27 Reviews for Milwaukee County War Memorial Center

Indoor (3)
Parking (3)
Wheelchair Access (2)
Scenic Views (1)

When we first began planning our wedding, we knew that we wanted to have it held at the Milwaukee County War Memorial simply because military has been a huge part of our family's life and the views were unbeatable. This was just the tip of the iceberg! From the beginning, Jennifer was prompt with any inquiring that we had and went above and beyond. Fast-forward to the day of... again, Jennifer was so helpful with accommodating all of our requests and her assistant, Joy, was literally the best to work with throughout the day. Everything went absolutely flawless, minus some annoying rain, but they worked around and through it. The evening was absolutely perfect-more than we could have ever hoped for! We got so many compliments on the professionalism of the staff and how beautiful the venue was. Thank you for making our day so wonderful!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Andy, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

While planning for our wedding, my husband and I must have toured 10 venues throughout Milwaukee, keeping a detailed pro/con chart for each. After just a few minutes into our meeting at the War Memorial we threw aside our charts and booked their last available 2018 date. The ceremony view was incredible, prices were competitive and Jennifer (event coordinator) was amazing! We booked the venue having only seen mock-ups of the planned Memorial Hall renovations but felt like the work that was actually done to the hall far exceeded our expectations. It's been a month since our wedding and our guests are still talking about how beautiful the ceremony AND the reception hall looked. Jennifer was patient and responsive throughout the entire process. She and Joy arrived early the day of and stuck around for as long as we needed to ensure things ran as smoothly as possible. My husband and I feel like the luckiest couple to have had such a great experience with the venue and with the event team.

Photo for Milwaukee County War Memorial Center Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Sarah, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

War Memorial staff were very helpful and kind. They assisted in coordinating all the reception vendors and setting up meetings and keeping things together. They were very attentive through the whole process. The War Memorial spaces are beautiful and very elegantly laid out.

Profile Picture Sylvia, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had such a wonderful experience with the War Memorial and the pictures were absolutely stunning! Jennifer was sooooo helpful and really wonderful to work with! We only did the ceremony there with a mini cocktail hour there and we're so happy with how everything turned out! Not to mention it ended up raining during our ceremony and they waited as long as possible to move it under the overhang. We are so glad we went with the War Memorial!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/2/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Scenic Views

My husband and I used to live in downtown Milwaukee. Every time we would walk by the area, I always told him that I would like to get married at the War Memorial. The area is absolutely stunning... beautiful views with a lot of history. Since my husband is in the military, we were able to get a discount on the venue. Also, the helpfulness of Jennifer and the staff won us over. Emails were responded promptly, and as the wedding day got closer, everything came together. Jennifer was also great at calming my anxiety as the day got closer. On the day of the wedding, everything was beautiful. The staff did all the set up (chairs, tables), cleaning, and tear down of the chairs/tables. The husband and I highly recommend the War Memorial!

Profile Picture Cindy, 9/3/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Uncovered Outdoor

The space is wonderful when you include the Fitch Plaza with the view of the Lake, Calatrava, and downtown. The Fitch Plaza also got a makeover, adding space along with some well thought out additions for plants. Our host Jen was great, on top of everything we needed, and she thought ahead about how the day would go to anticipate things we didnt. We thoroughly enjoyed having our wedding here.

Profile Picture Kevin, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved being able to have the ceremony and reception in one location. It we really easy to get to for out of town guests. Jennifer, the events coordinator, helped bring together m vendors and even helped with changes along the way. She even had Plans A, B, and C for any weather! Great Facility! I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Julia, 5/1/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

War Memorial was the perfect choice. The staff was amazing. So happy Jennifer took over and was our person for our big day. This lady was awesome. I didn't fully understand why she wanted so much information on my vendors and coordinator, but leading up to the big day I fully understood. She made my day as seamless and stress free as possible. Working directly with my coordinator and vendors so not to stress me and my groom. It was amazing. The staff on the days leading up to the event and the day of left us fully impressed by their professionalism and dedication to our special day. The ceremony space was absolutely beautiful on the Fitch Plaza overlooking Lake Michigan. The pictures were flawless. Cocktail hour was setup as requested and all special requests and last minute additions were fully accommodated. We're currently looking for a reason to have another event here. Just amazing.

Profile Picture Rhonda, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

The War Memorial was the perfect place for our wedding. We had our ceremony on the patio and our reception in the ballroom inside. The lake and art museum made the perfect backdrop for our ceremony and photos. The staff at the War Memorial did an amazing job setting up, tearing down, and making sure everything ran smoothly in between. A special thanks to Jennifer Metz, Katie, Zach, and the rest of the staff. Everything was just perfect!

Profile Picture User5489075, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

When we took a tour back in 2013 I knew this was the venue! The vie is amazing the reception hall is nice as well. Brie and Jennifer we super nice to work with and our wedding ceremony and reception was perfect. The birth of our daughter cam the same week we were scheduled to get married the war memorial was very accommodating. Love this place for a wedding!

Profile Picture Crystal, 8/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved the location, gorgeous, beautiful, so happy with everything! My wedding was perfect!!

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/7/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect venue for our wedding reception and cocktail hour. Amanda at the War Memorial is very responsive and will help to plan your entire night. We couldn't have asked for a more easier night than what was planned for us at the War Memorial. We felt like guests at our own wedding, because we were so relaxed and stress free. Which is very important! I would do it all over again at the War Memorial. It's also very affordable and a great scenic location in downtown Milwaukee with the lake in the background.

