578 Reviews for Washington Talent Agency

Liability Insurance (4)
Bilingual MC (1)
Projector (1)
569 Washington Talent Agency Reviews

Spectrum was a big portion of a budget but worth the investment. They were lively, entergetic, and played the entire reception, taking no set breaks. I’m especially glad we booked our duo for cocktail hour. They did a great job modifying some current songs to change their sounds to match our requests.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

The first thing all our guests told us was that we had the best wedding band they’d ever seen. Millennium set the tone in all the right ways and we can’t recommend them highly enough. From the first song to the last dance they are the best!!

Profile Picture Halley, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Spectrum brought a full service band, with horns to help us celebrate our Great Gatsby style party. They played such great music at the beginning, to set the mood and turned it up and got modern, as the night progressed. They were on the dancefloor singing and really engaged with our guests. They were great at reading the crowd and kept people on the dance floor. They are easily able to cover SO many different genres, so well.
I would easily book them again and recommend them to a friend. They were easy to use, professional and made the party a success. SOOOOO many of our guests commented on how good the band was and loved the time they spent celebrating with us.
book them. now.

Profile Picture leah, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Onyx was amazing. We could not be happier with them. They were very helpful with all of the planning, including helping us choose our songs, and at the wedding itself, they executed the itinerary perfectly. Their performance knocked it out of the park, and we've already received tons of compliments from our guests. They had everyone out on the dance floor all night long, and were incredibly interactive with us and our guests! We would highly recommend Onyx to anyone.

Profile Picture Justin, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

Spectrum was absolutely AMAZING at our wedding! We had so many people coming up to us days after wedding telling us how great they were and how much fun they had and it was all thanks to Spectrum. They read the crowd and knew exactly what to play at the right time. They had not only all my college/high school friends up and dancing but all the parents and grandparents as well. The dance floor was packed the entire night and nobody wanted to leave. I would recommend them x1000! They are so worth it! They interacted with all of the crowd, came into the middle of the dance floor and let us sing/play instruments to feel part of the experience. Leading up to the day they were easy to work with, responded quickly, and made sure everything for the night was going to run smoothly. Ben Kaufman was our main PIC from Spectrum and was so great to work with leading up to the day. They even learned all of our first dance, mother/son dance, and father/daughter dance to play even though it wasn't on their song list. Definitely book them!!!

Alana Shor from Washington Talent Agency was a huge help as we were deciding which band to choose. She made sure our band fit our theme perfectly and made the process so smooth. Super quick and responding and very helpful and nice!

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Onyx was absolutely incredible. Everyone raved about how amazing the band was and our dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night. I would 100% book them again and highly recommend them. They interacted with our guests, read the crowd well, and sounded amazing. Having so many lead singers and dynamic personalities makes Onyx the best.

Profile Picture Marissa, 5/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Lance rocked!! I worked with Alana thru the agency and she linked me up with Lance. I spoke to Lance on the phone to share my wishes and by filling out the online survey he was able to make our night magical. The guests had a wonderful time dancing the night away. He played a great variety of music, was timely with ensuring we stuck to a schedule, arrived on time. He gave out glow necklaces and other flashing items that everyone loved. I will be booking him in the future!

Profile Picture Tara, 5/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

My wife and I loved our experience working with Washington Talent Agency. Their customer service was fantastic and we felt taken care of. On the day of our wedding, Spectrum (the band that played) absolutely killed it. All of our guest raved about their incredible energy and how they really brought life to the party. Many thanks especially to Chuck for all of his support.

Profile Picture Evan, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

We had Black Tie Band at our wedding and we cannot say enough good things about this band - they were just amazing!!! After being invited to attend their showcase in Rockville, we knew right away that they were the perfect band for us! Black Tie has an amazing energy and they were so unbelievably easy to work with! They were willing to learn songs for us upon request, and performed our wedding song better than we ever could have imagined. All of our guests were absolutely blown away by Black Tie. They never stopped performing, they engaged with the crowd all night, and every song they sang was better than the last. Do yourself a favor and book Black Tie as your wedding band - they are the best of the best!

Profile Picture Catherine, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

My fiance (I guess now husband!) and I are huge music buffs and we knew from the beginning that the band was one of the TOP priorities, if not THE top. Music is the integral part of setting the tone and mood of a wedding, and WTA and Encore Band went above and beyond to help execute our wedding day! From the get go, our sales rep Dave Sherman was wonderful to work with - he gave great advice, was extremely responsive and professional, and very easy to work with. We had so many questions during our whole planning process and he was awesome and chill while answering our 1000 questions.

