76 Reviews for Waterford at Springfield

Linens (5)
Event Rentals (2)
Outside Cake (2)
76 Waterford at Springfield Reviews

The Waterford was amazing!! Kevin and Nerisha took great care of all of the details. When I arrived for the reception there was a fantastic spot for the bridal party to rest after all of the photos and ceremony. The setup looked beautiful and the food was amazing! The professionalism shown by the staff is unbeatable and I couldn't be more pleased with how great everyone was.
We had a cocktail hour prior to the reception and that was perfect. Delicious food and drinks and all of the guests enjoyed it. And before I, the bride, went in to see everyone, the staff was courteous enough to bring snacks and drinks to the bridal party.
I would highly recommend the waterford for any event!!!

Profile Picture Stacey, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs

The Waterford provided everything except the DJ, wedding cake, and seating chart. They literally took care of so many details that we could enjoy planning our wedding reception instead of worrying ourselves to a frazzle. Our guests commented most favorably on the quality and quantity of food, the quality and attentiveness of the staff, and the ambiance of the facility for the occasion. We had about 175 guests and the Waterford took care of them in fine fashion.

Profile Picture Mark, 4/17/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Event Rentals, Indoor, Linens, Chairs

I couldn't recommend the Waterford enough!!!! They were so helpful and accommodating for me during my wedding, they truly went above and beyond to make sure that my day went off without a hitch. They helped me with centerpieces and set up decorations for me and every single time I had even the smallest question they got back to me as soon as they could and would help me with whatever I needed. The food was delicious and the venue is very elegant. I HIGHLY recommend the Waterford.

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/10/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Event Rentals, Chairs, Outside Cake

The Waterford in Springfield is an absolutely wonderful facility. I am having my wedding there in Oct 2016. The venue is very elegant very clean and the staff is so professional! Kevin is awesome to work with. I cannot wait til my big day!!!

Profile Picture DomoNique, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Indoor

The Waterford is a beautiful venue. Kevin is very friendly and helpful from the first meeting until the event. They are flexible with making minor adjustments to the menu, and they discuss every detail of the event. They work well with other vendors. Angela, the banquet manager, was friendly and accommodating. All the guests commented on how lovely the venue is. When we had our final meeting, Kevin offered us a room that was slightly larger and prettier at no extra cost. The only reason I deducted a half star for the value is because they charged an extra $1 per person to have 2 starches and 1 vegetable instead of 1 starch and 2 vegetables$5 per person for the dipping items for the chocolate fountain, which adds up when you are paying for 80 guests. The dipping items were appropriate, but nowhere near worth $400. They offered to substitute the dessert item for the dipping items, but my daughter wanted the guests to have a choice.

Profile Picture User7190706, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
1.2

Gave me a $62.00 discount off 40 more people I added at 120.00 a person. That's a .006% discount. I will never recommend The Waterford at Springfield to anyone.

Profile Picture User6422012, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Indoor, Outside Cake

Thank you for hosting us for my son's wedding on August 7 2016,every thing was amazing timely professional and top five star service
I would highly recommend this place

Profile Picture Fadwa, 8/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Having our wedding reception at the Waterford in Springfield is the best value around in the DMV area! We are lucky enough to get our wedding package for a discount, since our date was the day after Christmas. We worked with Nerisha Uprety and she was very friendly, understanding, patient and accommodating to our needs. She was courteous enough to see if we were able to set up a few days early of Christmas week. Nerisha definitely made the wedding preparations so much easier to deal with after only having 3 months to plan it. The Waterford also had a really great package deal that included a lot for the price - cocktail hour, plated dinner, 4 hours of open bar, and 5 hours of reception. We highly enjoyed the food tasting and chose the Pork Medallions with Apple Ragout. However, we found that the portions served at the wedding was much smaller than what we were given at the food tasting - and we were told that the portion served during food tasting would be the same for the wedding. Other than that, we really enjoyed having our wedding reception at the Waterford in Springfield. The staff was very friendly and provided us drinks and a plate full of cocktail hour food for us in our suite.

