Washington Talent Agency Reviews

669 | Rockville, MD

669 Reviews for Washington Talent Agency

Pamela V. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Halloween Wedding, Rocked it!!!

Best Band Ever! Book your wedding date around what dates they have open! Love, love , love this band.

Sent on 12/08/2020

Lori R. · Getting married on 01/10/2022

Video team was invaluable on wedding day!

Two weeks before our daughter and son-in-law's wedding, we came to the realization that we hadn't planned to video the event, but that if we didn't have video, our beloved family and friends who couldn't attend due to covid restrictions would never be able to experience our complete joy. I contacted Jack Hartzman at Washington Talent Agency and within one conversation I breathed a sigh of relief. He had a plan and intuitively knew exactly what we needed. He and the video team were so professional, knowledgable, creative and fun! They were able to Zoom the ceremony, and thus we were able to share the joyous moments. This was particularly special for our son-in-law's grandparents who could not travel to be with us. And bride and groom took a few moments immediately following the ceremony to greet them on Zoom, which was priceless. The video footage of the whole event is a wonderful keepsake. I feel so fortunate that we found Jack and Washington Talent, who were really invaluable and so wonderful to work with.

Sent on 02/22/2021

Cheryl W. · Getting married on 10/01/2021

Professional, talented, experienced, polished, damn good

WT came highly recommended by an event coordinator and by Steve Ornstein of Edge Flowers. My calls and questions were answered quickly and with answers that gave me options. My daughter settled on the band Onyx based on reviews and local chatter. EVERYTHING said about Onyx is true; the music NEVER stops even during the dining portion of the evening. They have an energy and enthusiasm that encouraged to keep you on the dance floor. It didn't hurt that mini-desserts were passed out while everyone was dancing. There was no sitting down at this wedding....too much dancing to do!

Sent on 01/22/2020

Lisa W. · Married on 03/04/2021

Onyx — Mike and Lisa Wilson’s Wedding — Sagamore Pendry — April 27, 2019

My husband, Mike and I were married at the Sagamore Pendry on April 27, 2019. We chose the band Onyx as our entertainment. They played at our ceremony, at our cocktail hour and the full band, plus we added three horns, played for our reception. We cannot say enough about how talented and professional each and every one of these musicians were. The music at the ceremony was beautiful, and at the cocktail hour, more upbeat but not overpowering as our guests mingled and talked. Finally, we cannot say enough about the reception! The dance floor was packed before and after dinner, as the band played for two and a half more hours, our guests never left the dance floor! Our guests RAVED about Onyx and said they haven’t danced that much in years. We even had a guests from Australia who wanted to know if they would fly there if he and his wife ever had an event! If you are looking for a band to play at a wedding or simply any event — Onyx is your band! Thank You to Onyx for making our wedding so fun and memorable, not only for us but for our guests!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine R. · Married on 02/11/2021

Prime Time brought the party!

Prime Time absolutely brought our wedding to the next level. From the beautiful processional music (acoustic guitar), to the added vocals of our cocktail hour, the full band (7pc) brought the house down and kept everyone dancing all night long. We were able to choose songs from every era, much to the delight of our relatives, and the lead singer had us dying laughing when they improvised a song to get everyone into the reception hall for dinner and away from the bar. Their ease of selections and ability to cater to every request made us so happy with our decision and certainly reason to recommend for any major event in the future!

Sent on 11/22/2020
  • Alan

Alan K. · Married on 12/08/2020

MILLENNIUM: The Best Wedding Band Period.

Picking the right wedding band can make or break a reception. We had initially heard about Travis and Millennium from friends who had seen them play live. As we reviewed various group videos, we instantly connected with the powerful voices and wide range of genres Millennium seem to effortlessly perform. Looking through their song list, we knew pretty quickly that they were our perfect match.

We had a few sentimental requests and a few favorites we absolutely needed for some of the dances, but we wanted more of an energy and flow than a set playlist. When we communicated that to Travis during our planning meeting, he was right on board. This song list could have been overwhelming by its sheer depth and length, but the planning call with Travis’ confident and professional approach took the worry away.