Profile Picture User2703366, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The War Memorial was amazing! We worked with Amanda who did everything she possibly could to be flexible, accomodating to our cultural needs, and providing a setup that couldn't have been more perfect. She was extremely responsive and gave me tons of confidence that everything would go well. Anyone would be lucky to have their wedding at the War Memorial, so many different spaces to use and only one event per day.. just perfect!

Profile Picture Devina, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Milwaukee County War Memorial was great. It was an affordable option for the Milwaukee area, that still had a great view and great accommodations. They have parking on site, which saves your guests from having to find parking in downtown Milwaukee. Amanda, the wedding coordinator there, was always accessible to ask a million questions, and she always seemed to have the answers. Despite there being a national triathlon on our wedding day, Amanda assured us everything would run smoothly, and she even set up all of our decorations for us, which was above and beyond what we imagined. You can't beat the view of the Art Museum and Lake Michigan!

Profile Picture Shelly, 8/10/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue speaks for itself overlooking Lake Michigan. The ceremony started at 4:00. Cocktail hour immediately following while the wedding party took pictures. And the reception from 6:00-midnight. If you're looking for an outdoor ceremony I would highly recommend the War Memorial. It was great having everything in one place. The only risky part is depending on good weather in Wisconsin!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/22/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I've always dreamed of getting married outside and this was the perfect spot. Not only do you have the option of having the ceremony out on the plaza but if there's inclement weather there are several back up plans. There were chances of rain the day of our wedding and Amanda was great about keeping me up to date and letting us make a decision at the last possible moment. In fact my now husband changed it from Plan B to Plan A at even more last minute and they were more then accomodating! The Memorial Hall is a beautiful place for a reception. I was put off a little about the carpet choice, but you honestly don't even notice it, or see it with all the tables set up! The only issue was they were unable to figure out how to turn the lights down...which apparently has never happened before. They even called Amanda at home to try and figure it out, but no luck. Our guests didn't even notice unless we said something. It didn't bother them at all and we had a fabulous night! I thought pricing was very reasonable for a downtown venue and the prefered catering list made finding a caterer a breeze. We also loved that it was within walking distance of everything we wanted pictures with!

Profile Picture Jeni, 9/22/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The most beautiful lake venue in Milwaukee! They are professional, responsive and reasonable. Amanda goes above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect.

Profile Picture Megann, 8/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutly loved having our wedding (ceremony and reception) at the War Memorial. We had the ceremony outside on the patio next to the water. With the beautiful lake, park and art museum in the background we did not need a lot of decorations and our pictures turned out beautiful. We had the cocktail hour also outside on the patio closer to the building and there was plenty of space for all of our guests to enjoy cocktails and food. Our reception was indoors in Memorial Hall which turned out beautifully. The staff at the War Memorial was very responsive to our requests and were very easy to work with. The bridal room where all of the girls got ready was located in the building overlooking the ceremony site and the lake. It was wonderful to get ready and see all of the decorations being put together and to see all of the guests enter. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/26/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Milwaukee County War Memorial was a beautiful location for my reception! My guests were amazed at how beautiful is was there! Jennifer was very responsive for planning my wedding and accommodated any changes we had. There were a few things that didn't go right the day of that were a little troubling though. The placement of the tables I had were not in the right order. I had reserved seating for 3 tables and they reserved 4 so one whole table was empty because my guests were confused. The table that was empty was supposed to be where my close family sat directly to my left. The coordinater said she didn't get the floor plan seating from Jennifer so she didn't know. It did work out though, so it was all good. The PowerPoint for our slideshows were not working so my groom and one of my groomsmen went to fix it before dinner, so dinner was a bit behind due to technical difficulties. Other than those 2 things, really it was a nice venue to host my wedding at! ❤ I would highly recommend the Milwaukee War Memorial!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/25/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access

In selecting our venue, once we had completed our basic walk thru with Jennifer at The War Memorial, we were sure that this was the location for us, despite having another six venues to see. The price point for the location and view is such a value compared to other lakefront venues. The key selling points for us were the location, the ability to rent out the parking lot for our guests (remarkably affordable given the location), the fact that we could use the entire venue (no risk of gifts or guests getting lost) and Jennifer. The War Memorial and Jennifer also need to be commended on their attention to detail and flexibility. Again, we had met with other venues and our estimates kept climbing because they charged for EVERY table, chair, moving of a reception, parking attendants, security, etc. ALL of this is not only included at The War Memorial, they do it with ease and no expectation of anything different. My groom said it best the next day, "Now I want to go to someone else's wedding here just to be able to enjoy this location more."

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/23/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning

The War Memorial is an excellent venue for a wedding. Amanda was a pleasure to work with and was very responsive. Such a great value for the location!

Profile Picture Sylvia, 8/2/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The War Memorial is a beautiful venue for weddings. The view of the lake is great and there are several options for outdoors weddings, depending on weather. We had ours under the overhang because of rainy weather, which ended up looking beautiful in pictures. Amanda at the War Memorial was great in coordinating everything; she had been answering my emails for months before the wedding.

Profile Picture Heather, 5/21/11, 3 Reviews
4.7

Jennifer, Robert, and the rest of the event team and staff was so great and fun to work with! I love how they always included the caterer, making everything SO much easier! This venue is priceless and captures the heart of Milwaukee so well, I would pick it over and over again.

Profile Picture Hannah, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The management at the War Memorial Center were great to work with. She really was on top of the our contract--didn't have any problems at all. The management team was great to work, helpful and very professional plus the price was not bad at all. They also have some really good group of venues to choose from. Def recommend others to have their event there no matter what it is. Thank You WMC we had a wonderful wedding there despite of the weather being a little cloudy and windy.

Alia & Christopher Thomas 4/4/10