wedding band on the Seacoast, look no further, book Wavelength.
    We loved them so much we're even going to see them this weekend on a music cruise to relive the night!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! It was so fun to share your special day with you. We can't wait to see you again and celebrate your first anniversary!

John · Married on 07/21/2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of having Wavelength perfom at our recent wedding in Castine, Maine. From start to finish the band was outstanding. The musicianship, the variety of the playlist, and the flow of the evening was top notch. A high percentage of our guests, and a number of neighbors(ours was an outdoor wedding at a private residence) commented about how good the band was. I Highly recommend Wavelength. John

Sent on 07/31/2012

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for the review, John! We had a wonderful time celebrating in Castine with you and Audrey. The party rocked! Congratulations and Best Wishes! - Your Wedding Band, Wavelength

Eileen · Married on 06/02/2012

I almost don't know where to begin! Wavelength and their manager Johnna are true professionals. From the first emailing inquiry to the last song at the reception, Wavelength was more than top notch.

We saw them play at the Old Orchard Hot Air Balloon Festival and could see how well they interacted with the crowd, read the vibe of the crowd, and played the songs that got little ones to adults up and on their feet. I think they more than accomplished this at our wedding!

They played very casual, elegant music during the dinner portion of the reception. It was the perfect volume as to not over power any dinner conversation. Following dinner it was a matter of seconds before people joined on the dance floor and at the end of the night our crowd was begging for another encore.

Each member of the band is so talented and you can tell they love what they do. I can't forget to mention how wonderful Johnna is at the organization and communication aspect. It was so easy and worry-free from beginning to end.

I 100% recommend Wavelength. I wish we could do it all over again because I had the time of my life. Thank you Johnna and the members of Wavelength!

Sent on 07/07/2012

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you so much for the review, Eileen. You and Walter are the best! We enjoyed every minute from the planning to the incredibly fun dance party. All the best to you both! Wavelength

Kathryn · Married on 10/22/2011

We could not have been more pleased with Wavelength prior to or during our event. Johnna was extremely responsive and the band even learned a song for our first dance. The band set the right tone for the entire evening from cocktail hour to the last dance. We wanted to be sure that everyone, from my Grandma to our friends, was on the dance floor and Wavelength successfully fulfilled our wish! Would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/19/2011

David · Married on 09/03/2011

Overall: Excellent!! Music quality 10+! most importantly, the dance music was fantastic, we all ended up dancing out butts off until the last song. (Also, the guitarist had some super nasty solos!) We all ended up dancing until the very last song. They did a really great job of learning out somewhat unknown first dance song and did a really nice job with it. Band was professional, timely, easy to work with. I would highly recommend this band.

Sent on 10/01/2011

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review Dave. It was a pleasure to celebrate your special day with you and Julie. Best wishes!

Alex · Married on 07/09/2011

Wavelength was a terrific wedding band. People danced the whole time that they played. A great playlist - appealing to both young and old alike. Responsive to advance requests from the bride and groom, but they also know their own style and played with confidence.

I would highly recommend Wavelength for a wedding or other party anywhere in Maine. They played the ceremony, the cocktail party, and the reception. They came up to Mount Desert Island for the event.

The manager was professional, courteous, and very responsive. A pleasure to work with in planning the celebration.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Laura · Married on 06/19/2011

After listening to their demo cd we were thrilled to have Wavelength play at our wedding and couldn’t wait to see how they would engage the crowd. Needless to say, we weren’t disappointed. The dance floor filled up so quickly! All of the band members were courteous, cooperative and very talented. They played an extremely versatile, engaging and fun group of songs for everyone at our wedding. Our main concern beforehand was that a five piece band might be too over-powering for the room. We couldn’t have been happier with how they handled the volume throughout the entire reception. Wavelength made our night an unforgettable one!

Sent on 07/07/2011

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you Laura. It was a pleasure to work with you and Joe. Your dance party rocked! Congratulations and Best Wishes.

Kelli · Married on 06/18/2011

Both my husband and I agree that Wavelength exceeded our expectations. We wanted to have a fun, live band that played a variety of music, and they surely did all of that and more. People of all ages were on the dance floor all night, and after the party, everyone told us how much they loved the band. They were flexible, fun, and very talented. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking to have a good dance party at their reception.

Sent on 11/09/2011

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for the awesome review Kelli. We appreciate you taking time away from your busy schedule to share your experience with Wavelength for future brides and grooms. We were honored to celebrate with you and Conrad in beautiful Harpswell. Your wedding rocked!

Kaitlin · Married on 05/28/2011

This band really made our wedding spectacular. From the minute we began communication with Johnna and the band they made it an easy, enjoyable experience. Johnna walked me through the process from start to finish, her expertise really made a difference. We had the bands guitarist play at our ceremony and he did a wonderful job. The band made all of our special dances very memorable and kept the guests dancing all night! They did a great job of playing music that catered to everyone's tastes as well. Our guests are still talking about how great they were!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Peggy · Married on 05/21/2010

We could not have asked for a better band. we heard them on a music cruise in casco bay before we booked them and moved our date so we could have them play. Our guests LOVED them. They are still telling us how great they are. They learned Jack Johnson's "Better Together' for our first song and I totally recommend "Wonderful World" as a parent song. Amazing job and such a professional band. They are top notch. They set the tone for the night with announcements and every single band member looked like they were just really having FUN.

Sent on 06/10/2010

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you Peggy. You were wonderful to work with. Congratulations to you and John!

Meg · Married on 09/19/2009

Wavelength was fantastic. They followed through on all of my requests throughout the planning process, were able to adapt durring the evening, learned songs that I asked abaout, and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. We couldn't have hoped for anything more.