The day of, Travis, Iggy, Laura and the band absolutely crushed it. We had a crowd of 260 guests and nearly every one of them came up to dance. Just as promised, Millennium just kept the energy pulsing but also expertly modulated the level to fit the different parts of the reception. There was really no noticeable break in the music at all, as one would finish a song, the other two would transition in seamlessly.

Vocally, each and every member(including the backline) is a powerhouse. Each solo, a pitch perfect masterpiece. A special shoutout, to Laura, who was in her third trimester and just killing one of the best Adele covers we’ve ever heard!

Throughout the reception, guests just kept coming up to us asking about the band, raving about the band. They echoed a common refrain from the other reviews here, one that is absolutely true and earned. Millennium is the best wedding band period. Thank you guys, for making our wedding unforgettable.

Sent on 07/08/2020
  • Carly

Carly R. · Married on 10/24/2020

Most Amazing Night!!

Like many out there, I imagine your wedding plans are changing right about now. My husband and I decided that what mattered most to us was being surrounded by people we love and make our wedding special. We planned a covid safe backyard wedding with just 25 family members and the one thing that I knew I wanted, was a band. Lucky for us, Onyx was available and made our night so memorable and so fun!
    For months, no one in my family had celebrated any occasion together and the fact that we were able to let lose, drink a little and dance the night away made our wedding that much more special. Onyx was so easy to work with, played amazing music and even learned a special song for my 'father daughter dance.'
    I promise, I could not recommend a better band to have a great night with and also feel safe at the same time!
    Onyx - you helped make our night the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor T. · Married on 10/24/2020

Onyx was the best!

If you are debating getting a band at your wedding, I would highly suggest Washington Talent Agency & ONYX in particular. We were able to go to a showcase prior to making our decision and immediately knew that we wanted a band that was as lively and made the crowd want to dance. My father in law (who doesn't dance) even said that he had to get on the dance floor - they were just that good. One of my favorite things about ONYX was that they played continuously throughout our wedding. There was no awkward silence and truly set the vibe for a great evening! Thank you ONYX for a great night!

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Teran

Teran H. · Married on 10/16/2020

Washington Talent - Band (Encore)

I used the band Encore for my mini wedding this October and they were absolutely amazing!! HIGHLY recommend using them. They had an amazing energy, played great songs and kept everyone on their feet all night long. Not to mention they played the best beats. Thanks again Encore and Washington Talent!

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie C. · Married on 09/19/2020

Spectrum is the band you need

As a bride who did extensive research on wedding bands in the Maryland/DC area & attended multiple showcases and gigs to find the right team, I can tell you YOUR SEARCH CAN END HERE! SPECTRUM is one of a kind, and you should just book them right now! My wedding was 9/19/2020, and SPECTRUM had everyone dancing all night long! Everyone is apprehensive with COVID, but SPECTRUM was able to deliver a truly earth shattering performance & I do not for one minute regret our decision to go forth because we were able to safely party & have the night of our lives. SPECTRUM does it all & had a playlist with a little something for guests of all ages, my NY family was truly blown away. SPECTRUM is so unique in that they are so dynamic & have so many vocalists that they never “take a break” & keep the energy high all night. Do yourself a favor & hire them, they will not disappoint & Ben was so easy to work with in making plans leading up to the day.

Sent on 09/21/2020

Eddie F. · Married on 07/01/2020

Washington Talent Agency Rocks!

As an event planner and venue manager, we love working with Washington Talent Agency. They are go-getters for their clients and represent some of the best party bands on the East Coast. The staff has super positive vibes and they truly care about their clients and vendor partners. I highly recommend booking your entertainment through WTA!

Sent on 04/21/2020

Dale B. · Married on 02/08/2020

An Incredible DC Wedding!

Millennium is an absolutely incredible and versatile group - really... there is no need to look elsewhere!!

As a fellow musician (and "father of the groom"), who has performed at hundreds of successful events over the years, I was extremely particular in making sure that we had secured the best band available for our son's wedding. Remember, the thing that your guests will remember most is whether they had a great time - and I can tell you that Millennium delivered beyond our expectations!

