Walden Country Club Reviews

11 | Crofton, MD

11 Reviews for Walden Country Club

Ashlee Byron · Married on 05/25/2019

Better than imagined!

I just had my wedding at the Walden Country Club on Saturday, May 25, 2019, and it was better than I could have ever imagined. Ilene was able to pull together something that reflected us and accommodated for the fifty guests we had. It was magical and everything I could have ever wanted and more.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Terecia Johnson · Married on 12/15/2018

Excellent for Weddings and Anniversaries

I had my 20th Anniversary/recommitment dinner there. I recommend this classic, vintage, and intimate venue because Ilene; the coordinator and the crew, were attentive, professional/accurate in the planning and delivery. They set up for 60 guest and a band. My color scheme was 4 colors. They successfully created a stunning atmosphere.
    I also had a signature drink that we named " Amazing Love". My husband and I didn't have to lift a finger. All we had to do was show up.
    Future brides or Anniversary goers, if you don't want to worry about your reception dinner or even ceremony, This is the place to go.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Walden Country Club's reply:

It was our pleasure! We enjoyed hosting your party!! Here's to at least 20 more years! Thank you for choosing us!

Karley · Married on 09/23/2017

Ilene and staff at Walden are so amazing to work with they made all of my ideas come to life and look better than I even imagined!! Will be hosting every party and family function here in the future!!!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Monica · Married on 12/03/2016

Ilene, the Wedding/Event planner at Walden Country Club made planning our Wedding so easy!! We met with her once for about an hour approximately 3 months before the Wedding. She listened to our ideas, answered all our questions, showed us all our options, made great suggestions, laid out the schedule for the entire ceremony, and provide us with the costs within a couple days. We were shocked at how reasonable the price was for the venue, food, decorations and open bar for 45 people. We had received a few estimates just to book a Saturday Wedding in venues hyped up to be good Wedding locations. They wanted more than half of what the cost was for the entire Wedding, just took book the venue on a Saturday. We requested a few changes along the way, one the week of the Wedding and were met with nothing but a smile and was told "okay I can get that done" as an answer. The venue was decorated for Christmas and was absolutely beautiful. The food was amazing too. Walden is maintained very well in general, is clean and the staff is friendly and professional. We would 100% recommend Walden for any event. Our Wedding was beautiful and went ff without a hitch! We are very grateful to everyone at Walden for making our Wedding an absolute wonderful experience and memory.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Walden Country Club's reply:

Thank You! I enjoyed working with you and I wish you and Bob all the best going forward!!

shaunta · Married on 05/29/2016

An awesome experience!

Hi Ilene,

I am back home now and have recuperated from such a great weekend. I just want to thank you and your staff for an excellent display of professionalism and for helping to make our event a success. Everything was done in great excellence, the room was airy, pleasant and nice, the servers were just the cutest and very attentative to our guest's needs and what can I say about the food.....DELICIOUS!!!

I know the honoree was very pleased and his guest can't stop talking about how great your establishment and staff was. Thank you for all of your personal help and for being a great banquet manager. There was nothing that we wanted that you couldn't deliver. It is very rare to find a place that checks all the boxes and delivers exactly what and how it is promised.

I commend you for running such a great "ship"! I pray many more blessings on the Walden Country Club because you all have managed to get the hospitality business, just right!

Best Wishes

Shaunta D. Veasley
    Event_ually Yours Party Planner

Sent on 06/18/2019

Amy · Married on 06/21/2014

Ilene and her team went above and beyond from day one. We are truly grateful to have had such an amazing wedding stress free.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Camille · Married on 10/15/2016

We were extremely pleased with our choice to hold our wedding ceremony and reception at Walden. As members of the community surrounding Walden, we decided we liked the idea of keeping it local. We found the prices to be more reasonable than similar venues in the greater Annapolis area and we had a good deal of flexibility to customize our menu. To be honest we barely noticed the food at the wedding ourselves (I guess that's normal, ha ha...) but several family members told us afterwards that it was really good. By far the best part of hosting our event at Walden was Ilene Murphy and her team. Ilene was always quick to respond to our emails and extremely helpful in her advice on everything from decorations to the format of our ceremony. I had an extremely difficult time visualizing how the decorations I had bought were going to pull together to look good. It was a huge relief and pleasant surprise when Ilene's team swept in and completely transformed the décor into something beautiful. The cook even came over and upgraded our bouquets with some additional touches (she used to be a florist). All in all, a great success. We've been trying to find an excuse to host another event there soon.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Jeannine · Married on 06/23/2018

This was our 50th anniversary, so we did not really want it to be just like a "wedding", and Ilene was very accommodating for that! We got the colors we wanted for the tablecloths and napkins and the staff set all the tables up so well! including the serving tables, which were all creatively prepared. We also wanted votive candles surrounding the floral arrangements, and Ilene supplied mirrors as well, thereby enhancing the flowers. The food gets an A+ - we were able to choose exactly which items we wanted for appetizer, main course and dessert, and every item was not only tasty but the presentation was again well handled and very creative. All the staff worked together and provided competent and friendly service. The bar prices were also very reasonable. Truly, we could not have been more pleased! THANK YOU ILENE AND WALDEN!!!!

Sent on 07/29/2018

shalina · Married on 10/20/2017

I hadn’t even considered having our reception at a golf course, but was quickly won over by our first visit with Ilene. She really is a great planner and coordinator. She was great and provided boundless enthusiasm in executing our big day. She was a trusted partner in developing our menu, creating custom cocktails and determining the layout and décor within our budget. We wanted to cultivate a more unique reception experience (some of which worked, some that didn’t) and she helped us easily realize our vision. It is a great place for a reception and a great staff to work with. I highly recommend.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Beth · Married on 09/09/2017

The room looked great. We were kept on schedule. The guests had a great time.

Sent on 09/22/2017