40 Reviews for Wallflower Designs

Flower Petals (1)
Flower Crowns (1)
Flower Girl Baskets (1)
40 Wallflower Designs Reviews

Breathtaking - that is the best way I can describe the floral accents/arrangements at our wedding ... and this is all thanks to Wallflower Designs.

My husband & I hired Marla for all of our floral needs (bouquets, centerpieces, ceremony, cake deco, reception hall deco, etc...). The planning process was easy and extremely detailed which made things a whole lot less stressful! One of the most amazing things about Marla is that I had absolutely no idea what I really wanted for our flowers - just an idea that I wanted rustic elegance made up of burgundy, ivory, and gold - she took this simple information and transformed it into a plan that exceeded expectations. Marla was also really great at working within our budget - giving us tips & tricks to get the look we wanted and not having to spend more than we wanted to get it.

Wallflower Designs is a full service florist which really makes the big day stress free - a lot of my girlfriends had florists who simply dropped off flowers which then had to be set-up by either the bride and her "girls" or the venue. Working with Marla, however meant that she was there to set-up all flowers prior to the ceremony & reception and she even re-purposed ceremony flowers into the reception & dancing area after the ceremony!!!

All I can say is if you want a knowledgeable florist, who is easy to work with, extremely organized, and who can make all your floral dreams come true - Wallflower Designs is the ONLY way to go!

Profile Picture Agata, 10/6/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Crowns, Flower Girl Baskets, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

Wallflower Designs pairs beautiful floral arrangements with top-tier customer service. You only have to catch a glimpse of Marla's stunning creations on her flickr gallery to know that she'll do a good job with your flowers, but she's also a peerless businesswoman who can intuit your needs from a single consultation and can craft a floral proposal that meets both your vision and your budget. As a full-service florist, Wallflower Designs provided ALL floral arrangements and floral decorations for our wedding, and every single detail—the bouquets, the corsages, the boutonnieres, the centerpieces, the cake and table decorations, the mini-floral-arrangements we gave away as wedding favors—was FLAWLESS. Marla is a true artist, and in every way a pleasure to work with. You CANNOT go wrong with Wallflower.

Profile Picture User7173240, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

I originally found Wallflower Designs on our venue's preferred vendors list & her website is what confirmed her style was exactly what I wanted for my wedding day! Her website showcased absolutely beautiful arrangements that were unique and stunning! We had several meetings over a few months and it was so easy! She put into action everything I could have ever wanted! & We got endless compliments - even from my aunt who is a florist was absolutely beyond impressed! Marla also was more than professional, she was kind, organized, and took care of things I didn't even begin to think of! I would recommend her to anyone! I will always look at my wedding pictures and think the flower arrangements Marla and her team put together were absolutely beautiful! :)

Profile Picture Josie, 12/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

You won't regret choosing Marla to do your flowers, she is absolutely amazing! She translated our conversations into the most beautiful designs capturing our daughter's vision exactly. The day of the wedding she was so accommodating going above and beyond to ensure the church and reception space were perfect and always with a smile on her face! Highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Teresa, 12/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Marla did a PHENOMENAL job - I cannot believe how perfect everything was. Somehow she took a look I had in my brain and brought it to life. I wouldn't have changed a single detail ... it was so breathtaking! Thank you, Marla and Wallflower Designs

Profile Picture Allison, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Marla was incredible and gave us exactly what we were looking for!! I would highly recommend Wallflowers for any event you want to make look truly unique and special. Our fall wedding was so special because of the atmosphere she set. Everything was so beautiful, her attention to detail and the unique ideas she had were perfect. She spent so much time personally setting up to make sure everything was the way we discussed, I never once doubted my decision to hire her!! The whole experience was fantastic! Highly recommend Wallflowers!!

Profile Picture User7700446, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Makes your visions come alive in a magical fairytale type of way! Very creative and accommodating.

Profile Picture User7703052, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Marla was amazing to work with! She went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. All night guests were raving about the flowers. My mother in law could not stop talking about how professional she was and how attentive to details. We could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out!