They are committed in totally customizing the evening for you, and can really do it all - delivering superb musical quality with so much versatility, enthusiasm, and energy. They segue throughout the evening playing non-stop, and trust me, your guests will never leave the dance floor. I can attest as someone who as performed professionally, that Millennium is definitely the only entertainment that I would even suggest that you consider for an event of a lifetime!

THANK YOU Millennium for everything - you have far exceeded a five-star recommendation!!

Sent on 02/15/2020
  • Angela

Angela A. · Married on 12/31/2019

Stop looking & go hire millennium!

OMG - I cannot say enough good things about Millennium. their energy, stage presence, talent, song choice...everything was PERFECT! Our dance floor was packed for the entire evening and afterwards our guests couldn't stop commenting on how fantastic the band was. A great band can truly make a wedding and that's exactly what Millennium does - HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Nancy P. · Married on 12/10/2019

Spectrum was out of this world

Of the 200 guests who attended this wedding, I feel like I heard from at least half of them who were totally blown away by Spectrum...their music, their sound, their ability to get the party going, just everything about them. I can tell you that as the mother of the bride, I was standing under the chuppah and could see the accompanist signaling to someone inside to adjust the volume on the mic of the officiant and it was done instaneously. And this is just about the tiniest example of the level of professionalism of Spectrum.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Emily

Emily H. · Married on 11/23/2019

Spectrum is the right move

My Fiancé and I were so incredibly amazed by Spectrum! They were the best band you could imagine. Our dance floor was PACKED ALL NIGHT! They sang every song we requested and their vocals were phenomenal. You seriously cannot go wrong with this band!!!!!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Conor · Married on 10/12/2019

Spectrum rocked the house

We hired Spectrum for our wedding and we had guests literally screaming at the end of the night for an encore - they were amazing! They had such great energy and they kept guests of all ages on the dance floor all night. They played all the songs that we loved, and even learned a few songs that were special to us but weren't on their song list. We couldn't be happier - thank you so much for making our wedding reception so memorable!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah D. · Married on 10/12/2019

the Band Onyx

My husband and I hired Onyx for our wedding 10/12/19 after they came highly recommended. We are both so happy that we did, they kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. They played a perfect blend of Motown and current hits, which is exactly what we wanted! Our friends and family members are still raving about how amazing the band was and we are trying to search for another excuse to hire them!

Sent on 05/18/2020

Barbara · Married on 10/05/2019

ONYX was outstanding! All night long, our guest kept asking "where did you find this band? Typically ONYX is an 8 piece band but because my daughter was married on a Friday and the venue said we could only have up to a five pierce band, they accommodated us. I just can imagine what they would do and sound like with all eight of them! They kept our guest engaged all night and intermingled with the crowd. I typically don't dance at weddings, but I didn't sit down all night. It was truly a magical night. My daughter and her new husband could not have been happier with their choice. If you are looking for a exceptional experience, ONYX is the band you want. Sincerely, Barb

Sent on 09/30/2013
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 10/05/2019

Onyx band made our wedding!

I cannot speak highly enough of the Onyx Band through Washington Talent Agency - from the moment we booked them through the last song at our wedding, they were incredible, professional, and everything we wanted in a wedding band. If you are looking for a fun band to make your wedding the classiest, but most fun, wedding of the decade - BOOK ONYX!

Before the wedding - David was extremely helpful in working on our timeline, special plans, songs, etc. for us. We had a few special requests to personalize our reception, and they hit the mark on every single one. I wanted to play my parents anniversary song, and they learned it for us!

During the wedding - Onyx kept every guest up dancing the entire night. They followed our likes/dislikes of songs, but used their judgment (which we told them to) to keep the crowd going. They also kept us on track from an "MC" perspective - e.g. introducing the bouquet toss, garter, etc.

If you are looking for a band, seriously look no further. Book Onyx!