Profile Picture Khanh, 12/26/15, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Chairs

Had our reception here. It was flawless. The management is very nice and accommodating. Even made some last minute changes without any issues. Would recommend this place to everyone. Thanks Waterford.

Profile Picture User5119243, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding here two weeks ago. Staff was very attentive and extremely nice. Kevin was very pleasurable to work with and we felt comfortable after dropping our wedding items off!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/13/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Waterford has an excellent staff and great management. It was very easy to deal with them during our wedding planning and they are very flexible in any changes that you would like to make. My husband and I have no complaints about how our wedding went! I would definitely recommend The Waterford to anyone in the area that is looking for a great reception hall with good food.

Profile Picture Amaleya, 11/7/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Waterford at Springfield was the venue of choice when we were searching for a location for our wedding. The location of this venue was easy to find and accessible. The venue is classy, beautiful, the service was outstanding and exceeded our expectations. The staff from beginning to our big day were attentive, informative and absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this location to all my family, friends, co workers and anyone looking to have an event.

Profile Picture Connected, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Waterford staff particularly Kevin, Nerisha and the head chef were extremely nice...they made sure all our needs were attended to in a timely fashion. I called Kevin several times and he always responded with such professionalism. I only had one negative encounter with who I later found out was one of the owners who was very rude on the phone and ended up hanging up on me which threw me for a loop...the staff later explained that it was out of character for him and he was "going through a lot", if it wasn't for the the consistent professional treatment prior I would lose my mind because there is absolutely no excuse...people have bad days...the customer should never know that...I believe his name was Alex. Like I said, Kevin and Nerisha who you would be dealing with on a regular basis for your event are always professional and so very helpful...they make the quality of service at this place...they rock!
The Waterford gets an A plus for responsiveness and flexibility...the payment schedule was well laid out and I was able to call Kevin to authorize payments with no problems at all...very convenient and I never had to wait to talk to a staff member...even if I left a message, they called back in a timely manner.
The value...I like that they offer some "all inclusive" packages...I thought the food could have been better...it was great at the tasting but at the event, it was a little "cafeteria bordering"...I think an upgrade to the menu is due. It may be my Jamaican taste buds that call for a little more seasoning though because the guests didn't complain(not sure they would). We had a brisket and chicken dish. The Chef is very willing to work with clients to create a dish that suits your taste which was a plus. Overall the Waterford was very nice...the staff was great at the actual wedding as well...very attentive to my husband and I. We had a blast and everything was handled expertly!

Profile Picture Traciea, 5/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies

I am very happy that we chose the Waterford at Springfield.
Just wanted to say thank you so much to Nerisha, Kevin chef Mike and the staff served our food, Nerisha and Kevin help us a lot thru the process, it was excellent service and we really appreciate it..
Our guest called me the following day and everyone said they enjoyed the wedding party the place is very elegant and food is really good and entertainment is excellent...

JEER

Profile Picture User4001874, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Waterford at Springfield provides an exquisite venue to hold a wedding or any elaborate event. The ambiance with the crystal chandelier made the event that much more beautiful. My daughter's wedding was held there and the service provided was great. The food was excellent. The staff catered to our every need and was very courteous and professional.

I recommend this venue if you are looking for a very nice atmosphere with great food.

Profile Picture Rhonda, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

great place, great people, everybody was very helpful , i have million of thank for everyone there, they made my wedding day very special.

Profile Picture User2668354, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
2.6