Sent on 09/29/2009

Linsley · Married on 07/11/2009

Wavelength was our Wedding band of choice for our wedding last summer. What a great choice that was. We had a blast at our wedding and we have to credit Wavelength for providing perfect dinner music, energetic and clear introductions and an evening FULL of dancing and celebrating. They learned songs for us, played only what we wanted to hear and were so much FUN! My husband and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a strong wedding band that can take the lead and read the crowd to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves. They were very affordable providing extreme value. Also the attention to detail and the response time is AMAZING. This makes planning your big day even easier knowing they have everything under control. If you are on the fence... just go ahead and book Wavelength. You won't be disappointed; we promise!

Sent on 09/30/2010

Alissa · Married on 02/28/2009

We had a fantastic experience with Wavelengths band. From the planning through the performance, they were fun and easy to work with and willing to bend to our every request to make our wedding day exactly as we envisioned it. The band manager, Johnna, was a pleasure. She made the planning simple and straightforward. For our wedding, the band played our first dance song, Moondance, just a we requested it so we could perform our newly learned ballroom dance skills. The band leader did a beautiful job with our announcements and kept the whole evening running smoothly. Th band learned a special song at our request that we wanted to dedicate to my late father. Their performance was just spectacular. Our guests did not sit down for a single song. The dance floor was full all night, and we had the most perfect wedding imaginable.

Sent on 03/25/2009
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 07/25/2008

I could not say enough about Wavelength. My husband and I wanted a band that would have everyone on the dance floor all night. They interacted with all of the guests and are very very talented. I am originally from Georgia and we got married in Maine. I guess one of my guests requested Georgia by Ray Charles. The band did not know it but went out on their break looked up the music and played it the next set.

Johnna, their manager, was unbelievable. Of all the vendors I spoke to she was above and beyond the best. She was almost like my wedding planner when it came to the flow of the reception with the band. She made things so easy. I give them an A++++++++ or a 10 whichever works best for you. You can email me if you have any questions about them. Jvanh18054@yahoo.com

Sent on 08/28/2008

Michelle · Married on 07/07/2007

We used Wavelength for our wedding in July of 2007. The band was excellent! They played a great selection of music that encouraged the guests to dance. They were also very easy to work with. They were responsive to our questions before the event, flexible about the set-up at the reception (outdoors, in a tent, on a rainy day), and friendly and accommodating with the guests’ requests. They helped to make our reception a fun event. We would recommend them to others without hesitation.

Sent on 04/12/2010

Ham · Married on 06/28/2014

Johnna, thanks to all of your troupe from Gail and I. You guys were real pros, great musicians, knew all the right songs, kept to our playlist, and got everybody out on the dance floor all night long. The music at the ceremony was also perfect and with good acoustics. You guys are a real steal at your price! -Ham Clark (father of the bride)

Sent on 07/04/2014

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for the review, Ham. It was a pleasure to play for Laura and David's wedding. It was a fabulous day! All our best!

Emily · Married on 07/06/2013

Wavelength was the perfect choice for our wedding! Everyone (and I mean, everyone!) danced all night. My husband is Chilean and I am American, so we wanted music that both families and cultures could enjoy and Wavelength did a great job of playing songs that everyone knew and loved. We were also looking for vendors that we could work with from overseas because we were living in Australia and planning a wedding that would take place in Maine. Johnna, the manager of Wavelength, did an amazing job at staying in contact with us throughout the year, and made it so easy to plan from another country.
    I highly recommend Wavelength - a professional, talented, fun, and wonderful band!

Sent on 07/27/2013

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you for the review Emily!

Rhianon · Married on 09/02/2017

We had wavelength for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and they were truly exceptional. Johnna is extremely professional and accommodating, and the band is incredibly talented! The videos online do not fully do them justice. As an example, we had a wedding song choreographed, and they learned our exact cut of our song flawlessly! Everyone was raving about them, and the dance floor was packed all night! I'm so glad we listened to all these other glowing reviews. 10000% satisfied and more!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Rhianon. We are proud you went with Wavelength for your wedding entertainment. It was an honor to personalize your special day! What a great group of dancers! Our best wishes to you both!

Leigh · Married on 08/06/2016

We feel so lucky to have had Wavelength perform at our wedding reception in New Hampshire. From beginning to end, they were wonderful to work with. Planning from a distance (and managing an eight hour time difference) can be challenging, but working with Johnna made it a breeze. But most importantly, Wavelength are outstanding musicians and a great band.

We opted for the six-member band for our reception, and were glad we did. Their repertoire is fantastic, and they had us and our guests dancing all night long. All the vocalists were very strong, and we especially appreciated how attentive they were to managing the volume and audio balance. Everything sounded great. Their support on MCing the wedding was also invaluable and so nicely done. We highly recommend choosing Wavelength - you will love them!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Wavelength's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. We had a great time making these wonderful plans with you from miles away and setting the tone for a memorable wedding celebration! Thank you for choosing Wavelength!

Great to work with. Extremely responsive and professional. These guys put on a solid performance that all of our guests enjoyed and even learned some new tunes just for our event. They were very good with adhering to our wishes and were attentive to all of the little details.

Sent on 11/08/2012

Very friendly group! The set up quick and had our guests up and dancing in no time. They were great with real time requests as well as delivered everything we talked about before hand.

Sent on 09/08/2014

The band was attentative, lead singer was amazing. Be extremely precise with break scheduling and events during the reception such as cutting of th cake. Overall they did a great job and would hire them again but I would be extremely precise as to exactly when breaks should be done and exactly what should be played.

Sent on 06/11/2014