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Sabrina

Sabrina S. · Married on 09/28/2019

Spectrum band was phenomenal

We booked Spectrum for my wedding after having had them perform at my sister’s wedding 5 years ago! They were so amazing then, we knew immediately we would eventually book them for my future wedding and they definitely did not disappoint. They do such an incredible job of reading the crowd and playing songs that get people on their feet! They even accommodated my request to shorten our first dance song (it was over 4 mins and we only wanted to dance for 3). Ben sent me an edited 3-minute version ahead of time so we could practice and it was perfect. They are so easy to work with and truly ensure your night is full of awesome music and dancing! We got compliments about the band and how fun dancing was all night. Would absolutely recommend!!!!!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing experience with Onyx

Endless compliments for how fun the band was and how engaging they were! One of my guests has already engaged them for her wedding next summer. Would recommend Onyx to anyone planning their wedding!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Katherine · Married on 09/14/2019

Best night of our lives!

We hired Black Tie Band after hearing them at our friend's wedding and they did not disappoint! We absolutely loved working with John before, he got our vision, gave us suggestions and ultimately made sure we had the party that we wanted! Day of the band outdid themselves, Jamie absolutely rocked the stage! Hire these people ASAP!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2019

Millenium is AWESOME

What can we possibly say about Millennium that has not already been said? They are AWESOME. These are true professionals who know their art, the nuances of their business, and have an incredible amount of pure talent. Millennium worked with us during the planning process and they were consistently gracious and accommodating. They even worked with my husband to coordinate him surprising me by singing Stand By Me. They were incredibly accommodating of him and this request and made sure everything went smoothly. We spent the entire year leading up to our wedding talking up how awesome Millennium was going to be, and they truly delivered and knocked it out of the park. At 8 months pregnant, Laura still sang the roof off the house. Travis had our guests applauding his many talents from the moment they sat for dinner until the last song of the night. Iggy's infectious personality draws you in from the minute you meet and keeps everyone hyped up throughout the whole night. They played for 5 hours through dinner and an extended reception and kept our dance floor packed until midnight. I’m pretty sure people would have stayed until 3 am dancing to Millennium if we had let them! We could not be happier and truly could not more highly recommend Millennium. You will most certainly have an amazing party with Millennium as your band.

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Barbara

Barbara S. · Married on 09/11/2019

Spectrum is extraordinary!

Working with Ben Kaufman and Spectrum was extraordinary. The band is so professional. We had them play at our oldest daughter's wedding in 2013 and again last night at our youngest daughter's wedding. Their sound and their energy make for a wonderful celebration. In addition, the band learned three new songs for last night's wedding and each of them was fantastic. We highly recommend Spectrum to our family and friends!

Howard and Barb Siegel

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole W. · Married on 09/01/2019

Prime Time & Washington Talent Agency Contact Alan Shor are the BEST

Working in the event business in Cleveland, Ohio for many years, I found myself outside my comfort zone when my son told me they wanted their wedding to be in Baltimore (the city they both are working in). Knowing very well that music is the most important part of any celebration, I started researching bands. Fortunately for me, I found Washington Talent Agency and consultant, Alana Shor. Alana directed me to the bands that were available. Not living in town, I listened to videos and read reviews from other customers. The minute I heard PRIME TIME BAND I knew they were the band for us!! There were bands that had more reviews than they had but after one listen I knew I had found the right band for our wedding. Let me tell you they did not disappoint! From my first phone call with Robert Stocks (the band leader) I knew I was in very capable hands and my worries were over. Robert knows how to time a a party better than anyone....so listen to him. The band was absolutely incredible. The dance floor was packed all evening and no one wanted this wedding to end. PRIME TIME BAND is very professional. Their song selection is perfect and they know exactly how to keep the crowd going. If music is important to you I suggest hiring this band and Alana Shor as your consultant. You will thank me. If you would like to speak to me by phone, I am giving permission to have Alana give you my number. I know how much it helps to speak to someone that has used the band and I would be happy to answer questions about our experience. On a side note, don't worry if you are not in the Baltimore/DC area as this band WILL travel. A big shout out to PRIME TIME BAND members and to the very best entertainment consultant and coordinator from Washington Talent Agency, Alana Shor (whom I now consider my friend) YOU MADE OUR WEDDING!!!
    Nanette Ross