Wallflower Designs Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Jocelyn
    Jocelyn B. Married on 07/30/2021

the most incredible florist

My husband and I didn't know much about wedding florals, and of course, my husband was not keen on prioritizing florals in our wedding budget!! Marla was recommended to us by our venue, so we decided to give her a call. In our meeting with Marla, it was clear she is one of the best and extremely professional. Booking Marla was one of the best choices we made for our wedding!! She is an artist, extremely talented, and a wonderful and kind person. Marla helped take my color ideas and encouraged a few pops of color. If you hire her and allow her to do her art, she will help make your day so special. My guests and friends could not say enough about our florals!! We are so grateful, and we both will encourage all of our friends to think mindfully about their floral vendors and the important role they play. Marla is just perfection-cannot recommend enough!!

photocredit: https://www.joylynphotography.com/
    Avani P. Married on 06/08/2019

Unique & Amazing!

Marla is truly a visionary! She was able to create something so new I have not seen in weddings. She added fruits mixed with foliage and wildflowers! I had an Indian-American fusion wedding and she was able to create an extremely unique Indian wedding arch (Mandap). I was obsessed with the centerpieces she created for the reception. She was very easy to work with and such a nice person! She's not your typical wedding florist. If you want something unique please check out Wallflower Designs!
    Rachel Married on 05/04/2019

Highly recommend!

If I could give Wallflower designs more than 5 stars, I absolutely would. Marla was AMAZING to work with during the entire process and she and her team totally blew us away with the final product. All of the planning meetings were well organized and she helped us figure out exactly what we wanted. The bouquets were breathtaking, the centerpieces were absolutely beautiful, and she even put together an adorable little flower wand for our 15 month old flower girl to hold. Our guests were complimenting the flowers all evening. We were absolutely blown away and would highly recommend Wallflower to anyone.
    Sarah Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Flowers!

Marla was amazing to work with, she also did my sister's wedding. She was able to create beautiful bouquets for my bridesmaids, bracelets for the mom's and grandmothers as well as decor accents that lifted up our venue. She was able to read exactly what I wanted and produce what I had always envisioned. She is a dream to work with and an amazing florist, so talented! I loved her work.
    Kaylee B. Married on 09/23/2018

Beautiful!

The flowers were beautiful! Even better than I expected!
    Jacqueline Married on 07/27/2018

Would highly recommend Wallflower Designs!

Before meeting with Marla, I had an image in my mind of what I wanted the flowers to look like at the wedding, but wasn’t quite sure how to describe that to her. While I was trying to explain my vision, Marla was really helpful. She pulled up lots of different pictures so that I could tell her things I did and did not like. From those general concepts, she was able to craft a look that exactly matched what I was looking for.

Marla was incredibly responsive and easy to communicate with. She was so sweet and calm, and easy to work with.

Overall the flowers were exactly what I was looking for - from the bouquets and centerpieces, all the way down to the olive sprigs in the napkins, everything looked perfect. Her attention to detail really came through, and we received numerous compliments from friends and family. We can’t say enough about Marla, and would highly recommend Wallflower Designs for your wedding florals.
    Tara Married on 06/10/2018
    Marla at Wallflower Designs is a bride’s DREAM florist! Marla’s work is exquisite and I truly believe she could take the grungiest of places and turn them into a magical oasis. I chose Marla because I loved the photos of her work on social media, but after I talked with her I knew Marla was the florist I had been searching for! She takes the time to really understand your vision and then she takes that vision and makes it a million times better… so much better than you could ever possibly envision on your own. Marla made my jaw drop three different times on my wedding day; when I got my bouquet, when I was walking down the aisle and saw the pergola she so beautifully decorated and when I saw all the amazing table arrangements at the reception. It was absolutely stunning! I also have to mention that I was planning my wedding out of state. Marla went above and beyond to accommodate my long distance wedding planning and she is just fabulous to work with! I feel so lucky to have had Marla share her amazing work with us on our wedding day and I highly recommend her to every bride out there! THANK YOU MARLA!
    Jessica Married on 05/26/2018
    Marla is one of the most genuine AND creative people I have ever met. I've had the pleasure of working with Marla in the wedding creative field, and as a creative myself, I knew I wanted to book her for my wedding this past Memorial Day weekend 2018. I met with Marla, gave her my colors, a rough budget, and some of my favorite textures/flowers, and from there, complete creative freedom to be her artistic self! As I expected, Marla went above and beyond my expectations and created the most beautiful, dynamic, and vibrant arrangements. I got nothing but compliments and couldn't have been happier to use her masterpieces to accent my wedding venue and party. Thank you! Book with Marla and don't think twice. She is the best!
    Agata Married on 10/06/2017
    Breathtaking - that is the best way I can describe the floral accents/arrangements at our wedding ... and this is all thanks to Wallflower Designs.