Next.... we cannot say enough amazing words about ENCORE BAND. My goodness. We have been to our fair share of weddings, and so many of our friends are huge music fans. Countless people have since then texted us, called us, and told us how Encore Band crushed it and were one of the best bands they've seen. So many people have also come to us saying that Darren's voice reminded them so much of John Legend - if not better! BT (Encore's band leader) was so chill and so awesome to work with. We had so many random requests leading up to our wedding day, and he took each question and request in stride. Encore Band hadn't played at our venue yet, and BT took the extra time to visit the venue on his own and make sure everything would run smoothly day of. Everyone from Encore Band was so wonderful and made our day that much more fun of a celebration. I'm shocked we were able to have Encore Band at our wedding for the price we paid - book them soon before they get bigger! Seriously. Thank you again.

Profile Picture Helen, 4/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Onyx was an amazing band! They have an extremely wide repertoire, worked the crowd and had our entire wedding dancing all night long. They were incredibly responsive to emails and flexible with adjusting the schedule after we had to adjust timing given the March For Our Lives event. We would recommend Onyx to anyone looking for a band to play at their event!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 3/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

Onyx was absolutely amazing. Our guests raved on and on about them to us - even after the wedding! They were so easy to work with and were very flexible in learning the father-daughter dance. They even learned to play a Bruce Springsteen song I told them I liked as a bonus - without me asking. They really were the best band we could ask for.

Profile Picture Moriah, 3/2/18, 1 Review

We got married 02.18.18
Spectrum was our band and we used DaVinci strings for our ceremony music and cocktail hour

Spectrum band: KILLED it. I honestly cannot say enough good things about them. I got comments from young and old how great they were. They energized the crowd, had AMAZING voices and we could not have been happier. I feel so lucky we were able to get them. If you want your wedding/event to be memorable they are it.

Of note: we had them do a hora medley and you would thought they were native Hebrew speakers!

DaVinci strings- we hired a duo and they did a wonderful job with the ceremony. One of the songs they had never played that we wanted. We found the composition and they learned it! During cocktail hour they played a mixture of Beatles, rock, and current radio songs on a cello and violin. People were amazed how cool it was

WTA really came through (thanks Dave Sherman!)

Profile Picture Jill, 2/17/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

Onyx is incredible. You will not find a better event band. Trust me, I looked. Everywhere. They are the very best DC has to offer.

With their fresh takes on old standards (truly incredible arrangements), personal warmth, superb musicianship, and drop dead gorgeous voices, they are sure to bring any crowd in and keep them entertained for the duration.

My only regret in hiring them is that we didn’t book more time. Our guests and ourselves were very disappointed when their 4 hours came to an end.

Thank you so much guys!

Profile Picture Lane, 1/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

I am writing this review for the Band Onyx which we used for my daughters wedding. They were absolutely amazing. The Professionalism, engagement with the crowd, song selection and sound were the best we have ever heard at any event. They did not even take a break and had one soloist play during our dinner which was beautiful and tasteful. When they played the last song our group started screaming one more song which they did. Nobody wanted the event to end! We have used this band before and they were better than ever. This is the top band in the entire DMV area and I we were extremely happy with the result!!!!

Profile Picture Deborah, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

We've been to several weddings but have never experienced a band like this. Spectrum managed to keep everyone on the dance floor throughout the night and didn't skip a beat. They were flexible, respectful with speeches, made us look great at our first dance, and, most of all, were FUN! These guys not only made us feel special at our wedding but they gave us one of the best parties we've ever been too. Could not recommend anyone more than this group!

Profile Picture Jacob, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

ONYX was AMAZING at our wedding!!! They were by far the best part of the night. They have every single person on their feet dancing and it was the party of a lifetime! Not only that, but they were so attentive to us leading up, constantly checking in and making sure they were fully prepped beforehand. Their performance, energy, collaboration with the crowd was so incredible. I cannot say enough great things about this band. We highly recommend them for any event! They are without a doubt the best band we’ve ever had the pleasure in working with! THANK YOU ONYX!!!!!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band

We had Millennium play at our wedding, and we were beyond happy with them! We had a big wedding and the dance floor was PACKED the entire night. So many people during and after the wedding have commented that Millennium was the best wedding band they had ever heard. My husband and his mother danced to a song in Spanish for the mother/son dance, and Travis learned all the lyrics and sang it BEAUTIFULLY. This band is so worth the money!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

We got our Photo booth and band through WTA and they were awesome! The photo booth was a hit and looking through the pictures since our wedding has been so fun. They were even able to take the monogram from our invitations and put it on the photo strips which was a great touch.
We also booked Infusion as our band through WTA and they were AMAZING. Our guests were dancing all night and we got so many compliments on the band. They played the perfect mix of songs. They also helped keep us on track with our schedule for dances, toasts and cake.