Profile Picture Marisa, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

STUNNING!! It's amazing what Marla is able to accomplish with just a few meetings, photos, and verbal ideas of what you want for your bouquets and decor. She absolutely nailed it! All of the florals were so beautiful and exactly what I was hoping for! I am most excited to get my photos back so I can see my flowers again! Marla is such a gem--she is so calm and sweet. All night long, I was getting compliments on the flowers and I owe it all to Marla! My mom took every single arrangement home because they were just that beautiful! You can bet I'm preserving my bouquet AND that I'll be using Marla again in the future! We are so thankful for her and all of her hard work. She made our wedding day so perfect!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My daughter and I researched and interviewed several florists, however the moment we met with Marla of Wallflower Designs we felt a connection and knew she was the perfect choice. My daughter lives across the country and Marla graciously fit us into her schedule when my daughter was in town. Marla was extremely personable and a delight to work with. She was so attentive to our needs, we felt as if we were her only clients!
Marla completely understood my daughter's vision for her wedding flowers and offered many creative ideas to enhance that vision. Her artistry, patience and attention to detail are beyond compare. Marla was flexible and understanding even when we made some last minute changes to the plan. She was extremely reassuring that all would be well!
The personal service Marla and her team provided before, during, and after the wedding was impeccable. To say the wedding flowers were stunning is an understatement! We received countless compliments on how brethtaking they were. My daughter requested flowers for her hair and the hair stylist (who has been in the business for 30 years) stated that she has never seen flowers so beautiful and unique!
I know there are many skilled floral designers, however no one can surpass Marla's talent, passion for her work or her compassion for her clients. I am so grateful we were able to have Marla as our designer!

Profile Picture Penny, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Marla was such a joy to work with. Our flowers were perfect for our wedding. We can't say enough!!

Profile Picture Kayley, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I cannot say enough good things about Wallflower Designs and working with Marla. I used Marla's services for both my bridal shower flowers along with my flowers for my wedding day. I didn't really go in with a clear vision of what I wanted and actually ended up changing half way through anyways. Marla worked hard to make sure she understood my vision and brought it to life! She did an absolutely phenomenal job, she's a true artist. I would recommend her to absolutely anybody and would use her service again and again! Thank you, Marla!!

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 6/3/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I cannot recommend Marla and Wallflower Designs highly enough! She delivered something far above and beyond my expectations. My bouquet from her ended up being one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding. I had a general idea of what I wanted for my wedding flowers... Marla took those (fairly vague) ideas from me and 100% nailed what I was looking for from her (without me even being totally able to put what I wanted into words!). In terms of service, Marla was the consummate professional! I planned most of my wedding while living abroad in Madrid, Spain, which was challenging with some vendors. However, Marla made the process of planning a wedding from far away extremely easy. She was flexible, communicative and easy to work with, and she also worked with us to stay within our budget. If you are looking for a florist for your wedding, Marla is absolutely fantastic to work with and I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Michelle, 11/14/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up

From our very first meeting with Marla, to our wedding day, every single moment was special, fun, creative, and lovely! Marla listened to everything I wanted (and the things I didn’t know I wanted) on our initial meeting. She provided great suggestions, made excellent recommendations, and really came to understand my wedding day vision. On our second meeting, she showed my mom and I all of the flowers she planned to use, brainstormed ideas for vases that fit the theme, and took detailed notes about my wedding party, reception, and ceremony. She was professional the entire time, but also came to feel like a trusted friend. We felt completely confident in her execution of our wedding flower vision, often telling her “we trust you, Marla!” On our wedding day, Marla met us at the church and identified all of my family members, bridal party members, and honored guests to provide them their flowers for the day. She also made sure the church was perfectly set-up and ready. Marla even stayed calm when I asked her, last-minute, to add a detail to my bridal bouquet that I had received from my Grandfather. But most importantly, Marla came to the bridal suite to meet me, make sure my flowers were perfect and ready to go, and to give me one last hug before heading down the aisle. At the Arboretum, where we were holding our reception, Marla made sure each and every single table was perfectly arranged. Her attention to detail and extensive dedication to our wedding day vision, ensured that it was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined! But above all, the flowers! Oh the flowers! I cannot even describe how perfectly they complimented all of the other décor that I had spent over a year gathering, creating, and preparing for our wedding day. The flowers were the perfect combination of asymmetric, wild, elegant, metallic, fragrant and romantic – just what I had asked for. Every guest I’ve spoken to since our wedding has mentioned how perfect the flowers were.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/11/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Marla is the most amazing and talent florist I know!!! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!! She goes above and beyond and does the most beautiful job with her floral arraignments.

