Walnut Grove Farm & Lodge Reviews

Walnut Grove Farm & Lodge 4
  • Carrie

Carrie Waldridge · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Amazing barn!

Venue was everything I wanted!

Sent on 05/29/2019

amanda · Married on 09/09/2017

Perfect wedding venue! Thanks to the owners who made the day stress free.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Leon was wonderful and our wedding was beautiful!! Everything I could have wanted, perfect place to stay with the out of town family!

Sent on 06/26/2016

adam · Married on 05/05/2015

Walnut Grove Farm is very pretty all years. It 's a place you have to visit in person to really appreciate. The farm shows it's been cared for by the owner. The owner has a passion for his farm and shares the beauty with his friends and family. People from all around come and rent his farm for many venues. I personally have shot many sessions out there and just love that place.

Adam Brennan

Sent on 05/07/2015

Paula · Married on 10/14/2017

Leon the owner was very helpful with getting our guests who could not walk all the way to the ceremony site down there. He even shuttled some guests in his jeep. His son helped clean up after the reception so we wouldn't have so much to do the next day and even gave my in laws extra time on Sunday because we had so much stuff to take home and it took so many trips. We did the two over night stay and it was well worth it!!

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Walnut Grove Farm & Lodge 5
    Walnut Grove Farm & Lodge 6
    Walnut Grove Farm & Lodge 7
    Walnut Grove Farm & Lodge 8

Walnut Grove Farm & Lodge's reply:

Thank you for the great review! I just want to note that there has been a lot of new changes to the Event Barn, Ceremony Areas and Lodge since these photos were taken. Any interested parties should browse the above carousel for up-to-date photos of our venue!

-Robert Swarts
    Owner & Manager
    Walnut Grove Farm & Lodge
  • User6199362 · 2+ years ago

4.2
      3.5
      2.5

Great deal. But the guest had to park on a hill in grass and it rains that day so everyone's car and shoes was caked with mud. The owner is very fast pace. I don't know if it was a miss understanding on my part. I was under the impression we had the venue all day Sunday to clean up and use the lodge too. This was a sailing point for me because I knew we all was going to drink and I am a night shift worker so I sleep late. On Sunday the owner was acting very upset at are best man because he was the only one awake and was saying stuff like " he has never had this many trash bags to take off. We needed to hurry up and clean up and get out he had a showing at 1 pm. The gust that stayed the night didn't even get to eat brunch that I had pre made. But the pros are its a very rustic place so the wedding photos are amazing. Just take more time then I did to get the do's and don't and the time in and out every day

Sent on 05/31/2016

3.4
      3.0
      0.5

Walnut Grove Farm provides a beautiful backdrop for pictures and provides so much for your money. To provide lodging along with seating and barn access was much more than we found at many other venues. It was very affordable and Leon is very flexible in allowing you to bring in what you need to achieve your vision. However, professionalism is lacking in this venue and that shows. You get a lot for your money, but some of it is undesired, including inappropriate comments. Would recommend to couples on a budget, but would highly encourage a professional day of coordinator and a wedding planner to handle all business transactions.

Sent on 09/24/2016