I waited a month to calm down before reviewing the Waterford. The venue is beautiful and has good food. However, Nerisha made a few inexcusable mistakes during our wedding. She then denied any wrong doing or responsibility. It all started when we paid her the balance. Once Nerisha had the money she stopped talking to me. That isn't helpful the week before or of a wedding. Consequently she forgot to tell me that the bridal room they "let" me use would be changed for the morning of my event. The confusion caused a delay that had me running to the church like a mad woman. The stress showed in my expensive prep photos. Nerisha also forgot to tell event staff that the cake was to be moved to the dance floor for the cutting. I had to correct them, and in the rush we ended up on the wrong side of it. Then she forgot the numerous discussions we had on stopping open bar during dinner, even though my husband, mother, and aunt witnessed the first discussion. It was important to me that the open bar run from 5:30-7:30 and 8:30-10:30 so that the 4 hours would last the entire night without ending the party early. The only question was whether I would want wine service during the dinner hour, which I decided against. She didn't take note of this and the event manager didn't stop the service. So at 9:30 they approached my husband asking for $400 to continue the bar. I was furious given the other events and yelled at him for extorting us. They negotiated to not charge us, but to end the bar at 10, thereby ending the party early. I apologized for losing my temper realizing it was not his fault but Nerisha's. Oh btw for the rehearsal they didn't even realize their sound system can play from phones or computers, my husband had to buy a cable and show them how it worked. I still can't believe she wouldn't take responsibility for her incompetence.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Rachelle, 5/11/13, 5 Reviews
3.0

Before I booked this venue, I had read a google review that warned me that another wedding could be taking place at the same time as mine and that they tend to clear the dinner service early. Even with that warning, I booked the Waterford, but unfortunately I did experience those two things as well.

They helped to make the planning process go pretty well, but it was the service during the wedding that I was not thrilled with. I was told the tables and centerpieces would be set up by 11 am the day of the wedding, but when we arrived to set up, only the tables were set up. After waiting a couple of hours for set up to be completed by the Waterford, the bridesmaids and family had to finish the set up because time was running out.

I was told that the plated dinner service could be delivered in 30 minutes, which I needed to do because my photographer was leaving before the wedding ended. The dinner service ended up taking almost 2 hours, and lucky for me my photographer was willing to work with me.

In the end, I had a beautiful wedding and the Waterford was a nice bang for my buck. I would only recommend this venue for a friend having a wedding on a budget. If you can afford to go somewhere else, I would suggest that.

Profile Picture Dashe, 5/4/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have asked for a better experience! I had both my ceremony and reception at the Waterford at Springfield and everything went so perfectly!!! The staff is professional and extremely helpful. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Brandy, 12/15/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Waterford made the experience worry-free. The day was perfect and the service and food was amazing.

Profile Picture User2226687, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

They were amazing. Helpful, professionaly, and did everything I could have possibly wanted or needed to make my day special!

Profile Picture Sonia, 9/15/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I believe the Waterford at Springfield is a beautiful venue, I love the food, everything was perfect. I recomended for you next event. Nerisha was always so nice and her sister in-law too. Everybody enjoyed it.
Olivia and Myles

Profile Picture User2175065, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews

OUR WEDDING WAS AMAZING!
From the moment we walked in and met with the staff at the Waterford we knew this was were we should host our wedding events, ceremony and reception! The design, professional staff, and other services that were provided made our day so memorable; my husband and I will never forget it! The venue was so much more cost effective than other venues in this area. You'll definitely get so much more for your money! Maximum flexibility on payments, which was so great! The staff was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. The decoration were wonderful and incredible. Everyone was amazed at how beautiful our venue looked, particularly with the overhead elegance. We were impressed with how quickly and efficiently everyone worked to set up and take down the room from ceremony to reception. The Waterford went above and beyond our expectation. Thank you so much!!!

Profile Picture Veronica, 8/4/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception here. The food was amazing! I only wish I could have had more of it. The prices were great! We had a wonderful staff to work with. I highly recommend this place. They also worked great with our other vendors.

Profile Picture April, 6/9/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Waterford is a wonderful one stop shop kinda place to get married! Because my family is from afar, it was easiest to have the wedding ceremony and reception at the same location, centered by a variety of different hotels! All of the special requests we made were met (contrary to pasts reviews that I read), they were accommodating to my decor preference (candles lining the aisles) and our changes to the seasoning and cooking style of the food! There was a tiny mixup with my placecards(not escort cards) which caused a big commotion because they took them out of their table specific bags and spread them onto one table, but my wedding planner was able to fix it as best she could. Otherwise everything went off without a hitch! If you are looking for a good value, this is the best way to go!

Profile Picture LaKrishna, 5/27/12, 5 Reviews