Profile Picture Cristin , 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Table Arrangements

Marla was very nice to work with. The flowers were all perfect, and exactly what I asked for. They really lit up all of our rooms, and all of the pictures!

Profile Picture Jamie, 6/5/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Marla is the sweetest most creative woman I know in the flower world! She knew exactly what I wanted and the flowers at my wedding were the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen. My guests were blown away by how beautiful my ceremony and reception flowers were. She is very kind and professional and worked with me long distance on the planning phase. She truly cares about her clients and her passion for flowers is as beautiful as her arrangements. I can't wait to work with her again someday!

Profile Picture Kristi, 5/22/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I cannot say enough good things about Marla. Pictures of her work speak for themselves, but they do not express what a great person she is to work with. I know very little about flowers, but Marla quickly picked up on what I like and made a perfect flower plan for our wedding! Marla has a great eye for details and was awesome setting up on our wedding day. Everyone complimented our flowers and they were unbelievably beautiful, Marla is amazing.

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/16/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I really don't know where to begin with this review, suffice it to say that selecting Wallflower Designs as the florist for our daughter's wedding was obviously the best choice we could have made. Such a great experience working with a talented, artistic, charming and just plain nice human being - Marla Johnstone made the entire process from our first meeting to the day of the wedding a pleasure and so lived up to all of our expectations. We received numerous comments on the beauty of all the flowers - bouquets and table decorations and accent designs. The important thing to know about Marla is that she works with you, listens closely to you ideas and then just magically puts everything together to fulfill your greatest wedding aspirations. I would book her very early as she just seems to keep getting better and better at her job.

Profile Picture Mila, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Wallflower Designs was my favorite vendor for my April 2015 wedding. From the first meeting to the wedding itself, Marla listened to my ideas and created a beautiful space for our event. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture User5134494, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Marla Johnstone , of Wallflower Designs did the flowers for my daughter's June 14, 2014 wedding at Emerson Creek, We don't have words to describe how beautiful her flowers were ! Her flowers made the day gorgeous. My daughter wanted a romantic rustic feel to go with her venue and we were amazed how wonderful everything turned out ! Marla is a dream to work with ,such a lovely person! Wallflower Designs is awesome!!!!

Profile Picture Kiley, 6/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We were married this April at the Morton Arboretum in Chicago, IL- the Arboretum stuff recommended Marla as both an excellent florist, and as a vendor who provided good value for money (as far as weddings go, at least). We were happy to find that both were true.

Marla is very responsive, thoughtful, and professional - she's a great person to go to if you know exactly what you're looking for, AND if you have no idea what you're doing. We definitely were in the latter camp - our request was something like, "We want something purple and white and garden-y, but in an organized way, if you know we mean." ... Yeah, not helpful. Yet, somehow Marla was able to translate our somewhat uninformed opinions into EXACTLY what we wanted - everyone was blown away by her beautiful flowers. Moreover, she was very clear about pricing upfront, and was able to work pretty closely within our budget.

Plus, she's very sweet and easy to work with! We'd recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Nick, 4/19/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Marla did a fantastic job with our flowers!! They were so perfect, exactly what I envisioned but better!! She was so helpful during the planning and also came to the church and hotel to pin on flowers. I received so many compliments on the bouquets!!

Profile Picture Amber, 11/16/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Marla and her team are amazing!!! Wallflower designs created the most beautiful flower arrangements, arch and table top flower/candle design for my wedding. My husband and I loved it and people were commenting all night long. Marla was a great partner from the beginning. She got the look and feel I was going for and sent multiple pictures for ideas. I picked from the pictures and added ideas of my own and she got it right away. We met a month prior after multiple emails to finalize details and even made adjustments that close into the event. No problem for Marla. She showed up on time, her and her team were fast and friendly. Most importantly the arrangements were immaculate.

Profile Picture Jillian, 10/5/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I have to say my flowers were my most favorite part of my wedding! Marla is amazing! She was so easy to work with from beginning to end. She knew exactly what I had wanted and my flowers turned out better then I could have ever hoped! She is so talented and has such an eye for what flowers work well together... I still get complements on how beautiful the flowers were from people who see pictures! Thanks again!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/20/13, 5 Reviews