My husband & I hired Marla for all of our floral needs (bouquets, centerpieces, ceremony, cake deco, reception hall deco, etc...). The planning process was easy and extremely detailed which made things a whole lot less stressful! One of the most amazing things about Marla is that I had absolutely no idea what I really wanted for our flowers - just an idea that I wanted rustic elegance made up of burgundy, ivory, and gold - she took this simple information and transformed it into a plan that exceeded expectations. Marla was also really great at working within our budget - giving us tips & tricks to get the look we wanted and not having to spend more than we wanted to get it.

Wallflower Designs is a full service florist which really makes the big day stress free - a lot of my girlfriends had florists who simply dropped off flowers which then had to be set-up by either the bride and her "girls" or the venue. Working with Marla, however meant that she was there to set-up all flowers prior to the ceremony & reception and she even re-purposed ceremony flowers into the reception & dancing area after the ceremony!!!

All I can say is if you want a knowledgeable florist, who is easy to work with, extremely organized, and who can make all your floral dreams come true - Wallflower Designs is the ONLY way to go!
    Alex Married on 04/07/2017
    Wallflower Designs pairs beautiful floral arrangements with top-tier customer service. You only have to catch a glimpse of Marla's stunning creations on her flickr gallery to know that she'll do a good job with your flowers, but she's also a peerless businesswoman who can intuit your needs from a single consultation and can craft a floral proposal that meets both your vision and your budget. As a full-service florist, Wallflower Designs provided ALL floral arrangements and floral decorations for our wedding, and every single detail—the bouquets, the corsages, the boutonnieres, the centerpieces, the cake and table decorations, the mini-floral-arrangements we gave away as wedding favors—was FLAWLESS. Marla is a true artist, and in every way a pleasure to work with. You CANNOT go wrong with Wallflower.
    Josie Married on 12/16/2016
    I originally found Wallflower Designs on our venue's preferred vendors list & her website is what confirmed her style was exactly what I wanted for my wedding day! Her website showcased absolutely beautiful arrangements that were unique and stunning! We had several meetings over a few months and it was so easy! She put into action everything I could have ever wanted! & We got endless compliments - even from my aunt who is a florist was absolutely beyond impressed! Marla also was more than professional, she was kind, organized, and took care of things I didn't even begin to think of! I would recommend her to anyone! I will always look at my wedding pictures and think the flower arrangements Marla and her team put together were absolutely beautiful! :)
    Teresa Married on 12/16/2016
    You won't regret choosing Marla to do your flowers, she is absolutely amazing! She translated our conversations into the most beautiful designs capturing our daughter's vision exactly. The day of the wedding she was so accommodating going above and beyond to ensure the church and reception space were perfect and always with a smile on her face! Highly recommend her.
    Allison Married on 12/10/2016
    Marla did a PHENOMENAL job - I cannot believe how perfect everything was. Somehow she took a look I had in my brain and brought it to life. I wouldn't have changed a single detail ... it was so breathtaking! Thank you, Marla and Wallflower Designs <3
    Lauren Married on 11/19/2016
    Marla was incredible and gave us exactly what we were looking for!! I would highly recommend Wallflowers for any event you want to make look truly unique and special. Our fall wedding was so special because of the atmosphere she set. Everything was so beautiful, her attention to detail and the unique ideas she had were perfect. She spent so much time personally setting up to make sure everything was the way we discussed, I never once doubted my decision to hire her!! The whole experience was fantastic! Highly recommend Wallflowers!!
  • User2959224 2+ years ago
    Makes your visions come alive in a magical fairytale type of way! Very creative and accommodating.
    Marisa Married on 10/01/2016
    Marla was amazing to work with! She went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect. All night guests were raving about the flowers. My mother in law could not stop talking about how professional she was and how attentive to details. We could not have been more pleased with how everything turned out!
  • Danielle
    Danielle Married on 09/04/2016
    STUNNING!! It's amazing what Marla is able to accomplish with just a few meetings, photos, and verbal ideas of what you want for your bouquets and decor. She absolutely nailed it! All of the florals were so beautiful and exactly what I was hoping for! I am most excited to get my photos back so I can see my flowers again! Marla is such a gem--she is so calm and sweet. All night long, I was getting compliments on the flowers and I owe it all to Marla! My mom took every single arrangement home because they were just that beautiful! You can bet I'm preserving my bouquet AND that I'll be using Marla again in the future! We are so thankful for her and all of her hard work. She made our wedding day so perfect!
    Penny Married on 08/20/2016
    My daughter and I researched and interviewed several florists, however the moment we met with Marla of Wallflower Designs we felt a connection and knew she was the perfect choice. My daughter lives across the country and Marla graciously fit us into her schedule when my daughter was in town. Marla was extremely personable and a delight to work with. She was so attentive to our needs, we felt as if we were her only clients!