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/28/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Our goal was to have a really fun band that could get everyone of all ages up and dancing, and Onyx was absolutely the perfect choice. They were energetic and talented, and handled our requests and needs with ease. They are versatile and can handle many genres of music, and we've received so many compliments on them. They truly know how to throw a fun party, even playing during dinner and not taking breaks, and we couldn't imagine a better band choice!

Profile Picture Dana, 10/28/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel

By choosing Spectrum as our wedding band, our wedding was literally the most fun, memorable, special night of my life. In a few words, Spectrum was insanely talented, super professional, high energy, ridiculously fun, listened to everything my fiance and I wanted in a band, kept the party going all night long, learned our special songs PERFECTLY (including the Game of Thrones theme song). We told them we wanted dancing all night - that is exactly what we got. Even during dinner, there was a huge group dancing to their beautiful music. SO many friends and family told me how incredible the band was during and after the wedding. Basically, if you need a band - hire Spectrum so, as Pedro from Napolean says "your wildest dreams will come true."

Profile Picture Allison, 10/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

This is review is for the band Millennium, however I'll touch on the overall experience with Washington Talent below as well:

Millennium was without a doubt the highlight of our wedding (and everyone attending would surely agree). The band was professional, lively and sounded incredible. Though our wedding is more than a month past, I am still receiving compliments from our guests on how great the wedding band was (and a few have asked if they perform in concert).

During dinner, two members of the band performed a surprise live acoustic set in the dining area (which included a killer acoustic rendition of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's 'Crossroads,' I kid you not). It felt like an intimate performance, that left all of the guests beaming. Following dinner, the band turned it up a few notches for several hours of dancing. The band had our guests (both young and old) dancing the entire night. I am so happy we ended up with Travis and Millennium, and can't recommend them strongly enough to others who believe a great musical set is the best gift you can give back to your guests.

Our experience with Washington Talent was equally pleasant. Dave Sherman, our agent, was attentive and very responsive. We always felt like we were being taken care of. When the act we initially planned to go with was booked by another couple, Dave called right away and promised to make things right. He sent over three more recommendations right away (including Millennium, which we initially thought was out of our price range) and offered to get them to a price we'd be comfortable with.

Thank you, Dave, Travis and the rest of Millennium.

Profile Picture Mathew, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Hiring a band was probably the single most important decision for us leading up to the wedding. And to be blunt, it was the best decision we made. Spectrum was INCREDIBLE.

We had first heard about the band through Washington Talent's website and immediately loved the diversity of music that they played. You name the genre, and Spectrum plays it. But it wasn't only the range of music that was impressive, it was their mastery of each song. This became evident to us when we went out to see the band at a showcase they had. We knew they were the perfect fit.

Leading up to the wedding, the band was incredibly responsive and thoughtful about our musical preferences. They were also thorough and provided very helpful suggestions for the flow of our wedding. Now fast forward to the wedding, Spectrum was nothing short of incredible. They played a non-stop 4-hour set that had all of our guests on the dance floor the entire night. And I promise, that is not an exaggeration. I can't tell you the number of friends and family members that came up to us after the wedding telling us how impressed they were with Spectrum, with some of them telling us it was the best band they had ever seen at a wedding. It was really important to us to have a great vibe at our wedding and Spectrum absolutely delivered.

Put simply, Spectrum is worth every penny of your investment. They put everything into their performance for the night and I promise that you will leave the night feeling great about your decision to go with this band. And i also have to mention that Washington Talent was so easy to work with and was the perfect agency to connect us with the band.

Profile Picture samantha, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, Vocals

5 stars just isn't enough for the BLACK TIE BAND and the Washington Talent Agency. From the first inquiry over a year ago to the last dance this past weekend, I could not have been more pleased with WTA. My husband and I had the time of our lives and our guests can't stop talking about how amazing our band was! My photographer wanted one more group picture toward the end of the night but she couldn't get me off the dance floor and I'm definitely not mad about it! Without a doubt the Black Tie Band was the best decision we made at our wedding and worth every single penny! I can't thank them enough for making our special day that much more memorable!!

Profile Picture Kara, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music