    Marla completely understood my daughter's vision for her wedding flowers and offered many creative ideas to enhance that vision. Her artistry, patience and attention to detail are beyond compare. Marla was flexible and understanding even when we made some last minute changes to the plan. She was extremely reassuring that all would be well!
    The personal service Marla and her team provided before, during, and after the wedding was impeccable. To say the wedding flowers were stunning is an understatement! We received countless compliments on how brethtaking they were. My daughter requested flowers for her hair and the hair stylist (who has been in the business for 30 years) stated that she has never seen flowers so beautiful and unique!
    I know there are many skilled floral designers, however no one can surpass Marla's talent, passion for her work or her compassion for her clients. I am so grateful we were able to have Marla as our designer!
    Kayley Married on 08/20/2016
    Marla was such a joy to work with. Our flowers were perfect for our wedding. We can't say enough!!
    Elisabeth Married on 06/03/2016
    I cannot say enough good things about Wallflower Designs and working with Marla. I used Marla's services for both my bridal shower flowers along with my flowers for my wedding day. I didn't really go in with a clear vision of what I wanted and actually ended up changing half way through anyways. Marla worked hard to make sure she understood my vision and brought it to life! She did an absolutely phenomenal job, she's a true artist. I would recommend her to absolutely anybody and would use her service again and again! Thank you, Marla!!
    Michelle Married on 11/14/2015
    I cannot recommend Marla and Wallflower Designs highly enough! She delivered something far above and beyond my expectations. My bouquet from her ended up being one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding. I had a general idea of what I wanted for my wedding flowers... Marla took those (fairly vague) ideas from me and 100% nailed what I was looking for from her (without me even being totally able to put what I wanted into words!). In terms of service, Marla was the consummate professional! I planned most of my wedding while living abroad in Madrid, Spain, which was challenging with some vendors. However, Marla made the process of planning a wedding from far away extremely easy. She was flexible, communicative and easy to work with, and she also worked with us to stay within our budget. If you are looking for a florist for your wedding, Marla is absolutely fantastic to work with and I highly recommend her!
    Elizabeth Married on 07/11/2015
    From our very first meeting with Marla, to our wedding day, every single moment was special, fun, creative, and lovely! Marla listened to everything I wanted (and the things I didn’t know I wanted) on our initial meeting. She provided great suggestions, made excellent recommendations, and really came to understand my wedding day vision. On our second meeting, she showed my mom and I all of the flowers she planned to use, brainstormed ideas for vases that fit the theme, and took detailed notes about my wedding party, reception, and ceremony. She was professional the entire time, but also came to feel like a trusted friend. We felt completely confident in her execution of our wedding flower vision, often telling her “we trust you, Marla!” On our wedding day, Marla met us at the church and identified all of my family members, bridal party members, and honored guests to provide them their flowers for the day. She also made sure the church was perfectly set-up and ready. Marla even stayed calm when I asked her, last-minute, to add a detail to my bridal bouquet that I had received from my Grandfather. But most importantly, Marla came to the bridal suite to meet me, make sure my flowers were perfect and ready to go, and to give me one last hug before heading down the aisle. At the Arboretum, where we were holding our reception, Marla made sure each and every single table was perfectly arranged. Her attention to detail and extensive dedication to our wedding day vision, ensured that it was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined! But above all, the flowers! Oh the flowers! I cannot even describe how perfectly they complimented all of the other décor that I had spent over a year gathering, creating, and preparing for our wedding day. The flowers were the perfect combination of asymmetric, wild, elegant, metallic, fragrant and romantic – just what I had asked for. Every guest I’ve spoken to since our wedding has mentioned how perfect the flowers were.
    Cristin Married on 07/04/2015
    Marla is the most amazing and talent florist I know!!! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!! She goes above and beyond and does the most beautiful job with her floral arraignments.
    Jamie Married on 06/05/2015
    Marla was very nice to work with. The flowers were all perfect, and exactly what I asked for. They really lit up all of our rooms, and all of the pictures!
    Kristi Married on 05/22/2015
    Marla is the sweetest most creative woman I know in the flower world! She knew exactly what I wanted and the flowers at my wedding were the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen. My guests were blown away by how beautiful my ceremony and reception flowers were. She is very kind and professional and worked with me long distance on the planning phase. She truly cares about her clients and her passion for flowers is as beautiful as her arrangements. I can't wait to work with her again someday!